Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow passes away:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22448&p=1

RIP

PBM

RIP big Guy
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow passes away:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22448&p=1

RIP

PBM
    dam what a loss, he and RVD had some classic back in the old ECW days

RIP

BAM
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Long Live:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vD3m-19DAEQ&mode=related&search=........The best ther is, was , and ever will be...
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Just found these awesome clips on youtube, from the good ol' days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFR4GuUgDKU
    (From 9mins30secs onwards this one is amazing. Just listen to the reaction of the crowd grow and grow as Linda keeps dropping hints. And then listen to how frickin' loud they are when the CEO is introduced. The only thing that even slightly compares to that kind of reaction over the last few years is when HBK came to HHH's aid back in June, signalling the DX reunion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5aTNhY7CcQ
    (Again, huge reaction when The Rock comes out. There's a second part to that clip too)

Back then, the crowd really really cared about the storylines and the superstars. Such a different story today. Batista and Cena are our champs and i really couldn't give two pieces of monkey crap about either of them. But that's just me.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I imagine these won't last long, so check them out as soon as you can. Here are some really good "Shoot Interviews".

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mrshootinterview

The Tammy Sytch interview is great. Warrior one is interesting too.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I imagine these won't last long, so check them out as soon as you can. Here are some really good "Shoot Interviews".

PBM
    Tammy is looking a little rough, eh?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Tammy is looking a little rough, eh?

Yeah, she talks about it in the interview. She will always look good to me. She talks about getting back into "Sunny Shape". Actually, a little meat on her bones doesn't look too bad.

She's been through a lot in the past 5 years.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    i used to use sunny for jerk-off material, back when i was in my teens. sad what has happend to her. i watched the tna main event last night and man i didnt know aj styles was a bad guy now

• Options
    i didnt know aj styles was a bad guy now

behold the genius booking of Vince Russo :rolleyes:
  • Options
    behold the genius booking of Vince Russo :rolleyes:
    oh so thats why tna has sucked for the last few months (sarcasm). lets face it the only good brand on tv is smackdown and that says how much wrestling has sucked.

• Options
    Yeah, she talks about it in the interview. She will always look good to me. She talks about getting back into "Sunny Shape". Actually, a little meat on her bones doesn't look too bad.

She's been through a lot in the past 5 years.

PBM
    Have not finished watching the interview yet.........she was quite the looker.....you can see the hard life in her eyes.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options

PBM

I wouldn't mind going to that gym where she's always at the front desk.
  • Options
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Finally got a chance to watch Wrestling Society X on MTV. As a wrestling fan, I absolutely hated it. Total spot fest, no ring psychology... high impact moves which wrestlers just brushed off like they had no effect in order to quickly progress to the next spot. The explosions and other FX just made it seem way too comical. The announcing team sucks ass too.

On the other hand, it's perfect for MTV. It will do great with boys between the ages of 12-16 who don't have the attention span to watch an old-school wrestling match.
  • Options
    Finally got a chance to watch Wrestling Society X on MTV. As a wrestling fan, I absolutely hated it. Total spot fest, no ring psychology... high impact moves which wrestlers just brushed off like they had no effect in order to quickly progress to the next spot. The explosions and other FX just made it seem way too comical. The announcing team sucks ass too.

On the other hand, it's perfect for MTV. It will do great with boys between the ages of 12-16 who don't have the attention span to watch an old-school wrestling match.

I watched it and here's why I didn't like it:

Zak in the booth...lame.

New Jack being there for one show. Bring him in full time or don't use him. Don't get my hopes up.

High spots don't bother me, but MTV doing a wrestling show is like Burger King selling tacos.

PBM

• Options
    I watched it and here's why I didn't like it:

Zak in the booth...lame.

New Jack being there for one show. Bring him in full time or don't use him. Don't get my hopes up.

High spots don't bother me, but MTV doing a wrestling show is like Burger King selling tacos.

PBM
    Burger King sells tacos???? ;)
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Burger King sells tacos???? ;)

Actually, they do.

:)

PBM

• Options
    The one by me stopped selling them, but they were pretty good. They were exactly like Jack's tacos. Which unfortunately closed by me. Now I want a damned Jack's taco. Thanks a lot
  • Options
    Actually, they do.

