Options

December Weight Loss Challenge

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok folks it's back. It's that time of the year to eat, drink, and be merry! It's also that time to gain a fourth chin and a third ass. So to those of us who want to avoid that last part we will be having a December weight loss challenge. Just like in September feel free to post as little or as much as you would like on the weigh in days. We can use the same weigh in dates so post your results on:

12/1
12/8
12/15
12/22
12/29

Good luck to all and remember you're not just prolonging your life, but also shortening your hangover!
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Count me in for 5 pounds. I'm having surgery on my foot next week so I won't be able to report the weight loss till I get the caste off but I'm still in. Guess I'll have a strict diet....no exercise for me!
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i don't get it. what's the plan?
  • Options
    i don't get it. what's the plan?

Do whatever you need to do to lose weight. Exercise more, eat less, crack, training dogs for fighting, 24 hour masturbation marathon, whatever. Then come by once a week to log your process. When people attempt things as a group better results usually will arise.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    i'm with ya!
    i've been working on a 'lifestyle' plan/change for a good while....lost i think about 25 lbs since january....slow and steady. used to be so thin...ad then, not :o...hahaha. got back in shape a couple years ago and then didn't stick with it. :( so thus the new 'plan'.....and the slower loss. it's all good tho, i definitely want to allow my indulgences but absolutely stay focused on my long term goals......so i'm in! i'll report pound changes.

btw - i think the 'plan' is simply to encourage all with their weightloss goals, and a bit of 'reporting' helps to keep the focus.

i definitely want to be a new me in 2008.....hope to reach my goal for valentine's day! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    mookie9999 wrote:
    , 24 hour masturbation marathon,

a great way to burn all those holiday calories

ha
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    Okay. I'm in. I've lost about 50 pounds since July and I'm hoping to have about 10 more off by the end of the year. I really need the encouragment since my roommate thinks I would be happier if I just put the 50 back on plus a little more (he's a really overweight, and I think a little jealouse).
    Show me potato salald!!!
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    dude i'm in...i started the year at a nice round 203, and am down to between 178-182 right now. I'd like to get down to my BMI suggeted 172 by sometime next year, and break 177 by the end of the month. So i'll weigh in on the first. good luck all.
  • Options
    jojo wrote:
    a great way to burn all those holiday calories

ha

I gotta tell you it's the gift that keeps on giving!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    damn...the holidays are always filled with festive parties, definitely makes it more challenging. just been informed tomorrow is a going away party for 2 work colleagues...thursday i have another work party for all the 'new hires' although i've now been here 4 months....hahaha. jammer meet-up on the 7th and 4! :eek: holiday parties the week of the 17th-22nd. yikes. i will have to be EXTRA diligent on the 'off' days to allow some indulgence AND still manage to lose a few too. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    This is going to be hella difficult for me considering I have a baby shower, my birthday, and Christmas all in one month. But by golly I'm gonna try!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i think im around 195-200 for the first time in my life and wanna get back to 175 where i should be. it's not really noticeable except in a little extra padding in the gut, but i can feel it and don't like it. i havent been able to get in an exercise routine though.
  • Options
    i think im around 195-200 for the first time in my life and wanna get back to 175 where i should be. it's not really noticeable except in a little extra padding in the gut, but i can feel it and don't like it. i havent been able to get in an exercise routine though.

I am exactly where you are! 198lbs and wanting to get down to 175. I have a fairly consistant exercise routine of 3-4 times a week for 1-1.5 hours (plus the crack intake).
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    This is going to be hella difficult for me considering I have a baby shower, my birthday, and Christmas all in one month. But by golly I'm gonna try!

well i managed to celebrate my birthday and thanksgiving, a 4 day weekend/celebration, and while i didn't LOSE any weight...i also managed NOT to GAIN any either. given how i indulged in some food and drink....tis good, and doable. i figure if i am diligent on the 'off' days, i can still indulge and manage to lose too over the course of the month. as i mentioned earlier, i am losing a LOT more slowly, but i am also managing to do so while still 'living'...and i think for me, that 'balance' is the key for lifelong changes, and getting into my sexyass jeans again in the new year. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I'm in.

I've been carrying a spare tire around for far too long.

I guess this means I'll need to buy a scale. And my goal is to lose a healthy, slow and steady 2-3 lbs a week.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    okay...if someone will bug the hell outta me to actually get up off my lazy bum and work out, i'm totally down for this challenge...i love a challenge :) i always get off to a great start and then get off track...boo!

this would be the perfect opportunity for me to actually utilize the workout armband that i just bought for my ipod!! it's still sitting in the packaging on my counter.

i will conservatively say that i'd like to lose 5 pounds. with 10 pounds being my stretch goal!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    I am so in.. I am still trying to reach my 50lb weight loss goal. I want to wear a bikini for the first time ever this summer.

Back in college I reached 203lbs, then dropped a lot some due to atkins, and then gained some of it back, but not all of it.. so I started a healthy life style of watching calories, and portions, and no snacking.. I also joined a gym. So in March I started my goal of losing 50lbs, and wearing a bikini this summer, and I am down 33 of those 50 pounds.. Having to report in, might help me. I've been at a standstill for a little while.
  • Options
    This sounds interesting, though I am not willing to post my weight on here. I've definitely put on a few pounds in the last year with my schedule and my drinking habits... it's way past time to lose it. This could be a good motivation for me.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    I'm all over this.

Since I quit smoking 3 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours and 15 seconds ago, I have gained 9 lbs and I feel disgusting! It is -almost- to the point where I want to smoke again!

