The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Welcome home boys :)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    UGH!

Horrible display tonight from Leighton and the D in front of him

2 of those goals in the 1st should not have gone in

I never would have thought scoring 5 goals and 4 goals in CHI and we would be on the losing end of both games

This team has always taken the hard road to winning so this series is no different

I'm sure Lavy has some choice words after this game in the locker room
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    UGH!

Horrible display tonight from Leighton and the D in front of him

2 of those goals in the 1st should not have gone in

Agreed that was a sloppy sloppy start and the Flyers never recovered.......disappointing for sure.

Chicago was crisp with their passing tonight though....

Just need to take Game 6.......we all know anything can happen in a game 7
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Flyers all-time road record in Stanley Cup Finals: 3-20. Ouch.

It was so frustating to keep coming within 2 goals and never get closer. Bottom line is you can't fall behind by 3 goals in the first period and expect to come back against a great team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    just brutal game. Pronger and Richards were just awful. Leighton just sucks so when his defense sucks in front of him that is what you get. Oh well onto game 6. No way Pronger is that bad again.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pjhawks wrote:
    just brutal game. Pronger and Richards were just awful. Leighton just sucks so when his defense sucks in front of him that is what you get. Oh well onto game 6. No way Pronger is that bad again.

yes it was a brutal game but i think that the flyers could have made it back but there was some bad luck. when they were down 3-1 there should have been a penalty shot when the dman from Chicago closed his hand on the puck in the crease. and that highstick in the 3rd on Briere that should have been a 4 minute penalty.

the flyers didn't deserve to win but i think that if those were called the game would have been different.

but enough excuses. On to game 6.

GO FLYERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fife wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yes it was a brutal game but i think that the flyers could have made it back but there was some bad luck. when they were down 3-1 there should have been a penalty shot when the dman from Chicago closed his hand on the puck in the crease. and that highstick in the 3rd on Briere that should have been a 4 minute penalty.

the flyers didn't deserve to win but i think that if those were called the game would have been different.

but enough excuses. On to game 6.

GO FLYERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree on the non-calls. the closing the hand on the puck was close, he was outside of it when he first grabbed it but inside when he threw it. missing the high stick on Briere was freakin awful - they would have their best defensemen in the penalty box for 4 minutes at least. Also thought the 1st call of the game on Bartulis was awful.

Officials not why they lost though but it did kind of feel like the Blackhawks have bitched about the refs so much heading into this game so they got some calls. Also think NBC is going out of their way to show the flyers penalties that aren't called and barely mentioned Keith's high stick. Every time Pronger hits someone they have to show it and comment on it now. They totally brushed over Keith's high stick with just a quick mention.

Series not over and expect a great effort in game 6. Get it to game 7 and it comes down to a bounce here or there. So close now going to really suck to not win this.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    wont be around for a week good luck the rest of the way
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Oh by the way, who but the Flyers could have a goalie controversy heading into Game 6 of the Final?

Anyways, get ready for Friday night! Game 7 OT - here we come.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    the refs in this series have been pretty shitty all around so no offense, but there have been plenty of no calls on both teams, and plenty of chincy little shit. Cambell got a high stick to the face and cut his mouth but there was no pen. pronger's had some nasty cross checks but wasn't called. Chicago outskated philly and was ridiculous in their zone that entire first period
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm fired up for tonight's game as well. I was thinking about it...tonight will be the biggest flyers game I have ever watched. I am too young to remember much about the '87 series vs edmonton. the series in '97 was just a 4 game ass kicking. tonight is a pivotal game...not necessarily a must win, but obviously important.

can't wait...

Woah

Is this is the same guy that said Devils in a sweep ?

or

That the Flyers "sucked" all year ?

And hockey is only fun when the Flyers are winning ?

