The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Draft is on June 30th.
    Flyers at 11th pick.

Rumors out there of high interest of J. Bernier. Read + going the other way.

Also rumors of Couturier being dangled for a D-Man, or going to EDM for the #7 pick.

Briere/Bryz most certainly being bought out.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Draft is on June 30th.
    Flyers at 11th pick.

Also rumors of Couturier being dangled for a D-Man, or going to EDM for the #7 pick.

Dude, I fucken crack up every time I see your avatar.... :lol:
    Flyers acquired (D) Mark Streit from @NYIslanders in exchange for a 4th rd pick in the 2014 NHL Draft
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Draft is on June 30th.
    Flyers at 11th pick.

I don't see why they would trade for the 7th pick unless they are going to use it for trade bait for another goalie.
    Flyers acquired (D) Mark Streit from @NYIslanders in exchange for a 4th rd pick in the 2014 NHL Draft

do they have the cap space for signing this guy. I heard he was hoping for around 5.5 million.
    fife wrote:

do they have the cap space for signing this guy. I heard he was hoping for around 5.5 million.
    They will once they buy out Bryz/Briere.

All depends on what kind of deal Holmgren gives this guy. He'd be a good Timonen replacement in a year.
    I'll be fine with 3 yrs, 5M per.
    I also think this means another d-man will be dealt...maybe Mezsaros.
    fife wrote:

They will once they buy out Bryz/Briere.

All depends on what kind of deal Holmgren gives this guy. He'd be a good Timonen replacement in a year.
    I'll be fine with 3 yrs, 5M per.
    I also think this means another d-man will be dealt...maybe Mezsaros.

This guy is a UFA and i can still see the oilers trying to get him. there is not alot of d-man available and the oilers are needing some help and if we really want to sign Streit we are going to at least offer 4 years at 5 million and I don't know if that is good.

am i the only one who believes that Ilya doesn't get bought out?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    not sure how i feel about that :|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    DarrenDreger: While the Flyers work on a contract for Mark Streit, preliminary discussions on extending Claude Giroux's contract have also begun. #TSN
    S. Bobrovsky wins the Vezina Trophy. :?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16902-1367938579-12.gif
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

:lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Flyers agree to deal with Streit...4 yrs.

No numbers announced.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

No numbers announced.

I don't like it. Typical flyer move overpaying (years and dollars) for an aging guy whose best days are behind him.

$5.5 mill per year. Too much.

Amaroesque

Looking on the bright side, at least Briere will be gone.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

No numbers announced.
    5.25 and a limited no trade. Matt Carle who's alot younger at 5.5 looks good now. Thankfully Bryz will be gone as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Any FA D- Man is always going to be $$$

In 1 year he's Timonens replacement. While he is 35, he doesnt have that many NHL games under his belt.

No doubt Briere is bought out, and prob Bryz as well.
    There is rumblings of the Flyers trading Briere to the Sens for a 4th Rd'er. That would be great if possible, would allow them an extra buyout to use on another player.

Will be very interesting once these finals are over. You can bet that one of Mez or Coburn will now be dealt.
    Any FA D- Man is always going to be $$$

In 1 year he's Timonens replacement. While he is 35, he doesnt have that many NHL games under his belt.

No doubt Briere is bought out, and prob Bryz as well.
    There is rumblings of the Flyers trading Briere to the Sens for a 4th Rd'er. That would be great if possible, would allow them an extra buyout to use on another player.

Will be very interesting once these finals are over. You can bet that one of Mez or Coburn will now be dealt.

Briere has a full no trade clause. I can't see him accepting a trade to ottawa since his kids are in philly.

would be ideal if he did accept a trade so the flyers could keep their second amnesty option (probably for hartnell, who's contract is also ridiculous). Unfortunately I don't see it happening.
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/06/re ... urce=pubv1
    Sounds like LA wants to get rid of him before a team can offer him an offer sheet. They'd only get back a 2rd pick if they didn't match. YOU PAUL DO IT!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    Coburn and 11th pick for Bobby Ryan being discussed. I'd love Ryan on this squad. I know this draft is deep but i'd think strongly about that deal but probably pass.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Coburn and 11th pick for Bobby Ryan being discussed. I'd love Ryan on this squad. I know this draft is deep but i'd think strongly about that deal but probably pass.
    Panaccio must think this is a fantasy hockey team where the Cap doesnt matter.

I wouldnt do that trade.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

:fp: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Why would Ottawa trade anything for briere when they can sign him in 2 weeks for no picks, less money, and not a 6 million dollar cap hit?
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Why would Ottawa trade anything for briere when they can sign him in 2 weeks for no picks, less money, and not a 6 million dollar cap hit?
    Less competition and they would only have to pay him $2 M and can eat the $6M cap hit. They were apparently interested in him last year prior to his concussion.
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/06/report-the-flyers-are-frontrunners-for-jonathan-bernier.html?fb_source=pubv1
    Sounds like LA wants to get rid of him before a team can offer him an offer sheet. They'd only get back a 2rd pick if they didn't match. YOU PAUL DO IT!!!!

If they trade Read and maybe a 2nd round I will be ok with it. i still have a feeling that they are not going to buy out Ilya this year.
    fife wrote:
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/06/report-the-flyers-are-frontrunners-for-jonathan-bernier.html?fb_source=pubv1

If they trade Read and maybe a 2nd round I will be ok with it. i still have a feeling that they are not going to buy out Ilya this year.
    I'd rather sign Emery for 1.5-2.0 mill. Trade Read,Coburn and a 2nd for Ryan. I'd then package Coots and Mazaros for Shattenkirk. And whoever we draft at 11 should be ready this year or at the latest next year. Save cap and get a stud winger and def.
    Go Birds!!!!
    fife wrote:

I'd rather sign Emery for 1.5-2.0 mill. Trade Read,Coburn and a 2nd for Ryan. I'd then package Coots and Mazaros for Shattenkirk. And whoever we draft at 11 should be ready this year or at the latest next year. Save cap and get a stud winger and def.

beside the d, this team is young and I would rather have a young goalie that we can build around. I am getting tired of the flyers getting a stop gap at goalie.

I also would not trade Coburn as he are very weak at d.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    This team is a mess. They've been chasing their tail far too long.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Bernie say's Mason will win us a cup :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Snyder needs to move on and Homer has to go. No more Broad St. Bullies celebrations until there's something new to go along with them.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    fife wrote:

the ryan trade rumors have been going on for 3 years now. they're pretty far fetched...it's annoying at this point. great, he's from here...that doesn't mean he's getting traded here, even if the flyers and their fans have a hard on for him.
    fife wrote:

beside the d, this team is young and I would rather have a young goalie that we can build around. I am getting tired of the flyers getting a stop gap at goalie.

I also would not trade Coburn as he are very weak at d.

I agree man. I liked the direction this team was headed. but the streit move is so confusing.

I also agree with whoever said bryz won't be amnestied. I think they keep him this year and try to push mason to be the goalie of the future. Amnesty Bryz after the year, sign mason long term, re-sign giroux.

Their problem is going to be finding capable dmen.

it's not the old, pre-cap nhl anymore where they can just spend more money than everyone else to solve their problems. The flyers really need to start developing more players...especially on defense