The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The Fixer wrote:
    jeremy roenick is a fraud.

Dude, that's the least of his problems. He likes to wear highlights, and those bowling shirts with flames on them. Bigger problems.

hahahaha. this made me laugh out loud.

I'm wasted

fuck you jeff carter

Yeah, I'll give Gagne the excuse of hurt feet, but fuck that highlighted hair motherfucker too. Suppose to be a sniper yet can't hit the top left corner of the net with the goalie on his face. If I ever see him in Old City, I'm shitting in a paper towel and smearing it in his face......not that I'm bitter or anything....
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Also an extra FU for Jeff Carter for having Game 7 on your stick and blowing it...just like you did the entire series.

thank you. the flyers have a bunch of dudes with non-tradeable salaries and no-trade clauses. carter is the only trade chip they have. move his ass for a goalie. especially if he did bang hartnell's wife

HE FUCKING BLOWS. he would never lose a goalie logo hitting contest
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

Also an extra FU for Jeff Carter for having Game 7 on your stick and blowing it...just like you did the entire series.

thank you. the flyers have a bunch of dudes with non-tradeable salaries and no-trade clauses. carter is the only trade chip they have. move his ass for a goalie. especially if he did bang hartnell's wife

I dont even know who's available next year through trade or free agency

I'm not sold on Price
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

hahahaha. this made me laugh out loud.

I'm wasted

fuck you jeff carter

Yeah, I'll give Gagne the excuse of hurt feet, but fuck that highlighted hair motherfucker too. Suppose to be a sniper yet can't hit the top left corner of the net with the goalie on his face. If I ever see him in Old City, I'm shitting in a paper towel and smearing it in his face......not that I'm bitter or anything....

call me if you see him...I will join your debachery (no clue if that's spelled right).

I hate that pussy. he fucking stinks
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm not sold on Price

nabokov...but he hasn't been clutch in the playoffs.

turco too

I'd take checkmanek for carter
    The Fixer Wrote :

turco too

Yeah like I said its slim pickens

haha about chechmanek..what a fuckin head case

I know they signed this 21 year old Russian kid during the year but who knows

The Fixer Wrote :

turco too

thought he was swedish. but I'm wrecked so I could be wrong
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer Wrote :

turco too

Hey, drunk, have you always lived in Havertown?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer Wrote :

turco too

nah...heres the link

http://nhlhotstove.com/flyers-sign-russ ... brovsky-2/

His record is horrible good SV% though and decent GAA

The Fixer wrote:

nope. high school in south jersey...college in baltimore...lived in philly after college (norther libs and queen village)...florida for a year...then havertown after marriage. I'm a nomad. a drunken nomad...with some pot mixed in at concerts
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nope. high school in south jersey...college in baltimore...lived in philly after college (norther libs and queen village)...florida for a year...then havertown after marriage. I'm a nomad. a drunken nomad...with some pot mixed in at concerts

Word. I'm assuming your girl is from that area, or did you move there like a lot of other people I know - the public school system?

Anyway, my point of this is I might be tending bar right around the corner from H-town. Bar called PJ Henry's.
    Great post from another forum...

Ask yourself this question... how come the Flyers are always less talented than their opposion in the finals? You can't get mad at players for this. You Flyers fans are at blame, always packing the stadium no matter what. Speak with your wallet, and maybe the management will be compelled to build a team that can stand up to these talented teams. Of course it won't happen, but that's my take.
    *************************************************************************************

My sentiments exactly

What do these numbers have in common ?

Last 6 Finals appearance without a win. I thought it was '80 no?

Word. I'm assuming your girl is from that area, or did you move there like a lot of other people I know - the public school system?

