Heroes

Comments

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    It is just me or does anyone else think this new season is pretty weak? Sure their are some good character developments, but to storyline is so slow and I can't stand the new speedy girl (Daphne), and the Hiro as a 10 years old scenario is just plain stupid. The Petrelli situation is interesting, as well as the sylar and parkman developments, but the rest is really bland! Come on Heroes, get back on track, the show has such great potential!

Even the shortened second season was better than this one. You would think the writers are still on strike with the way this season is going.

Bring on Lost!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • jervin007 wrote:
    It is just me or does anyone else think this new season is pretty weak? Sure their are some good character developments, but to storyline is so slow and I can't stand the new speedy girl (Daphne), and the Hiro as a 10 years old scenario is just plain stupid. The Petrelli situation is interesting, as well as the sylar and parkman developments, but the rest is really bland! Come on Heroes, get back on track, the show has such great potential!

Even the shortened second season was better than this one. You would think the writers are still on strike with the way this season is going.

Bring on Lost!
    it's been an odd season for sure. better than the last one, but hopefully it'll get better. sylar's been the best thing about this season....the fact he's turned bad again, i dunno, i hope he has more internal conflict as that was more interesting to me.

thank GOD they don't have mohinder as much, along with the black-eyed chick he was hooking up with. they both annoyed the hell outta me!
  • I love it! Last night was the best by far. I liked the Hiro and Claire thing. Its time for Peter to get his powers back. Its time for Nathan to die.
    I'll be back
    I love it! Last night was the best by far. I liked the Hiro and Claire thing. Its time for Peter to get his powers back. Its time for Nathan to die.

Last nights episode was pretty good. I actually like the Nathan thing, will make for a good story. For a second I thought Peter was going to get his powers back when the eclipse ended, but didn't happen! Still doesn't excuse for all the crap episodes they have aired though.

Daphne needs to run herself right out of the storyline, she is easily the most annoying character on the show. The crutches thing, good god that was bad. I really like Hiro as a character, but I think the 10 year old thing was a horrible decision. If I was Ando I would have bitch slapped him into adulthood!

It just doesn't seem like any of the new characters have any real depth and the villains are just plain bad. No one really jumped out at me as a bad ass, with the exception of Sylar. Takezo Kensei (Adam Monroe) was a cool character, its a shame they killed him off. The sad thing is, the villains are way cooler than the lame group of heroes.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i thought it ended a bit weak, but there is more to come in the next series!
    series 3 has been a lot better than 2
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    I'm pissed my (I mean Sylar's) girlfriend bit it at the end of the episode, but oh well...I have a feeling she'll be back with some time travel stuff, b/c Sylar has a kid later in life. He's a single dad later, but it does bode well for her return. Whoever said the baddies are more interesting is right, except for the dad he's just annoying. I guess I don't get the hate for Speedy, she's a new character and needs a little bit more time to get interesting IMO. Anyway looking forward to next week...and for the love of god give Peter his power back...it's more fun when the good guys and bad guys are at even strength.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    What is up with all the hate for Daphne? I dig her charector and the story they have been doing with her.

I have really enjoyed the past 5 episodes or so. It seemed the season started off very poorly but they switched into high gear now.

I don't really care for the Hiro is a 10 year old crap. That is my only complaint really.

Bennett was cold blooded when he was going after Sylar that was fun to watch
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    What is up with all the hate for Daphne? I dig her charector and the story they have been doing with her.

I have really enjoyed the past 5 episodes or so. It seemed the season started off very poorly but they switched into high gear now.

I don't really care for the Hiro is a 10 year old crap. That is my only complaint really.

Bennett was cold blooded when he was going after Sylar that was fun to watch

I think personally I have pinpointed my dislike for her character to the actress who plays her, I just think she is really annoying. A different casting call would have been an improvement.
    PJ:

• I'm still on the fence with season 3. I like some story lines like the Petrellis, Sylar, and the Bennets. Don't really care for Hiro the 10 year old, Suresh as the mutant, or the Traci Strauss character. The Parkman/Daphne line has potential, but it's still got some room to get better.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    intodeep wrote:

I agree, the first 7 or so episodes were definitely subpar, but the last 4 or 5 have been very good.

I actually really like what's going on with Hiro. I think the whole use of the comic book is great and I really loved him taking Claire back in time to that scene where they see Noah Bennett getting Claire, that was very first season-esque.

I actually have found Sylar really annoying recently. At first I thought he was the best character by far this season with the most depth, and the most internal conflict and that was interesting. But at this point he is so easily manipulated by everyone that I find him to be kind of a bitch.

Also, I really don't like how fast Matt Parkman "fell in love" with Daphne. Way too quick. It would have been cooler if he just thought it was important to save her, but to be in love after just seeing them together in the future, yeah right.

Can't wait for next week.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    yosi wrote:
    I agree, the first 7 or so episodes were definitely subpar, but the last 4 or 5 have been very good.

I actually really like what's going on with Hiro. I think the whole use of the comic book is great and I really loved him taking Claire back in time to that scene where they see Noah Bennett getting Claire, that was very first season-esque.

I actually have found Sylar really annoying recently. At first I thought he was the best character by far this season with the most depth, and the most internal conflict and that was interesting. But at this point he is so easily manipulated by everyone that I find him to be kind of a bitch.

Also, I really don't like how fast Matt Parkman "fell in love" with Daphne. Way too quick. It would have been cooler if he just thought it was important to save her, but to be in love after just seeing them together in the future, yeah right.

