edit
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Emory is in town. Tick tick tick..........until noon.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Ray Emery a Flyer
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Ray Emery a Flyer

He can't be, it's not 12pm yet.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Proceed
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I like the emory move a lot. One year contracts are awesome.

Not sure what this is all about...

Couturier and the Flames
    "As per Rich Smith, the Flyers and Flames are reportedly discussing a trade that would send Sean Couturier to the Calgary Flames. "
    The Fixer wrote:

Couturier and the Flames
    "As per Rich Smith, the Flyers and Flames are reportedly discussing a trade that would send Sean Couturier to the Calgary Flames. "
    Rich Smith has never been right on anything.
    The Fixer wrote:

Couturier and the Flames

Good. I don't want them to trade any of their young guys (except read, who isn't that young)

Plus now that iginla isn't there, I have no idea what calgary has to trade. Does theo fleury still play for them?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Couturier and the Flames

Good. I don't want them to trade any of their young guys (except read, who isn't that young)

Plus now that iginla isn't there, I have no idea what calgary has to trade. Does theo fleury still play for them?
    The only thing Calgary would have to tade are prospects or their #1 Pick nest year which will prob be top 5.

Fleury retired 4 years ago.
    Fleury was a joke...his crack habit didn't help his career. Was going to include gary suter and joe niewendyk as well.

Anyway, unless they get an unreal package I hope they keep couturier
    The Lecavalier deal looks even better after today.

Cant wait for another lockout at the end of this CBA.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    I like the emery and Lecavalier deal a lot.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The Fixer wrote:
    Fleury was a joke

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah right, a point a game player ... And any substance abuse issues he had can be forgiven for the shit he went through.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Fleury was a joke

Yeah right, a point a game player ... And any substance abuse issues he had can be forgiven for the shit he went through.

Yup, that guy went thru some crazy shit in his life. And fucken produced pts for sure.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Fleury was a joke

My asking if he still played for calgary was a joke. Canadiens are way too sensitive. I guess that's what happens when none of your teams has won a cup in forever (Also, the entire premise of Canadiens rooting for all of the Canadien based teams is stupid).

Go back to the Flames thread and leave us alone
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Fleury was a joke

My asking if he still played for calgary was a joke. Canadiens are way too sensitive. I guess that's what happens when none of your teams has won a cup in forever (Also, the entire premise of Canadiens rooting for all of the Canadien based teams is stupid).

Go back to the Flames thread and leave us alone

:lol::lol::lol: talk about sensitive ... and Canadian teams have won a cup more recently than the flyers ... talk about forever, what is it now a 34 year drought or something like that :lol::lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

edited July 2013
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: talk about sensitive ... and Canadian teams have won a cup more recently than the flyers ... talk about forever, what is it now a 34 year drought or something like that :lol::lol::lol:.

I'm not in another team's thread defending my team. You wouldn't have to be here if your crap team did something today. Instead you're here worrying about Theo Fleury. That's gotta really suck.

The flyers are one team. You turds pull for 6 teams that all suck. Beat it. You're as irrelevant as your country. Go do some ice fishing or practice curling. Eh
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    This is always the best offseason thread because the flyerscare always so active
    edited July 2013
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'm not in another team's thread defending my team. You wouldn't have to be here if your crap team did something today. Instead you're here worrying about Theo Fleury. That's gotta really suck.

The flyers are one team. You turds pull for 6 teams that all suck. Beat it. You're as irrelevant as your country. Go do some ice fishing or practice curling. Eh

but its so much fun in here ... you make me feel so welcome ... i'm not worrying about Theo Fleury I just enjoyed pointing out that he was a pretty darn good player.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

MayDay10 wrote:
    This is always the best offseason thread because the flyerscare always so active

yet they never pick up a real quality goalie :lol::lol::lol:, doesn't anyone in their front office know you need quality goaltending.

lukin2006 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

but its so much fun in here ... you make me feel so welcome ... i'm not worrying about Theo Fleury I just enjoyed pointing out that he was a pretty darn good player.

No one ever said Theo Fleury wasn't a good player. Now beat it.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

yet they never pick up a real quality goalie :lol::lol::lol:, doesn't anyone in their front office know you need quality goaltending.

What team do you root for?

Goaltending is almost as overrated as home ice. You need someone who's competent, but you don't need a superstar goalie to win a cup (most teams who sign superstar goalies to big contracts fail to win cups). The blackhawks are the best model of this...they have won two cups in last 5 years with average goaltending (below average with niemi). Put a good team in front of the goalie...don't allow soft goals...get some lucky bounces...you can win a cup.

I like what the flyers have with mason and emery. Cheap, one year deals. Yes please
    Congrats to Fred Shero for finally making the HHOF today.

Maybe next year Lindros.
    interesting column/table compiled on Flyers' drafted defensemen historically

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/6 ... defensemen
    Great start to the season....

"Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux had successful surgery this afternoon on his right index finger performed by Dr. Katherine Boyd at the Ottawa Civic Hospital in Ottawa, Canada. Giroux was golfing today when his golf club shattered and splintered into his index finger. Although there were no broken bones, there was some damage to his extensor tendons in his finger. He is expected to have a full recovery in 5-6 weeks."
  • The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Wow, you think Canadians are irrelevant turds. What's that all aboot? You do realize that all the greatest players in flyer franchise history have been Canadian right. And you should know that we aren't ice fishing or curling, it is igloo building season. By the way, I am Canadian and hate all the Canadian teams.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    Great start to the season....

"Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux had successful surgery this afternoon on his right index finger performed by Dr. Katherine Boyd at the Ottawa Civic Hospital in Ottawa, Canada. Giroux was golfing today when his golf club shattered and splintered into his index finger. Although there were no broken bones, there was some damage to his extensor tendons in his finger. He is expected to have a full recovery in 5-6 weeks."

has any franchise had more fucked up injuries than the flyers?
    Now their golf clubs are exploding!
    MayDay10 wrote:

Is this even possible? I call bullshit.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Is this even possible? I call bullshit.
    It does seem pretty 'far out', this golf club story.
    Unless he hit a tree root or a rock or got pissed and smashed up his club. I've never seen a club splinter, especially up top near the grip.