Options

The BCS will be fun this year

Comments

• Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    and isn't great how Kansas is ranked HIGHER than USC AND FLORIDA?

stupid ridiculous
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    amen. just look at the top 15. half those teams i would not have guessed would be there and most big name teams i would not think would have had thier first loss in the season so early.

and i'm not talking about general bowl bids, just the championship game.
    something tells me though that week by week though there will be more upsets so if the bcs lucks out they will just have one or two teams with no losses. i dont know what would happen if that one no loss team was hawaii. can u imagine a championship game with hawaii vs BC. or arizona state. or south florida. i'm not ruling out Ohio, im just saying its a possibilty that this championship can be a very very unlikely matchup that gets more likely by the week. start of the year, you could say the usual suspects would be in it.
    usc, notre dame, ohio, lsu, ou, florida, mich... but now?

and we haven't even hit november where most upsets usually happen....

i think that's the source of bcs criticism... can you truly say an unbeaten hawaii is a better team than a one-loss oklahoma or lsu? it's also the fun thing about it though... we all spend all season talking ourselves in circles about it :)

i watched highlights of the boise st nevada game this morning before class... do they play defense in the WAC?
  • Options
    URGHHHHHHHHHHHH Cal does this to me every year! This proves you need a lot to go right to win a Championship. And you shouldn't start a Frosh QB!

JUST THROW THE BALL AWAY AND THE GAME GOES TO OT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-emgrBvpfs&NR=1
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    the cal qb did a good job of bringing them back to that close of a score tho.
    i would love to see a texas tech vs hawaii in some sort of bowl game.

predicted score
    85-88
    quadruple overtime

combined yardage of 2460 yards.

and no defense.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    the cal qb did a good job of bringing them back to that close of a score tho.
    i would love to see a texas tech vs hawaii in some sort of bowl game.

predicted score
    85-88
    quadruple overtime

combined yardage of 2460 yards.

and no defense.

On Nov 23 Boise St. goes to Hawaii. I will bet the overs no matter what they set it at.

As to the Cal QB bringing them back... Yea you make a good point, but I'm way to mad to forgive him yet. He looks like he could be a good player so I hope he mentally recovers from that play.

Tedford deserves some blame for waiting to long to have a sense of Urgency.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
  • Options
    URGHHHHHHHHHHHH Cal does this to me every year! This proves you need a lot to go right to win a Championship. And you shouldn't start a Frosh QB!

JUST THROW THE BALL AWAY AND THE GAME GOES TO OT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-emgrBvpfs&NR=1

that was hard to watch. after that comeback to make such a glaring mental error... poor kid.

as to hawaii-boise... after the highlights of boise-nevada, that game should be ridiculously stupid to watch. it'll be like the harlem globetrotters of football... a bunch of flash and easily humiliating mediocre opponents, but you know deep down they'd get destroyed by any real opponent.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    let me just say

I HATE BC

I hope they go down soon
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    On Nov 23 Boise St. goes to Hawaii. I will bet the overs no matter what they set it at.

As to the Cal QB bringing them back... Yea you make a good point, but I'm way to mad to forgive him yet. He looks like he could be a good player so I hope he mentally recovers from that play.

Tedford deserves some blame for waiting to long to have a sense of Urgency.

well the 69-67 boise state vs nevada score is insane. in-fucking-sane.
    627 total yards for boise and 639 for nevada. i think i might try out for one of thier defensive coordinator, cause i think both must be vacant.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    I think the teams that will play for the Championship aren't currently in the Top 5. I still think we could end up with LSU vs. Oklahoma once everything shakes out. USC will lose again. Cal has blown it. OSU will lose before its all over.

Playoff anyone???
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
  • Options
    its funny, this season may have more people complaining about the bcs due to all the teams losing.... may one day lead to a playoff..

and the nfl seems to want to give up the playoffs and just crown the patriots the superbowl winners. today.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    its funny, this season may have more people complaining about the bcs due to all the teams losing.... may one day lead to a playoff..

and the nfl seems to want to give up the playoffs and just crown the patriots the superbowl winners. today.

people complain about the bcs and say that this season is going to be the one that demonstrates how badly a playoff is needed every season. it never changes. one year it worked (usc-florida). but they still cling to it.
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    people complain about the bcs and say that this season is going to be the one that demonstrates how badly a playoff is needed every season. it never changes. one year it worked (usc-florida). but they still cling to it.

If they end up getting a South Fla or BC in the championship game then it will change, especially if if they end up playing each other. The BCS is about money and ratings, and a South FLA or BC would not be good for ratings or advertising dollars.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    And South Florida is out of the picture :D
    NERDS!
  • Options

that didnt take long. we should do a poll on which undefeated team is next to go?
  • Options
    that didnt take long. we should do a poll on which undefeated team is next to go?

