Options

The BCS will be fun this year

South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
USC lost to the worst team in the Pac-10 and Florida is winning. Are the top 2 teams gonna be Cal and UCF? ;)

I'm really pissed that the Ducks lost to Cal now. We could have been #1 next week.
NERDS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    USC lost to the worst team in the Pac-10 and Florida is winning. Are the top 2 teams gonna be Cal and UCF? ;)

I'm really pissed that the Ducks lost to Cal now. We could have been #1 next week.
    FUCKING DUCKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    sassypants...

and the UCF knights take the #1 spot...despite their loss to east carolina today ;)

'cause we're awesome...it's because of our new stadium you know :D
    just wait til next saturday when we play usf...the game is sold out w/ the exception of student tickets. not too shabby for 2 central florida teams...at the bucs stadium here in tampa too. can't wait!!

and i'm sooooo excited that the gators are winning right now!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

ucf? dyou know anything about college football? the buckeyes just about shut out one of the top offenses in the country. ;) if florida takes lsu down, the national championship bid is ours to lose.
  • Options
    ucf? dyou know anything about college football? the buckeyes just about shut out one of the top offenses in the country. ;) if florida takes lsu down, the national championship bid is ours to lose.
    the ucf bit was a joke aimed at me....because they lost today, and matter not to any of the bcs standings. one day we'll take you all down ;)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    $5 Wisconsin lost too today.

and yeah FLA is leading LSU at the moment.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    $5 Wisconsin lost too today.

and yeah FLA is leading LSU at the moment.

not anymore. this is not looking good for florida.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

I did actually mean to put USF, even though I was talking smack with Sam about UCF losing ;)

Buckeye's will be either 2 or 3 next week. Here are my predicted top 5
    1. LSU
    2. Cal
    3. OSU
    4. USF
    5. BC
    NERDS!
  • Options
    not anymore. this is not looking good for florida.
    blaaaahhh!! and i thought the gators could work some magic there at the end. oh well...sigh.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    blaaaahhh!! and i thought the gators could work some magic there at the end. oh well...sigh.

i was truly hoping. after last year's championship game, i never thought i'd be pulling for florida. but i have to say, lsu's got a tougher schedule and cal is likely to lose at some point, so i still think it's osu's bid to lose. the big ten is kinda mediocre this season so if the buckeyes can keep up their intensity, we could get another crack at that trophy ;)
  • Options
    I did actually mean to put USF, even though I was talking smack with Sam about UCF losing ;)

Buckeye's will be either 2 or 3 next week. Here are my predicted top 5
    1. LSU
    2. Cal
    3. OSU
    4. USF
    5. BC

gotcha, didnt know she was a ucf fan :)

that list is nuts. i'm pretty sure you're spot on... but who the hell would have figured the top 5 would look like that in october a few months ago?
  • Options
    gotcha, didnt know she was a ucf fan :)

that list is nuts. i'm pretty sure you're spot on... but who the hell would have figured the top 5 would look like that in october a few months ago?
    i went to ucf...and our football team is crap, which is why the comment was so funny to me...and shocking to you i guess with the typo!?

i really can't believe that usf has come out of nowhere this year...crazy!

and after last year, i can't believe that you would be pulling for florida either. but, it makes sense if you're looking out for what will help osu later in the season. don't you guys have enough championship trophies ;)
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i went to ucf...and our football team is crap, which is why the comment was so funny to me...and shocking to you i guess with the typo!?

i really can't believe that usf has come out of nowhere this year...crazy!

and after last year, i can't believe that you would be pulling for florida either. but, it makes sense if you're looking out for what will help osu later in the season. don't you guys have enough championship trophies ;)

yeah, but i'm pretty sure cal will drop one game at some point. we're lucky to have a pretty soft schedule this season. then again, if florida beat lsu and then ran the table... we might get another crack at those fuckers ;)
  • Options
    Everyone who says Cal will lose at some point needs to look at there schedule. The only tough game they have left is USC and its in Berkley. If they can finally get that monkey off of there back and beat SC, they can run the table and go to the championship game.

