Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    D Lo Brown wrote:
    didn't WWE do this a few years back? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Anyway, Heyman is good....but those last couple of years of ECW were pretty weak.

I don't think he ever got the book...he has it down in OVW.

The last few years of ECW were a troubling time according to many sources...that could be the reason...money was tight...folks were jumping ship.

I think if they give Paul at least partial control, it could be a sucess. If Vinnie Mac starts sticking his nose in, we're in trouble.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    looks like Sabu has signed a 3 year deal with WWE and some are saying Balls Mahoney has signed too..but no official statement has been made yet.

Sabu signed a one year deal with WWE with a renewal option at the end of the year.
  • Options
    Usually I stay away from wrestling threads on unrelated forums because of

"I luv Ceena!!" "he is da best!"

But, this seems to be a mark free zone so, cool.

Sabu signed eh? Either he'll get shat on after a week, or he'll do some half assed angle with RVD, playing the whole "Once good friends, now enemies" thing. And screwing up RVDs title hopes.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Sabu signed a one year deal with WWE with a renewal option at the end of the year.
    yeh just read that too..glad its just a 1 yr deal..Sabu isnt that stupid
    yesterday PWInsider claimed it was a 3 year deal.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    yeah they were claiming it off of "sources and friends close to Sabu" However I find that odd since he was in Orlando Sunday and Last night for TNA. He let TNA guys know, but on Sabu's website they put a 1 year deal. Thank god. I hope he just sticks with the ECW junk they're doing and doesn't let Stephanie or someone else that doesn't deserve to be writing ruin his legacy.
  • Options
    Sabu signed eh? Either he'll get shat on after a week, or he'll do some half assed angle with RVD, playing the whole "Once good friends, now enemies" thing. And screwing up RVDs title hopes.

If it must come to this...at least bring back Fonzy.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    You remember in ECW RVD used to run in wearing a black wig dressed like sabu and help him [sabu] in matches, if what RVD is hinting at is true (he'll cash in the Money in the bank at One Night Stand 2) it'd be so cool if (for one time only) sabu came in dressed as RVD and helped him beat HHH/Cena for the win, the crowd would eat it up.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    I'm pretty excited about ECW coming back. Most people were bitching that One Night Stand ws gonna suck last year because it was going to be "McMahon's ECW" but that show was fuckin awesome. I think a full time ECW can work out good. I used to go to ECW shows since '94 in Hamburg, PA, and I hope the new ECW has at least one house show at the Hamburg Fieldhouse. I can't wait to see "ECW" at the ECW Arena again, but I hope they don't charge One Night Stand like prices.
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    You remember in ECW RVD used to run in wearing a black wig dressed like sabu and help him [sabu] in matches, if what RVD is hinting at is true (he'll cash in the Money in the bank at One Night Stand 2) it'd be so cool if (for one time only) sabu came in dressed as RVD and helped him beat HHH/Cena for the win, the crowd would eat it up.

I don't think it'd be as easy for Sabu to pull off an RVD impersonation as it was the other way around. All Van Dam had to do was put his hair down and wear baggy pants to pass as Sabu. Sabu with a ponytail and an airbrushed singlet looking like RVD....not so much.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    I'm pretty excited about ECW coming back. Most people were bitching that One Night Stand ws gonna suck last year because it was going to be "McMahon's ECW" but that show was fuckin awesome. I think a full time ECW can work out good. I used to go to ECW shows since '94 in Hamburg, PA, and I hope the new ECW has at least one house show at the Hamburg Fieldhouse. I can't wait to see "ECW" at the ECW Arena again, but I hope they don't charge One Night Stand like prices.

Was it good? Yes. However, bringing in JBL and other WWE was disappointing.

This is the same company that screwed up the invaison angle...their street cred isn't too high right now.

PBM

• Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    I don't think it'd be as easy for Sabu to pull off an RVD impersonation as it was the other way around. All Van Dam had to do was put his hair down and wear baggy pants to pass as Sabu. Sabu with a ponytail and an airbrushed singlet looking like RVD....not so much.

Yeah, ahem. that was the drawback I failed to inform you of...
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Only 3 more days until my wrestling training seminar with Teddy Hart and Harry Smith :D. Hopefulyl Il have some cool pics to post afterwards
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Only 3 more days until my wrestling training seminar with Teddy Hart and Harry Smith :D. Hopefulyl Il have some cool pics to post afterwards
    lucky you
    good luck with yer training! :)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    how they managed to completely botch the invasion angle is beyond me. that stuff should have written itself. by the end, at survivor series, it was 5 wwf guys vs. 3 wwf guys (including a mcmahon) 1 wcw guy and 1 ecw guy. pathetic
  • Options
    Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

It’s being said that after all the meetings today, Vince McMahon has decided that ECW would take the place of Velocity.

