Options

December Weight Loss Challenge

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Last weigh in. Didn't lose any. Finished off at 191lbs. 7lb loss for the month. Not bad considering what I ate on XMAS!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I haven't posted in a couple weeks but here are my results as of this morning. Tomorrow is day 28. I weighed in at 202 lbs. this morning. I started at 218 on December 3. I have limited my calories to around 1500 per day. I had 4 very bad days from December 22-25 but I really think that got my metabolism moving. I had been stuck at 208 for several days but lost a bunch since then. The main thing I can attribute the weight loss to is cutting out alcohol and fast food. I have had drinks on 3 occasions this month but in moderation. My last drink was on the 21st and I only had one bourbon and diet Coke. I haven't eaten fast food the entire month which is a big deal for me since I used to eat it 5 days a week on average. I feel much healthier overall. I haven't been to the gym in about 3 weeks which is bad so I definitely am going to get started back. My goal is 180 lbs. by April 23 (birthday) and I feel I can achieve that. My total weight loss this month was 16 lbs. I'm ecstatic! I guess drinking and fast food really do make you fat, huh?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I haven't posted in a couple weeks but here are my results as of this morning. Tomorrow is day 28. I weighed in at 202 lbs. this morning. I started at 218 on December 3. I have limited my calories to around 1500 per day. I had 4 very bad days from December 22-25 but I really think that got my metabolism moving. I had been stuck at 208 for several days but lost a bunch since then. The main thing I can attribute the weight loss to is cutting out alcohol and fast food. I have had drinks on 3 occasions this month but in moderation. My last drink was on the 21st and I only had one bourbon and diet Coke. I haven't eaten fast food the entire month which is a big deal for me since I used to eat it 5 days a week on average. I feel much healthier overall. I haven't been to the gym in about 3 weeks which is bad so I definitely am going to get started back. My goal is 180 lbs. by April 23 (birthday) and I feel I can achieve that. My total weight loss this month was 16 lbs. I'm ecstatic! I guess drinking and fast food really do make you fat, huh?

Congratulations! Those are incredible results!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Congratulations! Those are incredible results!
    Thanks a bunch. I know it's a lot of weight in a short amount of time but I made some serious changes. I'm not starving myself or taking diet pills. I'm just eating healthy and controlling portion sizes. I still have a long way to go but I'm determined to get to my goal of 180!
    adam42381 wrote:
    Thanks a bunch. I know it's a lot of weight in a short amount of time but I made some serious changes. I'm not starving myself or taking diet pills. I'm just eating healthy and controlling portion sizes. I still have a long way to go but I'm determined to get to my goal of 180!

I'm still shooting for 175. Hope to hit it by the beginning of March. I'm doing what you're doing. Cutting out the crap (well most of it), exercising more, and never starving myself. Keep up the good work!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    adam42381 wrote:
    I had 4 very bad days from December 22-25 but I really think that got my metabolism moving. I had been stuck at 208 for several days but lost a bunch since then.
    Remember that. Refeeds will almost always break a plateau...if you make them clean (meaning keep the carbs high but the fat as low as possible), you'll get even better results. I take one day every 3 weeks or so and eat about 700g of carbs, but only about 25g of fat...carbs will come from mostly white bagels, waffles, and pretzels. Most cereals will do the trick as well.

haha I always end up posting about this, but I think it's where so many people go wrong. They lose 10lbs, then stop losing, so they just give up totally, when all they need is a refeed.

I got down about 8lbs this month total.

::thumbs up::
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Remember that. Refeeds will almost always break a plateau...if you make them clean (meaning keep the carbs high but the fat as low as possible), you'll get even better results. I take one day every 3 weeks or so and eat about 700g of carbs, but only about 25g of fat...carbs will come from mostly white bagels, waffles, and pretzels. Most cereals will do the trick as well.

haha I always end up posting about this, but I think it's where so many people go wrong. They lose 10lbs, then stop losing, so they just give up totally, when all they need is a refeed.

I got down about 8lbs this month total.

::thumbs up::

Great job everybody! So who lost the greatest % of weight. That was the challenge back a few pages for a PJ bootleg DVD.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Great job everybody! So who lost the greatest % of weight. That was the challenge back a few pages for a PJ bootleg DVD.
    If I did the math properly, I lost about 8%. Anybody else?