The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Rygar wrote:
    fife wrote:
    great interview with Richards.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=3 ... nhl-flyers

come on flyers lets win one for the home side. should be a great game. i have to admit that i am liking how the habs are playing right now.

also for Rygar, whats with Price throwing the pucks over the boards to fans?
    Just giving some souveniers to the fans!
    Habs are playing well but our offense is touch and go. I wouldn't expect another shutout tonight so if they can't get it going, well.

I agree about your offense but i am not happy with our defense right now. should be a great game between what i call the 2 best fan base in the NHL. i loved your tribute to Pat Burns.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    fife wrote:
    I agree about your offense but i am not happy with our defense right now. should be a great game between what i call the 2 best fan base in the NHL. i loved your tribute to Pat Burns.
    Yeah, RIP Pat. Too bad he didn't get in the Hall this year.

In regards to your defense, feel free to pull a Komisarek and dump it onto Cammalleri's stick alone in the slot, haha!
    Rygar wrote:
    fife wrote:

In regards to your defense, feel free to pull a Komisarek and dump it onto Cammalleri's stick alone in the slot, haha!

Haha KOmizarek, what a waste of what 6 million? hopefully that won't be happening.
    fife wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    fife wrote:

Haha KOmizarek, what a waste of what 6 million? hopefully that won't be happening.
    What a gift.
    It's pretty rare to see a feat like that, so I think you'll be ok.
    Should be a good game.
  • Next time Flyers play Habs in the playoffs, it'll be the 7th meeting. "Series" is tied 3-3, so it would be the "decisive" series.

1973 Semifinals: Canadiens win 4-1 (but Flyers win Game 1 in The Forum)
    1976 Finals: Canadiens win 4-0 (helped by injuries to McCleish & Parent)
    1987 Wales Finals: Flyers win 4-2 (Ed Hospadar & Claude Lemieux pregame brawl)
    1989 Wales Finals: Canadiens win 4-2 (Chelios' cheap shot & Hextall's retaliation)
    2008 Eastern Semis: Flyers win 4-1 (nice Flyers upset beatdown)
    2010 Eastern Finals: Flyers win 4-1 :D (1st 7 vs. 8 Conf Finals)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Next time Flyers play Habs in the playoffs, it'll be the 7th meeting. "Series" is tied 3-3, so it would be the "decisive" series.

1989 Wales Finals: Canadiens win 4-2 (Chelios' cheap shot & Hextall's retaliation)
    So we beat you in '76 to win the Cup, the only series deciding a cup. May as well add Markov's injury to 2010, since you've got a comment on the rest ;)

Next look up season stats.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Next time Flyers play Habs in the playoffs, it'll be the 7th meeting. "Series" is tied 3-3, so it would be the "decisive" series.

So we beat you in '76 to win the Cup, the only series deciding a cup. May as well add Markov's injury to 2010, since you've got a comment on the rest ;)

Next look up season stats.

I didn't look anything up - I'm a little crazy about baseball, football & hockey history.

Do you mean this season or all time regular season? I'm sure the Habs have the edge in all-time reg season.

Obviously my comments would be biased toward the Fly-boys - feel free to add your own. :P ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Rygar wrote:

I didn't look anything up - I'm a little crazy about baseball, football & hockey history.

Do you mean this season or all time regular season? I'm sure the Habs have the edge in all-time reg season.

Obviously my comments would be biased toward the Fly-boys - feel free to add your own. :P ;)
    I meant all time. We have the edge but it's not too bad I don't think. There's only 1 team that has a winning record against me and I forget who it is. Used to be Florida but we are one up on them now.

1-0 isn't very impressive ;)

And you're aware of your own bias, that's ok with me, haha!
  • Rygar wrote:
    Gotta make sure they Goon-it-up for Rygar

:mrgreen:
    It's expected ;)

Besides, you started trash talking before last week's game.

You and I talk trash but don't run in hide like other fans

:crapitals fans:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I want to see someone use Suban's face as a speed bag tonight
    Rygar wrote:
    Gotta make sure they Goon-it-up for Rygar

:mrgreen:
    It's expected ;)

Besides, you started trash talking before last week's game.

You and I talk trash but don't run in hide like other fans

:crapitals fans:
    Yeah Stevie doesn't come back too often, does he?
    The Fixer wrote:
    Under your skin, huh?
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Under your skin, huh?

the guy has barely been in the league for a year and he talks too much. richie is gonna lay his ass out tonight.

keep your head up brotha man
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Under your skin, huh?

the guy has barely been in the league for a year and he talks too much. richie is gonna lay his ass out tonight.

keep your head up brotha man
    He's already a fan favorite.
    He plays with his head up too, so he'll be ok. Won't help if he's facing the other way, of course.
    Rygar wrote:
    He plays with his head up too, so he'll be ok. Won't help if he's facing the other way, of course.

sweet burn

he better have his head on a swivel...dude's got a target on him tonight

I wish the flyers still had downie
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

sweet burn

he better have his head on a swivel...dude's got a target on him tonight

I wish the flyers still had downie
    He can take it. Maybe your guys will do something stupid and give us a bunch of pps.
    Then again, maybe we will, who knows. Don't get this one on the tube tonight.
    Rygar wrote:
    Habs are playing well but our offense is touch and go. I wouldn't expect another shutout tonight so if they can't get it going, well.
    Nothing like Maxim Lapierre scoring all your team's goals to prove me right...
    Oh well, can't take half a game vacation and expect to hold on to a lead dummies.
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Oh well, can't take half a game vacation and expect to hold on to a lead dummies.

it could have been worse if not for Price. Man that kid is going to be great.
    fife wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

He's doin great.
    I suspect around when he starts to slump our offense will wake up, thus producing the ultimate season....
    fife wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

yeah, the flyers completely dominated that game. that first goal allowed by boucher was horrible
  • The first period the Flyers kinda sat back for some reason

2nd and 3rd periods they really took over

Price is so controlled in his movements...very rarely out of position

Should have moved carter for price when they had the chance.
    Watching Bobrovsky on the bench last night I realized that he is indeed one of the McPoyles. The resemblance is uncanny
    The Fixer wrote:

Wasn't the talk at the time about Halak for Carter?
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not around here. the rumor was that the flyers turned down a carter for price swap.

I can't stand carter
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

not around here. the rumor was that the flyers turned down a carter for price swap.

I can't stand carter
    I may be remembering too far back.
    I think there's a few Flyers fans here who dislike Carter.
    Ah well.
  • Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I can't stand carter
    Ah well.

Price is playing well but it's still very early

No awards or championships are handed out in November

The only Carter trade I would have wanted was to LA for one of their young goalies

Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I can't stand carter
    Ah well.

it's not that i like carter but i understand what his role is which is to score goals and this year he is doing that well. Just wished he would play defense better.
  • I posted this the sixers thread as well

Top ten spectrum moments

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5842837

Never forget that goal against Edmonton...Hextall played out of his skull that series

another great win for our beloved Flyers last night. 6 goals by 6 different players. only 16 shots against Bob. this team is scary deep in both defense and offense. I see many great things happening this year.