Options

The BCS will be fun this year

Comments

• Options
    I don't see GA destroying Hawai'i at all. The Hawai'i offense is crazy. True, it's defense that wins championships, but Hawai'i can score at will. I will enjoy watching that game more than any this bowl season.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    yeah, seems to me only oklahoma-wvu might be a contest. lsu-osu is a crapshoot. it depends on whether or not ohio state shows up to play this time.

Yeah I think those are the only 2 interesting BCS bowls.
  • Options
    I don't see GA destroying Hawai'i at all. The Hawai'i offense is crazy. True, it's defense that wins championships, but Hawai'i can score at will. I will enjoy watching that game more than any this bowl season.

They arent scoring at will against Georgia. Georgia will easily be the fastest defense they have played all year.
  • Options
    dg1979us wrote:
    They arent scoring at will against Georgia. Georgia will easily be the fastest defense they have played all year.

hawai'i is good...georgia was supposed to be SO FAST 2 years ago too...does anyone remember what happened 2 years ago? i think this will be a good game...

let's keep the WVU-Pitt references out of this, for now...i don't want to talk about it...i hope pat's thumb is okay in january...i hope patrick's leg is back in line in january...and i hope slaton gets back in gear...devine on punts and kick-offs would be smart...and coach rodriguez should think about CALLING A FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME INSTEAD OF A FUCKING VICTORIA'S SECRET SLEEPOVER!

LSU / OSU will be more interesting than UF / OSU was last year...I remember the LSU / VT game...Kansas is no pushover...USC / Illinois is a SHITTY matchup...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    dg1979us wrote:
    I agree. Mizzou should have been in over Kansas. They also should have put Georgia in the rose bowl. That would have been a great matchup.

Well the Rose Bowl committee wants to keep the Big 10 Pac 10 matchup whenever possible. It wasn't that surprising that the Rose Bowl passed on Georgia for Illinois.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    hawai'i is good...georgia was supposed to be SO FAST 2 years ago too...does anyone remember what happened 2 years ago? i think this will be a good game...

let's keep the WVU-Pitt references out of this, for now...i don't want to talk about it...i hope pat's thumb is okay in january...i hope patrick's leg is back in line in january...and i hope slaton gets back in gear...devine on punts and kick-offs would be smart...and coach rodriguez should think about CALLING A FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME INSTEAD OF A FUCKING VICTORIA'S SECRET SLEEPOVER!

LSU / OSU will be more interesting than UF / OSU was last year...I remember the LSU / VT game...Kansas is no pushover...USC / Illinois is a SHITTY matchup...

Not sure what happened 2 years ago with Georgia, unless you are talking about getting beat by WV. But Hawaii isnt in WVs league, so that isnt a valid comparison.

Secondly, Hawaii is so good they were able to beat LA Tech 45-44. The same LA Tech team that was beaten 24-0 by Ole Miss (who was winless in the SEC) and the same LA Tech team that was beaten 58-10 by LSU. And they also struggled to beat Fresno state and San Jose state who were both blown out by pac 10 teams. I cant see this game being within 3 TDs.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    yeah, seems to me only oklahoma-wvu might be a contest. lsu-osu is a crapshoot. it depends on whether or not ohio state shows up to play this time.

they will. i dont think they have to worry about the spread offense this time.

the bucks are better than kentucky and arkansas.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    they will. i dont think they have to worry about the spread offense this time.

the bucks are better than kentucky and arkansas.

that's true and that's the biggest boost as far as im concerned. lsu can spread the field and they have the speed to do it, but they dont really run a typical spread offense like osu saw with florida last year or illinois this year. i also think osu is faster than people give them credit for.

i was more referring to mental preparation though. last time, osu just looked flat. they looked unprepared and stunned, like the didnt expect to have to run and florida would just roll over for them. basically, they bought into their own hype and looked complacent. this season, they're going to be underdogs and basically playing on the road against a home team. they better be hungry.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who finds the USC-Illinois matchup in the Rose Bowl interesting? USC is a perennial powerhouse going up against a strong up-and-coming Illini team. I doubt they win, but I think it will be a great topper to gauge how far Illinois has come this year after beating a #1 team (Ohio State) and only losing by 6 pts to another #1 team (Mizzou).

Hawaii-Georgia is mega gay. I'm sure that I'm one of the millions who would have preferred to see Hawaii against Mizzou. And yeah, Kansas doesn't deserve a BCS bowl.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who finds the USC-Illinois matchup in the Rose Bowl interesting? USC is a perennial powerhouse going up against a strong up-and-coming Illini team. I doubt they win, but I think it will be a great topper to gauge how far Illinois has come this year after beating a #1 team (Ohio State) and only losing by 6 pts to another #1 team (Mizzou).

