Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Also some other news, looks like WWE will be doing another WWE vs ECW spot to lead into One Night Stand II. Why can't they just leave it alone and let them showcase their own matches. Argh. Oh well.

I'll tell you why: Vinnie Mac doesn't understand the concept and he thinks we still give a rat's ass about his product.

If he's smart, which to me is debatable, he will leave ECW alone. If he doesn't, it will be a sad and painful thing to watch.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Also some other news, looks like WWE will be doing another WWE vs ECW spot to lead into One Night Stand II. Why can't they just leave it alone and let them showcase their own matches. Argh. Oh well.
    that would be really sad if vinny mac is gonna do it. its bad enough hes made a mockery of saturday night main event by bringing it back. we dont need him ruining ecw for the fans. did anyone watch tna last night man what a good show it was. they are so much better then the wwe
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    that would be really sad if vinny mac is gonna do it. its bad enough hes made a mockery of saturday night main event by bringing it back. we dont need him ruining ecw for the fans. did anyone watch tna last night man what a good show it was. they are so much better then the wwe

It's also quite bad for the wrestling industry that WWE will run a whole other company.I hope TNA kicks their bollocks.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options

It's also quite bad for the wrestling industry that WWE will run a whole other company.I hope TNA kicks their bollocks.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I hope TNA kicks their bollocks.

I enjoy their wrestling...but everything else seems bland. They need to step it up.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    vinny mac is bringing back ecw cause TNA is kicking the crap out of wwe. i mean just look at TNA ppv events. locked down was one of the best ppv i ahve ever secene. and TNA has better wreslters too. yeah the plot suck but who cares about the plot lines its all about the wrestling.i hope TNA gets bigger soon cause it would be awsome to see TNA come to my area.

• Options
    vinny mac is bringing back ecw cause TNA is kicking the crap out of wwe. i mean just look at TNA ppv events. locked down was one of the best ppv i ahve ever secene. and TNA has better wreslters too. yeah the plot suck but who cares about the plot lines its all about the wrestling.i hope TNA gets bigger soon cause it would be awsome to see TNA come to my area.

Exactly.The wrestling is what people watch it for.Unlike WWE which has really lost all credibility wrestling wise lately.You just look at a guy like Cena or JBL and compare them to AJ Styles,Chris Daniels or Samoa Joe and you see who's better.They could benefit from maybe better storylines or some cool catchphrases but I'm not gonna complain as long as they keep making these amazing matches.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I use to be a wrestling fan back in the day... I would say mid-80's and early 90's... I got out of wrestling right about the same time it started to get really crappy... Gone are the days of George the Animal Steel, Junkyard Dog, Big John Stud, Rowdy Roddy Piper, King Kong Bundy, Adrian Adonis, Paul Orndoff, and many many other greats!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    The wrestling is what people watch it for.

Not necessarily. I think they should co-exist. Remember the NWO? That storyline was fantastic.

Austin-McMahon? Rock and Sock? Raven-Sandman?

PBM

• Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865

They're going to be in Philly the beginning of June at the old ECW arena. So they're working their way there. However, I think it's going to be a while before they make it out west so I can see. Oh well I'll stick with the Indy shows, I have Austin Aries vs Chris Sabin to look forward to in a couple weeks, among others. And yes, TNA PPV's on the majority are far superior to WWE's since TNA started monthly ppv's a year and a half ago.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    They're going to be in Philly the beginning of June at the old ECW arena. So they're working their way there. However, I think it's going to be a while before they make it out west so I can see. Oh well I'll stick with the Indy shows, I have Austin Aries vs Chris Sabin to look forward to in a couple weeks, among others. And yes, TNA PPV's on the majority are far superior to WWE's since TNA started monthly ppv's a year and a half ago.
    thanks for rhe info ill see if i can get down there. yeah the last wrestleing event i went to was the ringofhonor organzation couple of months ago. it was really cool the had aj styles and chris daniels on the card

• Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I enjoy their wrestling...but everything else seems bland. They need to step it up.

PBM

Yeah, production, lighting etc is very bad, and Don West pisses me off lol
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    They're going to be in Philly the beginning of June at the old ECW arena.

I really want to go to this and I was gonna get tickets. But then all this talk of ECW at the Arena in late june. I've been to CZW, JAPW, MECW, and some other crap at the arena the last few years, but to see "ECW", with ecw signs hanging up and what-nots, in an ECW ring is what I long to see. Imagine Benoit and RVD back in the ECW arena. TNA is having Joe vs. Daniels Vs. Styles....yippee...seen those guys in three ways and one on one how many times in TNA AND ROH???? And Rhyno vs Jarrett...oh boy. Actually, I wanna see JJ get booed out of the building. With ROH in philly, and the return of ECW, I really see no need to go to TNA.
  • Options
    Bob Holly is seriosuly ill and nearly died. He dosnt deserve to be a jobber, when he comes back, I wish he would get a decent fued on Smackdown.

