Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I think Price was going to need to steal a couple, that was 1. I'm not sure Boston can play much better than that, but I'm sure Montreal can ... so if Montreal plays better from here on out it should be a good series and may go the distance. I expected Montreal to be flat in this game after such a long layoff (really to much time off ... imo), so for Montreal to win this game was exceptional for them. Should be a great series ... no doubt the greatest rivalry in hockey.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Well that sucked but it just sets them up to win on my birthday.
    Go Habs Go
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Hopefully they're embarrassed after that collapse. Hockey games are 60 minutes, not 50.
    Regroup.
  • Options
    They suffered from too cocky for your own good syndrome in Game 2 which they needed to be reminded was not going to work. Now we can settle down into a good series that is going to take a lot of work on both sides.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    It's hard to get your hopes up with these guys, they always tempt you then let you down!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Such is the heart of the hockey(or any sport really) fan. We were spoiled for years and have had to completely rebuild the team, but we are in a good place. Have faith all we have to do is take Boston down and the Rangers already took care of Philly for us so it is looking good. It could be so much worse we could be Leafs or Canucks fans...talk about being let down all the time :p

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    Subban is very very good player. I hope his brother Malcolm is as good a goalie.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PK Subban 11 points in the playoffs ... Impressive. Impressive win by Montreal.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Ya boys that's how you pull it together. Two down two to go.
    P.S. Please win the next two in a row so you win and advance on my birthday, would be a super great present. ;)

• Options
    g under p said:

Subban is very very good player. I hope his brother Malcolm is as good a goalie.

Peace

He is rated well, but Rask is going to be there a long long time too.

• Options

P.S. Please win the next two in a row so you win and advance on my birthday, would be a super great present. ;)

I'd be ok with that :P
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Rygar said:

I'd be ok with that :P
    me too!!
  • Options
    jason_bouchard88jason_bouchard88 Posts: 220
    edited May 2014
    Great game last night. I honestly didn't realize that what PK did in the last 10 seconds, if intentional, would have given Boston Bruins a penalty shot.
  • Options
    Boooooo
    Now there will be no punting Boston out of the playoffs on my birthday.
    That being said it was a hell of a game on to Sat.
    Go Habs Go

• Options
    Seriously boys that was bad, and losing on my bday is just bad form.
    You better pull it together for the next two games and take this series.

• Options
    I think they've run out of steam after the 1-0 loss.
  • Options
    That's more like, just one more and we move on.
    Go Habs Go

• Options
    Great game by the Habs. You never know what team is going to show up!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,495
    Rygar said:

Repeat ten times tomorrow.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

That was a serious beat down given to the Bruins. Should be easily forgotten but the Habs have A knack for taking game 7's from the B's.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Get_Right said:

Rygar said:

Repeat ten times tomorrow.
    They look like it often enough! Very random performances sometimes.
    g under p said:

Rygar said:

That was a serious beat down given to the Bruins. Should be easily forgotten but the Habs have A knack for taking game 7's from the B's.

Peace
    Anyone's game tonight. Could be a good one.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,495
    Go Habs! Love a Habs Rangers series!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    alright you crazy canadians... don't you go rioting after the game regardless of the outcome.

go habs go... would love for the rangers to play you guys over boston.
  • Options
    Didn't you see Vancouver's riot in 2011? They call that a riot?? Montreal will show em how!
  • Options
    Can we at least wait till we win the cup to riot??? ;)

• Options
    Habs with the quick start and lead. Damn they're tough in game 7s, it. Is early though.

Peace

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Rygar said:

Didn't you see Vancouver's riot in 2011? They call that a riot?? Montreal will show em how!

:))
  • Options
    That was a great series ... Just outstanding hockey.

• Options
    Carey Price has played 5 elimination games between the Olympics and the NHL Playoffs and is 5-0 and only 2 goals allow ... That's clutch.

• Options
    Ok can breath again.