I'm gonna go with Kansas as the next undefeated team to lose, followed by ASU then Ohio State.
    NERDS!
  • Options

thank all things holy...usf is a fluke...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    having watched a few games over the past 2 weeks, ohio state better hope BC runs the table. i love the buckeyes but i honestly do not think they can play with florida or lsu, and maybe even auburn and kentucky. right now it looks like the only team in the big ten that can beat ohio state is ohio state, given the way they kept it close for mich state. ditto for purdue. if they play an sec team in a national championship, they are going down. the softness in the big ten is going to hurt them. lsu and florida have played, won, and lost tough games. ohio state looks like they have the talent to play with them, but they will never be sharp enough to win. they play a good first half against everyone, then coast. they won't be ready for a seriously tough match against a well-oiled and rested sec team (the extra 2 weeks off for the big ten also hurts them). it happened last year... buckeyes go in having had no serious tests (the michigan game was never as close as the score looked) and get smoked by an sec team used to winning tough games. the second the buckeyes got rattled, they fell apart. it would happen this time too. they don't know how to play 4 quarters of mistake-free football or play from behind... the sec does.

lsu is the best team in the country. a triple overtime loss on the road a week after a grueling game against florida should mean nothing.

here's hoping BC wins next week against virginia tech! :)
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    thank all things holy...usf is a fluke...

will be seeing them live this weekend up north. hoping it's cold...2 years ago when they came up they froze...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060

here's hoping BC wins next week against virginia tech! :)

me too but as a BC I'm as nervous as hell for Thursday night. Go Sox!
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I want a tOSU/LSU championship game. First one with a field goal wins!

but in all seriousness, nobody can score on Ohio State's defense, it's incredible.
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I want a tOSU/LSU championship game. First one with a field goal wins!

but in all seriousness, nobody can score on Ohio State's defense, it's incredible.

nobody ohio state has played has an offense anywhere near lsu's. i think it would be as bad as last year's game against florida. i hope i'm wrong!

not to say osu is a bad team. just watching the last 3 lsu games... they are amazing. and they've beaten amazing opponents. ohio state hasn't played past halftime in a game all season.
  • Options
    nobody ohio state has played has an offense anywhere near lsu's. i think it would be as bad as last year's game against florida. i hope i'm wrong!

not to say osu is a bad team. just watching the last 3 lsu games... they are amazing. and they've beaten amazing opponents. ohio state hasn't played past halftime in a game all season.

are you serious? LSU has one of the most inept offenses in the top 25. My roommate went to school there so I have watched almost every one of their games. They are full of dropped passes and hand offs to Jacob Hester.

Purdue and Michigan St. both have better offenses than LSU.
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    are you serious? LSU has one of the most inept offenses in the top 25. My roommate went to school there so I have watched almost every one of their games. They are full of dropped passes and hand offs to Jacob Hester.

Purdue and Michigan St. both have better offenses than LSU.

they looked pretty solid in both of their come from behind victories. and ohio state is no offensive juggernaut either... 3 interceptions against purdue, 2 turnovers for touchdowns against msu? ohio state has been playing some very sloppy football lately, and lsu looks like a well oiled machine.
  • Options
    they looked pretty solid in both of their come from behind victories. and ohio state is no offensive juggernaut either... 3 interceptions against purdue, 2 turnovers for touchdowns against msu? ohio state has been playing some very sloppy football lately, and lsu looks like a well oiled machine.

I'm not saying tOSU's offense is great, but I'm not ready to say that LSU's is any better. I mean LSU almost lost vs Auburn if not for a lucky play at the end. I guess we will have to agree to disagree
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I'm not saying tOSU's offense is great, but I'm not ready to say that LSU's is any better. I mean LSU almost lost vs Auburn if not for a lucky play at the end. I guess we will have to agree to disagree

yeah but given that they were coming off a triple overtime loss and one of the most grueling games i've ever seen against florida, i don't blame them for not being 100%. plus, that quarterback was fresh back from injury. i think osu would have their hands full. osu has been inept on offense against teams that don't have a chance against them. there's no excuse for ohio state's sloppy play. lsu not being perfect on offense has more to do with tough opponents, fatigue, and injury. i think osu would have more trouble moving the ball. even if lsu couldn't, 4 and out trumps boeckman throwing a couple interceptions or a few more fumbles. ohio state needs to work on their ball handling and get sharp. hell, if they don't do it now, we probably won't even be discussing this next week... if they lose to penn state, they are out.
  • Options
    espn is showing penn state-purdue and northwestern-iowa, the big ten network has indiana and some punk ass bsu team, but the game with the big ten's 2 ranked teams, osu and wisc is NOT FUCKING TELEVISED??? WHAT THE FUCK???
  • Options
    Quack Quack!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Quack Quack!
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

i would love to see OUR DUCKS beat the fuck out of ohio state for the national championship....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

i would love to see OUR DUCKS beat the fuck out of ohio state for the national championship....

So would Soulsinging. :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Bye Bye BC :)

The weak teams are slowing disappearing. Now if LSU would stop getting so damn lucky.
    NERDS!