Cal is way more talented then most people realize, especially people living on the East Coast. The win against Oregon was one of the more entertaining games of the season.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    Bc #4
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Everyone who says Cal will lose at some point needs to look at there schedule. The only tough game they have left is USC and its in Berkley. If they can finally get that monkey off of there back and beat SC, they can run the table and go to the championship game.

Cal is way more talented then most people realize, especially people living on the East Coast. The win against Oregon was one of the more entertaining games of the season.

initially, i was ecstatic becos i though for sure cal would drop one by the end of the season and leave osu as a lock for the title game given a soft big ten this year. but you make some good points. oregon on the road was a huge and impresive win for cal. but it does look like SC is their only big one left and i think they can take them. do they play asu? they could easily run the table.

on the flip side, ohio state looks solid, but i fear the big ten isn't as bad as people say. wisconsin has been exposed as over-rated (similar to usc... a series of crapy wins leading finally to a loss) and osu plays them at home. but penn state looks solid and osu has to go into happy valley at night for that one, which is tough no matter what team you are. we've also got michigan on the road and they are much better than they showed at the start of the season and if osu is still undefeated at that point, a win in the big house that derails our national championship run would give carr a huge boost he badly needs. plus, illinois is starting to look like a real threat, which means osu's toughest 3 games are its last 3... they've got to be sharp and hope beanie wells stays healthy enough for big games by then.

the other big player, lsu, looks pretty invincible at this point. their toughest game is over. but then, nothing is certain in the sec and a loss in the sec championship could cost them the bid.

so at this point, it seems like a crapshoot to me. i think the top 3 are the surest bets right now... if only one of them loses. but it seems possible that all 3 of these teams can run the table, which would lead to some tough judgment calls. given the tenor of this season though, it seems likely at least one if not 2-3 of them will have a loss. then what? when you open the field to one-loss teams, it's a whole new ballgame... oklahoma? oregon? sc? then there are BC and USF... if they go undefeated and cal and osu both drop a game, do they get the bids?

this is looking to be a seriously off the wall season. i love it.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Sure would be a great year for a playoff system.

Top 8 teams going at it over 3 weekends.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    There is a very good chance that LSU will be the only unbeaten team by bowl season. This will be the year that needs a playoff system more then any other year.

The BCS is praying that Cal or OSU runs the table to save them a giant nightmare.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    Key games coming up...

LSU has Kentucky, Auburn and Alabama as their next three games. I think any one of them is capable of upsetting LSU.

Cal still has to play at Arizona State, and ASU has been quietly climbing the polls. And Cal-USC won't be a cream puff either.

Ohio State has to face Wisconsin and Illinois in consecutive weeks. Can they roll through the Big Ten?

Boston College will be traveling to face a streaky Virginia Tech team. Definitely not a gimmee.

South Florida still has to play both Rutgers and Louisville. I don't see USF winning both games, and one loss will put them wayyy out of the Top 10.

I say, watch out for Missouri. If they beat Oklahoma on Saturday, they have every right to crack into the top five or six.
  • Options
    Ohio State has to face Wisconsin and Illinois in consecutive weeks. Can they roll through the Big Ten?

no way is wisconsin a key game. it's at home and the last few weeks have clearly shown that wisconsin, like usc, was vastly over-rated. osu should be much more worried about illinois, who seems to be knocking off every ranked team in the big ten, and michigan on the road, a good team that has to win out to prove they are not a joke. those are osu's key games. it's a rough finish. but i agree with all the rest, except maybe lsu. i'm not convinced any of those can take them. the way they bore down against florida makes them look pretty legit. usc has had cracks in the armor for weeks. i don't see any of that in lsu so i dobut they're really upset-prone.
  • Options
    I love how BC is #4 in the nation and nobody in Boston could give a F*** because the Pats are undefeated and rolling like a machine and the Sox are in the ALCS and avoided their biggest rival. This must piss off Norman, OK, Knoxville, TN, Lincoln, NE, and Tuscaloosa, AL and any other college town where if the local team was in the top 5 you wouldn't hear the end of it.
  • Options
    #1 LSU... lost.

