The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Man your obsession with benching Carter is alarming

Who plays if Carter if scratched ?

Team defense we need not goals..we have to support Leighton

I'm half kidding when I say to scratch him. He has not done shit in this series though (the empty netter doesn't count). I know their other options are carcillo or nodl, neither of which would be much better. I've never been a fan of carter...they should just bury him on the 3rd line and limit his ice time.

I read that laviolette is considering dressing carcillo and going with 5 defensemen. not sure I understand that one. he's done a great job, so I'm not gonna question him. I just don't get that rationale
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm half kidding when I say to scratch him. He has not done shit in this series though (the empty netter doesn't count). I know their other options are carcillo or nodl, neither of which would be much better. I've never been a fan of carter...they should just bury him on the 3rd line and limit his ice time.

I read that laviolette is considering dressing carcillo and going with 5 defensemen. not sure I understand that one. he's done a great job, so I'm not gonna question him. I just don't get that rationale

He hasn't done much I agree but there isn't any depth to play with if he's scratched..I would definitely use him on the PP and if he does one of those stupid shots that ends up going the other way for an odd-man rush I would limit his ice time even more..he's just not playing smart maybe its the ankle ?

Lavy has a soft spot for Carcillo its evident every time he talks about him...with that said I dont think we'll see him the rest of the series..with Hartnell already prone to stupid penalties we don't need Carcillo getting called just based off of reputation like it always seem to happen
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

might as well... bartulus and krajick both suck. go with 4 D. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

He hasn't done much I agree but there isn't any depth to play with if he's scratched..I would definitely use him on the PP and if he does one of those stupid shots that ends up going the other way for an odd-man rush I would limit his ice time even more..he's just not playing smart maybe its the ankle ?

Lavy has a soft spot for Carcillo its evident every time he talks about him...with that said I dont think we'll see him the rest of the series..with Hartnell already prone to stupid penalties we don't need Carcillo getting called just based off of reputation like it always seem to happen

I'm telling you just watch carter. he can't pass for shit and he does the same thing every time down the ice. he will either go wide and fire a puck at the net or curl off the half boards and shoot. he has a heavy shot, but he is one dimensional (like I said before...the ryan howard of the flyers -- just to a lesser degree).

sorry, I don't mean to sound like debbie downer. flyers are 2 wins away from the cup and i'm bitching. hopefully the extra off day helps them prepare. I expect them to come out flying tonight (no pun intended)...let's hope for an early lead
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

might as well... bartulus and krajick both suck. go with 4 D. :lol:

true. but imagine if one of the four got hurt?

as well as carcillo played this year (I made an argument that he could have been their best fwd during the regular season), he is a target for the refs in a big playoff game. he farts on the ice and he's going to the box. I wouldn't dress him
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm telling you just watch carter. he can't pass for shit and he does the same thing every time down the ice. he will either go wide and fire a puck at the net or curl off the half boards and shoot. he has a heavy shot, but he is one dimensional (like I said before...the ryan howard of the flyers -- just to a lesser degree).

sorry, I don't mean to sound like debbie downer. flyers are 2 wins away from the cup and i'm bitching. hopefully the extra off day helps them prepare. I expect them to come out flying tonight (no pun intended)...let's hope for an early lead

you probably think assists are more important than goals. good idea to scratch your regular season leading goal scorer in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals - just moronic WIP-style comment.
    pjhawks wrote:

you probably think assists are more important than goals. good idea to scratch your regular season leading goal scorer in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals - just moronic WIP-style comment.

keep reading dude.

when you get a chance shoot me the scouting report on the lidge sinker
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

keep reading dude.

dude I did read your whole thing - to even suggest scratching your top goal scorer, even in jest, is absolutely WIP-level idiocy. Granted he has sucked in the playoffs but you don't scratch a 30 goal scorer.

if not assists then maybe it's hits that you think is the most important stat in hockey.

Also go back to the Phillies thread as I responded there to your comment regarding Lidge. shoot me for making a mistake on a message board 2 months ago (and changed within 5 minutes of making it).
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

keep reading dude.

dude I did read your whole thing - to even suggest scratching your top goal scorer, even in jest, is absolutely WIP-level idiocy. Granted he has sucked in the playoffs but you don't scratch a 30 goal scorer.

if not assists then maybe it's hits that you think is the most important stat in hockey.

