Heroes

Comments

• dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    aNiMaL wrote:
    What's with the Indian guy whose professor father died?

His father was researching a way to track down those with enhanced abilities. Of course, you know that after last night's episode.

Claire's dad is the "bad guy" so far, but he's definitely not working alone, because he's been on the phone with someone who seems like a "higher-up."

The ending tonight was certainly a twist. All I've gotta say is some pimple-faced geekboy got to feel up Hayden Panettierre, all in the name of entertainment. Bastard.
  • another great episode! this show is not disappointing that is for sure.

i have to wonder if the guy sitting at the table in the bar is sylar?...and what is going to happen in vegas when hiro gets there...to help micah and his mom perhaps?

the final scene with claire was awesome!
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    what else has the creator of this show worked on?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    This show along with Studio 60 has made Monday night TV enjoyable again. I have become hooked on both of them.

I was thinking the same thing about the guy sitting at the bar. It was kind of creepy with that stare and only hearing silence. I'm wondering how the heroes all find out that they are supposed to help the cheerleader and/or Micah and his mom. There has to be some kind of event to bring them all together.
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Great show last night, good to see them starting to bring the characters together. I missed the part where the police showed up at the apartment. What happened? Was there nothing there?

Did we see who cut into the cheerleader?
  • jamestr wrote:
    Great show last night, good to see them starting to bring the characters together. I missed the part where the police showed up at the apartment. What happened? Was there nothing there?

Did we see who cut into the cheerleader?

when mohinder took the police to sylar's apartment everything was gone. the place was empty. i'm assuming he still has his pics though.

it looked like a morgue, and that the coroner was conducting an autopsy on claire. they didn't show anything really, other than someone pulling the stick out of the back of her head and her waking up to an empty room later. i guess it will be difficult for her to hide her secret from now on...
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    That was a good episode, but I kinda think that they need to build up the characters a bit more, but the show is still very new. I'm sure they'll get around to it.
  • I think...

The chic with Mohinder is probably a spy of some sort working for the bad guys...

The guy at the bar whose thoughts the cop could NOT read... he's with the bad guys too.

Hiro can't really teleport so much as he can manipulate time.

Sylar is an idividual with very strong telekinetic powers (ala Phoenix of the Xmen) and killed the professor after he would help Sylar find the other supers...

The kid brother of the politician is more of an empath... he uses the powers of the people around him but only when in a very emotional state... when emotions are high he simply siphons power from others and makes them his own. It kind of explains his job as being a pallative care giver... it also explains why he fell flat on his face falling from those monkey bars...

For me the stripper is by far the most intruiging character becasue of the complete lack of morals that her "other" shows... obviosuly a "protecter" of some sort... but someone who won't stop until the threat is completely eliminated...something very UNHERO like in nature.

I love this show... and KNOW it's going to get better...

Cheers,

R3
    ...can't touch the bottom....
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    Maybe the guy at the bar whose thoughts couldn't be read is Micah's father?

And does anyone else think that Niki's (Micah's mom) power could be Astral Projection?

Has everyone seen the comic books, with additional info, on the nbc site?
    http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

I love this show. :)

Love,
    Kat
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Kat wrote:
    Maybe the guy at the bar whose thoughts couldn't be read is Micah's father?

And does anyone else think that Niki's (Micah's mom) power could be Astral Projection?

Has everyone seen the comic books, with additional info, on the nbc site?
    http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

I love this show. :)

Love,
    Kat

Interesting thoughts/ideas.

Does Simone/Devere (Isaac's girlfriend and Peter's friend) have any powers? It's interesting she's on the main screen and listed in with the cast.
  • i think it's possible that niki's alternate persona is actually the one who killed the people her husband is accused of killing. could be why she ended up burying the other guys in the same place and found the ring.
    My brother showed me a web site that had some still pictures from the show, pictures of DNA looking strands hidden around different scenes, anyone know what that is? I mean other than just being DNA looking strands hidden around in different scenes.

Like on mohinders laptop, all that code had that symbol on it. also on one of the characters t shirts.
  • MrBrian wrote:
    My brother showed me a web site that had some still pictures from the show, pictures of DNA looking strands hidden around different scenes, anyone know what that is? I mean other than just being DNA looking strands hidden around in different scenes.

Like on mohinders laptop, all that code had that symbol on it. also on one of the characters t shirts.

it was also on the cover of his father's book, in the pool when the officer was being questioned about how he heard the little girl in the house, and in several of isaac's paintings...probably more, but those were the ones i noticed.
  • it was also on the cover of his father's book, in the pool when the officer was being questioned about how he heard the little girl in the house, and in several of isaac's paintings...probably more, but those were the ones i noticed.