That is insane and I'm embarassed to feel that way. :( I really need to hit the gym and hopefully, this Challenge will help motivate me.

Good luck everyone and is there a prize? :D
  • Options
    I'm all over this.

Since I quit smoking 3 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours and 15 seconds ago, I have gained 9 lbs and I feel disgusting! It is -almost- to the point where I want to smoke again!

That is insane and I'm embarassed to feel that way. :( I really need to hit the gym and hopefully, this Challenge will help motivate me.

Good luck everyone and is there a prize? :D

Thats awesome on the quitting smoking! Stay strong! I'll motivate you to lose it, as long as you never smoke again!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
    I'm in. It will be a hoot because I tried to lose weight over two months this summer, and I lost . . . 1 POUND! Obviously, I need a different approach then what I had this summer, eh?

I'm totally in awe of those that can accomplish their weight goals. I can accomplish my running goals, and that may be the foundation of what I can accomplish with this challenge.

We shall see. . .
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    I'm getting a major high off circuit training to failure (every set..with no rest between sets). Strictly weights, no cardio, actually the weights become the cardio. It's savage, but it puts your metabolism through the roof. After about a month of 4 days a week your lungs begin to acclimatize, and it's the best of both worlds. Muscle retention + cardiovascular development. Diet can actually loosen up a bit, but still keep it clean, and make sure to get the carbs back into your muscles within the golden hour after working out. Within that period your muscles just soak em all up...no storage. I feel like I've opened the Pandora's box of fat burning.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I'm getting a major high off circuit training to failure (every set..with no rest between sets). Strictly weights, no cardio, actually the weights become the cardio. It's savage, but it puts your metabolism through the roof. After about a month of 4 days a week your lungs begin to acclimatize, and it's the best of both worlds. Muscle retention + cardiovascular development. Diet can actually loosen up a bit, but still keep it clean, and make sure to get the carbs back into your muscles within the golden hour after working out. Within that period your muscles just soak em all up...no storage. I feel like I've opened the Pandora's box of fat burning.

That was my favorite kind of workout way back in high school. We might of done it slightly different. We would rotate machines and had 30 seconds between sets to get to the next station and get ready to go.

I might try duplicating this at home with some ankle and wrist weights while doing calisthenics. I miss my muscles.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    I am so in, would love to lose this extra 10 lb's that my eternal love for beer has earned me around my waist.

any ladies out there want to exchange pm's as a motivation tool? or am i a tool for asking that lol. I feel like that would keep me on pace... I know myself and 3 days in-- i'll stop checking in on the thread and find any reason not to do it.

But as of right now I am in, and that means my own personal workout and choosing not to go eat out of boredom.
  • Options
    I'm in! Only instead of losing weight I want to maintain my 120 lbs. Many of you know I lost 25 lbs. this year. I've gained 3 lbs. back, but I'm happy with 120. I would like to get back into a workout routine... it's just that December is probably the most difficult month of the year for me. I want to make a different cookie every day between now and Christmas, plus I'm taking the fam on a Disneyland trip next week. I'll do my best, though!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    I'm in! Only instead of losing weight I want to maintain my 120 lbs. Many of you know I lost 25 lbs. this year. I've gained 3 lbs. back, but I'm happy with 120. I would like to get back into a workout routine... it's just that December is probably the most difficult month of the year for me. I want to make a different cookie every day between now and Christmas, plus I'm taking the fam on a Disneyland trip next week. I'll do my best, though!

A different cookie every day for a month? Oh man...you're playing with fire!

Living on he edge, I like that.

MY advice would be to delicately select the choicest most yummiest looking cookies for yourself, then bring the rest to a busy public location to score brownie points, and earn smiles ;)
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,816
    Count me in! I just joined a gym 2 weeks ago and have 12 personal training sessions on my account. We've been doing cardio, free weights and I'm learning kickboxing, so I'm totally psyched.

I don't have a set weight loss goal - just to lose my baby gut (considering my 'baby' is now 7 years old :eek: ) and get healthy enough to get back on a soccer league by the summer of '08.

In two weeks I already dropped a jean's size and survived Italian food/pastry week in NY without gaining anything. Also trying to quit smoking too..!!

It's definitely more motivating when you have support :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    My wifelet recently bought the "Core Rhythms" DVD set, and together we are doing one every morning.
    They are based on Latin dance moves, so rather than the high intensity weights I usually do, I am learning to dance.
    Hard work, tons of core movement, which is the hard part, making me much fitter, tightening up the abs a lot, and loads of fun, plus in six months, I'm gonna be ready to hit the dance floor.
    They are loads of fun, and make exercise much less of a chore than normal.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I still have that extra 10 on me....and need to get back to weight training. I've got the hiking down....I do that every single day with my side kick Petey, we go for at least an hour rain/snow/sun...we never miss our walks. I want to do something every day....even for a few minutes. So I'm in.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    i'm in.

i definitely won't be admitting my weight but i have lost about 10 pounds in the past 6-8 weeks ...
    YAY!!

i'd like to get another 8 or so pounds off by the end of the year.
    my friend's wedding is beginning of jan and i'd be thrilled to lose some poundage.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    I'm glad to see so many signing up! Thanks to Crazy Mary for the idea back in September. Now someone mentioned a prize. I have no problem with providing the winner with a Pearl Jam dvd bootleg of their choice. But how do we determine the winner? Men usually lose more weight than women. I guess we could do two separate results men/women. Thoughts? Other prizes to add? It's up to you. For me, losing me gut is prize enough.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"