The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    badbrains wrote:
    From what I'm reading, you get 1 amnesty buyout this season and 1 next season. Who else would you buyout?

"maximum two compliance contract buyouts, which can be used only prior to the start of the 2013-14 start of season, but not this season"
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Season Opener- Jan. 19th, Home vs Penguins 3pm. Excellent
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

I am just happy that it is going to be on NBC so that I can watch it here in Toronto. I still can't believe that the pens are favor to win the cup.
  • Season Opener- Jan. 19th, Home vs Penguins 3pm. Excellent

We STILL don't like you!!! :lol:

Why would anyone want Luongo? I don't understand these things sometimes. This team is clearly stuck with Bryz this year. Hopefully he pulls it together, as he did as times last year. At least he was playing in the KHL a little bit.

Giroux has to be the captain.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793

i thought i saw this is the very first game. Other games start later that night!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Brian Boucher :lol:

really?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850

really?

You beat me to it. :lol:
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

really?

I'll take Boosh over Leighton any day of the week
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

really?
    AHL
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    gotta be honest, don't really care who occupies the back up position. unless they make a deal, this season comes down to the 3rd d pair and if the starter can screw his head on straight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    gotta be honest, don't really care who occupies the back up position. unless they make a deal, this season comes down to the 3rd d pair and if the starter can screw his head on straight.
    The whole D corp is one big question mark.
    81 wrote:

whole team out side of G is a question mark. :fp:

assuming the top 4 are good to go to start the season, i'm not really worried about them. but that 3rd pair, if they play like shit, they can undo the season before it starts. reminds me alot of the 2010 playoffs....2 solid pairs and then crap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

whole team out side of G is a question mark. :fp:

assuming the top 4 are good to go to start the season, i'm not really worried about them. but that 3rd pair, if they play like shit, they can undo the season before it starts. reminds me alot of the 2010 playoffs....2 solid pairs and then crap.
    I have no doubts that the offense will continue to score.
    Bryz is still a mystery. Hopefully this year he is focused, understands the city/media better and is ready to play. More than likely he will not be here after this year.

The Defense is older. A lot of guys are coming off injuries/surgeries. It could get very scary back on the blue line. The shortened season should help these guys immensely.
    Looks like Briere won't be out too long.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413580

as for the d, i Think they play ok. I am feeling slightly nervous about the year to be honest. I know we make the playoffs.
    Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
    Lotta speculation Chris Pronger might be handing over captaincy to Claude Giroux today.
    Lotta speculation Chris Pronger might be handing over captaincy to Claude Giroux today.

Read there will be an announcement during practice tomorrow. G is the C
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

So the NHl and NHL PA have agreed that you can buy out 1 player before the season starts. Wade Redden is free to sign.

I wonder if the flyers try to get him for the cheap price. Also wonder if the Flyers buy anyone out.
    Outside of Bryzgalov, the only other player I can Think MAYBE would be bought out would be Briere. He's owed 6.5M per for the next 3 yrs.

But because he has basically been a playoff players for the last couple of years, I think the Flyers keep him for the season. Should he incur more injuries or a playoff drop off, I could see the team buy out his last 2 yrs next summer.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    2nd day at training camp for the Leafs and already JVR is hurt, what kind of garbage did we trade for :fp: Atleast his foot isn't broken
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    BLACK35 wrote:
    2nd day at training camp for the Leafs and already JVR is hurt, what kind of garbage did we trade for :fp: Atleast his foot isn't broken
    Get use to it. He will never live up to his potential.
    Go Birds!!!!
    fife wrote:
    So the NHl and NHL PA have agreed that you can buy out 1 player before the season starts. Wade Redden is free to sign.

I wonder if the flyers try to get him for the cheap price. Also wonder if the Flyers buy anyone out.

please please do
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Official:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650546

Official:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650546

Let's hope he wears it for a long time
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

fife wrote:

please please do

you do know that you would still have to give him his money and he still counts against your cap too right
    Outside of Bryzgalov, the only other player I can Think MAYBE would be bought out would be Briere. He's owed 6.5M per for the next 3 yrs.

But because he has basically been a playoff players for the last couple of years, I think the Flyers keep him for the season. Should he incur more injuries or a playoff drop off, I could see the team buy out his last 2 yrs next summer.

Do no movement clauses mean that a person can't be bought out? cause if they do then Briere is not going anywhere.
    fife wrote:
    fife wrote:

please please do

you do know that you would still have to give him his money and he still counts against your cap too right

YES ..BUT PLEASE PLEASE DO
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    as far as I know, there are no compliance buyouts allowed until Summer of '13.

Sabres have like 10 NHL ready defenseman, and 1 would have to clear waivers on Friday to get sent down to the AHL. Wonder if they are talking trade with the Flyers.
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Get use to it. He will never live up to his potential.

he was never physical enough. if he played up to his size, he could be a beast.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    MayDay10 wrote:
    as far as I know, there are no compliance buyouts allowed until Summer of '13.
    Changed that yesterday. Teams have 3 more days to use one this year if they choose and still have 1 left to use next year. Or they can save them until next summer.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    Flyers got 19,000 to show up for a practice at the Wells Fargo last night. that's crazy. said they only lost 100 accounts for season tickets due to lockout but gained 400 new ones. us philly fans are nuts.