The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Re: God Bless America - Yep, they played it before Game 5 vs. Montreal. I think they have in all the playoff games.

Re: Broad Street Bullies - hell ya - I grew up hearing so many stories about that team. That game against the Russians is absolutely legendary! Prissy Canadiens couldn't beat them, could they? At least they beat the Flyers and their backup goalie.

Re: Carter - yeah he doesn't look good. I'd rather see JVR out there.

Wow, this series is really awesome! Can't wait for Game 4.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Great win yesterday. I still feel that the Flyers are playing better that the Hawks this series. its was funny, listening to the radio yesterday, it sounded like the series was over but today all the talk was about how this is going to be a long series.

man i hate the fan590 here in toronto.

GO FLYERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Re: God Bless America - Yep, they played it before Game 5 vs. Montreal. I think they have in all the playoff games.

Re: Broad Street Bullies - hell ya - I grew up hearing so many stories about that team. That game against the Russians is absolutely legendary! Prissy Canadiens couldn't beat them, could they? At least they beat the Flyers and their backup goalie.

Re: Carter - yeah he doesn't look good. I'd rather see JVR out there.

Wow, this series is really awesome! Can't wait for Game 4.

Carter i think had little moments where he looked like good but he did have alot of turnovers which could have cost us the game. I would rather see JVR back but to play with Giroux
    fife wrote:
    Great win yesterday. I still feel that the Flyers are playing better that the Hawks this series. its was funny, listening to the radio yesterday, it sounded like the series was over but today all the talk was about how this is going to be a long series.

It's always premature to call a series over when a home team hasn't lost yet. Anyone really watching should know that the Flyers have played very evenly so far in this series, even before Game 3.

Also, the Blackhawks power play looks really bad, and the Flyers are on fire on the PP.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    too bad its not tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I love the spacing in their offensive sets..great game last night
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    fife wrote:

It's always premature to call a series over when a home team hasn't lost yet. Anyone really watching should know that the Flyers have played very evenly so far in this series, even before Game 3.

Also, the Blackhawks power play looks really bad, and the Flyers are on fire on the PP.

I agree completely with you. the funny thing is that these are supossed to be experts in hockey and they talk like they never watch the games. I think this is a very even series. the flyers could be up 3-0 IMO or could be down 3-0. they have all been 1 goal games.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Pats54 wrote:
    Is that Carter's mo? Having no dog in the fight that was a great hockey game. Still think this thing goes 7. Missed the f'n OT b/c I dvr'd the game.

yeah tends to glide out there

He's considered soft...one dimensional

When he's hot he's tough to stop but getting hot might not be until next year..I honestly think he's not in playoff hockey shape right now..he broke his foot twice and had surgery so he missed a lot of game action

Practice and riding the bike cannot get you ready for the Finals

Edit : Heres all you need to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMomZhFtmnI

8-)

carter blows. he set the record for getting stoned in a playoff series last year vs the pens.

last night is probably one of the 5 best sporting events I've ever attended. awesome. paying for it today though...so hungover
    fife wrote:
    Great win yesterday. I still feel that the Flyers are playing better that the Hawks this series.

you must be watching different games than me. flyers struggled getting the puck out of their zone for half the game last night.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

you must be watching different games than me. flyers struggled getting the puck out of their zone for half the game last night.

and the other half, Chicago struggled with it. it's been a very even series with one team dominating play for a bit, than the other team taking over. at least that's my take on it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

and the other half, Chicago struggled with it. it's been a very even series with one team dominating play for a bit, than the other team taking over. at least that's my take on it.

Agree 100% percent big momentum shifts each way.
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the series has been pretty even but i think chicago has been the better team. if the flyers goalies didn't let up soft goals they could be up in the series. but, they have, as they always seem to do in the playoffs

game 1 was a mess on both sides
    game 2 was domination by chicago until a 3rd period run by the flyers
    game 3 was pretty even
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    pretty kick ass Flyers tune. Maybe should be our official theme song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZtBe_o5xf0
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972

Fuck The Boils. Never liked 'em. Instead join Flyer Frank's page. :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Sg ... 323?ref=ts
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802

Fuck The Boils. Never liked 'em. Instead join Flyer Frank's page. :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Sg ... 323?ref=ts

I never heard of them until today.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Only 12 more hours til the Game.

GO FLYERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still hoping for a big game from Richards and please carter you can't beat 5 players so just dump it in and go fight for the puck.
    another $ 500 on the flyboys tonight? :mrgreen:

let it roll baby roll
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Only 6 more hours. planning on leaving work early to start my drinking. :D
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I know Politicans do some low things but this is crazy ! :x

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,245582

Politician wants Penguins fans to support Flyers Cup run
    By Sean Leahy

Every spring during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, local politicians from opposing cities are known to make silly wagers with each other, with the payoff typically local cuisine. That's pretty much the standard as far as the involvement of politicians in the playoffs: Ride the back of the team's success to get some face time on TV by showing your support.

But in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, one city councilman is standing by himself with an initiative he introduced this week for the Stanley Cup Finals.

On Tuesday Councilman Matt Drozd introduced a proclamation asking for statewide support of the Philadelphia Flyers as they vie for the Cup against the Chicago Blackhawks.

What major city is right smack in the middle of Allegheny County?

That's right: Pittsburgh, home of the rival Penguins.

