Options

The BCS will be fun this year

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    And now Oklahoma goes down. The BCS people are shitting right now. Kansas vs. LSU in the BCS championship game. Ha Ha!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    and the ducks go down. this is fucking nuts. if cincy can pull off a huge upset, the buckeyes might get back in this mix yet!
    fuck cincy.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    fuck cincy.........

shit man, i hate cincy too. it was the one city in ohio i refused to consider looking for work in. but i was hoping they'd knock off wvu to put the buckeyes that much closer.

my gut tells me both missouri and kansas will lose before all is said and done. i'm guessing it will be lsu-wvu for the national title. which i'd definitely like to see. the way things are going though, anything can happen.
  • Options
    Latest BCS rankings for the teams still in the hunt.

1. LSU 10-1 .990
    2. Kansas 11-0 .949
    3. West Virginia 9-1 .888
    4. Missouri 10-1 .871
    5. Ohio State 11-1 .860

West Virginia leapfrogs over Mizzou to take the #3 spot.

LSU and Kansas each control their own destiny now.

West Virginia (2 games remaining) can win out and hope for either LSU or Kansas to falter. But...

It's possible that Mizzou can leap over West Virginia and claim the #2 slot if they win back-to-back games against top ten ranked teams (KU, and then likely Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game).

Ohio State still has a chance. West Virginia would have to lose against UConn or Pitt, and the winner of this week's KU/Mizzou matchup would then have to lose in the Big 12 Championship.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Go Huskies!!!!

(not many of us here, so might as well throw that in!!!)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Latest BCS rankings for the teams still in the hunt.

1. LSU 10-1 .990
    2. Kansas 11-0 .949
    3. West Virginia 9-1 .888
    4. Missouri 10-1 .871
    5. Ohio State 11-1 .860

Ohio State still has a chance. West Virginia would have to lose against UConn or Pitt, and the winner of this week's KU/Mizzou matchup would then have to lose in the Big 12 Championship.

lsu still has to play arkansas and the sec championship too. they could drop a game as well. one of those 4 is guaranteed to lose and all 3 of the rest could easily take another loss. if any two do, osu is back in. but i have to say i'm willing to bet even if 3 of them lost, they would find some way to rule osu out. with the buckeyes just sitting there next 2 weeks, i'm sure someone would leap them to claim number 2. i'd just as soon see them take on usc or asu in the rose bowl though. i think oregon is out without dixon.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    lsu still has to play arkansas and the sec championship too. they could drop a game as well. one of those 4 is guaranteed to lose and all 3 of the rest could easily take another loss. if any two do, osu is back in. but i have to say i'm willing to bet even if 3 of them lost, they would find some way to rule osu out. with the buckeyes just sitting there next 2 weeks, i'm sure someone would leap them to claim number 2. i'd just as soon see them take on usc or asu in the rose bowl though. i think oregon is out without dixon.

ASU could sneak in if some of these teams go down!! we need to beat USC though. what a crazy year. best I can remember.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    ASU could sneak in if some of these teams go down!! we need to beat USC though. what a crazy year. best I can remember.

they could. honestly, my gut tells me if they beat usc they'd jump the buckeyes even if wvu et al lost. unless they ALL lost and the national championship was asu v. osu. i wish for a play off... i lined up espn's power 16... and man that would make for a sick round of games. including a florida-osu rematch in round one!
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

ASU's slim chances go down the drain.

Can't wait for KU/Mizzou on Saturday night.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    jlew24asu wrote:

hehehehehehe.......:)
  • Options
    Arkansas trashes LSU's national title dreams.

50-48. 3 OT. Wow!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    hahahahahaha....couldn't happen to a nicer guy......fuck you les miles.....:D:D
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

50-48. 3 OT. Wow!