I hope Holly get well and everything, but yeah....I'd leave him be as a jobber. He's sooooo boring. I can't see why he's so over. Big tough Hardcore guy wearing tights with pink and purple. Pink only works for the Hitman. Nearly dying is no reason for a push.
  • Options
    Onion ManOnion Man Posts: 17
    I started watching wrestling around 93. I took a liking to Razor Ramon. When Scott Hall showed up in WCW, it blew my mind. That's how my love of heels started. I can't remember ever being as entertained as when the NWO was at it's peak. Hall's career pretty much crumbled and HHH became my new favorite. I never thought I'd grow out of wrestling, but I can honestly say that I haven't enjoyed watcing it for the last year. I have tickets for a house show next week. I'll probably stop watching wrestling for good after that. It's pretty sad actually. Wrestling was a big part of my childhood.
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    xkevvx wrote:
    I hope Holly get well and everything, but yeah....I'd leave him be as a jobber. He's sooooo boring. I can't see why he's so over. Big tough Hardcore guy wearing tights with pink and purple. Pink only works for the Hitman. Nearly dying is no reason for a push.

Of course its not a reason for a push, but IMO he deserves a decent fued, I for one enjoy his work.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Onion Man wrote:
    HHH became my new favorite.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.

:D

PBM

• Options
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.

:D

PBM

And look what happeded to his interest in wrestling after that...
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    so..ECW re-starts in 3 weeks or so on the Sci Fi channel..gonna miss Velocity alittle cos I think they had some of the better matches of 2006 so far in WWE with the cruiserweights,Benoit and Regal.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I don't like/watch it anymore, but my son is into it.

I am taking him to see a WWE event in a couple weeks. He likes John Ceena (sp?) and he is the main event that night so my son is really looking forward to it.

I wonder if the wrestling fans' message board will be bitching about me (the not-even-casual fan) not "getting into it" ;)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Join my wrestling forum. lol

I need more Pearl Jam fans there!
  • Options
    I don't like/watch it anymore, but my son is into it.

I am taking him to see a WWE event in a couple weeks. He likes John Ceena (sp?) and he is the main event that night so my son is really looking forward to it.

I wonder if the wrestling fans' message board will be bitching about me (the not-even-casual fan) not "getting into it" ;)
    lol..thats cool that you take interest in WWE cos of yer son.
    can't wait to see Cena lose his title..probably to RVD
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    can't wait to see Cena lose his title..probably to RVD

So, everyone seems to think RVD will either:

1. Get screwed and cause a stir to get ECW going

or

2. Do a Shane Douglas and throw down the belt.

Regardless...something needs to happen. Watching Raw every week is getting harder and harder.

PBM

• Options
    Who's RVD?....I take it John Cena is not too popular? or is he SO popular people are sick of him? or does my son like some dickhead wrestler?

I used to watch Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Rick Flair whooooo, Junkyard Dog, Andre the Giant and Roddy Piper...maybe a little Bob Backlund
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    So, everyone seems to think RVD will either:

1. Get screwed and cause a stir to get ECW going

or

2. Do a Shane Douglas and throw down the belt.

Regardless...something needs to happen. Watching Raw every week is getting harder and harder.

PBM
    i think hes going to the shane douglas thing on raw the next after ECW one night stand and say this place sucks.

• Options
    Who's RVD?....I take it John Cena is not too popular? or is he SO popular people are sick of him? or does my son like some dickhead wrestler?

I used to watch Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Rick Flair whooooo, Junkyard Dog, Andre the Giant and Roddy Piper...maybe a little Bob Backlund
    RVD is an ECW legend who is the number 1 contender for the title.
    Cena well...I dont mind him but there are way better wrestlers who deserve his success more and yeh he has been champ for ages..pretty boring.

YNWA
  • Options
    i think hes going to the shane douglas thing on raw the next after ECW one night stand and say this place sucks.
    its a possibility since RVD is gonna be scheduled to be part of the ECW roster

here is an updated roster for ECW

Axl Rotten
    Balls Mahoney
    C.W. Anderson
    Danny Doring
    Francine
    Jazz
    Kurt Angle
    Paul Heyman
    Rob Van Dam
    Sabu
    Sandman
    Tazz
    Terry Funk
    Tommy Dreamer
    Tony Mamaluke

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    RVD is an ECW legend who is the number 1 contender for the title.
    Cena well...I dont mind him but there are way better wrestlers who deserve his success more and yeh he has been champ for ages..pretty boring.

ahhh I see, thanks.

hope they dont dethrone him at the match we go to. It a 3-way between Cena/Triple H/ and someone else
  • Options
    ahhh I see, thanks.

hope they dont dethrone him at the match we go to. It a 3-way between Cena/Triple H/ and someone else
    I think Edge is the someone else.
    don't think Cena will drop the title anytime soon...he might even keep it til Summerslam..rumor is they want Umaga to fued with Cena lol.
    I guess Umaga is WWE's crappy sad answer to Samoa Joe

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I think Edge is the someone else.
    don't think Cena will drop the title anytime soon...he might even keep it til Summerslam..rumor is they want Umaga to fued with Cena lol.
    I guess Umaga is WWE's crappy sad answer to Samoa Joe

Yeah it's a good thing Joe didn't go there when they offered him a contract.He'd have been wasted with the losers in WWE.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06