The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    when you look at stats, it will take some talent, but not the kitchen sink.

i could see it being JVR and a draft pick or two.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    81 wrote:
    when you look at stats, it will take some talent, but not the kitchen sink.

i could see it being JVR and a draft pick or two.
    Ryan's cap hit wouldn't kill us either if we moved JVR in the deal. I think it's right around 5 per year.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Its going to take a ton to get Ryan.

He has scored over 30 goals 4 seasons in a row and is 25 years old. He is gritty and is a menace for opposing teams. JVR seems to fit in just a secondary scoring role.

While JVR has some promise, he is nowhere near Bobby Ryan, even at 2 years ago.

Philly only has 2 of the first 100 picks I believe, and like 4 of the first 200. They donked off a lot of their picks to get Kubina, Grossman, etc. Even if they wanted to move picks, this isnt being regarded as a very good draft. They could trade 2013 picks, but i dont see Anaheim trading Ryan for players possibly 4 years from the NHL.

Anaheim is also just 'open to trading' Ryan... which is more like give them an offer to make them want to trade Ryan. Decent forward, young defenseman, top prospect, and a 1st or 2nd rounder type of package. With multiple teams in on it, and Anaheim in a position of not having to make a move at all...

I believe they leaked that information to try to capitalize on the Nash 'losing bidders'. To see what they can get.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    So how do you Flyer fans feel about Rob Zombie making a movie about the Broad Street Bullies? Cause apparently it's in the beginning stages:

http://robzombie.com/2012/06/rob-zombie ... t-bullies/
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Giroux wins the EA '13 Cover. Yay?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

big meh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Its going to take a ton to get Ryan.

He has scored over 30 goals 4 seasons in a row and is 25 years old. He is gritty and is a menace for opposing teams. JVR seems to fit in just a secondary scoring role.

While JVR has some promise, he is nowhere near Bobby Ryan, even at 2 years ago.

Philly only has 2 of the first 100 picks I believe, and like 4 of the first 200. They donked off a lot of their picks to get Kubina, Grossman, etc. Even if they wanted to move picks, this isnt being regarded as a very good draft. They could trade 2013 picks, but i dont see Anaheim trading Ryan for players possibly 4 years from the NHL.

Anaheim is also just 'open to trading' Ryan... which is more like give them an offer to make them want to trade Ryan. Decent forward, young defenseman, top prospect, and a 1st or 2nd rounder type of package. With multiple teams in on it, and Anaheim in a position of not having to make a move at all...

I believe they leaked that information to try to capitalize on the Nash 'losing bidders'. To see what they can get.

kubina trade was bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    81 wrote:

big meh

why the "big meh"? My 6 year old is going nuts over this and it looks like I'm out $60 :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I don't see Philly going for Ryan personally even thought he is a great player I don't think he is worth the players that the ducks would want for him.

I just have a feeling that we rae really going to push for Nash and I heard another report last night suggested that the Flyers are really pushing for him.

It would be interesting (even thought I don't think we need Nash) to see Nash play with Claude. it would be very interesting. If I am the Flyers i wait to see how Nashville plays this year and try to trade for Weber.
    Rumor I heard this morning was JVR, Couturier, Boborovski, and their 1st for Nash.

with that kind of package, I would have to think Columbus would be sending a Defenseman the other way as well... but with what they were rumored to be asking previously, this may not be too surprising.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The only person Couturier should be traded for is Weber. Keep the youth.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Rumor I heard this morning was JVR, Couturier, Boborovski, and their 1st for Nash.

with that kind of package, I would have to think Columbus would be sending a Defenseman the other way as well... but with what they were rumored to be asking previously, this may not be too surprising.

Jesus. I don't know about all that. Take Couturier out of that package, or that's highway robbery.
    MayDay10 wrote:

the only person I would not be willing to let go would be Couturier. If they want a young player I would offer Matt Read while I do really like him.
    I definitely would not trade Couturier or Schenn.
    Keep seeing Jay Bouwmeesters name popping up. He is a D-man, but overpaid at $6.8M
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    MayDay10 wrote:

Nope.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Flyers release reg season schedule.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm ... gameType=2
    MayDay10 wrote:

Nope.
    G,Scheen and Couts would be the only 3 not available imo. After that everyone can be had at the right price.
    Go Birds!!!!
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/1 ... bobby-ryan

Rumblings: Flyers interested in Bobby Ryan
    June, 21, 2012 Jun 21 4:42 PM ET
    PITTSBURGH -- Bobby Ryan’s name has resurfaced in trade talks and one team that has some interest is the Philadelphia Flyers. This is nothing new. They’ve like the player for a long time.

The Anaheim Ducks aren’t shopping Ryan as much as teams are calling on him, circling back to them after he was out there for a while last November.

Ryan could be a good Plan B for the Flyers if they don’t get anywhere on Rick Nash.

Any deal with the Flyers from the Ducks’ perspective would have to center around Brayden Schenn, a source told ESPN.com Thursday, as Anaheim is desperate to find an upgrade at the No. 2 center position. My sense is that the Flyers have very little interest in moving Schenn. They view him as way too valuable to do that. Winger James van Riemsdyk is the player more likely to move out of Philadelphia if the Flyers make any splash over the next few weeks.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    5pm press conference..what happened?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I don't think the Flyers get either Nash or Ryan. I will say this again Flyers get a d-man.

I wonder what the Flyers think of the free agent Justin Schultz. I hear only good things about him.
    Bob to C-bus for picks it sounds like,
    Go Birds!!!!
    Trade apparently imminent. Guess that means There has to be a bigger trade coming up. A backup will prob be part of a multi-player deal.
    Trade apparently imminent. Guess that means There has to be a bigger trade coming up. A backup will prob be part of a multi-player deal.
    Making that trade frees up 1.75mill.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited June 2012
    I heard Bob's bringing back a 2nd and 4th round picks.

*Edit. 2nd rounder*
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    I just read one of them is #45 this year. What should I tell my son to do with his autographed photo of Bob?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I like that alot!! I have a feeling Bobby Ryan will be here. I know they want Scheen,not sure if i'd part with him though. Although the last can't miss product is still sucking it up for the Phillies. Everytime i here about prospects i'll forever think of Dom Brown.
    Go Birds!!!!
    What's so great about Ryan? I don't know the player.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited June 2012
    I like that alot!! I have a feeling Bobby Ryan will be here. I know they want Scheen,not sure if i'd part with him though. Although the last can't miss product is still sucking it up for the Phillies. Everytime i here about prospects i'll forever think of Dom Brown.
    Bob to Columbus for the 45th pick(2nd round) and two 4th Rounders, Pick #117 this year and 1 next year. Done.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    JK_Livin wrote:
    What's so great about Ryan? I don't know the player.
    Young PROVEN sniper. 4 time 30 goal scorer and he's only 25.
    Go Birds!!!!