The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2010
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

can't wait...

Woah

Is this is the same guy that said Devils in a sweep ?

or

That the Flyers "sucked" all year ?

And hockey is only fun when the Flyers are winning ?

1 - I said devils in 5

2 - the flyers did suck all year (evidenced by making playoffs on a fucking shootout, last day of season)

3 - hockey does suck. I can't watch the sport unless the flyers are playing. hockey rules are the dumbest in sports (cut by high stick is 4 mins, break stick on slash is automatic penalty, icing is arbitrary call, fight in last 5 mins of game is a misconduct -- and suspension for player AND coach, etc, etc, etc). Bettman is eliminating physical play and turning the NHL into the Ice Capades. The refs have way too much influence on game's outcome in hockey (much more than the other 3 major sports)

That being said, I will always watch and support the flyers whether they're winning or losing

dude your number 3 is idiotic. the game is much better today that it was 5-10 years ago. The rules changes since the lockout have absolutely made it a much better game. Maybe you are too young to remember the Devils left wing lock era where if you didn't score 1st, or were down going into a 3rd period you had absolutely no chance of coming back and winning because the officials allowed any and all clutching and grabbing and interference by the defense. Also no 2-line passes were allowed. How many scoring chances are generated today because of 2-line passes (look up that absurd rule from the past if you don't know what it is). the sad part of the old rules is if the current rules were in place when Lindros and LeClair were here this franchise probably would have won multiple Cups then because those 2 were almost unstoppable even with the ridiculous officiating then.[/quote]

the left wing lock was the red wings dude. the devils played a neutral zone trap

you get points in the standings for losing a hockey game too. add that to the list
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    He was bleedling quite a bit, got a bunch of stitches too.

just read an article....i don't remember the blood, but the shot they showed of him on the bench...looked like he had a nice shiner. either way, it was a penalty that was missed...but there have been a bunch of missed high sticks on both sides during the series.
    Nothing new there, refs miss tons of high sticks (among other things).

gagne caught campbell with a high stick that wasn't called. and they showed timonen and pronger getting away with cross checks. like someone mentioned, those calls usually even themselves out.

the refs have been fine. the flyers didn't play well last night and they got their asses kicked. need to rest up and be ready to play on wednesday
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Hockey in late 90's/early 00's was pretty miserable to watch. I only liked it because the Flyers were a loaded team. It was infuriating watching them lose to a crappy Florida Panthers team because refs would never call a hooking or holding penalty. And they never penalized them for delay of game for their fans throwing 10,000 plastic rats onto the ice. Why'd they put a team in fucking Miami anyway?!? Not that I hold a grudge...

Anyways, something like that Flyers' comeback from 3-0 in Game 7 vs. Bruins could never happen the way the rules were before the lockout. Now games are still exciting even if it's a 2 or 3-goal game.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    Hockey in late 90's/early 00's was pretty miserable to watch. I only liked it because the Flyers were a loaded team. It was infuriating watching them lose to a crappy Florida Panthers team because refs would never call a hooking or holding penalty. And they never penalized them for delay of game for their fans throwing 10,000 plastic rats onto the ice. Why'd they put a team in fucking Miami anyway?!? Not that I hold a grudge...

Anyways, something like that Flyers' comeback from 3-0 in Game 7 vs. Bruins could never happen the way the rules were before the lockout. Now games are still exciting even if it's a 2 or 3-goal game.

i agree 100% on the florida series - that was nauseating watching them throw the rats on the ice. hockey was almost like soccer back then. to me the game is 1000 times better today than back then. even last night down 3-0 at the end of 1 you thought there was at least a chance.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    like your city...you're fucked
    Philadelphia has been downhill since 1776
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Sawyer wrote:

wow what a tool! :lol::lol::lol:

is this guy for real?
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Sawyer wrote:

is this guy for real?

it's not even worth it....he can "talk" smack between his mouthfulls of hot dogs, but he sure can't back anything up.....ask him about his "fine" city....oh wait, that's right, he lives in a village. :lol:

if i ever see ol EDD VEDD on the road, i'm gonna check him into the boards.

i kid i kid...i'm a good driver. very responsible. i mean no harm to anyone.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Lavy said he's made his mind up about who's starting in goal

It's gotta be Leighton I would think
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    81 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

is this guy for real?

it's not even worth it....he can "talk" smack between his mouthfulls of hot dogs, but he sure can't back anything up.....ask him about his "fine" city....oh wait, that's right, he lives in a village. :lol:

if i ever see ol EDD VEDD on the road, i'm gonna check him into the boards.

i kid i kid...i'm a good driver. very responsible. i mean no harm to anyone.

He's just pissed because he couldn't get his XXL T-shirt in Philly

One too many Steaks from Geno's

i don't think it much matters. neither one makes you go wow, that's our goaltender. they have to play better D in front of him. Can't let the Hawks skate around in the offensive zone for 15 minutes out of a period, with the other 5 being between the blue lines.

but regardless of who is in net, they can't let in soft goals.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i don't think it much matters. neither one makes you go wow, that's our goaltender. they have to play better D in front of him. Can't let the Hawks skate around in the offensive zone for 15 minutes out of a period, with the other 5 being between the blue lines.

both goalies are average at best, but Leighton has played more than boucher. As long as Leighton's knee isn't an issue (apparently he got hit with a shot in warmups that bruised his knee), then he has to get the nod.