Parkman and Sylar are both really bitchy lately, I agree with that. I just want Sylar to be bad ass again and some sort of battle where he just chases Hiro through time would be really sweet.
    yosi wrote:

Was that Noah Bennett that Claire was given to? For some reason I thought it was Nathan and implied that she wasn't he actual daughter. Might have totally overlooked the obvious though, i was crashing as the episode ended :)

Just watched the ending again, it was Noah, my mistake.
    PJ:

ryan198 wrote:
    Parkman and Sylar are both really bitchy lately, I agree with that. I just want Sylar to be bad ass again and some sort of battle where he just chases Hiro through time would be really sweet.

Yea, that could definitely be cool. Although part of me would prefer to keep the time traveling to a minimum (unless its in the form of a spirit walk where you are just seeing the future and not actually in it) because stories involving time travel often get very confusing/paradoxical/illogical.

Also, it seems as if there is always at least one person on the show that is a bitch (at least this season). For a while it was Peter, who was just so easily manipulated and wouldn't stand up for himself at all, but the last episode or two he was fine. If it wasn't Peter, Hiro was acting like a complete moron. If not Hiro, than Sylar, Mohinder, etc. For god's sake, can we have one episode please where there is no whining... (Not to whine or anything :D)
    yosi wrote:
    Yea, that could definitely be cool. Although part of me would prefer to keep the time traveling to a minimum (unless its in the form of a spirit walk where you are just seeing the future and not actually in it) because stories involving time travel often get very confusing/paradoxical/illogical.

Also, it seems as if there is always at least one person on the show that is a bitch (at least this season). For a while it was Peter, who was just so easily manipulated and wouldn't stand up for himself at all, but the last episode or two he was fine. If it wasn't Peter, Hiro was acting like a complete moron. If not Hiro, than Sylar, Mohinder, etc. For god's sake, can we have one episode please where there is no whining... (Not to whine or anything :D)
    haha...hopefully. In terms of the time travel thing I just think it could be exciting if Sylar got that ability and just started chasing Hiro through a series of blinks to a new place then Hiro realizes he's f'd and brings Sylar to a spot where a gun is to his head or something. Something that I've thought about anyway.
    I can tolerate "Lost" dishing out confusing and kind of slow because the character development is so good, Heroes not so much. They need a stretch of badass episodes.
    PJ:

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    jervin007 wrote:
    Was that Noah Bennett that Claire was given to? For some reason I thought it was Nathan and implied that she wasn't he actual daughter. Might have totally overlooked the obvious though, i was crashing as the episode ended :)

Just watched the ending again, it was Noah, my mistake.

that was back in season 1 where that happened, just bought it back into the storyline now.

Looking like Hiro and Claire will have a big storyline together in the next series
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Looks like the show is going to be getting some writing help. Nice to bring back the man who helped mold season one into its kickass form. I sense good things on the horizon for this season!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39313
    PJ:

Looking like Hiro and Claire will have a big storyline together in the next series

I think a Claire/Hiro story line has really good potential. The two of them could kind of learn off each other and "grow up" and learn to use their powers together. It would create a good balance I think.

To be honest, I think they need to cut Matt Parkman's story down, a lot. I no longer find him interesting at all. He doesn't really add any depth to the show, and just takes time away from some of the better stories.

With regards to Sylar, they need to stick with one direction for his story. Either make him struggle to be good (which I think is more interesting) or make him bad. Having him switch from good to bad every episode and constantly being manipulated by everyone around him is annoying as hell.

I hope that a bunch of the more annoying characters die off at the end of this half season, and that when the show comes back in the spring, it is much more focused on the core group (Claire, Peter/Nathan, Hiro, Sylar and possibly Mohinder but not in this annoying way they have him now).
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone here read the online Heroes comics? I just started reading them and am about 30 issues through. They start off kind of weak, but they get pretty good and interesting. Especially all the Hana Gittleman storyline stuff.
  • http://www.heroestelevision.com/heroes-webisodes-the-recruit-spoilers-volume-3-finale/

I guess tomorrows ep ends season 3? 4 starts in Feb. Short season like season 2.
    I'll be back
    http://www.heroestelevision.com/heroes-webisodes-the-recruit-spoilers-volume-3-finale/

I guess tomorrows ep ends season 3? 4 starts in Feb. Short season like season 2.

Technically they're splitting season 3 into two halves. First half of season 3 ends tomorrow. Second half of season 3 starts in Feb.
    yosi wrote:
    Technically they're splitting season 3 into two halves. First half of season 3 ends tomorrow. Second half of season 3 starts in Feb.

Damn :( over after tonight for two months almost
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Damn :( over after tonight for two months almost

Yea, it sucks, but at least its coming back in two months, and we're not stuck waiting till next fall.
  • I thought next monday was the last episode til the spring?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I thought next monday was the last episode til the spring?

Whoops! You are correct.
    Pretty good episode tonight. A little sappy in parts, but loved the confrontation at the end. Sylar is definitely the best character on the show. Hope Pete's powers return to him after his fathers death though.
    PJ:

Damn...that was a bad ass episode. Can't believe Peter toasted his dad...what's big bro gonna do without his boss?
    Very cool episode. I'm not sure how Arthur time traveled back to hiro. Did i miss something? When did he get that power.

I even enjoyed the sappy parts i think it adds to the show.

I was sad to see Elle dead. I think she is really dead because it always said "guest starring" Kristen Bell which lead me to believe she had a finite roll. Which is too bad i dug her.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Very cool episode. I'm not sure how Arthur time traveled back to hiro. Did i miss something? When did he get that power.

I even enjoyed the sappy parts i think it adds to the show.

I was sad to see Elle dead. I think she is really dead because it always said "guest starring" Kristen Bell which lead me to believe she had a finite roll. Which is too bad i dug her.

Arthur got the time travel/teleport power when he took Peters powers. I thought it was a really good episode, seems they are bringing the season together pretty well. Sylar as a killer again is good. I am curious if they are going to give Peter his power back.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...