The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hearing that Parise is down to Minn and Pens.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
    from what I have been told: if it's strictly $$, Flyers get both Parise/Suter based on offers
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    I really think Panaccio talks out his ass and is a puppet for the Flyers and CSN. We'll see...
    LOL @ Jagr for $4.5M in Dallas
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

nice money for him

the fact is..when healthy he can still score
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Very Happy that the Pens didn't get Parise cause then the Flyers would have sold the farm for Nash or Ryan to keep up.
    fife wrote:
    Very Happy that the Pens didn't get Parise cause then the Flyers would have sold the farm for Nash or Ryan to keep up.
    I still think they go for Ryan. Still low on forwards.

nice money for him

the fact is..when healthy he can still score
    Too much money for him. He broke down several times last year an was out of gas by the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    LOL Carle, 6yrs 33mil! :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:

insane. reminiscent of the ville leino deal. Jagr's contract is a joke too. Dallas will be lucky if he plays 60 games.

I know the flyers haven't landed any big names this offseason, but I like what they've done for the most part. Not excited to see leighton back, but they have been fiscally responsible. I'm also glad they haven't moved couturier, braden schenn, simmonds.

I don't want nash. He's gonna cost too much in a trade and his cap hit is too high (over 7 mill a year I believe). I read they are still working on a ryan trade centered around matt read, scott laughton, and draft picks. I don't think that will be enough to land ryan, but that would be sweet. I'm not the biggest read fan.
    Doan would be a nice fit, but I think he's a longshot. Too much competition for him. I think he ends up in pitt if he leaves Phoenix.

I'm fine with them going into the season with their current roster. They will have cap space to make some moves during the season (for once). You can bet they are going to do everything possible to get shea weber. I still think it's possible they sign him to an offer sheet. He'd be worth giving up the four first rounders if they could land him.

Realistically, this team is probably another year away from being legit title contenders. I like their direction though. Hopefully their young guys can follow in giroux's footsteps and take another step in the right direction this year. Will be a fun team to watch as they all enter their prime together
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

insane. reminiscent of the ville leino deal. Jagr's contract is a joke too. Dallas will be lucky if he plays 60 games.

I know the flyers haven't landed any big names this offseason, but I like what they've done for the most part. Not excited to see leighton back, but they have been fiscally responsible. I'm also glad they haven't moved couturier, braden schenn, simmonds.

I don't want nash. He's gonna cost too much in a trade and his cap hit is too high (over 7 mill a year I believe). I read they are still working on a ryan trade centered around matt read, scott laughton, and draft picks. I don't think that will be enough to land ryan, but that would be sweet. I'm not the biggest read fan.
    Doan would be a nice fit, but I think he's a longshot. Too much competition for him. I think he ends up in pitt if he leaves Phoenix.

I'm fine with them going into the season with their current roster. They will have cap space to make some moves during the season (for once). You can bet they are going to do everything possible to get shea weber. I still think it's possible they sign him to an offer sheet. He'd be worth giving up the four first rounders if they could land him.

Realistically, this team is probably another year away from being legit title contenders. I like their direction though. Hopefully their young guys can follow in giroux's footsteps and take another step in the right direction this year. Will be a fun team to watch as they all enter their prime together

regardless of your thoughts on carter and richards the point of tradingt them last year (according to holmgren and many on here) was to get closer to the cup...now you say they are another year away from being contenders? this is a franchise that changes the plan every year. probably why it's been 37 years since a cup win.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

regardless of your thoughts on carter and richards the point of tradingt them last year (according to holmgren and many on here) was to get closer to the cup...now you say they are another year away from being contenders? this is a franchise that changes the plan every year. probably why it's been 37 years since a cup win.

as usual, you fail to get the point. sometimes it's better to take a step backwards in order to take 2-3 steps forward. 2010 was a fluke, this team wasn't close to winning a cup prior to the big trades last year
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    The Fixer wrote:
    as usual, you fail to get the point. sometimes it's better to take a step backwards in order to take 2-3 steps forward. 2010 was a fluke, this team wasn't close to winning a cup prior to the big trades last year

division winner and 2nd in the conference in the regular season one year after a stanley cup finals appearance would beg to differ in that assessment. they actually were closer than they've been since the lindros era.

even now they are talking about breaking up the new young nucleaus they established last year for guys like rick nash and bobby ryan. as i said above them seem to have no set plan and change on the fly each year. probably why they've been chasing their tail for 37 years.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The NHL has reportedly made the first move in labor negotiations with its union by submitting an initial offer to the NHL Players' Association.

