Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I watched Carter/Richards hoist the cup and I knew it grated on Flyer fans. Gagne was probably different though.

would have been one thing if they would have said fuck philly and left as free agents.....

but they both signed long term deals wanting to play here, and were later traded without asking out. i've got no issue with either and wish them nothing but the best.

its still funny your gm didnt want them and then carter wins 2 games in the cup this year
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    They kind of wrote their tickets out. Carter with his uninspiring efforts (at least perception), and Richards with his partying... and rumors of locker room division.

In Buffalo we have one in Derek Roy. They will likely trade him this Summer, but if he hoists the cup next June, there is going to be a line up to jump over the Falls.

I would still make those trades 100 out of 100 times if Im Philly though
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Kings dont win it without Quick, Brown and Doughty. That is the core of the team.
    I'm happy for Hextall and Gagne. Mike "I'm not going first" Richards is someone I am indifferent about. Screw Carter.

New season is upon us.
    I believe we will see JVR traded before the pre-season.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    They kind of wrote their tickets out. Carter with his uninspiring efforts (at least perception), and Richards with his partying... and rumors of locker room division.
    Yep..... Dry Island

I love how people seem to forget the details of what was really going on. The Flyers werent going to win a Cup with either of those players. I still love what was gotten in return for both. They absolutely robbed Columbus, and the Kings return was and will be very good.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

it wouldn't suprise me either way
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yep..... Dry Island

I love how people seem to forget the details of what was really going on. The Flyers werent going to win a Cup with either of those players. I still love what was gotten in return for both. They absolutely robbed Columbus, and the Kings return was and will be very good.

not sure how you can say they couldn't with a cup with those 2, i mean they did make it to game 6 of the finals with probably the worst goalie to ever start a Cup clinching game in their net. no doubt they got good players back but until those players get this franchise back to the cup can't say it's been all positive,
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    81 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I watched Carter/Richards hoist the cup and I knew it grated on Flyer fans. Gagne was probably different though.

would have been one thing if they would have said fuck philly and left as free agents.....

but they both signed long term deals wanting to play here, and were later traded without asking out. i've got no issue with either and wish them nothing but the best.

its still funny your gm didnt want them and then carter wins 2 games in the cup this year

He didn't trade him to LA.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,771
    Just a reminder that we did not trade Jeff Carter to LA. He bitched his way out of Columbus after, like, 2 months. And yes, Homer fleeced Columbus in that trade. Whatever happened after that has nothing to do with the Flyers. The future is bright.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    81 wrote:

guy was hurt 95% of the time last year. the previous year he was thought to be on his way to stardom (although not totally by me). i don't get why the flyers feel the need to trade him. his upside in the next 2 years is going to be way higher than anything they get back.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Put Jonathna Quick on this squad and we'd be having a parade as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

guy was hurt 95% of the time last year. the previous year he was thought to be on his way to stardom (although not totally by me). i don't get why the flyers feel the need to trade him. his upside in the next 2 years is going to be way higher than anything they get back.

i agree on the injury front, which means if you don't think he is worth the extension, you trade him now and blame performance on injuries, unless you think he can earn that extension.

his soft play just frustrates me. i'd love him to be more physical.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yep..... Dry Island

not sure how you can say they couldn't with a cup with those 2, i mean they did make it to game 6 of the finals with probably the worst goalie to ever start a Cup clinching game in their net. no doubt they got good players back but until those players get this franchise back to the cup can't say it's been all positive,
    They got there with the MtL Canadiens doing all of the heavy lifting by taking out the Pens and Capitals. Lets be honest, the Flyers got hot(much like the Kings) after beating the Rags in the last game of the season to even make the playoffs.

While they got close, the still didnt win the Cup. The goaltending situation was of course embarassing and you had Mike Richards acting like a head case in the locker room. It's obvious he and Pronger couldnt be on the same team, so Holmgren chose to send the Captain packing. They also had Claude Giroux waiting on the batters box to step up to super star status.
  • Options
    I just got an email from NBC Sports with the title "Mavs Win!" It's about the Kings cup gear :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Just a reminder that we did not trade Jeff Carter to LA. He bitched his way out of Columbus after, like, 2 months. And yes, Homer fleeced Columbus in that trade. Whatever happened after that has nothing to do with the Flyers. The future is bright.
    Yep. He whined his way to LA to be with his drinking partner.
  • Options
    Al Morganti has said numerous times that he thinks the Flyers will go after Parise hard. Could u imagine him on a line with G. I know we'd have to free up cap so trading JVR and Bob for picks/avg players would make sense.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Al Morganti has said numerous times that he thinks the Flyers will go after Parise hard. Could u imagine him on a line with G. I know we'd have to free up cap so trading JVR and Bob for picks/avg players would make sense.
    As much as I would like to see a pure scorer on G's line, I think they must address the Defense in the off season.
    Timonen has 1 year left and they need to find a replacement. They need a top 2 guy.
    Scoring isnt the problem.
  • Options

What did Columbus get for him?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

Wow, I like hearing that.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    JK_Livin wrote:

jack johnson
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

1st Rd Pick and Jack Johnson
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

They had to give up defenseman Jack Johnson and a first-round pick. If the Kings miss the playoffs, the pick will be in 2013. Otherwise, the Blue Jackets can choose if it's in 2012 or 2013.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Wow, I like hearing that.
    He said it a month or so ago. And he brought it up yesterday as well. Def is deff are major issue but if a guy like parise would come here you gotta seriously explore that imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    As much as I would like to see a pure scorer on G's line, I think they must address the Defense in the off season.
    Timonen has 1 year left and they need to find a replacement. They need a top 2 guy.

I agree. Parise would take up pretty much all their cap space and they should be going after Suter as I think Nashville will trade his rights to get him out of Conference. There are a lot of teams after Parise in a weak FA class. The price will be outrageous. Pronger's $ cant come off the books until opening day, so it would lock up any additional moves.
  • Options
    I heard someone say that Hextall finally gets his name on the cup. Do they put the GM's name on it?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I heard someone say that Hextall finally gets his name on the cup. Do they put the GM's name on it?

i heard Emerick say last night that they get to put 52 names on the Cup. and hexy is the assistant GM. still the coolest trophy in sports. there should be a Cup Cam. That would be golden TV to see what goes on after these teams win it.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

i heard Emerick say last night that they get to put 52 names on the Cup. and hexy is the assistant GM. still the coolest trophy in sports. there should be a Cup Cam. That would be golden TV to see what goes on after these teams win it.

52 seems excessive.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    MayDay10 wrote:

I agree. Parise would take up pretty much all their cap space and they should be going after Suter as I think Nashville will trade his rights to get him out of Conference. There are a lot of teams after Parise in a weak FA class. The price will be outrageous. Pronger's $ cant come off the books until opening day, so it would lock up any additional moves.

I don't think Philly will trade for the rights to Suter but could be wrong. I also can't see them going for Parise as he is going to demand big money which we can't pay as he have to get some other d-man.

I can see the Flyers trying to trade JVR for a couple of picks and try to get another d-man the following year like a weber.
  • Options
  • Options