There was another one written on the edge of Claire's school book... the one she was taking out of her locker

Anyone else notice that Nathan Petrelli is the candidate in the riding (can't remember the name for the electoral boundary he is running for being Canadian riding is the only name I could think of to describe it... lol )where Mohinder is living now...

Cheers,

R3
    Sugar Ray wrote:
    There was another one written on the edge of Claire's school book... the one she was taking out of her locker

Cheers,

R3

Got some,

http://moonoversun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77
  • This show is one of my favs this season.

One of the main reasons why I do enjoy it so much is the deliberate lack of character development so far. The series is taking its time in introducing the characters, and it helps the intrigue. I hate new series which lay all of their cards on the table in the pilot episode.

Sylar is one bad mo'fo. In the way he's been depicted so far, it makes me wonder if it may be some kind of swerve. Perhaps he's been misguided to do bad deeds by other evildoers, but may see him do a turn in helping to save the future later on? Just my theory.
    This show is one of my favs this season.

One of the main reasons why I do enjoy it so much is the deliberate lack of character development so far. The series is taking its time in introducing the characters, and it helps the intrigue. I hate new series which lay all of their cards on the table in the pilot episode.

Just that at times the show feels too, I dunno, compressed? Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. "Lost" is the opposite, each character get's hrs of work. so you really learn about them which is kinda cool.

But anyway, I only watch a few TV shows, whenever I try to pick up another show/series, I just can't get into it. most of the ones have bad stories and bad acting.

Lost,shark,heroes and curb your enthusiasm to me are the best shows right now on TV.
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523

Exactly. You're really getting to know the characters, and in some way empathize, rather than the producers forcing us to root for them right off the bat.
  • Anyone else jacked up for tonight's episode? Seriously Ihave been enjoying the slower pace of the character development, but I also want more of the story as well...

My question is... are we going to get to the finale of this story BEFORE the end of the season... or at the start of NEXT season... or worse... even LATER?

Cheers,

R3
  • psyched for tonight indeed, sugar ray! :)
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    i honestly just want to watch to see how that girl will get off that table and put herself back together
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    How many episodes have their been so far?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    How many episodes have their been so far?

Tonight is the 4 th.... If you missed an episode you can watch them on NBC.com....

I too want to see how Claire pulls herself off the table and how she explains away the whole death thing...

Cheers,

R3
  • I don't know much about the director, producer, etc of this show... but it seems like it's writing style, direction, etc is completely ripped off of LOST.

I like both shows, but does anyone else see the exact same production between the 2 shows?

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• great episode :) ...loving this show! the endings with claire, and hiro on the subway were awesome!
  • never watched an episode because i thought the whole premise and preview looked ridiculously beyond stupid. looked to me like a blatant rip off of x-men. even if it wasn't, the show looked pretty terrible to me. but that's my two sense.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • never watched an episode because i thought the whole premise and preview looked ridiculously beyond stupid. looked to me like a blatant rip off of x-men. even if it wasn't, the show looked pretty terrible to me. but that's my two sense.

hey, you are entitled to your $.02.

but I am HOOKED on this show! I haven't watched a regular TV show (with the exception of "ER" on and off) and I love how this show has my mind thinking ahead of "what is next?".

Tonight:
    LOVE how Claire crashed the car into the wall after recovering from the autopsy table. :eek: ....gross!
    Niki seems closer to becoming *one* with her alter ego or at least working with switching "personalities"....and we saw a glimpse of the symbol in the form of a tattoo.
    Hiro or "Hero" (a clever play at names.....hmmm) is getting used to his powers, for better or worse.
    The cop is in trouble with the potential "Sylar" and Claire's dad. We saw a brief moment with him at the beginning of the show.

Great show and hey, after it ended, I flipped over to cheer on the Bears to a miraculous win. Unbelieveable victory! :D
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
    Now that was a great episode. the preview for next weeks looks even better.
    ----

That whole scene with Hiro getting punched was pretty funny,
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    My roomate has recorded all the episodes on his computer with media center and has burned each episode to DVD for me to watch... :)

So i watched the first episode and i'm excited to watch the next three. I won't say i'm hooked but i'm gonna give it a shot. So far i dig hiro a lot.

It sucks they put it on against Monday Night Football. What the hell were they thinking....
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Love this show so far. I have to say, each episode is sucking me in even more.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!