Hawaii-Georgia is mega gay. I'm sure that I'm one of the millions who would have preferred to see Hawaii against Mizzou. And yeah, Kansas doesn't deserve a BCS bowl.

i'll undoubtedly watch the rose bowl, but i think usc is going to dominate. they annihilated a pretty good michigan team this year, and while illinois is good, they're not there yet. next year is their season. the illinois-osu game is going to be huge next year. both teams have a ton of returning talent.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    the bcs system makes me want to hurl. as a former college football player, i feel that not deciding it on the field is a crime. and don't give me that crap about 'the regular season decides the bcs'. that's a crock. just have a freakin playoff. the bowls can still have their bowls. 16 teams. 4 games. 1 champion.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    the bcs system makes me want to hurl. as a former college football player, i feel that not deciding it on the field is a crime. and don't give me that crap about 'the regular season decides the bcs'. that's a crock. just have a freakin playoff. the bowls can still have their bowls. 16 teams. 4 games. 1 champion.

uhhh... 16 teams would make for a lot more than 4 games.
  • Options
    uhhh... 16 teams would make for a lot more than 4 games.

4 weeks wiseass :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    and coach rodriguez should think about CALLING A FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME INSTEAD OF A FUCKING VICTORIA'S SECRET SLEEPOVER!

What's this about?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    after everything that has happened this year, probably the most unpredictable college football season ever, I don't know how anyone could say that any of these games are shitty matchups.

Of course they have the potential to be blowouts...but did anyone think Arkansas had a chance against LSU? Appalachian State against Michigan? Illinois against OSU? fucking Stanford against USC for god sakes!!

How can anyone here so assuredly just sit back and say these are all going to be blowouts?

I love the non-traditional teams being in it. But people complain when all the big name programs get in, but then one of the greatest bowl games in history, oklahoma vs. boise st., a very non-traditional matchup, was one of the lowest rated of all time.

Maybe just no one will ever be completely happy with it.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Nice work BCS

Hawaii = Asses handed to them
    Illinois = Asses handed to them

Let me make a few more bold predections here.

Kansas = Asses will be handed to them
    WVU = Asses will be handed to them.

We need a playoff.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Nice work BCS

We need a playoff.

Is this not the lamest year or what ??

Total CRAP these games
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Is this not the lamest year or what ??

Total CRAP these games

I think the BCS championship game will be close. WVU Oklahoma would have been good had Rodriguez not taken the Michigan job.

BTW the Michigan vs. Florida was a great game though.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I think the BCS championship game will be close. WVU Oklahoma would have been good had Rodriguez not taken the Michigan job.

BTW the Michigan vs. Florida was a great game though.

That was a good game, I was flipping back and forth between that and the Hockey game

Being a Michigan fan myself happy to see them win a Bowl game for the Seniors and Carr
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Nice work BCS

We need a playoff.

The Hawaii game was embarrassing. There is no way that team is anywhere near being one of the 25 best teams in the country, much less a BCS team. Illinois I do think is decent, but USC when healthy, is extremely talented.
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    dg1979us wrote:
    Illinois I do think is decent, but USC when healthy, is extremely talented.
    it coulda been 21-17 if that dude didn't fumble.
    USC clearly has the best talent, but like you said...illinois is decent...and should only get better.
    at least...that's the hope.
  • Options
    That was a good game, I was flipping back and forth between that and the Hockey game

Being a Michigan fan myself happy to see them win a Bowl game for the Seniors and Carr

i am not a michigan fan, but i really detest florida. so i was glad they lost. and i like carr so i am glad he got one last win.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    chikevin wrote:
    it coulda been 21-17 if that dude didn't fumble.
    USC clearly has the best talent, but like you said...illinois is decent...and should only get better.
    at least...that's the hope.

that turnover changed the entire complexion of the game. Illinois had already scored on their previous possession, held USC to punt, and was again marching down the field to potentially pull within 4 points. USC took advantage of the fumble and responded by making it 28-10 instead. Took the fight right out of Illinois after that.

USC was obviously the more talented team, but I think Illinois gave good indication that they are on the rise.
  • Options
    dg1979us wrote:
    The Hawaii game was embarrassing. There is no way that team is anywhere near being one of the 25 best teams in the country, much less a BCS team. Illinois I do think is decent, but USC when healthy, is extremely talented.

Boise State should bitch slap Hawaii for effectively draining all credibility that the WAC gained after last year's Fiesta Bowl.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Boise State should bitch slap Hawaii for effectively draining all credibility that the WAC gained after last year's Fiesta Bowl.

To be fair UGA was the same team that ended Jared Zabranski's heisman campaign in the first quarter of that season too. I think they beat them 41-14 or something like that.

This will be good for Hawaii eventually as they will be able to upgrade facilities and get a lot more money, but they brought a butter knife to a gun fight.

Mizzou got screwed so hard in this it's not funny.

UGA should have played USC in the Rose Bowl and the commissioner of the Big 10 who wanted Illinois in there for "tradition" should be run out of town on a freaking rail. Bowl alliances are shit anyway, it was much better before all that crap was enacted. Illinois is certainly a team on the rise and should be commended.... but there was no chance in hell of them winning the Rose Bowl. They didn't even need to make the trip.

The people picking bowl matchups every single one.... should be fired.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    OK got their asses handed to them. Without Slaton. Never seen WVU's defense play so well. OK didn't have their 'A' game, especially their QB. A great win for WVU and their new head coach.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    You're 0 for 1 so far...what's up with OU givin' up the big play?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    KU up at the half, 17-7...

I hate the BCS.
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • Options
    KU wins! Bye-bye VA Tech! What a great game!
    I love to turn you on