The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    The Fixer wrote:
    not the flyers night. 2nd night of a back to back and it shows
    at least powe tuned up that pussy
    That's no excuse. And with Carcillo on your team I wouldn't talk, if I were you.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    That's no excuse. And with Carcillo on your team I wouldn't talk, if I were you.

no big deal to lose a regular season game. montreal took it to them tonight. worst the flyers have played in a month. no coincidence that it was the back end of a back to back

at least carcillo knows how to throw a punch...even if he's not the best fighter.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

no big deal to lose a regular season game. montreal took it to them tonight. worst the flyers have played in a month. no coincidence that it was the back end of a back to back

at least carcillo knows how to throw a punch...even if he's not the best fighter.
    Hey I'm glad Lapierre is finally fighting this year. I've got more respect for someone who'll run their mouth then drop the gloves than someone who'll run their mouth and turtle, which is what he would normally do.
    I will take the two points, and really it's Phantom's fault for his bad karma pre-game smack talking ;)
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Hey, Car Bomb is out for 3 weeks sprained MCL

No wonder why we lost..... ;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Haha! You've 3 chances for revenge this season, so I'll take my gloating where I can get it.
    Run back to Philly ya goons!
    Rygar wrote:

Hey I'm glad Lapierre is finally fighting this year. I've got more respect for someone who'll run their mouth then drop the gloves than someone who'll run their mouth and turtle, which is what he would normally do.
    I will take the two points, and really it's Phantom's fault for his bad karma pre-game smack talking ;)

they play again on monday. hopefully the habs can find some guys that can throw a punch by then. their bench looked like they saw a ghost when shelly was looking for someone to dance with.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

they play again on monday. hopefully the habs can find some guys that can throw a punch by then. their bench looked like they saw a ghost when shelly was looking for someone to dance with.
    Last guy we had would could throw a punch wouldn't.
    I can deal with getting beat up so long as the points go our way.

Carcillo is definitely the Sean Avery of Philadelphia.
  • Rygar wrote:

Haha! You've 3 chances for revenge this season, so I'll take my gloating where I can get it.

We only beat you guys when it counts in the Playoffs

:P

The fans are still not over the Briere signing ? Move on already

Rygar wrote:

We only beat you guys when it counts in the Playoffs

:P

The fans are still not over the Briere signing ? Move on already
    They boo anyone they can, don't take it personally.
    Playoffs were last year, shutout was right now! Besides, second place is still losing.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Playoffs were last year, shutout was right now! Besides, second place is still losing.

Last year and the year before ? All these series wins kinda blend together

It's ok......BOB will be back !

Rygar wrote:

Last year and the year before ? All these series wins kinda blend together

It's ok......BOB will be back !
    Maybe if you sign a few more cheap shotting goons you're regular season will be more productive!
  • Rygar wrote:
    Maybe if you sign a few more cheap shotting goons you're regular season will be more productive!

I find it amusing that you think any Flyers fan would take offense to having his team called goons. :lol:

We'll take the playoff wins over the regular season.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Rygar wrote:

I find it amusing that you think any Flyers fan would take offense to having his team called goons. :lol:

I find it amusing that you think I'm out to offend people. Don't worry, I'm well aware you guys know your team is classless.
    And let me know when beating Montreal in the playoffs accomplishes any real awards for you guys.
  • Rygar wrote:
    I find it amusing that you think I'm out to offend people. Don't worry, I'm well aware you guys know your team is classless.
    And let me know when beating Montreal in the playoffs accomplishes any real awards for you guys.

Meaningless, I know, but the Prince of Wales Trophy is a real award.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Rygar wrote:

Meaningless, I know, but the Prince of Wales Trophy is a real award.
    Sarcasm! Nicely done.
    At least you knew what I meant.
  • Hey its only November the HABS always beat us in November

They don't have the horses for a 7 game series against the better team

Last year Halak was playing out of his mind and it still only went 5 games

I thought BOB looked a little tired last night...Boosh will probably start Thursday

Gagne is still out I believe...neck injury

• Rygar wrote:

These "goons" beat your soft players when it matters

Just sayin...

Hey its only November the HABS always beat us in November

They don't have the horses for a 7 game series against the better team

Last year Halak was playing out of his mind and it still only went 5 games

I thought BOB looked a little tired last night...Boosh will probably start Thursday

Gagne is still out I believe...neck injury
    We were totally out of gas by round 3 last year, get over yourself ;)
    Rygar wrote:

These "goons" beat your soft players when it matters

Just sayin...
    1975?

Every 2 points matter. Just sayin'.
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I don't know what you're crying about, none of those hits last night were 'cheap shots'. Powe's hit on Halpern was a love tap and he crumbled to the ice. Don't blame the flyers for the Habs being a bitch team.

Love how the flyers are classless and montreal is the city that boos the US National Anthem. um, ok
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know what you're crying about, none of those hits last night were 'cheap shots'. Powe's hit on Halpern was a love tap and he crumbled to the ice. Don't blame the flyers for the Habs being a bitch team.