Basically what would happen is, the show would be taped prior to SmackDown! every Tuesday until a new time slot is secured in the United States. For the time being it would only remain an internet property show. Negotiations are going on to attempt to get it on U.S. television.

darn..now the cruiserweights and Bob Holly have no time to be jobbers

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    darn..now the cruiserweights and Bob Holly have no time to be jobbers

Bob Holly is seriosuly ill and nearly died. He dosnt deserve to be a jobber, when he comes back, I wish he would get a decent fued on Smackdown.

• Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    sweet jebus DON'T tell me I am that old, there has to be somone here who remembers the sweet days of Stampede Wrestling and the Dynamite Kid. The WWF has its roots in the Stampede, it started it all.

Other than Iginla (Sp?) I think Stampede Wrestling is the second best thing to come out of Calgary

ps Iginla went to school in St. Albert...basically in Edmonton.
    ps I guess the 3rd is the Stampede itself but I have never been...Cowboys and Indians don't mix.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Bob Holly is seriosuly ill and nearly died. He dosnt deserve to be a jobber, when he comes back, I wish he would get a decent fued on Smackdown.
    yeh its a real shame honestly..i like Holly..he has one of the best dropkicks on the roster too.
    hopefully at least a US title run and hope he recovers well.

YNWA
  • Options
    sweet jebus DON'T tell me I am that old, there has to be somone here who remembers the sweet days of Stampede Wrestling and the Dynamite Kid. The WWF has its roots in the Stampede, it started it all.
    well yeh i was too young to watch Stampede Wrestling but recently watched clips of it on the Bret Hart dvd..really innovative stuff for that era.

YNWA
  • Options

While I hope he gets better...I'm not much of a fan...never liked any of his gimmicks...plus, when he was a trainer on Tough Enough, he came across as a real asshole.

PBM

• Options
    Another thing I'm not quite up-to-speed on: If the WWE hates when wrestlers do high spots and hardcore stuff, are they going to relax that attitude with the new ECW?

...or will it be watered down?

PBM

• Options
    I went to see Lat weeks Raw live in London

here are my pics for anyone who wants to see them

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BPLJ95AZ865I3MDS6DI73QNFA

Also went SD but a little incident that occured. My camera film was destroyed :(

• Options
    While I hope he gets better...I'm not much of a fan...never liked any of his gimmicks...plus, when he was a trainer on Tough Enough, he came across as a real asshole.

PBM

Ive always liked him, I liked him from his Spark Plug days. Hes a good worker, and I like how stiff he works in the ring.

• Options
    Ive always liked him, I liked him from his Spark Plug days. Hes a good worker, and I like how stiff he works in the ring.

That was an awful gimmick.

Remember when he worked stiff against one of the Tough Enough winners on Raw? Not cool...you're there to protect one another...he doesn't seem to do that.

I will admit that the Hardcore Holly gimmick was better for him...he looked more like a badass...I never bought into it, but at least he came across that way.

PBM

• Options
    haha Sparky Plug !
    that was a crap gimmick
    the Hardcore thing suits him alot better cos hes a badass in person as well.

he needs to learn to control his temper if he ever wants to get a major push as well.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha Sparky Plug !
    that was a crap gimmick
    the Hardcore thing suits him alot better cos hes a badass in person as well.

he needs to learn to control his temper if he ever wants to get a major push as well.

Gotta love his cheesy hairstyle back in the day though lol

• Options
    Gotta love his cheesy hairstyle back in the day though lol
    haha i actually still have a WWF magazine with a Sparky Plug interview lol..
    but hey i like him..since hes a MetallicA fan ;)

YNWA
  • Options
    I'd like to see Holly hold his own in ECW...see if he's really hardcore. ;)

PBM

• Options
    Who would have thought Holly would have been the center of a wrestling discussion at anytime? Out of all the people out there? HAH, I will give him one thing though, he's been very loyal to that company. He's another Brooklyn Brawler, never got much of an opportunity, but he still showed up everyday and in just as good shape as anybody out there(I guess the brawler didn't do that part though.)

However it's sad to see the shape he's in right now. Does anyone have an article saying that he's actually recovering? Cause last I read about 2 days ago, he's on an IV every 12 hours and just kind of stable in his state right now.
  • Options
    Also some other news, looks like WWE will be doing another WWE vs ECW spot to lead into One Night Stand II. Why can't they just leave it alone and let them showcase their own matches. Argh. Oh well.