The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I bet they are biding their time while they search for someone to give up a low round draft pick for boucher

that would make sense. either boucher or leighton. i'd tell other teams to take your pick of the two.....if we believe bob is the guy for the future and at this point, i don't see why he wouldn't be.

yep. I know they gave leighton 2 years, so you gotta figure boosh will be more appealing to other teams. pretty sure he's a FA after this season.

Like you said, Bob has to be the man at this point. no brainer
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I heard a bad rumor saying that Bob will not be playing the leafs this Thursday. I am going to the game and i wanted to start a bob chant but if this is true it will seem pretty stupid. I understand that the flyers are playing the sharks on wednesday but come on play BOB.

also, i will be sitting right behind the leafs bench and will be making sure that leafs hear how much i think they suck. unless of course all the suits kick me out again. :lol:
  • Im working late wont see the game

Could of had tickets for tonight as well

:evil:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm going to miss at least the 1st period. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    what a crappy way to lose

goal in the last 5 seconds of the first period

3 goal lead in the 3rd.

near goal with time expiring in OT

what a cluster :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    10 more hours til our beloved Flyers crush the hated Leafs. Got tickets to teh game behind leaf bench and will be bothering Kessel all night long. as for yesterday, that 3rd period looked really bad. while i am upset that Bob is not playing goal tonight i think its the smart move.
  • That game was a real ballbreaker. The bottom line is you can't lose when you had a 3-goal lead in the 3rd period. The PP & PK were both awful.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    a pair of goals off face off losses sort of stings a little bit too.

i did enjoy the rare three on three action.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i did enjoy the rare three on three action.

That's what she said....

fife wrote:
    10 more hours til our beloved Flyers crush the hated Leafs. Got tickets to teh game behind leaf bench and will be bothering Kessel all night long. as for yesterday, that 3rd period looked really bad. while i am upset that Bob is not playing goal tonight i think its the smart move.

I think they need to start giving him more games off. He hasn't been as sharp as he was early in the year.
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

I think they need to start giving him more games off. He hasn't been as sharp as he was early in the year.

I agree. I think he is going to be our number 1 goalie but i look for forward to getting Leighton back and let him play some more games. ofcourse I will also miss brian as i think he is a good back-up goalie.
    fife wrote:

i was looking for orange behind the leafs bench but didn't see any.

better game tonight, although the leafs stink, so not sure it counts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the local comcast station carried the game as did tsn

the comcast broadcast picture quality was just brutal. it was like watching a game with fog on the screen. brutal quality. flipped on the tsn broadcast and it was crystal sharp. comcast sucks. sucks more that they are involved in the flyers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    81 wrote:

the comcast broadcast picture quality was just brutal. it was like watching a game with fog on the screen. brutal quality. flipped on the tsn broadcast and it was crystal sharp. comcast sucks. sucks more that they are involved in the flyers

Eh. Depends on who's giving them the feed and all that jazz on the road. And I can't speak for you, but CSN here always looks real good for Philly games except for when they're on the road.
    81 wrote:

Eh. Depends on who's giving them the feed and all that jazz on the road. And I can't speak for you, but CSN here always looks real good for Philly games except for when they're on the road.

must be a philly thing, since all the hawks and bulls game that show up on comcast here look fine, road and away

maybe the signal was beemed one too many times around the world
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

must be a philly thing, since all the hawks and bulls game that show up on comcast here look fine, road and away

Home Hawks games on tv? Now that sounds like an anomaly.
    81 wrote:

:lol: that was by far the dumbest thing ever. i kinda of get the concept. the nfl basically has the same policy, but really, now showing home games in teh home market isn't a great idea. i was happy for the hawks fans to get an NHL franchise after years of suffering. just wish that sufffering would have lasted a little longer last june. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol: that was by far the dumbest thing ever. i kinda of get the concept. the nfl basically has the same policy, but really, now showing home games in teh home market isn't a great idea. i was happy for the hawks fans to get an NHL franchise after years of suffering. just wish that sufffering would have lasted a little longer last june. :lol:

Yeah, the NFL policy I get, but the reason the Hawks did it was because their dead owner was a cheap curmudgeon who believed in an antiquated way of thinking. The best thing that happened to that franchise was their owner dying. Just think - if he's still on life support, we have a Cup.
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

My friend who gets me my tickets said that it was right behind the bench but it was 4 rows up.. was kind of a boring game to be honest. the flyers played as simple as they had to considering the team they were playing was not great.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

My friend who gets me my tickets said that it was right behind the bench but it was 4 rows up.. was kind of a boring game to be honest. the flyers played as simple as they had to considering the team they were playing was not great.

i didn't see any orange behind the toronto bench. you were wearing orange, correct?

they did show a guy with a flyers jersey and a brown hat and a different guy in a flyers jersey holding a sign. were those you. :lol:

the game wasn't overly exciting, but it did get a little chippy after the flyers shot it at the net after an off sides call.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I saw a little of it eating out before the Temple-G-town game. The Leafs are just awful.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Nice to see Little Danny carrying over his play from the playoffs last year

The Leafs are so bad....looking like another lottery pick for the Broons

Saturday will be interesting first game back to the scene of the crime

IMG00051-20100514-2137-480x360.jpg

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    nice win tonight against the Bruins :thumbup: Boosh looked great!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    good win agaist a good team. highly entertaining affair.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    richards is the man. utley jr
    edited December 2010
    ah, mancrush. such a beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWqyNCs8i3g
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited December 2010
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    tie domi was such a bitch. sandy mccarthy...get some. hockey used to be so much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTMX-HNFrV4
    Tomorrow is the big game against the hot pens.if we win we take over 1st overall and 1st in conference. who is going to play in net?
    $5 says Bob is in net. if i am wrong, you can buy me a beer at PJ20. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg