The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fife wrote:
    I'd try and package Coburn,Cousins and the 41st and try and get another mid 1st rd pick.

why are they going to trade defense? that is the major hole beside goalie that this team needs.
    They need to move Coburn and Mez to create more cap. Coburn hasn't been what they hoped for. He's been better then avg but he hasn't been what they thought. This draft is so deep that you HAVE to try and take full advantage of it.

yeah, guys always get drafted and step right into an NHL lineup. Especially defenseman. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:
    I'd try and package Coburn,Cousins and the 41st and try and get another mid 1st rd pick.

why are they going to trade defense? that is the major hole beside goalie that this team needs.
    They need to move Coburn and Mez to create more cap. Coburn hasn't been what they hoped for. He's been better then avg but he hasn't been what they thought. This draft is so deep that you HAVE to try and take full advantage of it.

yeah, guys always get drafted and step right into an NHL lineup. Especially defenseman. :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

defense men takes years to develop with no guarantee. Just asked the lightning with hedmen.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    why are they going to trade defense? that is the major hole beside goalie that this team needs.[/quote]
    They need to move Coburn and Mez to create more cap. Coburn hasn't been what they hoped for. He's been better then avg but he hasn't been what they thought. This draft is so deep that you HAVE to try and take full advantage of it.[/quote]

yeah, guys always get drafted and step right into an NHL lineup. Especially defenseman. :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]
    Let me reread what I said and see were I wrote step right in. :fp:
    Go Birds!!!!
    with all this talk about the defense we should also remind ourselves that last year only 2 dman were healthy and the rest was a patchwork. I think we also have to keep in mind that the flyers have to play more defense as a team and we can't just rely on our dman.
    fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, guys always get drafted and step right into an NHL lineup. Especially defenseman. :roll: :roll: :roll:

defense men takes years to develop with no guarantee. Just asked the lightning with hedmen.

I know. I was being facetious. Flyers weakness is dmen...let's trade them all away. Great strategy
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I know. I was being facetious. Flyers weakness is dmen...let's trade them all away. Great strategy
    The cap went down by 6mill. We have to resign G,Scheen and Couts soon. Coburn hasn't been that good and Mez is ALWAYS hurt. They make around 8.5 against the cap this year. Build thru the strongest draft in 15yrs or so and see what a young nucleus does for once. What's funny is that you think the Phiilies should sell off and let the youth play, yet you thinks its wrong to do here. :lol: :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

sorry i knew you were being facetious, i was responding to the other pereson

The cap went down by 6mill. We have to resign G,Scheen and Couts soon. Coburn hasn't been that good and Mez is ALWAYS hurt. They make around 8.5 against the cap this year. Build thru the strongest draft in 15yrs or so and see what a young nucleus does for once. What's funny is that you think the Phiilies should sell off and let the youth play, yet you thinks its wrong to do here. :lol: :roll:[/quote]

I have said numerous times that I wanted/am glad that the flyers kept their young nucleus together. Reading is fun.

Coburn is only 28. Trading him after a down year is a terrific idea :roll: ...especially since they have loads of options to replace him with
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

The cap went down by 6mill. We have to resign G,Scheen and Couts soon. Coburn hasn't been that good and Mez is ALWAYS hurt. They make around 8.5 against the cap this year. Build thru the strongest draft in 15yrs or so and see what a young nucleus does for once. What's funny is that you think the Phiilies should sell off and let the youth play, yet you thinks its wrong to do here. :lol: :roll:[/quote]

while i think we all agree that the flyers should trade Mez, i disagree with Cobourn. he is a better than ave D-man who had a really bad year but plays top minutes on the team. I would not trade him for a draft pick to get a dman. for me i would look at a matt read, since we have players like him already and he is an RFA
    fife wrote:

while i think we all agree that the flyers should trade Mez, i disagree with Cobourn. he is a better than ave D-man who had a really bad year but plays top minutes on the team. I would not trade him for a draft pick to get a dman. for me i would look at a matt read, since we have players like him already and he is an RFA

totally agree. Guys like Read are a dime a dozen. I'd include him in any deal, but I don't think they will get anything substantial for him
    I'm all for trading Read as well. Coburn is good but with 3 young guys up for deals he's moveable.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I'm all for trading Read as well. Coburn is good but with 3 young guys up for deals he's moveable.

who is going to replace him? Putting cones on the blue line probably isn't the best idea
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Holmgren is going to be active at the draft.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

yes the flyers have to sign 3 keys guy but keep in mind the cap WILL go up the following year and on top of that you have kimmo in his last year of his deal and I think he will be gone so thats another 6 million off the cap.

B. Scheen will not get that big an icrease from his 3 million contract.
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

totally agree. Guys like Read are a dime a dozen. I'd include him in any deal, but I don't think they will get anything substantial for him

I think you can get a 2nd rounder for him to be honest.
    The Fixer wrote:

who is going to replace him? Putting cones on the blue line probably isn't the best idea
    Kimmo,Streit,Grossman,Gus,Scheen. Then either a free agent or trade player with Gervais,Bourdon and Laurdisen.
    Go Birds!!!!
    fife wrote:

yes the flyers have to sign 3 keys guy but keep in mind the cap WILL go up the following year and on top of that you have kimmo in his last year of his deal and I think he will be gone so thats another 6 million off the cap.

I understand that. But you know Homer's gonna make a big deal. B. Ryan,R. Miller,Lou something crazy will fall. Homer can't control himself.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Kimmo,Streit,Grossman,Gus,Scheen. Then either a free agent or trade player with Gervais,Bourdon and Laurdisen.

you really think teams are going to accept a trade for those 3 players?

here are your free agent d-man. who would you sign?

