Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Who's more important to their team ... Price or Stepan. Price was taken out by a reckless play.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

BREAKING: Derek Stepan has suffered a broken jaw as a result of the Brandon Prust blind side hit. According to multiple beat writers, he is currently undergoing surgery. No timetable for return..Oy.

Really? Wow I'm surprised! He looked a bit out of it, then saw the replay and was immediately up and going bonkers, I thought "ok he's fine". Ouch, never want to see players injured, esp from illegal hits.
    That might change discipline.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

Who's more important to their team ... Price or Stepan. Price was taken out by a reckless play.

This is true but both plays were reckless. I don't think Prust meant to injure him but it was a bad judgement to make the hit.
  • Options
    I agree ... But Prust will likely get a game suspension, whereas Kreider got zilch.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Yeah that's true.
    Maybe Price won't be allowed back in goal if Tokarski keeps playing well ;)
  • Options
    I also believe by Prust delivering that hit and that fight in the first was big for Montreal. When your goalie wax taken out by a reckless play a message had to be sent ... It should have been delivered in game 2 ... At least Prust delivered it in game 3.

• Options
    Oh yeah definitely had to emotionally engage the team and he did just that. He was yelling at the bench (his own bench) on the way to the penalty box after the fight.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    lukin2006 said:

I agree ... But Prust will likely get a game suspension, whereas Kreider got zilch.

correct 1 game for Prust.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

2 games
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    lukin2006 said:

Where is the reasoning behind Kreider getting suspended? I've watched that play probably 20 times. Did I miss something?

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    He was being douchey and tried to snow Price, but he was going to fast and ended up injuring him. There was some intention there just not the intention to injured and as he took out our boy a lot of fans are peeved. All we can do now is take them down and that will be enough.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

Where is the reasoning behind Kreider getting suspended? I've watched that play probably 20 times. Did I miss something?

Coaches Corner with Don Cherry had a segment about these guys plowing their way to the net. It's reckless plain and simple ... anchor the nets like they use to and these plays would never happen (or when they do the skater stands a good chance of injury himself) ...

• Options
    So the Rangers had to beat both the Habs and the refs tonight. What are the odds of unbiased officiating in game 5????? Anyone??
  • Options
    rival. said:

So the Rangers had to beat both the Habs and the refs tonight. What are the odds of unbiased officiating in game 5????? Anyone??

:((

• Options
    edited May 2014
    lukin2006 said:

rival. said:

:((
    At the end of the day, my team still won with bias officiating. Go back to bitching about Price, something you have done since game 1. No mention from me about Brassard getting his brain scrambled on an illegal hit or Stephan receiving a broken jaw on yet another illegal hit.

Hab fans only seem to know the term 'reckless.' Do they dare use it when referring to Brassard or Stephan? :-$

Hope your beautiful city isn't torn to shreds after game 5. Enjoy the day.
    Post edited by rival. on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So your guy gets caught admiring a pass (Brassard) and it's an illegal hit? Lol

And the city looks good in flames!
  • Options
    Very good game. All three goals Montreal allowed, there's that one Rangers player that was all alone, including the OT one and Tokarski was unable to keep the puck from entering the net. The OT goal by Martin St. Louis was really good and that was one that Tokarski would have been unable to make the save.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Rygar said:

We have to remember ... they employ ulf samuelson

:)) :))

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Rygar said:

lukin2006 said:

2 games
    just enough
    :)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Looks that way. Beating the Bruins was my SC so I can handle it ;)
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Rygar said:

Looks that way. Beating the Bruins was my SC so I can handle it ;)

Wait, they put your name on the cup for just getting to the ECF now? I didn't know that.
    ;)
  • Options
    A fine contribution!
  • Options
    For a franchise like NY With so very little to show in their history the fans sure love to trash talk ... What have they won ... 4 cups and nothing guaranteed yet this year.

• Options
    They win a cup every 25 years on average.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    lukin2006 said:

Overlooked this gem. =))

Nothing reckless about what happened to Stepan eh?

And edit: way to make light of a guy's jaw getting rearranged. If I remember you don't have an alliance to one team right? You are just a butt hurt Crosby fan that couldn't bear to see him get bounced last round against the Rangers? His leadership called into question? Hmmm
    Post edited by rival. on
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

For a franchise like NY With so very little to show in their history the fans sure love to trash talk ... What have they won ... 4 cups and nothing guaranteed yet this year.

Us Ranger fans are actually quite humble. We have been following this organization long enough to know how quickly things can implode. We are enjoying a nice run that no one saw coming and the icing is we are one win from the Finals by defeating one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. So arrogant a small, small (small ;) ) part of me wishes the Bruins won last round.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Dupe
  • Options
    rival. said:

Us Ranger fans are actually quite humble. We have been following this organization long enough to know how quickly things can implode. We are enjoying a nice run that no one saw coming and the icing is we are one win from the Finals by defeating one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. So arrogant a small, small (small ;) ) part of me wishes the Bruins won last round.

Well this is pure pot and kettle.

• Options
    rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

Overlooked this gem. =))

And edit: way to make light of a guy's jaw getting rearranged. If I remember you don't have an alliance to one team right? You are just a butt hurt Crosby fan that couldn't bear to see him get bounced last round against the Rangers? His leadership called into question? Hmmm
    rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

Overlooked this gem. =))

Agreed it was reckless ... so when is the NHL going to protect a defenseless goalie? Also agree that I am a fan of Crosby, also agree his leadership should be questioned as well as his post-season production lately. As i've said all along eliminate the instigator rule and the star players will shine in post-season ... which is what the NHL should strive for.

• Options
    rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

So what make Montreal the most arrogant franchise in the NHL? they like to celebrate their history? their fans? their fans passion? just curious.