The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fife wrote:
    Would u trade Carter for Tomas Kaberle from toronto??? I think he'd be a huge addition to the defensive line. I've heard alot of Carter trade talks but most of them are for goalies.

No, i wouldn't. I like kaberle but i don't think its a fair trade straight up and the leafs have nothing else to give. I would rather trade Carter for a young goalie so that the team can grow together.

I agree with fife. kaberle is pretty old right? I think he's been around a while. As much as I dislike carter, I think they could get a lot more than just kaberle. They really need a goalie

Parent was horrible in the playoffs, but he missed most of the year with injuries. I still think he can be a decent player. If he improves, that gives them 5 solid defensemen. kraijeck is decent as a 6th guy in the regular season and bartulis just gives them depth. I guess they could use another guy to provide depth, but I don't think defense should be their top priority. they should be thinking goalie, goalie, goalie
    good info here.

briere has 5 years left on his deal. yikes

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... z0qYuYugka
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    So I don't know too much about this player but what do you guys think. good goalie or career back-up goalie?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324530
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    So I don't know too much about this player but what do you guys think. good goalie or career back-up goalie?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324530

depth/back up. his save % doesn't excite me, but maybe that was a function of the players in front of him during his time in the minors and in sweden. perhaps with the Flyers D men in front of him, he would do better. tough to tell since we really didn't see him play this season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Backlund to me would be a backup or insurance if we can't trade for a goalie

July 1st is fastly approaching..curious to see what Homer tries to do

Here is a nice list you can view by position on who's available

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl- ... y-position
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    great run boys

cant wait till next season
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Little Danny in a wreck..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=A ... sh-3686469

They are both lucky

They are both lucky

I read about this too. glad to hear everyone is Ok but Briere if you feel tired and can't drive pull over and get a hotel, you make the money to do this.

In other news, now that halak is gone where to we get our goalie?
    fife wrote:

They are both lucky

I read about this too. glad to hear everyone is Ok but Briere if you feel tired and can't drive pull over and get a hotel, you make the money to do this.

dam lucky
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    fife wrote:

They are both lucky

dam lucky

seat belts saves lives. miracle no bad injuries in that crash.
    Given this organ-i-zations past tragedy's it is a miracle he wasn't killed

Pelle Lindbergh and Dmitri Tertyshny come to mind

As far as the Halak trade I honestly do not believe the Canadians would have shipped him to an Eastern Conference team

As far as the Halak trade I honestly do not believe the Canadians would have shipped him to an Eastern Conference team

have to admit I was disappointed when I saw the halak trade. I was hoping for price.

I have a bad feeling we are getting the dreaded leighton/bouch combo next year. same old shit

buy a porsche hextall buy a porsche :mrgreen:

sorry had to say it
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430

sorry had to say it

yup classy move by the new york fans there - and yet people constantly talk about Philly fans. Pelle was the man.
    so i was reading the chicago sun times today at lunch and stumbled across a request for an appearance by the cup and the hawks at the gay pride parade. i wonder if there any hawks fan here that will be there, with or without the cup....not that there is anything wrong with that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

sorry had to say it

yup classy move by the new york fans there - and yet people constantly talk about Philly fans. Pelle was the man.

he was awesome and it is very sad

however hextall was a sucker
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Flyers just traded ryan parent and a conditional pick for the rights to nashvilles Def dan hamhuis. Last time we traded with them it worked out alright. Good move go flyers!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    Flyers just traded ryan parent and a conditional pick for the rights to nashvilles Def dan hamhuis. Last time we traded with them it worked out alright. Good move go flyers!!

I assume a Carter trade is definitely going to happen due to the fact they need to free up money and sign Hamhuis

Last I heard was Carter to the LA Kings which would make sense they need a 2nd line Center and we need a young good goalie which they have in Quick

Should be interesting this week

I assume a Carter trade is definitely going to happen due to the fact they need to free up money and sign Hamhuis

Last I heard was Carter to the LA Kings which would make sense they need a 2nd line Center and we need a young good goalie which they have in Quick

gotta find money for Coburn as well, unless they are going to replace him with Hamhuis guy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

I don't see LA trading Quick but i could see them trade their other goalie named Johnathan Bernier who is going to be a very good goalie. he is 21 and won best goalie in the AHL in 2009-2010. i know most people won't agree with this but i could see carter going to LA for bernier and also a 2nd round pick. might seem that we gave up alot but we have to think that soon we will have to sign Claude and some other players in the next couple of years.
    fife wrote:

I don't see LA trading Quick but i could see them trade their other goalie named Johnathan Bernier who is going to be a very good goalie. he is 21 and won best goalie in the AHL in 2009-2010. i know most people won't agree with this but i could see carter going to LA for bernier and also a 2nd round pick. might seem that we gave up alot but we have to think that soon we will have to sign Claude and some other players in the next couple of years.

I'll be doing backflips if that trade goes down. I'd take Bernier or Quick for Carter straight up...a pick would be gravy.

Like the Hamhuis deal assuming they get him signed
    [q

I don't see LA trading Quick but i could see them trade their other goalie named Johnathan Bernier who is going to be a very good goalie. he is 21 and won best goalie in the AHL in 2009-2010. i know most people won't agree with this but i could see carter going to LA for bernier and also a 2nd round pick. might seem that we gave up alot but we have to think that soon we will have to sign Claude and some other players in the next couple of years.[/quote]

I'll be doing backflips if that trade goes down. I'd take Bernier or Quick for Carter straight up...a pick would be gravy.

Like the Hamhuis deal assuming they get him signed[/quote]

The kings have 2 very good young goalies who are a great price. Quick makes what 1.8 mil a year which is great. the reason i say some people who wonder if we gave up too much would just be because we have a top scorer going to LA for a goalie who has just played 3 games in the NHL.
    and the schedule is out.....

with the Flyers coming to town for a game agaist the hawks on jan 23rd.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    article I read this morning says it will be tough for the flyers to sign/trade for a goalie if they sign hamhuis for what he wants (apparently something starting at 4 years, 16 mill) and keep coburn (he's due a raise).

speculation is that they are gonna offer leighton backup goalie money.

I'll be pissed if they go into the season with leighton/bouch.

Article didn't mention a carter trade...still seems like that's the best way to bring a goalie in. Get it done Holmgren
    81 wrote:

Also the Ice Chickens first game in their new arena against the Flyboys

the blue could be elite if they can keep both coburn and hamhuis. i'm find with keeping leighton as a back up, but an elite goal tender is a must have.

Holmgrem has done a nice job since he took over.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Also the Ice Chickens first game in their new arena against the Flyboys

good way to open up the stadium. i smell ticket flipping opportunites. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    article I read this morning says it will be tough for the flyers to sign/trade for a goalie if they sign hamhuis for what he wants (apparently something starting at 4 years, 16 mill) and keep coburn (he's due a raise).

speculation is that they are gonna offer leighton backup goalie money.

I'll be pissed if they go into the season with leighton/bouch.

Article didn't mention a carter trade...still seems like that's the best way to bring a goalie in. Get it done Holmgren

Leighton and Backlund book the Parade !!

I'd be shocked if he goes into the new season with not addressing the goaltending

My gut tells me some moving and shaking on draft day !

In an October 2009 interview with the Daily News, Bob Clarke endorsed Lindros as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

that's gold Jerry. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg