The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't think the flyers deserved to win last night. I think chicago got the better of the play until the 3rd period.

toughest part about the 1st two games was the fact that the GW goals have been weak as hell. as a flyers fan, what the fuck else is new?

Also, I wish jeff carter was still on the team

at some point this organization will value goaltending. until then we will be stuck with the likes of Garth Snow, Roman Checkmanek and Michael Leighton.

at some point Laviolette will stop playing the Krajicek-Bartulis/Parent pairing together. that pairing has been brutal all playoffs long.

I give Carter somewhat of a break as he is coming off two broken bones in the past 2 months. Richards hasn't done squat in this series offensively.

kind of hard to believe down 2-0 without the Hawks top line scoring at all or really generating much at all. Pronger has been great as usual. the rest not so much.

yeah, you'd think they would learn their lesson by now and stabalize the goalie position.

I'm not a carter fan at all...never have been. if he doesn't score, he isn't contributing anything to the team. Richards does everything, so if he isn't scoring he can still have a good game (I think they're eerily similar to howard and utley)

pronger is a beast. leino played great last night too.

I don't know how people are saying the flyers deserved to win last night though. they played great in the 3rd, but I thought they got dominated in the first 2 periods (they were lucky they were only down 2 going into the 3rd).

been a nice run, but I'm afraid it's over...I give them credit as I thought they were gonna lose to the devils in 5. The Hawks are simply the better team. They giftwrapped game 1 for the flyers and they couldn't take advantage. This series is over, even if the flyers are lucky enough to win the next 2 games
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't think the flyers deserved to win last night. I think chicago got the better of the play until the 3rd period.

toughest part about the 1st two games was the fact that the GW goals have been weak as hell. as a flyers fan, what the fuck else is new?

Also, I wish jeff carter was still on the team

at some point this organization will value goaltending. until then we will be stuck with the likes of Garth Snow, Roman Checkmanek and Michael Leighton.

at some point Laviolette will stop playing the Krajicek-Bartulis/Parent pairing together. that pairing has been brutal all playoffs long.

I give Carter somewhat of a break as he is coming off two broken bones in the past 2 months. Richards hasn't done squat in this series offensively.

kind of hard to believe down 2-0 without the Hawks top line scoring at all or really generating much at all. Pronger has been great as usual. the rest not so much.

yeah, you'd think they would learn their lesson by now and stabalize the goalie position.

I'm not a carter fan at all...never have been. if he doesn't score, he isn't contributing anything to the team. Richards does everything, so if he isn't scoring he can still have a good game (I think they're eerily similar to howard and utley)

pronger is a beast. leino played great last night too.

I don't know how people are saying the flyers deserved to win last night though. they played great in the 3rd, but I thought they got dominated in the first 2 periods (they were lucky they were only down 2 going into the 3rd).

been a nice run, but I'm afraid it's over...I give them credit as I thought they were gonna lose to the devils in 5. The Hawks are simply the better team. They giftwrapped game 1 for the flyers and they couldn't take advantage. This series is over, even if the flyers are lucky enough to win the next 2 games

agree losing game 1 was very bad for this team. had a great opportunity there and didn't take advantage. I also think they are done. hopefully they can win game 3 to at least make it interesting and make the Blackhawks sweat at least a bit.

Pronger is becoming one of my all time favorite Philly athletes. other than being a stud I love his attitude - his press conferences are classic. not a whole of bs to him.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    so pronger robbed both pucks after the 1st two games :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so pronger robbed both pucks after the 1st two games :lol:

:lol:

threw em in the trash where they belong :lol:

you've been betting Flyers haven't you
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Big game tonight. I think Richards line plays great today.

LET'S GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOW OR NEVER GUYS
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    anyone else going to the game tonight? just got tickets. will be cool to say I was at a stanley cup finals game, but I feel like I'm going to a funeral. I hope this works out better than the last flyers playoff game I went to (game 6 vs pittsburgh last year)
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i still think this will be a long series. isn't over by any stretch of the imagination. flyers are tough at home.. this could be 2-2 going back to chicago for a game 5.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Carcillo better F someone up tonight......im feeling rowdy with it
    UpSideDown wrote:

enough of the Carcillo talk already. way too much talk about the last forward dressed. what we need is our goaltender not to give up soft goals, get a lead for more than 2 minutes, and the Richards-Carter-Gagne line to dominate.

Flyers win tonight and the series comes down to friday night in my opinion. although not feeling real confident about the series at this point. got to make it tough on the blackhawks by winning tonight and putting some pressure back on them.
    pjhawks wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

enough of the Carcillo talk already. way too much talk about the last forward dressed. what we need is our goaltender not to give up soft goals, get a lead for more than 2 minutes, and the Richards-Carter-Gagne line to dominate.

Flyers win tonight and the series comes down to friday night in my opinion. although not feeling real confident about the series at this point. got to make it tough on the blackhawks by winning tonight and putting some pressure back on them.

I agree with most of this. I think the series is over even if the flyers win these next two games. Chicago is too good to lose 4 of next 5. The flyers blew this series when they lost game 1, which the hawks practically gave them.

They should dress JVR and bench carter
    [talking head]just remember the old saying... a series doesn't begin until the home team loses.

that said....tonight is a must win for Philly. as well all know, only 3 NHL teams have ever come back from being down 3-0. i don't see it happening twice in one playoff year. [/talking head]
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    oh by the way im putting a nickel on the flyers tonight... :D

we screwed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

we screwed

im due for a good night :mrgreen: ...hopefully
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Only 3 more hours to go. don't give up. we need a big win tonight.

GO FLYERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    friggen local radio station playing the song that the hawks play after goals. :puke:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    81 wrote:
    friggen local radio station playing the song that the hawks play after goals. :puke:

Probably THE WORST goal song ever. Hopefully there's enough Bro Hymn for everyone tonight.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Lo and behold the Stanley Cupcake!

30297_400018076810_87169796810_4619351_3109290_s.jpg

larger image:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pi ... 7169796810
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    $500 on the flyboys

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    $500 on the flyboys

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks...................jerk.
    ken daneyko is such a meathead. i hate listening to that fucking guy in between periods.
    rival. wrote:
    ken daneyko is such a meathead. i hate listening to that fucking guy in between periods.

brutal indeed. thankfully, the forum is here to distract me during the talking heads portion of the telecast
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

brutal indeed. thankfully, the forum is here to distract me during the talking heads portion of the telecast

dude, he is part of the MSG intermission report. i have to listen to him during EVERY ranger game. like we didn't hate him enough as a player.......
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Giroux!!! :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    must be nice to NEVER get a penalty over the course of a game....Hawks just want to win at home.