:)

PBM
    Wow...........that I never knew.....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    The whole Vince Russo Shoot interview is posted...I'm going to watch it this afternoon after lunch.

PBM

• Options
    Well...I watched the whole thing.

I don't understand why folks hate Russo so much.

He is a fan of wrestling, he subscribes to wrestling being real instead of this cartoonish work displayed every Monday and he has a passion for the business.

Granted, I think he took (stole) a lot of ideas from ECW and implanted them into the WWF, but nevertheless, it made it interesting.

PBM

• Options
    I miss Stone Cold.

Cause that's the bottom line.......cause stone cold said so! I remember when he fucking took EVERYONE out with the stunner...ahh man...

Oh, I went to school with Kelly Kelly from ECW. She used to use that fake ass tanning shit so she was constantly orange.
  • Options

PBM
    Thanks for getting hooked on these shoot interviews, PBM. The warrior interview was quite interesting...........he did not come across as the "nut case" that many people have claimed that he is.....
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Thanks for getting hooked on these shoot interviews, PBM. The warrior interview was quite interesting...........he did not come across as the "nut case" that many people have claimed that he is.....

Granted, he has his issues, but he comes across as an intelligent business man.

Probably wasn't the greatest worker and may take his character too seriously at times, but I had no beef with the stuff in his interview.

The Piper interview is good too...A little long, but good.

PBM

• Options
    Granted, he has his issues, but he comes across as an intelligent business man.

Probably wasn't the greatest worker and may take his character too seriously at times, but I had no beef with the stuff in his interview.

The Piper interview is good too...A little long, but good.

PBM
    I was one of those that loved him as the Dingo Warrior and then the Ultimate Warrior......was mystified by his initial WCW appearance, but remained a fan. He did have charisma despite mostly grunting through interviews. I do believe that Hogan/Nash/Hall were as bad as he said. Apparently, it's just a slimy business from top to bottom.
  • Options
    It's going to be an interesting Monday night. There's no RAW, since USA is carrying the dog show. Spike TV is running a 2-hour TNA special tonight to take advantage of RAW's absence. It's a collection of past PPV matches plus other introspectives into the TNA product. Here's the rundown:

* Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle (first-ever match, Genesis 2006)
    * NWA champion Christian Cage vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Abyss vs. Sting vs. Ron Killings- King of the Mountain (Slammiversary 2006)
    * NWA Tag Team champions AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX- Six Sides of Steel (Bound for Glory 2006)
    * NWA champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting with Kurt Angle as the official Enforcer (Bound for Glory 2006)
    * Christian Cage vs. Rhino - 8 Mile Streetfight (Bound for Glory 2006)
    * A countdown of TNA's "Greatest Moments"
    * A look at the X-Division
    * A look back at TNA's history

I don't think this is an ideal collection of matches, especially since this is a prime opportunity for TNA to win over WWE fans. No Ultimate X match, no Monsters Ball. Too much emphasis on older stars like Jarrett and Sting. It will be interesting to see what kind of rating this generates.
  • Options
    I disagree with going for a taped "best of" show. Strike while the iron's hot...go for a live show.

TNA has been dropping the ball a lot lately.

PBM

• Options
    It's going to be an interesting Monday night. There's no RAW, since USA is carrying the dog show. Spike TV is running a 2-hour TNA special tonight to take advantage of RAW's absence. It's a collection of past PPV matches plus other introspectives into the TNA product. Here's the rundown:

* NWA champion Christian Cage vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Abyss vs. Sting vs. Ron Killings- King of the Mountain (Slammiversary 2006)
    * NWA Tag Team champions AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX- Six Sides of Steel (Bound for Glory 2006)
    * NWA champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting with Kurt Angle as the official Enforcer (Bound for Glory 2006)

I don't think this is an ideal collection of matches, especially since this is a prime opportunity for TNA to win over WWE fans. No Ultimate X match, no Monsters Ball. Too much emphasis on older stars like Jarrett and Sting. It will be interesting to see what kind of rating this generates.

Hopefully I will remember to check it out.......any of those matches would be "new" to me.
  • Options

TNA droped the ball big time.yeah they should show 2 of the ultimate x matches, those were fucking awsome. also no 6 sides of match between AMW and i forget the other tag team with all the weapons on the cage. anyone watch wrestling society extreme on mtv on tuseday nights