Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    When I was a kid I loved the WWF. I was nuts for that stuff, but as I got older it phased out of me. However this past Friday night on this DOC documentary channel we have on DISH network was a 2 hour long documentary on Bret "Hitman" Hart. Probably one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. I remember Bret from back in the day and was a fan, but after watching this, I'm even more of a fan now. He's a real down to earth good guy. And he spit in Vince McMahon's face! How much better does it get!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    andre.....

when he was actually able to wrestle....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3sBzNOXbKs
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Well smack my ass and call my Judy....

An episode of Raw with Stone Cold AND The Rock??? Never thought i'd see it again.
    Obviously it would've been cooler if he'd been there in person but it was still great to see him. In a way, i'm kinda glad that he doesn't really come back now. It's not the same Rocky that we loved, not as much in character anymore.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Well smack my ass and call my Judy....

An episode of Raw with Stone Cold AND The Rock??? Never thought i'd see it again.
    Obviously it would've been cooler if he'd been there in person but it was still great to see him. In a way, i'm kinda glad that he doesn't really come back now. It's not the same Rocky that we loved, not as much in character anymore.
    Great to see them both......but really they are now just "talking heads".....Austin's arm looked like he hasn't seen the inside of a gym lately.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I did not watch Wrestlemania, but here is a link to Vince/Trump on the Today Show this morning:

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Sabu has been let go by WWE.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of any wrestling program over the past three months. WWE still blows, although it seems that Smackdown is the better wrestling show out of any of them right now.

TNA has gone down the crapper ever since Russo came onboard. They focus so much on the ex-WWE/WCW superstars, that the homegrown TNA talent is getting buried. Hell, even Samoa Joe, who should be the flagship of their roster, is getting lost in the shuffle.

I still read the dirtsheets and spoilers, but nothing has given me any reason to watch any of the shows. Although the bit with Edge winning the title by cashing in his MITB against Undertaker last week on Smackdown was pretty good.
  • Options
    I simply stopped watching...like you, I keep up with things via PWInsider...other than that...there's no reason to tune in.

PBM

• Options
    I still watch every now and then, but i check results regulary to see what's going on. I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for HBK and Taker still being able to bring it in the ring i probably wouldn't watch. So now that Taker's gone for at least 6 months i'm pretty upset.

Mr Kennedy is good, bu he's the only new-ish guy i even remotely like.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    What happened to Undertaker? why is he out for 6 months?
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    What happened to Undertaker? why is he out for 6 months?

He tore his tricep. Or was it his bicep? One of the two. So he had to quickly drop the title so he can have surgery, hence the reason why Edge cashed in his MITB so quickly.

• Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Steiner Brothers Back In Action On TNA
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    wrestling sucks ass, i havent watched it in ages im into. UFC/MMA now
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Okay. Taking it a bit too far now? Mr. McMahon PRESUMED DEAD in limo explosion

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/mcmahonpresumeddead
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Was a huge wrestling fan in junior high and maybe my first year of high school, wrestling is total shit now.........it got rid of everything appealing about it (crazy/violent gimmick matches, interesting characters, and they made it more family friendly now)
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    I simply stopped watching...like you, I keep up with things via PWInsider...other than that...there's no reason to tune in.

PBM
    I joined your club, I have probably not watched in a couple of months......have not even looked at the websites in a couple of weeks.....kinda sad, really.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    I joined your club, I have probably not watched in a couple of months......have not even looked at the websites in a couple of weeks.....kinda sad, really.

I haven't even thought about tuning it on for quite some time now. I still check out the wrestling sites from time to time...but not near as often.

PBM

• Options
    Okay, enough with the phony deaths. Now, a real death. Sensational Sherri Martel, dead at 49.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    tybird wrote:
    nah i think its more of a case cause wrestling sucks and is boring to watch, god even TNA sucks these days
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Okay, enough with the phony deaths. Now, a real death. Sensational Sherri Martel, dead at 49.

Chalk another one up to the dead wrestlers before their times. Shawn should revert back to her version of his theme in honor.
  • Options
    fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 718
    according to WWE.com Chris Benoit is dead.....
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Yeah, thats real sad... Why Benoit? He always seemed to be a decent human being and was definitely one of the best pro wrestlers of his time. I can't believe someone would murder him. Its so sad. I haven't watched wrestling in a long time and my friend just called me and told me. I will definitely be tuning in tonight to see his memory honored.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Woah,when was the last time anyone posted here?Well anywho,just wondering what everyone thinks about WWE suspending 10(or more) of its top stars over steriods.

The list of wrestlers found to be recieving steriods is :

Charlie Haas - Purchased drugs as late as January 2007.

* Chavo Guerrero - Purchased drugs as late as May 2006.

* Edge - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

* Funaki - Purchased Somatropin in March 2006.

* Gregory Helms - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

* John Morrison - Purchased five different drugs as late as February 2007 .

* Mr. Kennedy - Purchased three drugs between October 2006 and February 2007, including testosterone, which is an anabolic steroid. Kennedy sternly claimed in a recent interview entitled 'WWE Stopped My Steroid Use' that he completely stopped doing steroids as soon as the WWE Wellness Policy was implemented.

* Randy Orton - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

* Umaga - Purchased Somatropin as late as December 2006.

* William Regal - Purchased drugs as late as November 2006.

Listed As Clients Of Signature Pharmacy But Not On Sports Illustrated's List:
    * Batista
    * Chris Masters
    * King Booker
    * Santino Marella
    * Simon Dean

No Longer Under WWE Contract Or Deceased:
    * Brian Adams
    * Chris Benoit
    * Eddie Guerrero
    * Johnny Stamboli
    * Sylvain Grenier

I wonder what the fallout from this will be.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    SAVE_US.222

I haven't watched any wrestling on TV for quite a few months now, but if this means HE is returning to save us, I may tune in.
  • Options
    SAVE_US.222

I haven't watched any wrestling on TV for quite a few months now, but if this means HE is returning to save us, I may tune in.
    Who's coming to save us???
  • Options
    rumors are that it's jericho, returning at the Oct 7th PPV. I watched last night leaning on the FF on Tivo, and missed the video
  • Options
    rumors are that it's jericho, returning at the Oct 7th PPV. I watched last night leaning on the FF on Tivo, and missed the video
    The rock band gig not work out for him?? :D
  • Options
    It better be Jerchico! Someone needs to come make wrestling entertaining before I quit watching. I really enjoy having something from my youth that I still enjoy, but lately its been so craptastic.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)