Someone was bound to do it. LSU has been playing like shit for a while now.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    So if Kansas wins, (and WV doesn't get upset) we are looking at
    #1 Kansas
    #2 West Virginia

If Missouri wins (and WV doesn't get upset) it will probably be
    #1 West Virginia
    #2 Missouri

Fucking insane the way NCAA has played out so far this year. So many top teams losing and getting knocked down....then winning and getting right back into the picture.
  • Options
    So if Kansas wins, (and WV doesn't get upset) we are looking at
    #1 Kansas
    #2 West Virginia

If Missouri wins (and WV doesn't get upset) it will probably be
    #1 West Virginia
    #2 Missouri

And if the winner of the KU/Mizzou then gets beat in the Big 12 title game (and WV doesn't get upset), you may see
    #1 West Virginia
    #2 Ohio State (!)

and jeez-louise, what happens if WV does get upset? Is there a possibility of seeing a two-loss team in the BCS championship game???
  • Options
    And if the winner of the KU/Mizzou then gets beat in the Big 12 title game (and WV doesn't get upset), you may see
    #1 West Virginia
    #2 Ohio State (!)

and jeez-louise, what happens if WV does get upset? Is there a possibility of seeing a two-loss team in the BCS championship game???

Yeah I'm actually hoping Mizzou beats Kansas, but then loses in the Big 12 title game, just to fuck shit up even more. Although I'd rather have WV vs Kansas as the national title game just cause it sounds so ridiculous.
  • Options
    this years BCS is a mess. cant wait to see how it all plays out.
  • Options
    barakabaraka Posts: 1,268

50-48. 3 OT. Wow!

Ha ha.......... Pig Sooie! I read this interesting quote from LSU's headcoach:

Miles might have slipped and hit his head on the way to the locker room because he said something strange, even more strange than usual for him, in the moments after the loss. He said the upcoming SEC title game is a “much bigger” game “than the one we just played.” Maybe he’s lost track of games. Or he’s thinking of Michigan’s schedule. Regardless, he is not correct — not unless his team’s goal was to play in something other than the national championship game. That goal was washed away under Friday’s blue sky and in a sea of Arkansas red runners.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071123/SPORTS06/71123057/1048/SPORTS
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    big classic matchup between two perennial powerhouses in this year's bcs series as ohio state-usc.

but it's not the national championship. nope, like the good ole days, it's the rose bowl... and the national championship is west virginia-missouri?? im a buckeye fan, but i gotta say, this is awesome :) i watched most of the games over the weekend and i am stoked to see wvu-mizzou square off if they win out. it should be one hell of a football game. and usc looks fucking fierce these days! as unpredictable as this season has been, i think we could end up with some of the most exciting bowl games in a long while... though i doubt we'll have a clear and undisputed best team.

espn is predicting lsu-hawaii too... i hope like hell hawaii destroys them.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I really hope wvu makes it to the big game...it was downright painful to watch them destroy my team the other day. excrutiating. we'll now end up in the toilet bowl or somethign. but we had a huge party and drank through our sorrows. i hope wvu wins it all, or at least get the chance to.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    There's something a little wrong with Georgia being #4 in the BCS even though they are NOT playing in the SEC championship game!

Ohio State moves up to #3 in the BCS this week and has the insider's shot at slipping into the national title game if either Mizzou or West Virginia loses this weekend.
  • Options
    There's something a little wrong with Georgia being #4 in the BCS even though they are NOT playing in the SEC championship game!

Ohio State moves up to #3 in the BCS this week and has the insider's shot at slipping into the national title game if either Mizzou or West Virginia loses this weekend.

yeah, i caught that too. kinda crazy that they're the highest ranked sec team but are not in the sec title game. but that's the way it goes i guess. i have to say, they look like the scariest team in the sec these days though, without doubt.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Well, it looks like Hawaii snuck into the BCS with a big win over Boise setting up a Sugar Bowl of Hawaii and LSU.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Please God....anybody but that fraud of team called Ohio State in the BSC title game....
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    tybird wrote:
    Please God....anybody but that fraud of team called Ohio State in the BSC title game....