Love how the flyers are classless and montreal is the city that boos the US National Anthem. um, ok
    Right, slamming someone's head into the boards is a love tap.
    Just like your team. Take off the blinders. I don't condone booing an anthem, but beating up other teams fans, throwing things at players, etc is far from being better...

You want crying, here you go: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341621
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Right, slamming someone's head into the boards is a love tap.
    Just like your team. Take off the blinders. I don't condone booing an anthem, but beating up other teams fans, throwing things at players, etc is far from being better...

You want crying, here you go: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341621

did you see the hit on halpern? powe slowed down. he definitely didn't slam his head into the boards. I've seen harder hits in my 5 year old nephew's soccer games
    and the link you sent is a non-story. richards said the kid is too cocky. who cares? o'donnell put him in his place
    The Fixer wrote:

did you see the hit on halpern? powe slowed down. he definitely didn't slam his head into the boards. I've seen harder hits in my 5 year old nephew's soccer games
    Yes I saw the hit. He obviously didn't slow down enough if he knocked him out. Besides, Halpern obviously didn't see him coming and Powe hit him in the head. I don't know why you think this is acceptable, you wouldn't think so if one of your players was on the receiving end.

This is also the same guy who threw an elbow at someone else's head earlier in the night.
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yes I saw the hit. He obviously didn't slow down enough if he knocked him out. Besides, Halpern obviously didn't see him coming and Powe hit him in the head. I don't know why you think this is acceptable, you wouldn't think so if one of your players was on the receiving end.

This is also the same guy who threw an elbow at someone else's head earlier in the night.

stop. the first hit wasn't even a penalty. powe's elbow came up as he was following through on his check. he hit the guy with his shoulder. the 2nd one was a joke. a love tap. halpern has a history of concussions, so he has the potential to get a concussion when his head hits the pillow at night. that's pretty much what powes 'hit' on him was like.

the flyers have seen plenty of guys get concussions over the years...lindros, primeau, roenick, kapanen, gagne, etc. I don't cry about clean hits...even if a flyer is on the receiving end.

nothing last night was dirty...get over it
    The Fixer wrote:

stop. the first hit wasn't even a penalty. powe's elbow came up as he was following through on his check. he hit the guy with his shoulder. the 2nd one was a joke. a love tap. halpern has a history of concussions, so he has the potential to get a concussion when his head hits the pillow at night. that's pretty much what powes 'hit' on him was like.

the flyers have seen plenty of guys get concussions over the years...lindros, primeau, roenick, kapanen, gagne, etc. I don't cry about clean hits...even if a flyer is on the receiving end.

Stop what? The Flyers are almost always dirty, that's why no one likes you. You're obviously ok with that, so I'm not sure why we're still arguing.
    A hit from behind to the head is dirty, and I don't think Halpern has ever had a concussion so that won't fly either. Although I could be wrong there. Actually yeah I am, but 1 or 2 isn't a history of em. He's not on the Eric Lindros soup diet.
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Stop what? The Flyers are almost always dirty, that's why no one likes you. You're obviously ok with that, so I'm not sure why we're still arguing.
    A hit from behind to the head is dirty, and I don't think Halpern has ever had a concussion so that won't fly either. Although I could be wrong there.

I know the flyers have a history of being physical and to an extent dirty. Last night there was nothing to support that stereotype. Just because someone gets hurt by a flyers player doesn't automatically mean that the hit wasn't clean.

might want to read up on halpern...the dude knocks himself out while sneezing
    The Fixer wrote:

I know the flyers have a history of being physical and to an extent dirty. Last night there was nothing to support that stereotype. Just because someone gets hurt by a flyers player doesn't automatically mean that the hit wasn't clean.

Physical is fine. If my team gets destroyed because they were out muscled I can deal with that.
    A guy getting hit from behind is dirty, doesn't matter what team does the hitting or if it results in an injury or not.
    All that I can find on Halpern's concussion prone past is one concussion.
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Physical is fine. If my team gets destroyed because they were out muscled I can deal with that.
    A guy getting hit from behind is dirty, doesn't matter what team does the hitting or if it results in an injury or not.
    All that I can find on Halpern's concussion prone past is one concussion.

well, I don't know what else to say. The Powe hit wasn't dirty in my eyes. Not sure if you are Canadian, but you would love American football. THey are changing the rules to prevent contact. Guys aren't allowed to hit each other anymore.
    The Fixer wrote:
    well, I don't know what else to say. The Powe hit wasn't dirty in my eyes. Not sure if you are Canadian, but you would love American football. THey are changing the rules to prevent contact. Guys aren't allowed to hit each other anymore.
    Right, that's like me saying you'd like watching people getting stoned (with rocks, not drugs).
    I like physical hockey, but what you and I consider dirty is clearly different.

And yes I'm aware of your football rule changes, which seem hard to accurately police to me.