The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

beside the d, this team is young and I would rather have a young goalie that we can build around. I am getting tired of the flyers getting a stop gap at goalie.

I also would not trade Coburn as he are very weak at d.

I agree man. I liked the direction this team was headed. but the streit move is so confusing.

I also agree with whoever said bryz won't be amnestied. I think they keep him this year and try to push mason to be the goalie of the future. Amnesty Bryz after the year, sign mason long term, re-sign giroux.

Their problem is going to be finding capable dmen.

it's not the old, pre-cap nhl anymore where they can just spend more money than everyone else to solve their problems. The flyers really need to start developing more players...especially on defense

I think the streit move was because timo is gone at the end of this coming year and they need a puck moving D-man. I don't know if Mason is the goalie of the future but why not give it a try and if you don't think he is than go for Bernier.
    The Fixer wrote:
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/06/report-the-flyers-are-frontrunners-for-jonathan-bernier.html?fb_source=pubv1
    Sounds like LA wants to get rid of him before a team can offer him an offer sheet. They'd only get back a 2rd pick if they didn't match. YOU PAUL DO IT!!!!

If they trade Read and maybe a 2nd round I will be ok with it. i still have a feeling that they are not going to buy out Ilya this year.
    I'd rather sign Emery for 1.5-2.0 mill. Trade Read,Coburn and a 2nd for Ryan. I'd then package Coots and Mazaros for Shattenkirk. And whoever we draft at 11 should be ready this year or at the latest next year. Save cap and get a stud winger and def.

the ryan trade rumors have been going on for 3 years now. they're pretty far fetched...it's annoying at this point. great, he's from here...that doesn't mean he's getting traded here, even if the flyers and their fans have a hard on for him.[/quote]

I don't see why we trade the farm for Ryan. the main issue the flyers have is on d and he is not going to help with that, plus I don't know how we get under the cap with him.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just about every player rumor out there involves the Flyers being interested.
    99% of it is pure BS.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    99% of it is pure BS.

I believe it's true because they don't know what they're doing.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    99% of it is pure BS.

Here's what I do believe they will be doing this summer.

I def think either Coburn or Mez will be dealt.

I also think they are/will look into moving up into the draft. If they do, Jones would not be the target, either Mackinnon or Drouin would be their guy.

While they still need a skilled winger to compliment Giroux, Ryan makes too much money. Does Coburn or Mez get moved to help take on upgrade?

I do believe they are trying to get another youngish goalie in here. They need to have somebody in behind Mason, as trusting him to be the full time starter would be insanity. If they cant find one(price of Bernier/Hiller too high), then they prob keep Bryz around for 1 more year.
    Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren released the following statement with regards to Danny Briere's contract.

“I met with Danny last week and informed him of our decision to use a compliance buy out on his contract. This was a very difficult decision for us to make as Danny has been a very good player for us over the past six years. Danny came to our organization as a free agent in July of 2007 and has been a tremendous player, person and role model in all aspects and for that we thank him. We wish him continued success and best wishes in any future endeavors.”
    Makes zero sense to me unless Couturier is dealt to improve another area.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    thought this was a good read from yesterday's Philly News about the Flyers. Interesting contrast in what they've done since the Cup finals and what Chicago and Boston have done with their rosters.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... risis.html
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I also think they are/will look into moving up into the draft. If they do, Jones would not be the target, either Mackinnon or Drouin would be their guy.

I think that is very unlikely. It will cost a fortune to move up.

Buffalo is nearly desperate to, they have gone on record saying that was what they wanted to do. They have 10 picks in the 1st 2 rounds in the next 3 years, and have a glut of prospects (and the #8 pick). Darcy Regier at a press conference today stated that it was impossible to trade up.
    Calgary offered Colorado all 3 of their 1st rounders for the 1st and they were denied.

I dont see Florida or Tampa moving. The only way I see Colorado moving is with Florida or Tampa.
    MayDay10 wrote:

I think that is very unlikely. It will cost a fortune to move up.
    Yeah, they'd like to, but in the end I doubt they would give up what it would cost to make it happen.
    its a good draft though. There will be a very good player available at #11

Possibly Zadurov, Ristolainen, or Pulock as D, Fucale as a Goalie. 2-3 of those guys should be available.

Unless they maybe make a rush and trade into the 6-10 range if Nurse lingers around.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    its a good draft though. There will be a very good player available at #11

Possibly Zadurov, Ristolainen, or Pulock as D, Fucale as a Goalie. 2-3 of those guys should be available.

