Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    :lol::lol:

winning ot cup games :corn:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Fixers boy ends it,get' em pjhawks
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

i had to bust chops and get him alittle riled up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311

too bad this site was down for a few days :D Carter scoring winning goal in Cup game and another goal in their 3rd win, phils sucking without ryan howard...fixer must be sick. i've heard crow doesn't taste too good. :lol:
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,771
    pjhawks wrote:
    too bad this site was down for a few days :D Carter scoring winning goal in Cup game and another goal in their 3rd win, phils sucking without ryan howard...fixer must be sick. i've heard crow doesn't taste too good. :lol:

Carter still blows. Flyers would've coasted to the Cup with Quick the same as the Kings.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397842

What do you think they sign him for and do you think they should?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:

i'm fine with him coming back.

however, i would like to see his minutes limited during the regular season, as well giving him a few games off during the season to try and keep him a little fresher for the playoffs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2012
    pjhawks wrote:

Carter still blows. Flyers would've coasted to the Cup with Quick the same as the Kings.

seriously. and so does howard (as if 1B is the phils only problem :roll: )

people on this board prove how true the saying is...'you can't argue with stupid'
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i'm fine with him coming back.

however, i would like to see his minutes limited during the regular season, as well giving him a few games off during the season to try and keep him a little fresher for the playoffs.

he made 3.3 mill last year. I wouldn't give him a penny more than half of that.

holmgren keeps saying that he thinks they can re-sign carle. I know a bunch of people here will be thrilled if that happens
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I hate Carle.

Only way I want Jagr back is if he eases off the training a bit and maybe they give him more rest during the meaningless regular season games. Between the games he missed last year from the groin and his age, he was absolutely out of gas for most of the playoffs.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I hate Carle.

Only way I want Jagr back is if he eases off the training a bit and maybe they give him more rest during the meaningless regular season games. Between the games he missed last year from the groin and his age, he was absolutely out of gas for most of the playoffs.

yeah, you're not the only one that feels that way about carle. I'm usually opinionated (in case you guys haven't seen me in other threads :D ), but I'm indifferent towards carle.

As for both players, I'm fine with them coming back if the price is right. Neither is a player I want to see them overpay to keep (especially jagr...give him a lowball offer and tell him to take it or leave it)
  • Options
    for fixer:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8697764

i guess you can win with carter and richards.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    for fixer:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8697764

i guess you can win with carter and richards.

richards handed it to carter..i chuckled
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Question, How do flyer players win the cup? Answer, leave Philly dah dah dah... Oh what a feeling to be a flyers fan. Ya the devils may have beat our rangers, but your EX-Captain JUST won the cup the VERY NEXT year after leading your team to the FINALS. Matter of fact 3 ex flyers...hahahaha enjoy the off season. And in case you want to know, put it on NHL tonight flyers fans, you can see your ex players drinking out of the cup. Go ahead, put your golfing pics up again. Talk your shit now 81. #becauseitsthecup hahaha
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    badbrains wrote:
    Question, How do flyer players win the cup? Answer, leave Philly dah dah dah... Oh what a feeling to be a flyers fan. Ya the devils may have beat our rangers, but your EX-Captain JUST won the cup the VERY NEXT year after leading your team to the FINALS. Matter of fact 3 ex flyers...hahahaha enjoy the off season. And in case you want to know, put it on NHL tonight flyers fans, you can see your ex players drinking out of the cup. Go ahead, put your golfing pics up again. Talk your shit now 81. #becauseitsthecup hahaha
    :fp:

your stupidity is only rivaled by stevieg's

it was two seasons ago that the Flyers were in the finals.....if you goig to trash talk, at least get your fact straight :fp: :fp: :fp:

i'd discuss the merit of the deals, but not sure you would be able to understand them
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Oh sorry missed it by 1 year, my bad, I'm stupid you're right buddy. It just seems like 1 LONG year after year for the flyers. But again, I'm stupid and dnt know shit, unlike you. You know everything. Smartest HICK I know. Genius. See you next year Jeb.
    Jeb- old Cali term for redneck hick from the woods, but you ALREADY knew that right 81? Mr encyclopedia of knowledge
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Oh sorry missed it by 1 year, my bad, I'm stupid you're right buddy. It just seems like 1 LONG year after year for the flyers. But again, I'm stupid and dnt know shit, unlike you. You know everything. Smartest HICK I know. Genius. See you next year Jeb.
    Jeb- old Cali term for redneck hick from the woods, but you ALREADY knew that right 81? Mr encyclopedia of knowledge

stealing insults from neily? you can do better than that, i know you have it in you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    badbrains wrote:

As a fellow Ranger's fan please stop. :fp: Does it matter what a player did last year or will do next year or who they played for in the past? Shit, I think half of the '94 Rangers played for the Oilers. It's all about now and the Kings pretty much beat the shit out of everyone to win the Cup. Kudos to them. It's the hardest trophy in all of sports to win. That being said...fuck Philly and Boston.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

stealing insults from neily? you can do better than that, i know you have it in you.

Oh I'm stealing insults from J now? I think I was calling u a hick way before I found out u were actually from the redneck woods. But ok, I'm stealing insults now. I find it funny how esto tambien for u to talk shit to rangers fans but can't do the same to you. But DS is right, it's the kings moment and it doesn't matter cuz both of our teams DIDNT win shit this year. See ya next season 81, I'll try to be more original for you. :)
  • Options
    Hey idiot moron trolls coming in this thread - LA won the Cup because they had an insanely hot goalie. That's it. Now go the fuck away and get a life.

By the way, you're an idiot.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Hey idiot moron trolls coming in this thread - LA won the Cup because they had an insanely hot goalie. That's it. Now go the fuck away and get a life.

carter had 8 goals including an ot winner in game 2 and the winner in the clincher .... just saying :lol::lol:
  • Options

carter had 8 goals including an ot winner in game 2 and the winner in the clincher .... just saying :lol::lol:

yup can't say he hasn't scored any big goals anymore. somehow carter and richards get no credit for winning the Cup because Quick was great, but same fans who say that blame carter and richards for not winning with michael fn leighton in philly. either way it fucking sucks another year without the Cup. 37 years :fp:
  • Options

Had the puck on his stick and an open net to send 2010 Finals to Game 7 and shot it right into the pads. Fuck him.

I'm happy for Richie & Gagne.

• Options

Had the puck on his stick and an open net to send 2010 Finals to Game 7 and shot it right into the pads. Fuck him.

I'm happy for Richie & Gagne.

actually hit Niemi's stick if i recall. and richards couldn't score with khalif wyatt's prostitute :D richards always came across as a miserable prick to me. not really thrilled for him other than him and carter can send homer pictures of them drinking out of the Cup and ask homer if they are drinking too much :lol:
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    not really thrilled for him other than him and carter can send homer pictures of them drinking out of the Cup and ask homer if they are drinking too much :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Gagne almost fell down with the cup.

Personally I hate it when (recent) ex-Sabres win the cup for the most part. I watched Carter/Richards hoist the cup and I knew it grated on Flyer fans. Gagne was probably different though.

LA was bound to break through one of these years. They are comically deep at center, have a great d-corps including Doughty, and have a top-3 goalie in the league. Those are the 3 hot spots.

They are going to be good for awhile too. The balance of power in the West is changing. Gonna see LA, Edmonton is the same way amassing talent over years of high picks, St Louis, Phoenix.

So next step is Philly tading for the rights of Suter?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Congrats to Gagne and Hextall. I could care less about Carter and Richards, Williams is irrelevant.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Congrats to Gagne and Hextall. I could care less about Carter and Richards, Williams is irrelevant.

and john stevens. seemed like a nice normal guy when he was here. always loved hexy. wish they would bring him back to town but I guess only job he would take is GM here.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Stevens?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I watched Carter/Richards hoist the cup and I knew it grated on Flyer fans. Gagne was probably different though.

would have been one thing if they would have said fuck philly and left as free agents.....

but they both signed long term deals wanting to play here, and were later traded without asking out. i've got no issue with either and wish them nothing but the best.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg