• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    its official, Lord Stanley's cup is coming out of the closet

http://chicagogayhockey.org/2010/06/22/ ... de-parade/

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    the blue could be elite if they can keep both coburn and hamhuis. i'm find with keeping leighton as a back up, but an elite goal tender is a must have.

Holmgrem has done a nice job since he took over.

don't agree with you on the elite goalie comment. there is not that many elite goalies, what we need is a good goalie.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    the blue could be elite if they can keep both coburn and hamhuis. i'm find with keeping leighton as a back up, but an elite goal tender is a must have.

don't agree with you on the elite goalie comment. there is not that many elite goalies, what we need is a good goalie.

maybe elite is wishful thinking :lol: i could settle for an above average, defined as, does not let in soft goals, makes the saves he should make, and steals a game here or there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

maybe elite is wishful thinking :lol: i could settle for an above average, defined as, does not let in soft goals, makes the saves he should make, and steals a game here or there.

there are goalies like that? holy shit, what a concept
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I heard the cap has officially been raised to 58mil

Good News for Homer
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Hmmm... :think:

SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks are cutting ties with goaltender Evgeni Nabokov.

General manager Doug Wilson said Tuesday the team has told Nabokov he will not be offered a contract when he becomes an unrestricted free agent next month.

Nabokov has been one of the top goalies in the league the past few years, winning an NHL-best 131 games over the past three seasons. He has a 293-215-29 record in 10 seasons with the Sharks, with a 2.39 goals against average. He helped the Sharks reach the Western Conference final this year, where they were swept by Chicago.

Wilson says he would like to sign the team's other unrestricted free agents, including leading goal-scorer Patrick Marleau.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3 ... agent.html

i'd take a couple years of Nabokov. but it would be tough to fit him under the cap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks are cutting ties with goaltender Evgeni Nabokov.

General manager Doug Wilson said Tuesday the team has told Nabokov he will not be offered a contract when he becomes an unrestricted free agent next month.

Nabokov has been one of the top goalies in the league the past few years, winning an NHL-best 131 games over the past three seasons. He has a 293-215-29 record in 10 seasons with the Sharks, with a 2.39 goals against average. He helped the Sharks reach the Western Conference final this year, where they were swept by Chicago.

Wilson says he would like to sign the team's other unrestricted free agents, including leading goal-scorer Patrick Marleau.

You guys have the cap room for him? Not sure what his market price/term might be in his mid-30's, but it can't be that cheap.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    The Hawks would be glad to give the Flyers Huet. Why not add a third Hawk goalie to the lineup.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago

You guys have the cap room for him? Not sure what his market price/term might be in his mid-30's, but it can't be that cheap.

It was would take a magician with the cap

I still don't think the LA talks are dead especially with Hextall out there as their Asst. GM

Hawks vs. Flyers on January 23rd if I remember corretly. Afternoon game, it must be a weekend. I haven't checked the calendar yet. Should be a fun one though.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    The Hawks would be glad to give the Flyers Huet. Why not add a third Hawk goalie to the lineup.

Nooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

2 is enough

Maybe that Eddie the Eagle would come out of retirement ?

Kevinman wrote:

Nooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

2 is enough

Maybe that Eddie the Eagle would come out of retirement ?

You would be able to chant Eddie at more than a PJ show in Philly then.....

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Carter "Untouchable"

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/24/10/Sourc ... feedID=704

Sources: Flyers Inquire About Boston Goalie Thomas

Boston goalie Tim Thomas has become expendable with the emergence of Tuukka Rask.

Thursday, June 24, 2010
    Posted: 10:45 p.m.

By Tim Panaccio
    CSNPhilly.com

LOS ANGELES – Goalie Tim Thomas is 36 years old and would cost $5 million a year in cap space, “if” someone decided to make a trade with Boston.

Sources at the Board of Governors confirmed on Thursday that Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren and Boston’s Peter Chiarelli have spoken about the netminder, who has three years left on his contract and has been replaced as a starter by Tuukka Rask.

Chiarelli is trying hard to unload Thomas and has spoken to a number of clubs. Neither Holmgren nor Chiarelli would comment.

Flyers’ sources say, however, they consider Thomas “too expensive,” despite his 2.56 goals-against average and .915 save percentage in 43 games last season.

Outside sources say, however, the Flyers are willing to move two players “if” they decide to go the Thomas route and “if” it’s the right players to move. Those sources added the only untouchable Flyers are Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.

That said, these sources have the impression that, in the end, the Flyers may end up re-signing Michael Leighton.

