The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Edm has interest in Coburn.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Miller/Vanek talk is there as well. I'd pass on that one.

I don't see the flyers paying for Vanek. he gets paid too much now. Miller would be interesting since he only has 2 years left on his contract.

he has a no trade or movement clause so I don't see him being traded.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wait...so they signed a 35 year D man to a fairly big contract :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    so if i'm reading twitter right, Iyla officially bought out....

well...glad we signed him and traded a Vezina winning goalie. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    fife wrote:
    Timonen/Coburn
    Streit/Schenn
    Gus or Mez/ Grossman

I think Mez will be dealt to free up space to help fill a skilled Winger need.
    Another G still needs to be signed.
    Possibly resign Gagne or someone else.

After todays moves Flyers have $9M in Cap space..NOt counting the $5M that will be available from LTIR Pronger.

capgeek says that they are only 4 million under the cap. not counting pronger
    Youre right, I didnt count Mez's salary
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    81 wrote:

to be fair, no one really saw bob being what he was. still i blame lavi for that one. he gave up on Bob way to soon in the playoffs.

so in Mason we trust i guess!
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

to be fair, no one really saw bob being what he was. still i blame lavi for that one. he gave up on Bob way to soon in the playoffs.

i agree, but he played well enough to earn more strarts with the flyers. the round robin goalie situation a couple years back in the playoffs was not a good scenario.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents?year ... _type_id=2

so here are your free agent goalies out there. do we risk going for another coyotes goalie or do you go for a veteran like nabokov?
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

i agree, but he played well enough to earn more strarts with the flyers. the round robin goalie situation a couple years back in the playoffs was not a good scenario.

I agree on that. Lavi fucked up that playoff year.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    fife wrote:

I don't see the flyers paying for Vanek. he gets paid too much now. Miller would be interesting since he only has 2 years left on his contract.
    Miller has 1 year left. I could see the flyers trading for him, maybe contingent on a new extension.

Disagree on vanek. He is a dynamo and one of the most talented offensive players in the league. His problem is he takes a beating every night in front of the net and in the corners. He gets lingering injuries and slumps. He plays hurt. My physical therapist is the sabres' trainer. He says some nights hevis in shock vanek suits up. I would love the sabres keeping him, the problem is we are looking at a rebuild and it is likely he does not want to waste his best years in that situation.

Buffalo has a good number of prospect d-men too wich means sekera could be tradeable. I could see buffalo and philly trading... especially because they are much less likely to meet in the playoffs now and play less vs in the regular season
    is it just me, or does anyone else think this team is going to blow again next year :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    81 wrote:
    is it just me, or does anyone else think this team is going to blow again next year :lol:

probably :|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    81 wrote:

probably :|

just can not get excited for next year after last year.

too many over paid "stars" on this team
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:

he has a no trade or movement clause so I don't see him being traded.
    Limited No Trade... Edmonton apparently is on his list of teams that he would accept a trade to.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    fife wrote:

Miller has 1 year left. I could see the flyers trading for him, maybe contingent on a new extension.

Disagree on vanek. He is a dynamo and one of the most talented offensive players in the league. His problem is he takes a beating every night in front of the net and in the corners. He gets lingering injuries and slumps. He plays hurt. My physical therapist is the sabres' trainer. He says some nights hevis in shock vanek suits up. I would love the sabres keeping him, the problem is we are looking at a rebuild and it is likely he does not want to waste his best years in that situation.

Buffalo has a good number of prospect d-men too wich means sekera could be tradeable. I could see buffalo and philly trading... especially because they are much less likely to meet in the playoffs now and play less vs in the regular season

I agree 100% on vanek but when i say he gets paid too much it more to do with our cap issue. thanks for correctly me on Miller, you are right. I just wonder who the real Miller is sometimes. he is the miller from the Olympics or from the last 2 season. does he just need a change and can he handle the flyer media?
    fife wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    fife wrote:

does he just need a change and can he handle the flyer media?
    Yep, a shining example of it from yesterday after the Bryz buyout...

Pathetic.

http://deadspin.com/lets-watch-a-flyers ... socialflow

Pathetic.

what a douche
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Pathetic.

what a douche

And we wonder why goalies don't come here to play. another reason i don't see lou coming here
    gotta be honest, i'm sick of FA's.

slow down....build thru the draft....and build a sustainable minor league system. this sign fa/trade players every summer just isn't working.

how many players have they drafted, brought up...and flipped for younger prospects over the last 10 years?

might be time to trade homer and bring back bobby.....and i hated bobby as the gm.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'd try and package Coburn,Cousins and the 41st and try and get another mid 1st rd pick.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited June 2013
    81 wrote:

slow down....build thru the draft....and build a sustainable minor league system. this sign fa/trade players every summer just isn't working.

how many players have they drafted, brought up...and flipped for younger prospects over the last 10 years?

might be time to trade homer and bring back bobby.....and i hated bobby as the gm.

I understand this point of view but lets face it, what is the last goalie to be drafted that is amazing. goalies need time to grow and I would rather get a young goalie in the NHL that can grow with the team.

Thats why i wanted bernier
    Post edited by fife on
    I'd try and package Coburn,Cousins and the 41st and try and get another mid 1st rd pick.

why are they going to trade defense? that is the major hole beside goalie that this team needs.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    flyers making room for lundqvist if he doesn't extend his contract after this upcoming season? :corn:
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

I understand this point of view but lets face it, what is the last goalie to be drafted that is amazing. goalies need time to grow and I would rather get a young goalie in the NHL that can grow with the team.

Thats why i wanted bernier

going back to the 81/82 season, a vast majority of the Vezina winners won it with the team that drafted and devleloped them.

Hasek is the biggest exception, but to be fair, Chicago had Eddie the Eagle who was pretty good and won the Vezina with the hawks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:

why are they going to trade defense? that is the major hole beside goalie that this team needs.
    They need to move Coburn and Mez to create more cap. Coburn hasn't been what they hoped for. He's been better then avg but he hasn't been what they thought. This draft is so deep that you HAVE to try and take full advantage of it.
    Go Birds!!!!
    rival. wrote:
    flyers making room for lundqvist if he doesn't extend his contract after this upcoming season? :corn:

i'd chip in $100....just to see neily's head explode :lol: :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

i'd chip in $100....just to see neily's head explode :lol: :wave:
    I'll match the $100. Although he's probably drooling over KS and his titles at the moment.
    Go Birds!!!!
    KS?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    KS?
    Kelly Slater. He's the biggest surfing fan ever.
    Go Birds!!!!