Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

You find that more offensive that racsist comments. The first comment is really bad ... The rest not so much.

Let me clarify. The first one was really bad. The others aren't as bad, but still wrong.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Wanting to Twitter someone to make light of their loss is in poor taste. The rest are more or less just people conversing about whether this incident has helped and motivated the rangers ... Much the same way hockey analyst have discussed the issue. I would like to see the move on now though ... I don't think it needs to be brought up every night.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    reports that Price is done for the rest of this round due to that knee injury

tough break for him, he was playing fantastic hockey on a huge stage
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    uh oh .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I agree he was playing fantastic ... But Montreal would not be here if it was not for the effort from all 4 lines.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Never say never, however cuz whenever a player endeavors the ice in warm weather, his feather in his cap could mean a clever return in a game.... tether the weather in Denver Mr. Pleather.

(he may play still cuz he dressed for practice and skated around)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    no need for doom and gloom canadian fans. the rangers have a rich history of making back up goaltenders looking like vezina winners. this is still very much a series.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 said:

Wanting to Twitter someone to make light of their loss is in poor taste. The rest are more or less just people conversing about whether this incident has helped and motivated the rangers ... Much the same way hockey analyst have discussed the issue. I would like to see the move on now though ... I don't think it needs to be brought up every night.

Agreed, classless.

Also, taking out the goalie is another classy move.
    Uh...go Chicago?

• Options
    Rygar said:

Uh...go Chicago?

if this happened to lundqvist, there would without a doubt be MANY MANY pissed off ranger fans, but this is one you have to look at objectively (which i hope i would be able to do if the situation was reversed).

i am sure the replay has been playing over and over and over again in montreal today. i just don't see how kreider is able to avoid price after getting his right ankle slashed six feet in front of the goal crease skating full speed with two canadians bearing down on him.

and after i keep watching the replay, i am left wondering why a penalty shot wasn't called on the play.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rival. said:

Rygar said:

Uh...go Chicago?

if this happened to lundqvist, there would without a doubt be MANY MANY pissed off ranger fans, but this is one you have to look at objectively (which i hope i would be able to do if the situation was reversed).

i am sure the replay has been playing over and over and over again in montreal today. i just don't see how kreider is able to avoid price after getting his right ankle slashed six feet in front of the goal crease skating full speed with two canadians bearing down on him.

and after i keep watching the replay, i am left wondering why a penalty shot wasn't called on the play.

Rival, EXACTLLY what I was thinking. Wasn't dirty or intentional. Kreids got slashed CLEAR as day, lost control cuz the guys a rocket, and crashed into price. He could've gotten hurt just as bad. Sorry habs, it's hockey. And u guys are still in this series no doubt.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    rival. said:

Rygar said:

Uh...go Chicago?

The slash was in the shin pads not the ankle, and the guy fell feet first into the goalie...if the slash was the cause of him falling he would have been head first. No one goes down from a one-handed slash to the shin pads if they don't want to. But yeah, it probably should have been a penalty shot. It was a slash and no play on the puck at all.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Uh...go Chicago?

The way the game is played today ... it's easy for guys to go to the net fearlessly for 2 reasons ... 1) the nets pop right off (go back to the days went it took a mac truck to knock the nets off you would no longer have nearly as many collisions with goalies that are now happening.

2) 25 years ago if you were charging with a full head of steam towards the goalie you never would have made it without paying huge physical price ... mostly likely the d-man sending you the opposite direction in a hurray.

I think Montreal should go real hard to the net at every opportunity ...

• Options
    Blades first I don't get.
    If Montreal decides to play like they did in game one then I'm not sure why they bother showing up.
    Tokarski gets the start tonight. Rookie!
  • Options
    Rygar said:

rival. said:

Rygar said:

Uh...go Chicago?

The slash was in the shin pads not the ankle, and the guy fell feet first into the goalie...if the slash was the cause of him falling he would have been head first. No one goes down from a one-handed slash to the shin pads if they don't want to. But yeah, it probably should have been a penalty shot. It was a slash and no play on the puck at all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqo-FohCbQ

• Options
    That collision was going to happen no matter what ... and your right rival that slash should not have brought him down that way. It's up to someone on Montreal to send a message.

• Options
    If the slash was enough to bring him down he wouldn't even have got the shot off. Emelin should have played him instead of the puck.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Blades first I don't get.
    If Montreal decides to play like they did in game one then I'm not sure why they bother showing up.
    Tokarski gets the start tonight. Rookie!

I think Montreal will play better tonight ... Montreal has a pretty good history of rookie goalie rising to the occasion.

• Options
    looks like his ankle to me

• Options
    edited May 2014
    So it does, still likely in the shin pad. Doesn't explain how he still got his shot off then went feet first.
  • Options
    Michel Therrien Unhappy With ‘Reckless’ Play Leading To Carey Price Injury

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/05/michel-therrien-unhappy-with-reckless-play-leading-to-carey-price-injury/

• Options
    Rygar said:

So it does, still likely in the shin pad. Doesn't explain how he still got his shot off then went feet first.

agreed with the awkwardness of going skate first but i don't know. he has a split second decision and when he knew he was going down his first instinct could be to protect his head and go skate first.
  • Options
    rival. said:

Rygar said:

agreed with the awkwardness of going skate first but i don't know. he has a split second decision and when he knew he was going down his first instinct could be to protect his head and go skate first.
    Certainly possible. Doesn't much matter now, done is done.
  • Options
    smarchee said:

reports that Price is done for the rest of this round due to that knee injury

tough break for him, he was playing fantastic hockey on a huge stage

As a Habs fan, this is really too bad. I still have faith however. I actually think Dustin Tokarski will have the start for tonight.
  • Options
    not a terrible game by tokarski... i think he earns another chance in game 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah not too bad. Certainly could have played a lot worse.
    One win in this series would be ok lol
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Ya I can finally stop feeling like I'm gonna throw up in my mouth. Way to get back in the series boys now keep it up.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Well at least we won't get swept.
    Late hit by Prust, he's lucky Stepan was fine.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    CHEERING ALL DAY AND NIGHT out here in BC - Tokarski!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    It's a series now. Montreal got some puck luck, which is what's needed at times.

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited May 2014
    Rygar said:

Well at least we won't get swept.
    Late hit by Prust, he's lucky Stepan was fine.

Fine? It might've looked that way( i thought so also) .
    I saw him interviewed in the post game, had no sign or symptoms!
    You never know !

BREAKING: Derek Stepan has suffered a broken jaw as a result of the Brandon Prust blind side hit. According to multiple beat writers, he is currently undergoing surgery. No timetable for return..Oy.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life