There were rumors here this week that the Flyers and Los Angeles have talked about acquiring one of two goalies: Jonathan Quick or Jonathan Bernier. The Kings want Carter, but again, the Flyers won’t offer him.

Earlier on Thursday, sources said the Flyers were not close on reaching an agreement with soon-to-be unrestricted free agent defenseman Dan Hamhuis, who they traded for over the weekend.

Hamhuis’ agent, Wade Arnott, is believed to be seeking a four-year deal worth at least $16 million.

“They may have to move [Braydon] Coburn to get the Hamhuis deal done,” one NHL executive said.

Neither Holmgren nor Arnott would comment.

The best line from the Board of Governors came from – who else? – but Brian Burke, who has four offers on defenseman Tomas Kaberle:

“The offers we have gotten, as you would expect in any type of situation like this, the first offers we got were all garbage,” Burke said. “That's the nature of our fraternity. We throw anchors at each other. It's awful.

“But as you get closer, once the curtain gets lifted up on this thing, once things get going, you start to see their best cards, their best offers. It's amazing, the offers improved dramatically yesterday.

“But we may not see everyone's best cards until tomorrow. We may not see them until after July 1st, until teams can see where they can plug holes with free agents.”

E-mail Tim Panaccio at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tpanotch@comcast.net">tpanotch@comcast.net</a><!-- e -->.

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Good News for Homer
    59.something
    Rygar wrote:

Good News for Homer
    59.something

Even better !

I feel a BIG trade today from the Flyers

Or maybe its just gas ?

:?

Rygar wrote:

Good News for Homer
    59.something

Even better !

I feel a BIG trade today from the Flyers

Or maybe its just gas ?

:?

Probably just gas.

Although I'd laugh if you traded for Timmy the Tuna.
    Carter "Untouchable"

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/24/10/Sourc ... feedID=704

Sources: Flyers Inquire About Boston Goalie Thomas

Boston goalie Tim Thomas has become expendable with the emergence of Tuukka Rask.

Thursday, June 24, 2010
    Posted: 10:45 p.m.

By Tim Panaccio
    CSNPhilly.com

LOS ANGELES – Goalie Tim Thomas is 36 years old and would cost $5 million a year in cap space, “if” someone decided to make a trade with Boston.

Sources at the Board of Governors confirmed on Thursday that Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren and Boston’s Peter Chiarelli have spoken about the netminder, who has three years left on his contract and has been replaced as a starter by Tuukka Rask.

Chiarelli is trying hard to unload Thomas and has spoken to a number of clubs. Neither Holmgren nor Chiarelli would comment.

Flyers’ sources say, however, they consider Thomas “too expensive,” despite his 2.56 goals-against average and .915 save percentage in 43 games last season.

Outside sources say, however, the Flyers are willing to move two players “if” they decide to go the Thomas route and “if” it’s the right players to move. Those sources added the only untouchable Flyers are Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.

That said, these sources have the impression that, in the end, the Flyers may end up re-signing Michael Leighton.

There were rumors here this week that the Flyers and Los Angeles have talked about acquiring one of two goalies: Jonathan Quick or Jonathan Bernier. The Kings want Carter, but again, the Flyers won’t offer him.

Earlier on Thursday, sources said the Flyers were not close on reaching an agreement with soon-to-be unrestricted free agent defenseman Dan Hamhuis, who they traded for over the weekend.

Hamhuis’ agent, Wade Arnott, is believed to be seeking a four-year deal worth at least $16 million.

“They may have to move [Braydon] Coburn to get the Hamhuis deal done,” one NHL executive said.

Neither Holmgren nor Arnott would comment.

The best line from the Board of Governors came from – who else? – but Brian Burke, who has four offers on defenseman Tomas Kaberle:

“The offers we have gotten, as you would expect in any type of situation like this, the first offers we got were all garbage,” Burke said. “That's the nature of our fraternity. We throw anchors at each other. It's awful.

“But as you get closer, once the curtain gets lifted up on this thing, once things get going, you start to see their best cards, their best offers. It's amazing, the offers improved dramatically yesterday.

“But we may not see everyone's best cards until tomorrow. We may not see them until after July 1st, until teams can see where they can plug holes with free agents.”

E-mail Tim Panaccio at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tpanotch@comcast.net">tpanotch@comcast.net</a><!-- e -->.