Despite the location of his district, Drozd is trying to drum up interest among the Pittsburgh faithful to support the Flyers, believing that the revenues generated by a third Flyers Cup would result in lower taxes for not only his constituents in Allegheny County, but across the entire state.

Drozd explained his thought process to the Tribune-Review:

"People gotta look beyond here," he said. "This is an opportunity to cut taxes and bring in revenue. It's my job to cut taxes, and how do you cut taxes? You bring in revenue."

By his calculations, a Flyers victory would draw visitors, which equals money for the state -- and, by extension, he says, the county. The choice is obvious, even for a die-hard Pittsburgh sports fan as Drozd.

"When the Penguins lost, all the air went out of the sails (for fans). But this is a no-brainer," Drozd said. "Why would we want to see that revenue go somewhere else?"

Drozd, an admitted Penguins fan, told local radio station 93.7 The Fan this week that "when" Sidney Crosby(notes) and company are back in the Stanley Cup Finals next year, he'd expect Philadelphia fans to reciprocate the support.

Perhaps he's never been inside Wachovia Center for a Flyers-Penguins game?

It's a bold move by Drozd, but trying to dictate the rooting interests of sports team, especially rivals, no matter what the goal is, is a sure-fire way to fail. It was bad enough when Penguins fans were trying to decide whether or not to support the Flyers or root for Marian Hossa(notes); they don't need a politician to try and sway their feelings.

Best part is when he says about Flyers fans rooting for the Penguins next year :lol::lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I sure wasn't rooting for the Penguins the last couple years. I wasn't rooting for the Red Wings either, actually.

I know Politicans do some low things but this is crazy ! :x

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,245582

Politician wants Penguins fans to support Flyers Cup run
    By Sean Leahy

Every spring during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, local politicians from opposing cities are known to make silly wagers with each other, with the payoff typically local cuisine. That's pretty much the standard as far as the involvement of politicians in the playoffs: Ride the back of the team's success to get some face time on TV by showing your support.

But in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, one city councilman is standing by himself with an initiative he introduced this week for the Stanley Cup Finals.

On Tuesday Councilman Matt Drozd introduced a proclamation asking for statewide support of the Philadelphia Flyers as they vie for the Cup against the Chicago Blackhawks.

What major city is right smack in the middle of Allegheny County?

That's right: Pittsburgh, home of the rival Penguins.

Despite the location of his district, Drozd is trying to drum up interest among the Pittsburgh faithful to support the Flyers, believing that the revenues generated by a third Flyers Cup would result in lower taxes for not only his constituents in Allegheny County, but across the entire state.

Drozd explained his thought process to the Tribune-Review:

"People gotta look beyond here," he said. "This is an opportunity to cut taxes and bring in revenue. It's my job to cut taxes, and how do you cut taxes? You bring in revenue."

By his calculations, a Flyers victory would draw visitors, which equals money for the state -- and, by extension, he says, the county. The choice is obvious, even for a die-hard Pittsburgh sports fan as Drozd.

"When the Penguins lost, all the air went out of the sails (for fans). But this is a no-brainer," Drozd said. "Why would we want to see that revenue go somewhere else?"

Drozd, an admitted Penguins fan, told local radio station 93.7 The Fan this week that "when" Sidney Crosby(notes) and company are back in the Stanley Cup Finals next year, he'd expect Philadelphia fans to reciprocate the support.

Perhaps he's never been inside Wachovia Center for a Flyers-Penguins game?

It's a bold move by Drozd, but trying to dictate the rooting interests of sports team, especially rivals, no matter what the goal is, is a sure-fire way to fail. It was bad enough when Penguins fans were trying to decide whether or not to support the Flyers or root for Marian Hossa(notes); they don't need a politician to try and sway their feelings.

Best part is when he says about Flyers fans rooting for the Penguins next year :lol::lol:

this just made my day. Oh and it is now 4 and a half hours to the game.

GO FLYERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the bandwagon fans are every where. people that didn't watch a regular season game are wearing black hawk stuff to the office. i need to call her a fraud.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    im confused all of a sudden ..i think i like the hawks tonight

who to bet who to bet??????
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    im confused all of a sudden ..i think i like the hawks tonight

who to bet who to bet??????

You're wearing thin on me, friend.

LET'S GO YOU SONSABITCHES!
    crazy game.....right back in the series. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    crazy game.....right back in the series. :D

not sure about you guys, but my ass hole got pretty tight during those last 4 minutes.

a buddy is already working on tix for game 6

amazing
    it seemed over at 4-1...

not quite sure i understand the time out.

seemed like once chicago had the power plays in the 3rd, they just took over. then again, philly stopped attacking and were playing ice and chase. tough to do that for long periods.

i'll take two more any why they can get em.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    actually, i knew they were in trouble when the showed some guy with a Lindros jersey. bad mojo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    actually, i knew they were in trouble when the showed some guy with a Lindros jersey. bad mojo

ha, I thought the same thing. I still have my black 88 jersey hanging in my closet. haven't worn that thing in a decade
    81 wrote:
    it seemed over at 4-1...

not quite sure i understand the time out.

seemed like once chicago had the power plays in the 3rd, they just took over. then again, philly stopped attacking and were playing ice and chase. tough to do that for long periods.

i'll take two more any why they can get em.

I actually like the time out. the flyers get a goal on that PP and the game was over. laviolette just wanted to make sure his best guys were rested and focused.

the PP was pretty shitty tonight

fucking leino has been out of his mind