1 - I said devils in 5

2 - the flyers did suck all year (evidenced by making playoffs on a fucking shootout, last day of season)

3 - hockey does suck. I can't watch the sport unless the flyers are playing. hockey rules are the dumbest in sports (cut by high stick is 4 mins, break stick on slash is automatic penalty, icing is arbitrary call, fight in last 5 mins of game is a misconduct -- and suspension for player AND coach, etc, etc, etc). Bettman is eliminating physical play and turning the NHL into the Ice Capades. The refs have way too much influence on game's outcome in hockey (much more than the other 3 major sports)

That being said, I will always watch and support the flyers whether they're winning or losing
    pjfan021 wrote:
    the refs in this series have been pretty shitty all around so no offense, but there have been plenty of no calls on both teams, and plenty of chincy little shit. Cambell got a high stick to the face and cut his mouth but there was no pen. pronger's had some nasty cross checks but wasn't called. Chicago outskated philly and was ridiculous in their zone that entire first period

I actually think the refs have been fine in this series. I'd rather have them let the guys play and only call obvious penalties. They have missed a few calls for both teams, but that is gonna happen. It's the playoffs, swallow the whistles and let the players decide the outcome
    the flyers looked exhausted last night. hopefully the extra off day will help them get their legs back. they got dominated in every phase last night.

Also, jeff carter fucking sucks. his new name is the invisible man
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjfan021 wrote:

I actually think the refs have been fine in this series. I'd rather have them let the guys play and only call obvious penalties. They have missed a few calls for both teams, but that is gonna happen. It's the playoffs, swallow the whistles and let the players decide the outcome

the charging call from the other day (game 4 i think?) was pretty bad IMO......same with the one where Briere was pushed into the bench and then had a penalty called on him for basically trying to get back on the ice.....
    UpSideDown wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjfan021 wrote:

the charging call from the other day (game 4 i think?) was pretty bad IMO......same with the one where Briere was pushed into the bench and then had a penalty called on him for basically trying to get back on the ice.....

yeah, the charge on carcillo...that was awful.

as a whole though I think the refs have been fair both ways (crybaby hawks fans obviously disagree...wah, wah, wah). they're never gonna catch every call. I'd rather them miss some calls than call too much.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    if anyone is interested....playoff presale ticket info

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... 4b92df4a0c

pw = 09PCYBER

Presale begins TODAY, April 7 at 2:00pm

I have received almost 10 emails about purchasing flyers playoff tix. this team isn't even gonna sell out their playoff games (I'm not wasting money to go watch this shitty team get swept).

hate to say it, but they are better off missing the playoffs and saving themselves the embarrassment in round 1 (though I can't root for them to lose to the rangers, who are my most hated hockey team).

BAM!

It's cool though..this season was so up an down

9 times out of 10 the calls even themselves out through out a series

Thats why I dont blame refs or whine..eventually you will get your chance in the series

Funny part last night was when Briere got high sticked and was bleeding the announcers were like oh he got hit with a stick....not mentioning the 4 min PP that was missed in a 2 goal game at the time

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm fired up for tonight's game as well. I was thinking about it...tonight will be the biggest flyers game I have ever watched. I am too young to remember much about the '87 series vs edmonton. the series in '97 was just a 4 game ass kicking. tonight is a pivotal game...not necessarily a must win, but obviously important.

can't wait...

Woah

Is this is the same guy that said Devils in a sweep ?

or

That the Flyers "sucked" all year ?

And hockey is only fun when the Flyers are winning ?

