The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
    With Bobrovsky off the books, the Flyers have nearly $11-million in cap sapce and with Pronger on the LTIR, it's almost at $16-million.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
    With Bobrovsky off the books, the Flyers have nearly $11-million in cap sapce and with Pronger on the LTIR, it's almost at $16-million.

Yeah, but that's per year isn't it? They have to includ him back on the books at the start of each year right? So, essentially they have alleviate that space every season. I know the NHL had some kind of problem with his contract and made sure that a his age that they wouldn't get any kind of salary cap relief if he retired.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Very good trade for Philly. I like the picks for bob. i am hoping that these picks will be used as trade bait for a good d-man.

who is now the backup again, i am forgetting?
    Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED

Yeah, but that's per year isn't it? They have to includ him back on the books at the start of each year right? So, essentially they have alleviate that space every season. I know the NHL had some kind of problem with his contract and made sure that a his age that they wouldn't get any kind of salary cap relief if he retired.
    As long as he isnt retired and put on LTIR, the Flyers will get his salary off the cap once the season begins. They can then spend his cap hit during the year.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED

As long as he isnt retired and put on LTIR, the Flyers will get his salary off the cap once the season begins. They can then spend his cap hit during the year.

Got ya. But they would have to do that every year as long as he's on LTIR correct? And if so, doesn't that only allow them to make short-term moves with that money - as in on a year-to-year basis - because each year that cap hit will take place until the proceeding season begins and they put him back on LTIR?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    who is now the backup again, i am forgetting?

i hear leighton can be had for cheap

one of the guys in the minors will need to step up or a cheap FA

still a good deal....sign an undrafted FA and turn him into 3 draft picks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

As long as he isnt retired and put on LTIR, the Flyers will get his salary off the cap once the season begins. They can then spend his cap hit during the year.[/quote]

Got ya. But they would have to do that every year as long as he's on LTIR correct? And if so, doesn't that only allow them to make short-term moves with that money - as in on a year-to-year basis - because each year that cap hit will take place until the proceeding season begins and they put him back on LTIR?[/quote]
    Yea basically. Holmgren will have to manage the cap correctly to get back under after the playoffs.
    Hopefully with the new CBA, the Flyers will be able to get some kind of buyout from Prongers contract.
    2014 Draft to be held in Philly.
    2014 Draft to be held in Philly.

booking flights now. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    You're welcome Philadelphia

Yours Truly
    -Scott Howson
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Luke Schenn to play with his brother for JVR is done deal
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Yep. This gives them a little more Cap room.
    Gotta figure another forward is still coming via FA.
    This also may signal the end of Matt Carle in Philly.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    kenshunt wrote:
    I like the deal. Clears a little cap and gives us a young d-man with upside.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Very good deal for both teams. I think JVR has gotten a bad rap in Philly and is going to be a very good player, but that is a position of strength/depth for the Flyers. They needed D, where they are thin. Schenn is good. Peaked his rookie year and tailed off, but new scenery and a better team should straighten him out.
    Since I live in Toronto and to see many games, i have to say that I am not too happy with this trade. I think Sheen can be a good d-man but he makes many mistakes. I see him being a 4-5 dman on the team. We need to make sure that he plays with another d-man that is older and I don't know if we have that right now.

Of course playing for a really crap team can make you look bad but i have a bad feeling about this trade.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    fife wrote:
    Since I live in Toronto and to see many games, i have to say that I am not too happy with this trade. I think Sheen can be a good d-man but he makes many mistakes. I see him being a 4-5 dman on the team. We need to make sure that he plays with another d-man that is older and I don't know if we have that right now.

Of course playing for a really crap team can make you look bad but i have a bad feeling about this trade.

Hopefully the change in scenery resurrects his game.

I really thought JVR coming back spoiled the team's chemistry in the playoffs - they pretty much sucked after his return.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    fife wrote:

older....kimmo is going to be 39 :lol: the 4 key guys under contract are all vets.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

older....kimmo is going to be 39 :lol: the 4 key guys under contract are all vets.

i guess i should have made my self more clear. those older d-man are already paired up so i sense that Sheen is going to play on the 3 line which i think is going to harm him.
    fife wrote:
    i guess i should have made my self more clear. those older d-man are already paired up so i sense that Sheen is going to play on the 3 line which i think is going to harm him.

they can repair them....and if we assume carle is gone, they will need to
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Carle will be re-signed.

I think the Flyers wait until next year to make a run at Weber.
    Carle will be re-signed.

I think the Flyers wait until next year to make a run at Weber.

thats my hope. Kimmo will be gone and they will have some cap money to get him.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I like the jvr trade. he was a decent player, but he couldn't stay healthy. from what I know about schenn, he sounds like he will fit right in. my biggest concern is that once timonen retires, who runs the point on the PP??

grossman, schenn, coburn, carle??, mezaros...no PP QB there. Not sure where that's coming from

Obviously love the Bob trade. He sucked.

I don't think Parise is probable, but that would be a great sign. Come on homer
    I hope Holmgren has a backup plan if Parise decides to play somewhere else.

I dont see Suter signing here.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I like the jvr trade. he was a decent player, but he couldn't stay healthy. from what I know about schenn, he sounds like he will fit right in. my biggest concern is that once timonen retires, who runs the point on the PP??

grossman, schenn, coburn, carle??, mezaros...no PP QB there. Not sure where that's coming from

i don't think zach comes to philly....

i think we are more likely to see carle resigned and a few cheap forwards added.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i don't think zach comes to philly....

i think we are more likely to see carle resigned and a few cheap forwards added.
    I think Ryan or Nash will somehow be a flyer if Parise says no. I might be in the minority but i'd trade Couts and picks or a player for Ryan all day.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    i'm just happy that homer brought michael leighton back :fp:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Thats what it'll end up being. It seems like Parise is going to either NJ, Pitt, or Minn.
    Suter to Detroit seems like the hot rumor too.
    A lot of trades seem to be on hold until it shakes out, then we will probably see some major moves.

Im sure the Flyers will be in on Ryan and Nash. Possibly land one of them. I think they should have given the keys to Suter though.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Thats what it'll end up being. It seems like Parise is going to either NJ, Pitt, or Minn.
    Suter to Detroit seems like the hot rumor too.
    A lot of trades seem to be on hold until it shakes out, then we will probably see some major moves.

Im sure the Flyers will be in on Ryan and Nash. Possibly land one of them. I think they should have given the keys to Suter though.

whoever misses out on parise will be drooling for nash and ryan...the chips will begin to fall after he signs

these blue jackets are still out of their mind...they are asking waaay too much

and yes...the flyers should do whatever it takes to get suter,unless he doesn't want to play there
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......