81 is right on the money though...team has to play better or it doesn't matter who is in net. soft goals too.

this team needs a real goalie next year. I've been saying that for the last 15 years. ugh
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

both goalies are average at best, but Leighton has played more than boucher. As long as Leighton's knee isn't an issue (apparently he got hit with a shot in warmups that bruised his knee), then he has to get the nod.

81 is right on the money though...team has to play better or it doesn't matter who is in net. soft goals too.

this team needs a real goalie next year. I've been saying that for the last 15 years. ugh

Oh absolutely

I dont think either can steal a game for us against this team like in the prior rounds

Leighton is 6-0 at home and has played pretty poorly in CHI..start Boosh if it goes 7 ?

Not totally Leighton's fault in CHI but he has seemed nervous there and let in some softies

I'm 6'4 225 and a former college basketball player...man, you guys really have no ammo on me. However, keep up the good work:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5263921

fucking trash city
    Sawyer wrote:
    I'm 6'4 225 and a former college basketball player...man, you guys really have no ammo on me. However, keep up the good work:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5263921

fucking trash city

Whatever dude

You're fuckin troll....get a life

Go eat another donut chubby

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Sawyer wrote:
    I'm 6'4 225 and a former college basketball player...

...who apparently likes men, and is enthralled by a tv show like a woman.

And, like I said, I'll have no problem showing you around this city, Silver Spoon.

And it's funny how you had nothing to say when your team lost two games in a row. Puff your chest when you win, bud.
    Hahahhahahaha, NOW i remember you....weren't you the douchebag that was looking for the most expensive steakhouse in Philly when you were here? Hahahahahhaha, yeah that was you. What......a.....tool. He SCREAMS pretentious.
    ...and went there too...sliders were ridiculously good...i'll give you that
    Barkley's Prime...like to thank Dad for that one..like a real life Ricky Schroeder!
    Sawyer wrote:

I know. You must love that food to be fitting snugly into an XL.

Hahahahah, yeah, here it is - Barclay Prime you were asking about. What a douche. And you actually wanted people from here, on the board, to be cordial and nice to you with recommendations and suggestions on where to say, yet you want to shit on their hometown? You are the epitome of a fucking douchebag. I wish someone told you to stay in North Philly now. Tool.
    Sawyer wrote:

Hahahahah, yeah, here it is - Barclay Prime you were asking about. What a douche. And you actually wanted people from here, on the board, to be cordial and nice to you with recommendations and suggestions on where to say, yet you want to shit on their hometown? You are the epitome of a fucking douchebag. I wish someone told you to stay in North Philly now. Tool.

says the guy with the Obama avatar...yeah...you're a bright one
    Sawyer wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

says the guy with the Obama avatar...yeah...you're a bright one

Please explain to me what that has to do with you being an ungrateful douchebag, or the fact that you can consume enough food to fit into an XL?
    Sawyer wrote:

why is it humorous to eat at a great restaurant...would you come to Chicago and eat at a fucking Steak & Shake...I'm confused
    Sawyer wrote:

i'm not really sure what point you are trying to make, but here is a cookie for ya

cookie.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    You guys need to chill out and stick to your own threads or somethin.
    81 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

i'm not really sure what point you are trying to make, but here is a cookie for ya

cookie.jpg

guess who wears a XXL...Chris Pronger....he's a real fat ass isn't he....nice work guys.
    Sawyer wrote:
    why is it humorous to eat at a great restaurant...would you come to Chicago and eat at a fucking Steak & Shake...I'm confused

Unlike you, I like to go to the place off the beaten path, without a big name, and a bigger price to go along with - especially to go to a fucking steakhouse for fucking sliders. Though, I'm sure they were only an appetizer to come before the next six courses you were going to stuff down.

I like to go to places where the staff doesn't wear fake smiles so they can kiss people like your kind's asses to get a nice tip.
    Rygar wrote:

No shit. Have you noticed this dude can't stick to the Hawks thread about his team? Because he likes to be an ass, and insult people - the same people he asked for help from when coming to visit here for the Eddie show.
    Sawyer wrote:

Unlike you, I like to go to the place off the beaten path, without a big name, and a bigger price to go along with - especially to go to a fucking steakhouse for fucking sliders. Though, I'm sure they were only an appetizer to come before the next six courses you were going to stuff down.

I like to go to places where the staff doesn't wear fake smiles so they can kiss people like your kind's asses to get a nice tip.

sound like jealousy to me...go to school...get a good job...enjoy the finer things in life...done
    Rygar wrote:

No shit. Have you noticed this dude can't stick to the Hawks thread about his team? Because he likes to be an ass, and insult people - the same people he asked for help from when coming to visit here for the Eddie show.

or maybe I recognize it is a a fucking message board for fun, and giving people shit from opposing cities is something rivals do.....but take it personally...it is actually more fun...no response to the legit pronger comment I made...what a glutton he must be at Barclays.