"fraud"- The most first round draft picks of any University (66). 7 Heisman Trophies, and 5 National Titles. 5-1 in BCS games. Most BCS apperences since the formation of the BCS. 128 All-Americans

West Virgina- No National titles, No Heisman winners, one BCS apperence, 11 All-Americans, 3 first round draft picks.

Missouri- No National Titles, No Heisman Winners, No BCS apperences, one first round draft pick, 26 All Americans, 5 first round draft picks.

All things considered I think the frauds look pretty good compaired to the legitimate teams on the list.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

i like how ohio state loses one national championship game to an incredible florida team and they are suddenly "a fraud." it isn't their fault the hype machine went into overdrive last season. the big ten is weak this season, so what? this was supposed to be ohio state's rebuilding year and they dominated. nobody picked them higher than 3rd in their conference. shit, hawaii couldn't get a major player to take them on. who is going to volunteer to play ohio state? ps... they played texas 2 years in a row and play usc the next few. they're hardly slacking on scheduling. this is just an off year. and their one loss came to a team that almost beat the vaunted mizzou in the first game of the season. but i suppose it's hard to remember such trivialities... we know how you southerners aren't fond of thinking.
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    i like how ohio state loses one national championship game to an incredible florida team and they are suddenly "a fraud." it isn't their fault the hype machine went into overdrive last season. the big ten is weak this season, so what? this was supposed to be ohio state's rebuilding year and they dominated. nobody picked them higher than 3rd in their conference. shit, hawaii couldn't get a major player to take them on. who is going to volunteer to play ohio state? ps... they played texas 2 years in a row and play usc the next few. they're hardly slacking on scheduling. this is just an off year. and their one loss came to a team that almost beat the vaunted mizzou in the first game of the season. but i suppose it's hard to remember such trivialities... we know how you southerners aren't fond of thinking.

The whole big ten is down, and because of that, its hard to gage how good OSU really is this year. I certainly wouldnt call them a fraud, but I cant say I think they are the second or 3rd best team in the country either. And in saying that, Mizzou isnt one of the best 2 or 3 teams int he country either. The BCS system is probably going to produce a national champion this year, that might not realistically even be one of the 5 best teams in the country. But thats an opinion and we will have to see how it plays out.
  • Options
    dg1979us wrote:
    The whole big ten is down, and because of that, its hard to gage how good OSU really is this year. I certainly wouldnt call them a fraud, but I cant say I think they are the second or 3rd best team in the country either. And in saying that, Mizzou isnt one of the best 2 or 3 teams int he country either. The BCS system is probably going to produce a national champion this year, that might not realistically even be one of the 5 best teams in the country. But thats an opinion and we will have to see how it plays out.

i agree 100%. i think wvu-mizzou will be a great game, but there's no way i'd agree that the winner is indisputably the best team in the country. and ohio state may or may not be for real. who knows. we'll find out in the bcs, whether they play in the championship or the rose bowl. that's the purpose of it. but the records of these teams earn them the chance to play for it all and that's the way it goes.
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    i agree 100%. i think wvu-mizzou will be a great game, but there's no way i'd agree that the winner is indisputably the best team in the country. and ohio state may or may not be for real. who knows. we'll find out in the bcs, whether they play in the championship or the rose bowl. that's the purpose of it. but the records of these teams earn them the chance to play for it all and that's the way it goes.

I cant disagree. But I have a feeling that its going to be WVU-OSU. I think Oklahoma beats Mizzou. Like I said, Im not sure Mizzou is a top 5 team, but I do think Oklahoma is one of the best 5 teams in the country. But anything can happen.
  • Options
    dg1979us wrote:
    I cant disagree. But I have a feeling that its going to be WVU-OSU. I think Oklahoma beats Mizzou. Like I said, Im not sure Mizzou is a top 5 team, but I do think Oklahoma is one of the best 5 teams in the country. But anything can happen.

then ohio state better figure out how to get boeckman to pass without throwing an interception. cos the wvu offense is going to give the buckeye defense fits and they are going to need to be able to compete in a shootout better than they did last season.