A bird with arms

Comments

• corycory Posts: 736
    Here is the Wild Kingdom-like environment I live in. It also explains why I have chimps and zebras frequent my property from time to time. The last few pics are of my kids bathroom where the coon got inside last night.

And South of Seattle, be careful. That condor has the wing span of a basketball court and can produce enough egg nog to supply an office Christmas party.

Ohh, and the second pic (close up of the roof in the center) is where he gets in the house.

HPIM4550.jpg
    HPIM4548.jpg
    HPIM4551.jpg
    HPIM4552.jpg
    HPIM4553.jpg
    HPIM4554.jpg
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    cory wrote:
    Here is the Wild Kingdom-like environment I live in. It also explains why I have chimps and zebras frequent my property from time to time. The last few pics are of my kids bathroom where the coon got inside last night.

And South of Seattle, be careful. That condor has the wing span of a basketball court and can produce enough egg nog to supply an office Christmas party.

Ohh, and the second pic (close up of the roof in the center) is where he gets in the house.

HPIM4550.jpg
    HPIM4548.jpg
    HPIM4551.jpg
    HPIM4552.jpg
    HPIM4553.jpg
    HPIM4554.jpg

OMG!!!! I can't believe all those paw prints on the plaster!!! You gotta set a camera up and film the little bugger!! I gotta see how he does that!! :D

Nice house btw cory. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    cory wrote:

HPIM4550.jpg
    HPIM4548.jpg
    HPIM4551.jpg
    HPIM4552.jpg
    HPIM4553.jpg
    HPIM4554.jpg

damm i have to wait to view these picts cory i'm at work this system blocks them oh well still no jail time for the bandit maybe today will be the day...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I was gonna try to be humane about it and trap the coon but he crossed the line by coming in the house.

I've decided to treat his ass to a little Prestone anti-freeze and then find him after he dies in a day or so.

And no, we don't eat fucking racoon soup in West Tennessee. Don't confuse us with East TN.

cory wrote:
    I was gonna try to be humane about it and trap the coon but he crossed the line by coming in the house.

I've decided to treat his ass to a little Prestone anti-freeze and then find him after he dies in a day or so.

And no, we don't eat fucking racoon soup in West Tennessee. Don't confuse us with East TN.

So let us know when you've got him cory. I mean I know he's been a true pest and the bane of your existence, but I kinda admire the little fella his tenacity. Actually, he's kinda taken on mythical status. I'm wondering if the anti freeze will even slow him down or if he'll be laughing at you from the attic for the rest of your days!! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    cory wrote:

I wouldn't want to eat Racoon Soup either despite being in East Tennessee :eek:.
    I wouldn't want to eat Racoon Soup either despite being in East Tennessee :eek:.

College towns don't count....:)

Update: I set 2 bowls of Prestone out for him last night. It doesn't look like he drank out of either bowl.

This motherfucker's smart yall.

cory wrote:
    College towns don't count....:)

Update: I set 2 bowls of Prestone out for him last night. I doesn't look like he drank out of either bowl.

This motherfucker's smart yall.

Did you make it tempting for him cory?

The other thing I have to ask is, was that the first time you'd ever left something out for him to eat or drink?

I'd be mixing up something yummy for him, and leaving it out for him for a coupla days, watching to see if he ate or drank from it and then add the poison. You gotta make friends with him to getting him to trust you enough to take what your offering. And you gotta make it appealing. He can probably smell the "poison" so mask it with something sweet like honey. I have no idea what coons eat but I'd be fixing him something "special". :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I predict Cory's neighbor will have a cat that dies of an unknown cause later in the week.
    NERDS!
    I predict Cory's neighbor will have a cat that dies of an unknown cause later in the week.