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?yea ... _type_id=2
    fife wrote:

I understand that. But you know Homer's gonna make a big deal. B. Ryan,R. Miller,Lou something crazy will fall. Homer can't control himself.

From what I have heard, philly is not wanting Lou unless he gets bought out and if he is bought out I don't see Lou going to philly at all. I don't think Homer will trade for Ryan considering the cap hit.

Miller is intertested for me but i don't know what buffalo is wanting for him. I still don't see the point in trading Cobourn who was the leader in ice time last year.
    Lisa Hillary

If the best players left are a F and a D man. Holmgren says we'll go for the D-man

Sarah Baicker @sbaickerCSN

Holmgren says he still sees Couturier and B. Schenn as untouchable

Say goodbye to one of those guys... :D
    Lisa Hillary

If the best players left are a F and a D man. Holmgren says we'll go for the D-man

Sarah Baicker @sbaickerCSN

Holmgren says he still sees Couturier and B. Schenn as untouchable

Say goodbye to one of those guys... :D

lets just hope they don't talk to richard or carter or they might be getting scared
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    fife wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I agree 100% on vanek but when i say he gets paid too much it more to do with our cap issue. thanks for correctly me on Miller, you are right. I just wonder who the real Miller is sometimes. he is the miller from the Olympics or from the last 2 season. does he just need a change and can he handle the flyer media?

Im not a fan of Miller. He seems to crumble in key situations and either lay a complete stinker, or lose on a soft goal. He also seems to like to let in a goal immediately after the Sabres score, or at the very end or beginning of a period. Any traffic in front and he cant handle it. Terrible High.
    He does have the ability to get on a hot streak and carry the team for a few weeks at a time. He also becomes very ordinary for long periods. I think these can be said for most starting calibur goalies in the league. He is big and plays great position.

And he is a bit of an entitled brat. Often times you see him let in a goal (even if its his fault) and he shrugs his shoulders or throws his arms out and stares his defensemen down. To the media he often has meltdowns and always appears to point the finger away from himself.
    Rich Smith ‏@allsportsintel 34m
    ** NHL UPDATE ** Source reports Flyers have asked Braydon Coburn to submit a list of teams for his modified no trade clause.

Rumors I heard from some of the 'nonsense' sources on the internet say Coburn, Read, and a 1st for Miller.

Thats a joke if true. I cant imagine. I would be thrilled with only the #11 pick.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Rich Smith ‏@allsportsintel 34m
    ** NHL UPDATE ** Source reports Flyers have asked Braydon Coburn to submit a list of teams for his modified no trade clause.

Rumors I heard from some of the 'nonsense' sources on the internet say Coburn, Read, and a 1st for Miller.

Thats a joke if true. I cant imagine. I would be thrilled with only the #11 pick.
    That package is being rumored to Calgary, in some form or another.
    I read the 11th and Read(or Coburn) for the 6th overall
    I dont think that makes sense from Calgary's standpoint. They will have an inside track at #6 for a top player. There is a pretty severe drop from #6 to #11. We are talking maybe a pick of the litter between Nichushkin, Monahan, or Lindholm at that pick for sure. If not, Barkov.

Especially for Read. He is an upcoming UFA and its not like he is a 'prospect'. Coburn is appealing, and Calgary needs a defenseman...
    http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ana130626.html

The Anaheim Ducks continue to entertain calls for scoring winger Bobby Ryan, but that does not mean they are actively shopping him.
    Several teams, including the Philadelphia Flyers, have constantly inquired about Ryan's services.

Ryan has been the subject of numerous trade rumors over the last two-to-three seasons, but recently, Ducks GM Bob Murray indicated that he had no plans on trading the 26-year-old.
    That hasn't stopped teams from calling, though.

The Flyers, Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings and Winnipeg Jets have all expressed an interest in Ryan, who has two-years left on his current contract.

In 46 games with the Ducks this past season, Ryan registered 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points.

Murray is not trying to trade Ryan, and a deal is not imminent, but is willing to listen to offers, should one knock his socks off. The Ducks are primarily in the market for a second line center and a top-four defenseman.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I dont think that makes sense from Calgary's standpoint. They will have an inside track at #6 for a top player. There is a pretty severe drop from #6 to #11. We are talking maybe a pick of the litter between Nichushkin, Monahan, or Lindholm at that pick for sure. If not, Barkov.

Especially for Read. He is an upcoming UFA and its not like he is a 'prospect'. Coburn is appealing, and Calgary needs a defenseman...
    Calgary apparently loves both Read and Coburn.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ana130626.html

The Anaheim Ducks continue to entertain calls for scoring winger Bobby Ryan, but that does not mean they are actively shopping him.
    Several teams, including the Philadelphia Flyers, have constantly inquired about Ryan's services.

Ryan has been the subject of numerous trade rumors over the last two-to-three seasons, but recently, Ducks GM Bob Murray indicated that he had no plans on trading the 26-year-old.
    That hasn't stopped teams from calling, though.

The Flyers, Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings and Winnipeg Jets have all expressed an interest in Ryan, who has two-years left on his current contract.

In 46 games with the Ducks this past season, Ryan registered 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points.

Murray is not trying to trade Ryan, and a deal is not imminent, but is willing to listen to offers, should one knock his socks off. The Ducks are primarily in the market for a second line center and a top-four defenseman.

I want nothing to do with Miller. Can't stand him and his best years are most likely behind him.
    Miller really only had 1 really good season, the year of the '10 olympics.

05-07 were decent, but the Sabres had a high scoring, fast team.

To put it in perspective, for the US team next year:

Quick
    Anderson
    Howard
    Miller

Will he even be on the team?

Why are they maybe trying to get rid of Coburn?