1 - I said devils in 5

2 - the flyers did suck all year (evidenced by making playoffs on a fucking shootout, last day of season)

3 - hockey does suck. I can't watch the sport unless the flyers are playing. hockey rules are the dumbest in sports (cut by high stick is 4 mins, break stick on slash is automatic penalty, icing is arbitrary call, fight in last 5 mins of game is a misconduct -- and suspension for player AND coach, etc, etc, etc). Bettman is eliminating physical play and turning the NHL into the Ice Capades. The refs have way too much influence on game's outcome in hockey (much more than the other 3 major sports)

That being said, I will always watch and support the flyers whether they're winning or losing

dude your number 3 is idiotic. the game is much better today that it was 5-10 years ago. The rules changes since the lockout have absolutely made it a much better game. Maybe you are too young to remember the Devils left wing lock era where if you didn't score 1st, or were down going into a 3rd period you had absolutely no chance of coming back and winning because the officials allowed any and all clutching and grabbing and interference by the defense. Also no 2-line passes were allowed. How many scoring chances are generated today because of 2-line passes (look up that absurd rule from the past if you don't know what it is). the sad part of the old rules is if the current rules were in place when Lindros and LeClair were here this franchise probably would have won multiple Cups then because those 2 were almost unstoppable even with the ridiculous officiating then.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Thats why I dont blame refs or whine..eventually you will get your chance in the series

Funny part last night was when Briere got high sticked and was bleeding the announcers were like oh he got hit with a stick....not mentioning the 4 min PP that was missed in a 2 goal game at the time

he wasn't bleeding. did have a nice shiner
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:

He was bleedling quite a bit, got a bunch of stitches too.

Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah I was gonna say...he was cut pretty good

I'm sure its nice and swollen today

Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah I was gonna say...he was cut pretty good

I'm sure its nice and swollen today
    No doubt. From the replay I could possibly see if a ref thought it he got hit with the puck on the shot, but I think they just missed it altogether.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

just read an article....i don't remember the blood, but the shot they showed of him on the bench...looked like he had a nice shiner. either way, it was a penalty that was missed...but there have been a bunch of missed high sticks on both sides during the series.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited June 2010
    pjhawks wrote :
    dude your number 3 is idiotic. the game is much better today that it was 5-10 years ago. The rules changes since the lockout have absolutely made it a much better game. Maybe you are too young to remember the Devils left wing lock era where if you didn't score 1st, or were down going into a 3rd period you had absolutely no chance of coming back and winning because the officials allowed any and all clutching and grabbing and interference by the defense. Also no 2-line passes were allowed. How many scoring chances are generated today because of 2-line passes (look up that absurd rule from the past if you don't know what it is). the sad part of the old rules is if the current rules were in place when Lindros and LeClair were here this franchise probably would have won multiple Cups then because those 2 were almost unstoppable even with the ridiculous officiating then.

I agree ...

If anything with the rule changes the hitting has been up..the fighting has been down no doubt with the instigator rule and the last 5 mins of a game rule but the game is much faster now and hard hitting

The clutching/grabbing/interference was out of control for far too many years..you dumped the puck in and the forwards couldn't even get there to get the puck

The deliberate shots to the head has to be stopped which I think was passed but nothing better then catching a guy clean with his head down

If someone thinks Hockey sucks there really isn't much convincing you can do
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

just read an article....i don't remember the blood, but the shot they showed of him on the bench...looked like he had a nice shiner. either way, it was a penalty that was missed...but there have been a bunch of missed high sticks on both sides during the series.
    Nothing new there, refs miss tons of high sticks (among other things).
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

They missed the Gagne one on Campbell I believe

Not Hartnell's...he's not too subtle with anything :lol:

Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

They missed the Gagne one on Campbell I believe

Not Hartnell's...he's not too subtle with anything :lol:
    Idiot needs a haircut.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    if anyone is interested....playoff presale ticket info

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... 4b92df4a0c

pw = 09PCYBER

Presale begins TODAY, April 7 at 2:00pm

I have received almost 10 emails about purchasing flyers playoff tix. this team isn't even gonna sell out their playoff games (I'm not wasting money to go watch this shitty team get swept).

hate to say it, but they are better off missing the playoffs and saving themselves the embarrassment in round 1 (though I can't root for them to lose to the rangers, who are my most hated hockey team).

BAM!

It's cool though..this season was so up an down

ha, nice...my official prediction was NJ in 5. I have picked against the flyers in every series. I said Hawks in 5 too