Anyway, my point of this is I might be tending bar right around the corner from H-town. Bar called PJ Henry's.

my girl is a main liner. the poorest one on the main line unfortunately. was my luck...I found the only chick on the main line without money. god I suck.

don't tease me bro...a good bartender is like discovering oil for someone that drinks as much as me.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

Ask yourself this question... how come the Flyers are always less talented than their opposion in the finals? You can't get mad at players for this. You Flyers fans are at blame, always packing the stadium no matter what. Speak with your wallet, and maybe the management will be compelled to build a team that can stand up to these talented teams. Of course it won't happen, but that's my take.
    *************************************************************************************

My sentiments exactly
    Like the Cubs? :D

Last 6 Finals appearance without a win. I thought it was '80 no?

Yeah...'80 my bad

Pretty pathetic when you look at it that way

2-6 record in the Finals...wtf ?

The Fixer wrote:

my girl is a main liner. the poorest one on the main line unfortunately. was my luck...I found the only chick on the main line without money. god I suck.

don't tease me bro...a good bartender is like discovering oil for someone that drinks as much as me.

To the first point - word. It's better that way. That way you get the class but without the snootiness. I'm sure she's well grounded then. I'm from that area so I'm well seasoned in everything in that area.

To your second point - then this may be fate. I think I find out tomorrow whether I will be or not. If I am, we'll have to accommodate each other then. You bring in some people and give me business, and I become your Pusher Man.
    The Fixer wrote:

Im so fucked up i read that as "don't taze me bro"

:lol:

The Fixer wrote:

To the first point - word. It's better that way. That way you get the class but without the snootiness. I'm sure she's well grounded then. I'm from that area so I'm well seasoned in everything in that area.

To your second point - then this may be fate. I think I find out tomorrow whether I will be or not. If I am, we'll have to accommodate each other then. You bring in some people and give me business, and I become your Pusher Man.

yeah, she's cool. most low maintenance chick I've ever been with. and she deals with all of my bullshit, which is a job in-and-of itself. I lucked out. her parents don't have money, but she does very well with her job.

well, good luck tomorrow. I'll be rooting for you. My base of drunken slob buddies isn't based in havertown, but I can definitely throw some business your way. Where is this joint?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, she's cool. most low maintenance chick I've ever been with. and she deals with all of my bullshit, which is a job in-and-of itself. I lucked out. her parents don't have money, but she does very well with her job.

well, good luck tomorrow. I'll be rooting for you. My base of drunken slob buddies isn't based in havertown, but I can definitely throw some business your way. Where is this joint?

On Haverford Ave once you take a right over the bridge on Eagle. Next to Wynnewood Lanes.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Nice series Flyer fans.

Pronger is still a bitch!

On Haverford Ave once you take a right over the bridge on Eagle. Next to Wynnewood Lanes.

not sure how close that is to me. I really don't know this area that well.

anyway, good luck tomorrow. I need to get back to my tecmo bowl tournament and booze. yes, these are the friends I'll be bringing to the bar if you get the gig. 30-somethings that take days off to watch hockey games, drink, and play video games from the 80's. we are not cool

I have the halloween spectrum boot on my ipod. I'm getting drilled for liking PJ. these homos just don't get it
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Great playoff run, but that game was a real kick in the balls.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm not sold on Price

Will like to say congrats to the hawks and their fans. as a life long fan of the flyers, if they had to lose to another team I am happy that it was to the hawks because now the Leafs have the longest drought for the cup which makes me very happy. As for price, i really think he can be a great goalie. I think his time is done in Montreal and if we could get him for carter I would do it. we have to find a place for Claude to move up and i think with carter there it won't happen.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    congrats to the flyers, hell of a run.

if you guys just get some steady goaltending in the offseason.... :shock:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

My sentiments exactly
    Like the Cubs? :D

weren't the cubs the more talented team in 03? and 08?

just sayin.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i feel like punching someone today. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Congrats fellas. Hell of a run, nothing to be ashamed of. I know a lot of really good Flyers fans and was pulling for them big time.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430

some of us here are old enough to remember when that place was called McSorley's - I'm in that area but my drunken bar days are over. of course I'd have to give the Fixer a good ripping on why Ryan Howard doesn't suck.

Flyers great run but lousy goaltending did them in again. Just an awful goal. got to give the Hawks credit though them made plays and made very few bad mistakes. Great series overall and a hell of a few months.