I saw this article too. I think that untouchable label is bull shit. really hope they trade that turd for a goalie this weekend.
    not sure i want a 36 year old goalie leading the way....

and not getting Hamuis to sign without trading couburn would be a dissapointment.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

and not getting Hamuis to sign without trading couburn would be a dissapointment.

especially if his name is tim thomas.

completely agree with your 2nd point. hamhuis pretty much has them by the balls in these negotiations
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

completely agree with your 2nd point. hamhuis pretty much has them by the balls in these negotiations
    Sounds like Hamhuis doesn't care about playing for Philly anyway and is heading for free agency. If you liked Parent that was a waste.

And I would be surprised to see a team who made the SC Final go for Timmy the Tuna and his hilarious cap hit.
    Latest rumor has the flyers and kings discussing hartnell for one of their goalies. of course this article makes no mention of hartnells' no trade clause. awful journalism at it's finest.

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/25/10/Plent ... feedID=704
    I seriously hope they don't go after Thomas

The Hamhuis situation sucks..I think if he was staying the deal would be done by now or the deal is done but we're waiting for the other shoe to drop with a Carter trade freeing up the money

Either way..this time of year in hockey is great and sucks at the same time :D

The Fixer wrote:
    Latest rumor has the flyers and kings discussing hartnell for one of their goalies. of course this article makes no mention of hartnells' no trade clause. awful journalism at it's finest.

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/25/10/Plent ... feedID=704

In the article they mention Mike Testwuide

I saw this kid play in College he has some tools and skill..definitely not a superstar but more on the lines of a Scott Mellanby type (before the forearm/wrist injury)

:lol:

Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

Sounds like Hamhuis doesn't care about playing for Philly anyway and is heading for free agency. If you liked Parent that was a waste.

And I would be surprised to see a team who made the SC Final go for Timmy the Tuna and his hilarious cap hit.

I hated Parent !

If for nothing else he pronounced his name wrong !

I'm surprised Homer pulled the trigger when this guy doesn't seem interested in signing

Hamhuis was "looking forward to free agency" before surprising trade to Flyers

John Grigg
    2010-06-25 13:42:00

It’s the same-old, same-old for David Poile and Paul Holmgren. During the summer of 2007, the Nashville and Philadelphia GMs worked out a deal that was pretty much the first of its kind – when the Predators couldn’t agree to contract terms with unrestricted free agents Scott Hartnell and Kimmo Timonen the team shipped their negotiating rights to the Flyers a couple of weeks before free agency began.

Three years and a day later, the same happened again, this time with coveted UFA-to-be blueliner Dan Hamhuis, who was sent to Philly for defenseman Ryan Parent last Saturday. Hamhuis said that once negotiations between the Preds and his group broke down he had an inkling a move would be made.

“We had no idea that we’d be going (to Philadelphia), they didn’t really check in with us first,” the 27-year-old said. “So it was a bit of a shock.”

The 6-foot-1, 203-pound shutdown defender averaged 21:15 of ice time this past season, third on the Preds behind only Olympians Shea Weber and Ryan Suter, and Hamhuis’ plus-4 rating was tied for second among the team’s defense. Near the top of the UFA list for blueliners, he’ll command a raise on his $2-million salary and likely a lengthy term as well.

The Flyers would seem to be a choice destination for any free agent; loaded with depth throughout the lineup, they should be a Cup contender again next season. Hamhuis acknowledged as much, but intimated Philly is no sure thing.

“We were really looking forward to free agency and the chance to look at a bunch of teams,” the Smithers, B.C., native said.

Hamhuis was reticent to say too much about negotiations with the Flyers, but Philadelphia obviously didn’t ship the promising Parent to Nashville just to lose Hamhuis on July 1 when the free agent market opens.

“They’re trying really hard to get us to come and we just kind of want to take a look around and make sure it’s the right fit.”

So while Hamhuis didn’t see the Philly trade coming, it sounds as if Philly might not see Hamhuis at all.

that sucks.....

good find on teh article.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    that sucks.....

This dude sounds like a pretty boy

Flyers fans want to hear "I was shocked by the trade..but I want to beat the piss out of Crosby so I'm signing!"

81 wrote:
    that sucks.....

Flyers fans want to hear "I was shocked by the trade..but I want to beat the piss out of Crosby so I'm signing!"

that would work.

he may also want to be "the man" on the blue line, but with Philly, he would be down the food chain a little.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    that sucks.....

that would work.

he may also want to be "the man" on the blue line, but with Philly, he would be down the food chain a little.

If he does sign Pronger will have this dude in tears

I'd make run for Volchenkov if we free up the space