Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited May 2014
    One last thing before I'm done lukin, FUCK CROSBY AND YOUR FUCKING CRYBABY PENS. I'm out of here tough guy, you scared me away.... ^#(^
    I give up, u win.....
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Hey how bout that Rene Bourque....
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    nice hat trick from former hawk bourque. cmon froggies, take down the cheap rangers!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Rene had a great game was really flying out there. Tokarski was impressive after giving up 3 quick goals ... He just dug in and battled.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    badbrains said:

One last thing before I'm done lukin, FUCK CROSBY AND YOUR FUCKING CRYBABY PENS. I'm out of here tough guy, you scared me away.... ^#(^
    I give up, u win.....

I think I see the problem ... This is the Montreal thread you need to head over to the Pittsburgh thread ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    C'mon Habbies, one game at a time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    VIDEO: Carey Price takes shots at Canadiens practice

http://www.thescore.com/news/510689

Well ... a surprise start ... maybe? If not tonight, and they win tonight. Maybe game 7 is a real possibility? But first they must get the win tonight. Could fatigue possibly be setting in on the Rangers? Back to back seven game series, and now the games are played every other night. In Game 5 Montreal was able to penetrate and get in some real good shooting lanes ... or the Rangers took game 5 to lightly, but after seeing the collapse of so many teams with 2 games leads this playoff year it would be real foolish not to absolutely finish off your opponent asap. Or Montreal falling behind 3-1 is to big a hole too overcome. Here's hoping they push this to a game 7 ... if not Montreal appears to have a bright future with it's core guys in prime hockey age.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

VIDEO: Carey Price takes shots at Canadiens practice

http://www.thescore.com/news/510689

He's not looking too bad. Hard call - don't want to throw him in if he isn't ready.

Good to see George Parros finally get some ice time :P
  • Options
    Great game by Dustin ... The rest of the team played like shit. Still looks like a promising future for Montreal.

• Options
    Oh yeah I've seen enough of Markov ... He was brutal in this series.

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

Montréal va à côté.

yep !

hey coulda went either way.
    good series .

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Nothing to be upset about. Habs had a great season. Gonna be a sick team next year and your goalie, shit, think of the experience he just learned. Could be the next "one" in net. Congrats habs fans.
  • Options
    Can't win when only your goalie shows up. Won't be sad seeing Vanek gone, and I feel bad for whoever pays him what he goes looking for.

Congrats to the Rangers.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Seriously, the only players names I know (and I routed HARD for the Habs) are:

Price
    Subban
    Gionta
    Gallagher
    Briere
    Tokarski
    Terrien
    Bourque
    Eller
    Pacioretti
    Prust
    Plekanec
    and sometimes Markov and Weise

The rest can fly the coop. Heck of a season though boys. Heck of a season. (This, coming from a true blue blood leafs fan)

I'm now routing HARD for the Rangers; the only players names I know are:

Power
    Walker Texas
    Rick
    and Marty St. Louis (he's awesome)

GoooooooOOOOOOO POWER, WALKER TEXAS, RICK RANGERRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZzzzzzz

I'm thanking coffee once again for this post. Has anyone seen this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2ucr74YNk

Rock on, Pilgrims. \m/
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Fuchale, Budaj, Tokarski....we got us some tradin to do!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    badbrains said:

Nothing to be upset about. Habs had a great season. Gonna be a sick team next year and your goalie, shit, think of the experience he just learned. Could be the next "one" in net. Congrats habs fans.

agreed. i don't think the series would have turned out much different if price were in net. dustin was fantastic and gave the habs a chance to win every game. future is bright with that one.

the rangers had two grueling 7 game series and it's easy to make an excuse for fatigue, but damn... that montreal/boston series was something else. going toe to toe with the bruins for 7 straight physical games, yikes. you could see it last night... your guys stop skating and were coasting for the last 7-10 minutes of the third.

• Options
    rival. said:

badbrains said:

agreed. i don't think the series would have turned out much different if price were in net. dustin was fantastic and gave the habs a chance to win every game. future is bright with that one.

the rangers had two grueling 7 game series and it's easy to make an excuse for fatigue, but damn... that montreal/boston series was something else. going toe to toe with the bruins for 7 straight physical games, yikes. you could see it last night... your guys stop skating and were coasting for the last 7-10 minutes of the third.

Couple guys were getting double shifted too, brutal. Whenever we had the energy Lunkhead was there to stop em. That blocker save was nuts.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Rygar said:

rival. said:

badbrains said:

Couple guys were getting double shifted too, brutal. Whenever we had the energy Lunkhead was there to stop em. That blocker save was nuts.

Loved the header, too.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Have to cheer for
    Rygar said:

Fuchale, Budaj, Tokarski....we got us some tradin to do!

I Think they are keeping Fuchale, they spent a high draft pick on him. Tokarski is likely Price's backup next year, Budai will likely be the odd man out.

• Options
    rival. said:

agreed. i don't think the series would have turned out much different if price were in net.

With Price in net the series could have been different, Price has the ability to steal a game or 2, Tokarski gave Montreal a chance. I'll take a goalie who can steal games over goalies who give you a chance anytime. With that said and under the circumstance's Dustin played well ... But injuries are part of the game.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

rival. said:

agreed. i don't think the series would have turned out much different if price were in net.

With Price in net the series could have been different, Price has the ability to steal a game or 2, Tokarski gave Montreal a chance. I'll take a goalie who can steal games over goalies who give you a chance anytime. With that said and under the circumstance's Dustin played well ... But injuries are part of the game.
    Good points but I think the lack of energy and finish in our skaters might have outdone even Price's abilities.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    and lets not forget how awful price was in game 1 before injury. rygar, you keep mentioning how streaky he is. who knows... his game 1 could have been a sign of what was to come.

• Options
    rival. said:

and lets not forget how awful price was in game 1 before injury. rygar, you keep mentioning how streaky he is. who knows... his game 1 could have been a sign of what was to come.

A valid point, but look at Lunkhead game 5 to 6...same idea. Price was a lot more consistent in these playoffs than in previous years I'm happy to say. A bad 2 periods in the 3rd round and a bad game in the second.

• Options
    Rygar said:

lukin2006 said:

rival. said:

Good points but I think the lack of energy and finish in our skaters might have outdone even Price's abilities.
    agreed ... only 1 player showed up last night. I still maintain the loss of Weiss was huge, he was having a monster playoff and was easily one of Montreal top 6 forwards.

• Options
    rival. said:

It was 2-1 when he was injured ... he gave up 2 late 2nd period goals after the injury, so he was hardly awful. Tokarski gave Montreal a chance to win, Price has the ability to steal games. Big big difference in my opinion.

• Options
    Yeah he was impressive, lots of energy and heart to that guy. I still have lots of faith in Markov. Most players start to look shitty when they're getting doubled up.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

rival. said:

It was 2-1 when he was injured ... he gave up 2 late 2nd period goals after the injury, so he was hardly awful. Tokarski gave Montreal a chance to win, Price has the ability to steal games. Big big difference in my opinion.
    This is a good point. I overlook that injury to goal ratio too.
  • Options
    Yes Carey Price was streaky ... lets not forget this is his 7 th NHL season and he's only 26 ... he was not given the luxury to learn the game in the minors for 3 or 4 years. Carey Price is the real deal ... there is not a goalie in the world I'd take over Price. Price has won world Junior gold and olympic gold and will eventually win a stanley cup.

• Options
    I have liked Price for a while but that streakiness has been a bit of an expectation. This year was notably better for him and really it was great to see. Hoping for more of the same 2014-2015.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Tokarski is gonna be a great player in the NHL
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life