Also go back to the Phillies thread as I responded there to your comment regarding Lidge. shoot me for making a mistake on a message board 2 months ago (and changed within 5 minutes of making it).

I was fucking with you with the lidge stuff.

should have traded carter for carey price when they had the chance.

did anyone read the hartnell article in the paper a few days ago? really sounds like carter did bang his wife.
    The Fixer wrote:

did anyone read the hartnell article in the paper a few days ago? really sounds like carter did bang his wife.

link?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

link?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... z0qOGtYaLP
    The Fixer wrote:

I was fucking with you with the lidge stuff.

should have traded carter for carey price when they had the chance.

yes read that article and sure seemed to indicate the rumors were true. and hartnell's wife is smokin' hot.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

link?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... z0qOGtYaLP

thanks...i tried searching, included wife with hartnell.

anyways...interesting read. i'm not so sure i want to jump to the carter conclusion...there could very well be something else going on. it just seems so far fetched for a player to bang anouther players wife. not that it couldn't happen. and maybe it's just me hoping it didn't happen. i suspect if carter did bang the wife, that the truth will come out over the summer.

time will tell.

until then, LETS GO FLYERS....damn it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

thanks...i tried searching, included wife with hartnell.

anyways...interesting read. i'm not so sure i want to jump to the carter conclusion...there could very well be something else going on. it just seems so far fetched for a player to bang anouther players wife. not that it couldn't happen. and maybe it's just me hoping it didn't happen. i suspect if carter did bang the wife, that the truth will come out over the summer.

time will tell.

until then, LETS GO FLYERS....damn it.

the rumor back in the day was that Lindros was banging Brind'amour's wife and that is why they traded brind'amour. who knows what is true but the cartner-hartnell's wife rumos were pretty hot around christmas time.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    I thought this was a great write up on the situation back then from Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5428943/rough-seaso ... ing-rumors
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    If the Flyers win tonight, I guarantee they win Friday. Win tonight, and there's no way they lose Friday. Fact. So let's win tonight, boys.
    pjhawks wrote:

the rumor back in the day was that Lindros was banging Brind'amour's wife and that is why they traded brind'amour. who knows what is true but the cartner-hartnell's wife rumos were pretty hot around christmas time.

if only they would have traded lindros for keith.

i will say, it was nice to hear the crowd chear Rod on halloween. he's right at the top of my favorite flyers of all time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i've got a nice little beer buzz and now feel like smashing some blackhawks.....i have a good idea where to start the smashing.......and after i'm done there......it'll be time for the bandwagon fuckers....fuck the hawks.

LETS GO FLYERS
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    ...and once again Philly has refs in back pocket...Philly's goal was an abomination thanks to a phantom call on Sopel
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Sawyer wrote:
    ...and once again Philly has refs in back pocket...Philly's goal was an abomination thanks to a phantom call on Sopel

LOL!

Did ya see the second Pronger penalty or were you counting money and bathing with daddy during that one?
    and more referee shenanigans as Hossa gets tripped on a breakaway...penalty Hossa....well done Comcast...you win
    Sawyer wrote:
    and more referee shenanigans as Hossa gets tripped on a breakaway...penalty Hossa....well done Comcast...you win

You act like the calls haven't been a disgrace on both sides. How about that "High Gloving" penalty called on Hartnell? Stop whining. :shh:
    Sawyer wrote:

You act like the calls haven't been a disgrace on both sides. How about that "High Gloving" penalty called on Hartnell? Stop whining. :shh:

congradulations, you've met the biggest tool on the forum
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Yeah, based on previous threads over the past few months I had an inkling but now there is no doubt
    there is a way too talk trash and not be a douche, and then there is his way.

sadly, there are alot of people from teh northern chicago burbs that are like him. thankfully, there are also aot of cool people up there that cancel him out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I think the Flyers are out of gas. They look tired and overwhelmed. Unless someone dumped a giant mound of cocaine in the locker room during intermission....it's gonna be really tough taking this game.
    81 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

'congratulations' you can't spell
    Sawyer wrote:

Rule number 1 of the internet....when backed in a corner point out spelling and grammar errors! Very original.
    Sawyer wrote:

Rule number 1 of the internet....when backed in a corner point out spelling and grammar errors! Very original.

should always spell out numbers when writing
    Sawyer wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

should always spell out numbers when writing

I prefer signing
    d149bc163fbde2f272bd0968095ced2f_kid-middle-finger.jpg