Well not unless he climbs into the attic SoS! :)

And I reckon if the coon's up there the cats won't be going anywhere near it! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well not unless he climbs into the attic SoS! :)

And I reckon if the coon's up there the cats won't be going anywhere near it! :D

Well cats can poop in toilets and open doors. ;)
    NERDS!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Well cats can poop in toilets and open doors. ;)

So true SoS!! :D

But this coon sounds particularly scary!! If I was a cat there's no way I'd go wander into his territory! And it sounds like his territory is cory's attic!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 327
    Jeanie wrote:
    So let us know when you've got him cory. I mean I know he's been a true pest and the bane of your existence, but I kinda admire the little fella his tenacity. Actually, he's kinda taken on mythical status. I'm wondering if the anti freeze will even slow him down or if he'll be laughing at you from the attic for the rest of your days!! :eek:

He'll probably drink up the anti-freeze without a problem and then go take an enormous crap on the recently washed truck.
    Human Tide wrote:
    He'll probably drink up the anti-freeze without a problem and then go take an enormous crap on the recently washed truck.

:D:D LMAO!! Hope it doesn't strip the paint!! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    This whole thread is hilarious!!! I never knew racoons were such a nuisance! (I'm from Australia) :)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    This whole thread is hilarious!!! I never knew racoons were such a nuisance! (I'm from Australia) :)

**Jeanie waves from Melbourne**

Hi Ziggy! :) Think coon's are like the equivilent of possums.

Not that we're allowed to poison possums if they get in the roof, them being protected and all, nor would I want to, but I can just imagine how bloody annoying for poor cory having Rocky racoon, coz possums in the roof are HELL!!! :eek:

Um btw......did you try out that boiling water on the weeds trick? How did it go? That was you, right? :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    Jeanie wrote:

Not that we're allowed to poison possums if they get in the roof, them being protected and all, nor would I want to, but I can just imagine how bloody annoying for poor cory having Rocky racoon, coz possums in the roof are HELL!!! :eek:

Um btw......did you try out that boiling water on the weeds trick? How did it go? That was you, right? :o

Coons are WAY smarter and more devious than possums. Not to mention, infinitely cuter.

My suggestion is a baseball bat, cory. That's how I took care of my possum problem (I had a young small one get into my apartment).
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Jeanie wrote:

**Zig waves from Townsville**

Yes...we did try it on a patch and it sort of worked (went all brown and wilted etc) but we got lazy and stopped doing it -- then Leigh whippersnipped over it. Just today Leigh gave up (he's been doing sections). We've broken TWO brand new whippersnippers trying to do the pavers so now we're paying a professional to come and do it! :D Lazy I know but we own two businesses and work 7 days a week...AND WE ARE SICK OF WHIPPERSNIPPING!!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ReleasH wrote:
    Coons are WAY smarter and more devious than possums. Not to mention, infinitely cuter.

Gee, I don't know ReleasH, those little ringed tailed possums that live in the tree outside my place are gorgeous little fellas. And watching that Brush Tailed possum that turns up occassionally to eye me suspiciously from a distance as he munches on the fruit I leave him, is down right adorable!! :) Not that I've been that close to a racoon. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    **Zig waves from Townsville**

Yes...we did try it on a patch and it sort of worked (went all brown and wilted etc) but we got lazy and stopped doing it -- then Leigh whippersnipped over it. Just today Leigh gave up (he's been doing sections). We've broken TWO brand new whippersnippers trying to do the pavers so now we're paying a professional to come and do it! Lazy I know but we own two businesses and work 7 days a week...AND WE ARE SICK OF WHIPPERSNIPPING!!!

:) Fair enough!! I think Nan can get it to work for her coz she's pretty vigilant, but lets face it, she can afford to be, retired and all. :)

I get my "man" in to do the whippersnippering, my brother, so it's pretty sporadic!! :D I wouldn't dare try and use one myself, :rolleyes: I can just imagine the mess I'd make!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • useruser Posts: 19
    I think that coon 'offed' Cory.
    user wrote:
    I think that coon 'offed' Cory.

:eek: You could be right user!! I'm starting to wonder where he is!