#2 Cal... lost.

So who should be top three now?

1. Ohio State
    2. Boston College
    3. South Florida????

and one-loss Oklahoma is back in the hunt after a well-fought game against Mizzou.
  • Options
    #1 LSU... lost.

#2 Cal... lost.

So who should be top three now?

1. Ohio State
    2. Boston College
    3. South Florida????

and one-loss Oklahoma is back in the hunt after a well-fought game against Mizzou.

they'll be the top three but none of those teams as of tomorrow will have played or will play any ranked teams. If we go by the strength of schedule then south carolina has had and will have the strongest one.

other unbeaten teams as of right now are arizona state, which should move up to 11 or 12. and they have left to play Cal(who will drop tomorrow), then 9th ranked oregan, than ucla, then usc. if they remain unbeaten, they probably deserve to go to the championship.
    hawaii, which should move up to about 13 or 14. strongest team they play will be boise state. (unranked)
    and kansas, which should move up to like 15 or 16.

i personally think if kansas can stay unbeaten they might go to the championship, but that would also mean they went to the big 12 championship and beat OU.

how cool would it be to have another championship Pac-10 vs Big 12, except instead of it being the usual big powerhouses, it be Kansas vs Arizona state?
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    so top 25 teams that lost.

lsu- probably stay in the top 10

cal- probably will stay in the top 13

missouri- should fall anywhere from 14-25.
    cincinati- should fall anywhere from 22 to out of rankings
    illinois - should fall out of rankings
    wisconsin- should be out of rankigs
    florida state- should fall out of rankings
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    First BCS rankings of the season have been released...

If the title game was held today, it would be OSU vs USF.

1 Ohio State 7-0 .942
    2 South Florida 6-0 .920
    3 Boston College 7-0 .891
    4 LSU 6-1 .840
    5 Oklahoma 6-1 .762
    6 South Carolina 6-1 .743
    7 Kentucky 6-1 .683
    8 Arizona State 7-0 .683
    9 West Virginia 5-1 .662
    10 Oregon 5-1 .637
    11 Virginia Tech 6-1 .630
    12 California 5-1 .600
    13 Kansas 6-0 .517
    14 USC 5-1 .472
    15 Florida 4-2 .435
    16 Missouri 5-1 .382
    17 Auburn 5-2 .337
    18 Hawaii 7-0 .284
    19 Virginia 6-1 .229
    20 Georgia 5-2 .224
    21 Tennessee 4-2 .195
    22 Texas 5-2 .180
    23 Cincinnati 6-1 .119
    24 Texas Tech 6-1 .105
    25 Michigan 5-2 .078
  • Options
    First BCS rankings of the season have been released...

If the title game was held today, it would be OSU vs USF.

i'll take it... we could stand to play a florida team we stand a chance against this year ;)

did not see lsu and cal losing the same weekend like this. this is nuts.

i have no clue who's going to end up in the championship at this point. osu could pull it off, but it's still impossible to tell if they're for real. purdue has been exposed as a joke. penn state on the road at night looks like the first and maybe only real test of their season. if they drop... do we have usf and bc in the national championship?
  • Options
    but osu schedule sucks. it didnt use to but all the teams they would play now are unranked do to the upsanity (upset-insanity. upsanity copyright justjoshingu 2007) that is this season. if (big if) arizona state goes undefeated till the end, then they should go.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    but osu schedule sucks. it didnt use to but all the teams they would play now are unranked do to the upsanity (upset-insanity. upsanity copyright justjoshingu 2007) that is this season. if (big if) arizona state goes undefeated till the end, then they should go.

over ohio state? against who?