Unless they maybe make a rush and trade into the 6-10 range if Nurse lingers around.
    I like Ristolainen, Nurse and Pulock. The thing with the Flyers is I dont think they'll draft a D. They dont have the patience, and have never really had good success doing so. Thats why I wont blink an eye if they go with a F.
    Let the Summer Bryz circus begin....
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... galov.html

He's gotta be bought out if this is true:

"It's OK, guys," Bryzgalov said, according to a teammate, speaking on a condition of anonymity. "I will get bought out. I will get paid for this deal and I will get paid double to play for a new team somewhere else."
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    99% of it is pure BS.

Here's what I do believe they will be doing this summer.

I def think either Coburn or Mez will be dealt.

While they still need a skilled winger to compliment Giroux, Ryan makes too much money. Does Coburn or Mez get moved to help take on upgrade?

I do believe they are trying to get another youngish goalie in here. They need to have somebody in behind Mason, as trusting him to be the full time starter would be insanity. If they cant find one(price of Bernier/Hiller too high), then they prob keep Bryz around for 1 more year.

I have read that they're interested in bringing emory back. and possibly brad richards, who I wouldn't touch with a 50' pole.
    Welp, no Bernier. Headed to Toronto.

Let's see if Holmgren chooses another option, or he sticks with Bryz for another year.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Would you trade Courtier and the 11th to get the 2nd and grab Seth Jones? I would In a second and apparently it was talked about last week.
    Go Birds!!!!
    No way florida would agree to that

Where do all these lol rumors from philly originate from?

Moving into the top 3 will hurt. Put yourself in the shoes of florida with a free shot at mackinnon, jones, or drouin, would you not want to hang the gm if he agreed to a regressed prospect and the 11 pick?
    Thank Christ.......

Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren issued the following statement with regards to goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.

“I met with Ilya this morning and informed him that we are going to exercise a compliance buy out of his contract. This was a very difficult business decision to make for us and we want to thank Ilya for his time here and wish him all the best moving forward.”

More to follow, including video, shortly...
    This team is such a mess. They will be paying him 1.5mil +/- until 2027. Way to do your homework you idiots.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    This team is such a mess. They will be paying him 1.5mil +/- until 2027. Way to do your homework you idiots.
    Thats what happens when the Owner gets what he wants. Snider is so desperate to win before he croaks.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Thats what happens when the Owner gets what he wants. Snider is so desperate to win before he croaks.

Can they amnesty Snider? :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Thank Christ.......

Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren issued the following statement with regards to goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.

“I met with Ilya this morning and informed him that we are going to exercise a compliance buy out of his contract. This was a very difficult business decision to make for us and we want to thank Ilya for his time here and wish him all the best moving forward.”

More to follow, including video, shortly...

this is a surprise for me and to be honest I am pissed. They could have gone for bernier but who is the starter now? not happy at all.

now lets all hear about the roberto signing
    I have a feeling that Luongo will end up here.

not unless the canucks take a contract back. we cant afford the cap money.
    fife wrote:

IF he gets bought out and clears waivers...who knows.

After the 2 buyouts and LTIR'ing Pronger, Flyers have a good chunk of money to make some more moves.
    Even more if they deal Mez.
    fife wrote:

IF he gets bought out and clears waivers...who knows.

After the 2 buyouts and LTIR'ing Pronger, Flyers have a good chunk of money to make some more moves.
    Even more if they deal Mez.

true but they also have to sign Giroux, B. schenn this year. I don't see Mez being traded unless its for another D-man. we need defense
    Timonen/Coburn
    Streit/Schenn
    Gus or Mez/ Grossman

I think Mez will be dealt to free up space to help fill a skilled Winger need.
    Another G still needs to be signed.
    Possibly resign Gagne or someone else.

After todays moves Flyers have $9M in Cap space..NOt counting the $5M that will be available from LTIR Pronger.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Miller/Vanek talk is there as well. I'd pass on that one.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Timonen/Coburn
    Streit/Schenn
    Gus or Mez/ Grossman

I think Mez will be dealt to free up space to help fill a skilled Winger need.
    Another G still needs to be signed.
    Possibly resign Gagne or someone else.

After todays moves Flyers have $9M in Cap space..NOt counting the $5M that will be available from LTIR Pronger.

capgeek says that they are only 4 million under the cap. not counting pronger