My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/GS020251.HTM

take special note of the 3rd period..with under 10 min left

zero freaking pp's crazy

anyway carry on

yet the rangers still won the game. now stop your crying.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/GS020251.HTM

take special note of the 3rd period..with under 10 min left

zero freaking pp's crazy

anyway carry on

yet the rangers still won the game. now stop your crying.

exactly..imagine that
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • At least with the Pens losing, Crosby will probably shave the sorry excuse for a mustache off. So, that counts for something.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • I don't mind the penalty calls but be consistent

I don't have all the box scores in front of me but it seems 9 times out 10 if the Flyers are winning in the last 2 to 3 minutes the Pens end up with a PP..how that wasn't an even up call on Powe and Orpik is beyond me

With that said the Flyers had 6 PP's and should of buried some of them

5 on 5 they play great

You guys amaze me. First off you won so i dont know what's the problem. but...
    Flyers 6 pp's Penguins 4 PP's

And what truly amazes me is that you want Orpik to get an even up on the Powe interference. But You fail to mention how Pronger should have gotten an even up on Cooke's interference. I mean he only drove him into the net and then into the boards with another flyer. But Cooke gets the penalty. Guess everybody missed that one...
    If the ref doesn't call that he doesn't call the Orpik one either. That's just the way it is.
    I don't mind the penalty calls but be consistent

I don't have all the box scores in front of me but it seems 9 times out 10 if the Flyers are winning in the last 2 to 3 minutes the Pens end up with a PP..how that wasn't an even up call on Powe and Orpik is beyond me

5 on 5 they play great

And what truly amazes me is that you want Orpik to get an even up on the Powe interference. But You fail to mention how Pronger should have gotten an even up on Cooke's interference. I mean he only drove him into the net and then into the boards with another flyer. But Cooke gets the penalty. Guess everybody missed that one...
    If the ref doesn't call that he doesn't call the Orpik one either. That's just the way it is.

than call them both. i'm ok with that. Flyers play better 4 on 4 than they do 5 on 4. :lol: but to say that Orpik didn't deserve a penalty is nuts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    I don't mind the penalty calls but be consistent

5 on 5 they play great

than call them both. i'm ok with that. Flyers play better 4 on 4 than they do 5 on 4. :lol: but to say that Orpik didn't deserve a penalty is nuts.

Agreed. I thought you guys would be madder that Malkin only got 2 instead of 4 when he tripped the guy after his interference call. Is that double jeopardy perhaps?
    or the stick to pronger's face.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Officiating was inconsistent, as usual, but the Flyers got plenty of PP opportunities. Thankfullly they finally figured it out on #6. 5-on-5 they played a spectacular game, and could definitely be the best team in the NHL (yeah, I know that's what the standings say).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    amid all the hoopla over the pens game, i forgot, anouther big game tonight vs. the habs

time for payback.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    (yeah, I know that's what the standings say).

detroit has games in hand and could catch them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I don't mind the penalty calls but be consistent

5 on 5 they play great

You made my point for me...be consistent

4 minutes on malkin could have been called but thats a rarity after a guy is already getting a penalty

• Speaking of the HABS...

Where is Rygar ? I love bantering with him

:D

• Solid period

I'm at work getting the French feed...watching it online and the dude pulls up his tv menu and switches to Sing-Off on NBC ! :lol: :wtf:

Solid period

I'm at work getting the French feed...watching it online and the dude pulls up his tv menu and switches to Sing-Off on NBC ! :lol: :wtf:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Claude, you are nuts. :D

The Carter line had a really nice game on the offensive side.

Pronger missed the thrid. :|

Montreal is a team that could make some noise come playoff time. they have a ton of energy and speed and attack wave after wave. seems like they had the flyers on their heels 80% of the game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    WERE COMING FOR YA
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    WERE COMING FOR YA

what, no crying tonight about how the refs love the pens?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    WERE COMING FOR YA

what, no crying tonight about how the refs love the pens?

big win big 3rd

see what happens when we get a fair shake... :lol:
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I thought the Flyers played well tonight but the habs impressed me also. Richard didn't play a great game but came up big in the 3rd period. Can't believe that the flyers are so deep that we have Carter on the so-called 3rd line. on most teams that line would be a 1st line. damm crazy depth.
  • 81 wrote:
    Claude, you are nuts. :D

The Carter line had a really nice game on the offensive side.

Pronger missed the thrid. :|

Montreal is a team that could make some noise come playoff time. they have a ton of energy and speed and attack wave after wave. seems like they had the flyers on their heels 80% of the game.

Yeah they always give us trouble in montreal

They have those pesky little guys everywhere

Defensively we were not sharp...BOB gave up a softie...he's not a robot after all

:lol:

fife wrote:
    I thought the Flyers played well tonight but the habs impressed me also. Richard didn't play a great game but came up big in the 3rd period. Can't believe that the flyers are so deep that we have Carter on the so-called 3rd line. on most teams that line would be a 1st line. damm crazy depth.

they are so deep down the middle. Philly centers, you are ridiculous
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WERE COMING FOR YA

only 10pts behind ??

:D

• 81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

they are so deep down the middle. Philly centers, you are ridiculous

I remember a time when we couldn't find a good 2nd line center let alone 3 or 4

Zherdev is frustrating to watch....such skill but makes so many bone headed decisions

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    pretty decent win from what i saw (was flipping back and forth between this, the sixers and ghost hunters :lol:) Bobrovski looked decent at times, but he did face a lot of shots.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    any update on Pronger beyond a lower body injury? i don't remember seeing anything happen to him.

if he is out for an extended period of time, that could cause some trouble back there. thank goodness they worked on the 3rd pairing in the off season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Luckily it's not a knee

"Pronger missed the third period after taking a shot to the foot late in the second period. Pronger played the final 53 seconds of the second period and did not return for the third. He played a total of 15:54 over two periods."

they only have 2 games in the next 12 days so hopefully it's nothing serious and he's back

• Real gutsy win last night. I love playing against Carey Price - whatever the stats say, he's horrible against the Flyers. Kind of like Patrick Roy. :lol:

Carter's goal was just sick. Giroux is a rapidly developing superstar. This team is fun to watch.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Luckily it's not a knee

"Pronger missed the third period after taking a shot to the foot late in the second period. Pronger played the final 53 seconds of the second period and did not return for the third. He played a total of 15:54 over two periods."

they only have 2 games in the next 12 days so hopefully it's nothing serious and he's back

thanks

i was worried it might be a knee.

unless he has a broken foot, i'm not going to worry too much about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Real gutsy win last night. I love playing against Carey Price - whatever the stats say, he's horrible against the Flyers. Kind of like Patrick Roy. :lol:

Carter's goal was just sick. Giroux is a rapidly developing superstar. This team is fun to watch.

I agree..coming in off a game the night before and bouncing back after the softie to tie it up

The HABS had 3 days off and we skated right with them