Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    Here's a link to the promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amhrHgD7Fs0

Much of it definitely points to Jericho, including the style of music and the countdown at the end. And there's already a ton of speculation out there, dissecting all of the file names which flash onscreen for a millisecond.

In any case, it's nicely crafted.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    lol that little midget wrestler is Vince McMahon's bastard son.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Jericho can't save wrestling.

McMahon's giving up control can though.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Jericho can't save wrestling.

McMahon's giving up control can though.

PBM
    You and me..........we could write better stuff, eh??? ;):D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    You and me..........we could write better stuff, eh??? ;):D

Sadly...yes. :D

Hire back Heyman...give him full control of creative...just don't let him handle the money.

That guy has a mind for the business...and while you're at it...bring in Raven to help him.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    bring in Raven to help him.

"what about me? what about Raisin?"

*another Jericho gem*
  • Options
    You know what I've really had enough of? The evil GM. That gimmick has been so overdone, it's ridiculous. It's time to go back to a Jack Tunney like guy, who's only heard from every few months. That, and the only McMahon I have the least bit of interest in seeing is Shane. Seriously, Vince comes out now, or they cut to him in the back, and I just FF right thru it.
  • Options
    the only McMahon I have the least bit of interest in seeing is Shane. Seriously, Vince comes out now, or they cut to him in the back, and I just FF right thru it.

From what I've read, the folks at USA want to see Vince and family on screen more...they say their research shows that ratings go up when they're on camera.

Who does this research?

PBM

• Options
    From what I've read, the folks at USA want to see Vince and family on screen more...they say their research shows that ratings go up when they're on camera.

Who does this research?

PBM

Titan Towers, Inc.
  • Options

Who does this research?

PBM
    If there is a blip in the ratings......it's only because we want to see bad things happen to him and his horde. I bet the ratings drop when the family is on the winning side. :rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    There is hope for an improvement in the WWE. John Cena tears a pec muscle and is out until 2008.
  • Options
    There is hope for an improvement in the WWE. John Cena tears a pec muscle and is out until 2008.

Interesting. Have they announced who is fighting for the belt then? I assume one of them would be Orton, but I haven't seen anything about it. Makes me think they want it to be a surprise and it won't be a typical 1-on-1 type match with someone just filling in for Cena.
  • Options
    Interesting. Have they announced who is fighting for the belt then? I assume one of them would be Orton, but I haven't seen anything about it. Makes me think they want it to be a surprise and it won't be a typical 1-on-1 type match with someone just filling in for Cena.
    I smell a HHH moment forthcoming.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    I smell a HHH moment forthcoming.

Rather see them give it to Jericho
  • Options

Is it confirmed that he's coming back?

I have completely lost touch with the wrestling world. I got tired of wasting TiVo space with Raw, so I quit watching entirely.

I don't check PWInsider that much either (I'd check that site more, but the pop ups annoy the hell out of me).

PBM

• Options
    Is it confirmed that he's coming back?

I have completely lost touch with the wrestling world. I got tired of wasting TiVo space with Raw, so I quit watching entirely.

I don't check PWInsider that much either (I'd check that site more, but the pop ups annoy the hell out of me).

PBM

I'm pretty much the same. I'll flip to Raw during MNF or 24 commercials, every once in awhile. I only really check http://www.wrestlescoop.com/ when someone mentions something interesting on this thread actually.

Thought it was confirmed Jericho was coming back, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Is he married to the head writer and daughter of the company's owner??? :D
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Is he married to the head writer and daughter of the company's owner??? :D

Trips legacy will be just that: Husband to the owner's daughter. He is a solid worker and great on the mike, but without the massive push he alway receives, he would be ordinary.

There are tons of guys that get buried while he is reigning king. Don't believe the hype...Trips would be nothing without his position in the company (Read: Family).

PBM

• Options
    agreed
  • Options
    Trips legacy will be just that: Husband to the owner's daughter. He is a solid worker and great on the mike, but without the massive push he alway receives, he would be ordinary.

There are tons of guys that get buried while he is reigning king. Don't believe the hype...Trips would be nothing without his position in the company (Read: Family).

PBM
    He's doing the same thing that he bitched about other guys doing during his days in WCW and early years in the WWE (nee WWF). :rolleyes:

Hey....he wants to be champ....let him be champ.....just write some interesting story around and tweak his M.O. a bit. The sledge hammer is old and stale. His creativity is non-existant.
  • Options
    the sledge hammer is right up there with Jeff Jarrett's guitar. You can just fast forward to the point where the sledge hammer comes out, because it will be a part of each and every match. And way to keep things believable. hit someone with a sledgehammer in the head, and they're pretty much dead
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    He's doing the same thing that he bitched about other guys doing during his days in WCW and early years in the WWE (nee WWF). :rolleyes:

"...and he who forgets..."

I'm glad TNA is going to a 2 hour slot tonight, but if they continue to tape it...I'll continue to not watch it. There's something about a live wrestling event that is more appealing to me.

However, this does not apply to Monday Night Raw...as it is a shell of it's former self.

PBM

• Options
    I Tivo TNA, and spend about 8 minutes a week watching it. It's a best of (worst of) WWE 2001-2004. With a stupid 6 sided ring, which is there just to be different. last I heard is that the WWE champion will be determined in a 3 way, HHH, Orton, and Umaga. Uggghh, more of the same. I hope that's not true. I'd like to see a good old fashioned 16 man tournament to determine the next champion. And for fucks sake, get rid of that stupid belt, it's a disgrace
  • Options
    I Tivo TNA, and spend about 8 minutes a week watching it. It's a best of (worst of) WWE 2001-2004. With a stupid 6 sided ring, which is there just to be different. last I heard is that the WWE champion will be determined in a 3 way, HHH, Orton, and Umaga. Uggghh, more of the same. I hope that's not true. I'd like to see a good old fashioned 16 man tournament to determine the next champion. And for fucks sake, get rid of that stupid belt, it's a disgrace
    My thoughts exactly.....I tried watching TNA.....but every minute was a promo for the next pay per view, and everyone knew that as soon as Cena got hurt...HHH would get a shot at the title. :rolleyes: Umaga is about exciting as Kamala used to be.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Umaga

The sad thing is that Umaga was created because of Samoa Joe. Joe is quite talented and doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Umaga is horrible and gets title shots.

I read that Jericho was in negotiations with both TNA and WWE, but ultimately decided to stick with WWE. Expect him back shortly (apparently he's the wrestler behind the new promo they're running).

PBM

• Options
    The sad thing is that Umaga was created because of Samoa Joe. Joe is quite talented and doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Umaga is horrible and gets title shots.

I read that Jericho was in negotiations with both TNA and WWE, but ultimately decided to stick with WWE. Expect him back shortly (apparently he's the wrestler behind the new promo they're running).

PBM
    Did he give up on being a rock star??? Or are we going to have endure promos for his band?
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Did he give up on being a rock star??? Or are we going to have endure promos for his band?

Much like me, he applied for jobs in other fields. Once he found out that he wasn't as good in those fields, he came back to his sure thing.

PBM

• Options
    Much like me, he applied for jobs in other fields. Once he found out that he wasn't as good in those fields, he came back to his sure thing.

PBM
    He was great on "I Love the '70s" and "I Love the '80s".....don't suspect that they paid too well. ;)
  • Options
    Ilast I heard is that the WWE champion will be determined in a 3 way, HHH, Orton, and Umaga. Uggghh, more of the same.

Booooorrrinnnnnnggggg.

Let me guess, Orton pins Umaga for the belt, setting up the next 3 pay per views worth of Orton vs HHH.