According to RDS.ca (via TSN.ca), the offer has several major changes to the collective bargaining agreement, including a reduction of players' hockey-related revenues from 57 percent to 46 percent.

The NHL's proposal would bring an end to salary arbitration and entry-level contracts would be five years instead of three.

Renaud Lavoie of RDS also reported that players would need to wait 10 seasons before becoming unrestricted free agents and contract length would be limited to five years.

The current CBA expires on Sept. 15. Full group negotiations between the owners and the NHLPA will resume in New York City on Wednesday.

this should be fun

i like the limit on contract years to 5, dislike the 10 season FA stuff....i don't see that flying....

11 points on the revenue is going to be tough for the players to swallow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

division winner and 2nd in the conference in the regular season one year after a stanley cup finals appearance would beg to differ in that assessment. they actually were closer than they've been since the lindros era.

This doesn't mean that they were close to winning it all. Who did they beat in the 2010 cup run that was any good?

No one. They were the 7 seed in the playoffs and had home ice advantage in the ECF. That run was a fluke

I don't know how any flyers fan can dislike the carter trade.

They aren't giving up any of their young core. I could see voracek and read being included in deals, but they aren't moving couturier or schenn
    14 years 100 mil for weber :lol::lol:

14 years ???????????

i hope the preds dont match that nonsense

and the owners wanna lock out again... :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Wow
    I'd be surprised if Nashville doesnt match that offer.

If not Flyers give up 2 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd Rd pick.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wow
    I'd be surprised if Nashville doesnt match that offer.

If not Flyers give up 2 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd Rd pick.

Someone said its gonna be 4 first rd picks. Something like total contract divided by 5 yrs equals to 4 first rd picks. That's pretty steep.
    Sup Shea Weber? Even if they match, it keeps him any other East team. I thought I read it was 5/100.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Sup Shea Weber? Even if they match, it keeps him any other East team. I thought I read it was 5/100.

5/100??? NO WAY buddy. Crosby doesn't even make that and he's the face of the NHL. I did read he could make $26 mil in one calendar year tho.
    badbrains wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

5/100??? NO WAY buddy. Crosby doesn't even make that and he's the face of the NHL. I did read he could make $26 mil in one calendar year tho.

My bad. I didn't think that sounded correct. Homersdong!!!!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    the trick is, it goes from $26 million in the 1st season, to $5.1 million. Legal, but they need to close that loophole.

I think Nashville will bite the bullet and still match, but they are going to lose a lot of money this season... and Shea Weber at $5.1 million a season will never see another uniform.
    wow....

yeah, sign me up for a young stud D man...but damn...100M over 14 is retarded.

didn't the owners just ask for a 5 year max contract. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    4 1st rounders. Gulp.

Maybe they will work out a trade like with Gratton back in the day. Hope it turns out better than that deal. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:
    wow....

and here come the flyers throwing everything out of whack
    edited July 2012
    4 1st rounders. Gulp.

Maybe they will work out a trade like with Gratton back in the day. Hope it turns out better than that deal. :roll:

pretty rough....

i guess the question is, how many mid to late 1st rounders pan out into stud D men?

114M over 14 years are the number i've seen now. crazy. what happens if you end up with anouther pronger on your hands. i hate these super long term deals.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    wow....

stupid deal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358

29 of 30 NHL owners negotiate CBA's specifically to thwart the Flyers' wild plans. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I think a trade ends up happening between the teams out of all this.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    a trade is impossible at this point. It is a take it or leave it situation. The contract also cannot be renegotiated (unless the new CBA allows it).

Furthermore, he cant be traded until a year passes. With the up front money, they wont do that.

And they are saying now it is $110 million