the ohio state schedule is pretty weak, no doubt. michigan is ranked and will only rise as the season goes. they are a good team. they were asleep at the wheel on week one and got obliterated by an oregon team that is right now making their own case for a bcs bid. but they have been solid since and will only improve. just watch.

penn state lost to that michigan team and an illinois team that has been getting some quality wins, including snapping the longest win streak in the country. they're no slouch.

granted, ohio state hasn't played anyone decent... yet. but closing the season with penn state on the road at night, wisconsin, illinois, and michigan on the road is no cake walk. if they win out, they deserve the bid as much as any of the other currently undefeateds. the question is more whether or not these undefeateds deserve to go over teams like oklahoma, lsu, oregon, cal, or whatever other one-loss powerhouse you fancy.
  • Options
    over ohio state? against who?

granted, ohio state hasn't played anyone decent... yet. but closing the season with penn state on the road at night, wisconsin, illinois, and michigan on the road is no cake walk. if they win out, they deserve the bid as much as any of the other currently undefeateds. the question is more whether or not these undefeateds deserve to go over teams like oklahoma, lsu, oregon, cal, or whatever other one-loss powerhouse you fancy.

wisconsin? illinois? EDIT: penn state? same michigan that lost to oregon AND app state? APP STATE? (during the first week of upsanity season 2007. upsanity season 2007 copywright justjoshingu 2007)
    ohio state is ranked high because they were preseasoned ranked high and because they are ohio state.

i am not an arizona state fan, but their next four games are Cal, oregon, ucla, and usc. IF (and like i said its a really big IF) they can beat them then they should go.

honestly i hope all six teams have at least one loss because i hate the bcs system.

and if its all just one loss teams i hope south carolina goes. cause how much fun would it be to say the champion game cocks.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    wisconsin? illinois? EDIT: penn state? same michigan that lost to oregon AND app state? APP STATE? (during the first week of upsanity season 2007. upsanity season 2007 copywright justjoshingu 2007)
    ohio state is ranked high because they were preseasoned ranked high and because they are ohio state.

i am not an arizona state fan, but their next four games are Cal, oregon, ucla, and usc. IF (and like i said its a really big IF) they can beat them then they should go.

honestly i hope all six teams have at least one loss because i hate the bcs system.

and if its all just one loss teams i hope south carolina goes. cause how much fun would it be to say the champion game cocks.

and usc lost to standford. and oklahoma to boise last year and colorado this year. app state is going to win their 3rd consecutive national championship. yes, michigan should have beat them. they fucked up. and they don't deserve to even be considered for a bcs bid. but that doesn't mean they're not a good team.

while you're busy pointing that out you tout the fact that asu has to play ucla? a team the lost to notre dame? usc... a team that lost to standford?

don't get me wrong, i have mad respect for asu and if they run the table i'd say they deserve it more than bc or usf. my point is not that osu should be a lock for the national championship. my point is trying to draw distinctions between these unbeaten teams is inherently arbitrary. ditto for the one-loss teams. all of them have as good of claims as anyone else. osu has played lights out defense all season. for all practical purposes they played 2 straight shutout games. they've been beating easy teams, sure, but they've not struggled. how does that stack up to scraping out a win against an average team? it's impossible to say.

this season is fucked. god only knows where it will go from here.
  • Options

this season is fucked. god only knows where it will go from here.

amen. just look at the top 15. half those teams i would not have guessed would be there and most big name teams i would not think would have had thier first loss in the season so early.

and i'm not talking about general bowl bids, just the championship game.
    something tells me though that week by week though there will be more upsets so if the bcs lucks out they will just have one or two teams with no losses. i dont know what would happen if that one no loss team was hawaii. can u imagine a championship game with hawaii vs BC. or arizona state. or south florida. i'm not ruling out Ohio, im just saying its a possibilty that this championship can be a very very unlikely matchup that gets more likely by the week. start of the year, you could say the usual suspects would be in it.
    usc, notre dame, ohio, lsu, ou, florida, mich... but now?

and we haven't even hit november where most upsets usually happen....
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w