The little blighter might have snuck back down from the attic into the kids bathroom and crept up on him while he was sleeping and wacked him with the screwdriver!! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Thanks everyone for your continued interest in the depreciation of my home. We have calculated that the value is going down $2400 per hour.

Jeanie, I appreciate the song. Picture the racoon in that video. It looks like that except if that racoon had eaten a Ford Ranger.

I read a comment about the paint being stripped off the truck with anti-freeze tainted poop. Excellent work.

I found out this is no ordinary coon. Apparently, Albert Einstein was hiking in Yellowstone National Park one day and fucked a racoon. The one living at my house now is a direct descendant of one of the world's most brilliant minds.

The past couple of nights, he has just toyed with my traps and refused to touch the poison (anti-freeze) that every racoon in the United States eats.....besides this fucker.

The .22 rifle is coming out today.

If I'm ever fortunate enough to kill him, I'm thinking of taking him to a taxidermist and treating him like Rowdy from Scrubs.

cory wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your continued interest in the depreciation of my home. We have calculated that the value is going down $2400 per hour.

Jeanie, I appreciate the song. Picture the racoon in that video. It looks like that except if that racoon had eaten a Ford Ranger.

I read a comment about the paint being stripped off the truck with anti-freeze tainted poop. Excellent work.

I found out this is no ordinary coon. Apparently, Albert Einstein was hiking in Yellowstone National Forest one day and fucked a racoon. The one living at my house now is a direct descendant of one of the world's most brilliant minds.

The past couple of nights, he has just toyed with my traps and refused to touch the poison (anti-freeze) that every racoon in the United States eats.....besides this fucker.

The .22 rifle is coming out today.

If I'm ever fortunate enough to kill him, I'm thinking of taking him to a taxidermist and treating him like Rowdy from Scrubs.

Cory!! You're alive!! :D I was really starting to worry!
    This is sounding more and more like the plot of Caddyshack everyday! ;):D

Your Declaration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud3H3Si7JJA

And your theme song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RCC_qgINM

Go get him cory!! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    ReleasH wrote:

My suggestion is a baseball bat, cory. That's how I took care of my possum problem (I had a young small one get into my apartment).

That's what I'd like to see it come down to. I may be wrong, but I think possums are blind.

This coon just looks at me in the eyes. I think it wears boxer briefs and has an 80 gig iPod. I watched it the other day on my roof as it stood on its hind legs and did the fucking "pop and lock" breakdance move from the 1983 movie Electric Boogaloo.

Fucking negro racoons.....

He was just in my garage. I left it up with food inside again to intice him. I turned the chime off the doors thinking that would decrease some of the sound when I came outside. He was 5 feet away from me when I slung the door open. Armed with my carbon core Easton baseball bat, I made a run at him.

Newsflash: Don't run in Birkenstocks, plus, racoons are fast little fuckers. I chased him for about 20 yards until he reached complete darkness.

This is just getting ridiculous at this point. I think it's time for the professionals to handle him.

Primitive Racoon - 24

Evolved Human - 0

It's another say day for our species folks.

• Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 327
    cory wrote:
    He was just in my garage. I left it up with food inside again to intice him. I turned the chime off the doors thinking that would decrease some of the sound when I came outside. He was 5 feet away from me when I slung the door open. Armed with my carbon core Easton baseball bat, I made a run at him.

Newsflash: Don't run in Birkenstocks, plus, racoons are fast little fuckers. I chased him for about 20 yards until he reached complete darkness.

This is just getting ridiculous at this point. I think it's time for the professionals to handle him.

Primitive Racoon - 24

Evolved Human - 0

It's another say day for our species folks.

In all seriousness, maybe trying to kill the racoon with a baseball bat isn't such a good idea. Those things will honestly rip your face off if they attack.
    Seriously Cory, get the silencer attachment. Or just hold a pillow over the barrel.
    NERDS!
    A silencer requires threading the inside of the barrel, buying the attachment itself, and answering a LOT of questions as to why I would want to modify my gun like that.