The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    yeah, seemed like they were giving up more short handed shots than pp shots. brutal. but a win is a win.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Glad they won although I missed most of the game. Saw The National at The Electric Factory. They did have the game on in between sets and off to the side so saw some of it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    yeah, seemed like they were giving up more short handed shots than pp shots. brutal. but a win is a win.
    Are you from Philly? or do you just have some weird fetish hatred towards the Blackhawks?

Just wondering.

Sox are in the shit hole, but I sure ain't giving up as a fan, and the Hawks will pull through this..

Seriously, WTF? Don't make me hate you.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

8-)

OTHER THAN THE LAST 5 MINUTES - ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED THAT GAME. HAWKS HAVEN'T SEEN SHIIIIT LIKE THAT ALL PLAYOOFFS!!!! WE'RE COMIN!!!! WE'RE FUCKIN COMIN!!!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lucky that timeout didn't hurt them at the end

we have a series :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Fuckin right we have a series boys !!!!

I knew that 5-3 was going to swing momentum..we kill it off we win 4-1 obviously we saw what happened when we didn't kill it

I knew it was are night when that Leino pinball shot when in

PRONGER 27 mins of ice time a +4 the dude is sick

BTW he "stole" the puck at the end of the game :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    81 wrote:
    Are you from Philly? or do you just have some weird fetish hatred towards the Blackhawks?

Just wondering.

Sox are in the shit hole, but I sure ain't giving up as a fan, and the Hawks will pull through this..

why would you hate me, i've been trying to get you a date? :lol:

born and raised in Ohio....long time Flyers fan. if the Hawks wern't playing the Flyers, i'd pull for them. all but one Hawks fan that i have ran across have been cool......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    it seemed over at 4-1...

not quite sure i understand the time out.

seemed like once chicago had the power plays in the 3rd, they just took over. then again, philly stopped attacking and were playing ice and chase. tough to do that for long periods.

i'll take two more any why they can get em.

I actually like the time out. the flyers get a goal on that PP and the game was over. laviolette just wanted to make sure his best guys were rested and focused.

the PP was pretty shitty tonight

fucking leino has been out of his mind

Leino has been unreal and how about Giroux !?!?!

26 pts in 27 playoff games

He is so solid on his skate with that low center of gravity

Dumb quote award to Toes I mean Toews :

“We knew that it was going to be a long series and not everything is going to go your way,” Chicago captain Jonathan Toews(notes) said. “It would have been good to be up 4-0 by now, but that’s not reality. It’s frustrating, but we have to find a way to battle through things.”

How can you be up 4-0 in a series ? Its called you won the series..maybe he thinks a 7 game series means you have to win 7 games :lol:

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Just wondering.

why would you hate me, i've been trying to get you a date? :lol:

born and raised in Ohio....long time Flyers fan. if the Hawks wern't playing the Flyers, i'd pull for them. all but one Hawks fan that i have ran across have been cool......
    Ah, ok.. makes sense.. No hating here. That was drunk LikeAnOcean talking..

Speaking of dates, who you got lined up for me next? :lol:
    HUGE Game tonight !

I wish this game was at 3pm...Its nerve racking waiting all day

BTW locally 610wip will be synched with the live feed so we dont have to listen to Toolbag Emrick

If ya missed the CSN pre-game some fan was holding this up.....

cameltaves.png

Also someone had a sign that read : "Don't Toews me bro.."

:mrgreen:

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    HUGE Game tonight !

BTW locally 610wip will be synched with the live feed so we dont have to listen to Toolbag Emrick

cameltaves.png

It's gonna be really nerve-racking waiting 'til Wednesday for Game 6!

I don't think Doc is that bad, actually. For a couple years he actually was the Flyers' announcer (late 80s I think).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    HUGE Game tonight !

cameltaves.png

It's gonna be really nerve-racking waiting 'til Wednesday for Game 6!

I don't think Doc is that bad, actually. For a couple years he actually was the Flyers' announcer (late 80s I think).

Yeah I remember..he was with Clement

I just think he over does it now..he's coming across like a phony

I liked Gary Thorne-Clement team on ESPN the best as far as National broadcasts

Gene Hart is untouchable locally

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Only 6 more hours. I am really feeling really good. If the Flyers can handle the 1st period we will be OK.

LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm fired up for tonight's game as well. I was thinking about it...tonight will be the biggest flyers game I have ever watched. I am too young to remember much about the '87 series vs edmonton. the series in '97 was just a 4 game ass kicking. tonight is a pivotal game...not necessarily a must win, but obviously important.

can't wait...
    surround sound with live areana setting > *

i hear the sticks, the boards, the puck, the fans but very little talking heads
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    maybe Comcast can pay off the refs further?
    i think we all know if there payoffs to be made, it would be by Chicago.....home of the jailed governor.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    HUGE !!!!!!!

cup and nba finals same time :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    just rolled out of bed......and i feel the need to say.........LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

gary thorne was the shit. not many call a game like him. i really wish he landed a job with OLN/VS after the lock out. while i do like sam rosen calling the NYR games, it was a nice treat to hear thorne call the espn ranger games in the 90's every now and then.
    HUGE !!!!!!!

cup and nba finals same time :roll:

dumb....nba should have played last night
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited June 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm fired up for tonight's game as well. I was thinking about it...tonight will be the biggest flyers game I have ever watched. I am too young to remember much about the '87 series vs edmonton. the series in '97 was just a 4 game ass kicking. tonight is a pivotal game...not necessarily a must win, but obviously important.

can't wait...

Woah

Is this is the same guy that said Devils in a sweep ?

or

That the Flyers "sucked" all year ?

And hockey is only fun when the Flyers are winning ?
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

edited June 2010
    rival. wrote:

gary thorne was the shit. not many call a game like him. i really wish he landed a job with OLN/VS after the lock out. while i do like sam rosen calling the NYR games, it was a nice treat to hear thorne call the espn ranger games in the 90's every now and then.

They had great chemistry (Thorne-Clement)

I like Rosen believe it or not even though I'm a Flyers fan

I would rather have Rosen in there then Emrick
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

I only pull this this gem out once in awhile....

"I learned early on during my stay in Philadelphia you need not be the most talented, the most skilled, the best goal scorer, nor the best play maker. But if you play with passion, desire and a blue-collar attitude, you would and could be embraced, more than you could ever imagine. I took great pride in putting on my Flyers jersey because I felt as though every time I did I had your support. I will always give credit to the fans of Philadelphia for creating my identity as a player and as a person and for that I humbly thank you." - Keith Primeau

:clap: :thumbup:

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    phuck philly.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I only pull this this gem out once in awhile....

"I learned early on during my stay in Philadelphia you need not be the most talented, the most skilled, the best goal scorer, nor the best play maker. But if you play with passion, desire and a blue-collar attitude, you would and could be embraced, more than you could ever imagine. I took great pride in putting on my Flyers jersey because I felt as though every time I did I had your support. I will always give credit to the fans of Philadelphia for creating my identity as a player and as a person and for that I humbly thank you." - Keith Primeau

:clap: :thumbup:

he was a beast during the 06 (the tampa year) playoff run. single handly carried the team to the confrence finals.

Sami was fun to watch as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I might actually like this goal better than the 5OT Goal in 2000. His performance that year was unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkl8uX_XaU
    i'm suprised the douche bag isn't here yet....

what a terrible first period by teh Flyers. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Well, the first period was a good old-fashioned ass-kicking. Maybe we can show up for the rest of the game.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16