Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    pjhawks wrote:
    Jeff Carter with a hat trick as the Kings move to 10-1 in the playoffs against the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the West. Crazy run they are on right now.

what's worse for Flyers fans, Henrik Lundquist taking the Cup down Broadway or Carter and Richards taking it down Hollywood Blvd.?

I'm actually pulling for the Kings..they have that "look"

I wish Gags was playing to get his ring the right way

Roll-Call on the Flyers - West

Richards,Carter,Williams,Gagne (hurt)

Asst Coach Stevens,Asst GM Hextall and their GM Lombardi used to be a scout for the Flyers

:o
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    Nice game for Carter, even if one puck happened to bounce off his foot.

I still like Richie, even with his stupid Yankees hat.

Wouldn't mind at all if the Kings won it. Flyers still have a bright future from those trades.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Go Phoenix!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Go Phoenix!

That's a lost cause.

Maybe Go To Another City.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    Jeff Carter with a hat trick as the Kings move to 10-1 in the playoffs against the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the West. Crazy run they are on right now.

what's worse for Flyers fans, Henrik Lundquist taking the Cup down Broadway or Carter and Richards taking it down Hollywood Blvd.?

hilarious that you have to post this since it's your boy carter's first decent career playoff game. he's still a turd

I still love richards. I'd much rather see LA win than the NYR
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    So, the *only* Flyers fan in my office (I live in Pittsburgh) was wearing his Flyers stuff all through the first two rounds of the playoffs and making a big deal of it to everyone, which is fine, whatever.

Comes in this past Friday on casual day, wearing a Kings tshirt, which he proudly waltzes over my desk to show off. Best part: Its a KOPITAR shirt. :lol::| :roll:

I do not understand.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    cdp1223 wrote:
    So, the *only* Flyers fan in my office (I live in Pittsburgh) was wearing his Flyers stuff all through the first two rounds of the playoffs and making a big deal of it to everyone, which is fine, whatever.

Comes in this past Friday on casual day, wearing a Kings tshirt, which he proudly waltzes over my desk to show off. Best part: Its a KOPITAR shirt. :lol::| :roll:

I do not understand.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    81 wrote:

Haha, yeah, I mean I thought the same thing at first. But this actually knows his hockey and has apparently liked the Flyers since he was a kid (which is how he came to be a Flyers fan in the heart of Pittsburgh), so I was just a little thrown off since he wasn't the average fan fraud we've all witnessed.

That thread is hilarious though. :lol:
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

hilarious that you have to post this since it's your boy carter's first decent career playoff game. he's still a turd

is it wrong that I don't want LA to win just because as a flyers fan i will get tired of hearing all these people talking about how stupid the richards/carter trade was?

I still want the yotes to win just so that I can see Bettman talking about himself and how he is so happy that there is still a team in the desert.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

1st year he has been healthly in the playoffs. not sure if you've watched any games but he is killing penalties as well. i never was the biggest richards fan but you have to give carter and richards credit as they are looking like they are on their way to their 2nd cup finals appearance in 3 years. for all the ass kissing of holmgren and the trades he made that's got to sting a bit.

37 years without a cup hurts :fp:
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

is it wrong that I don't want LA to win just because as a flyers fan i will get tired of hearing all these people talking about how stupid the richards/carter trade was?

I still want the yotes to win just so that I can see Bettman talking about himself and how he is so happy that there is still a team in the desert.

no it's not wrong, but when you turnover a franchise 2 years removed from a stanley cup finals appearance and one year after a division title you have to expect to take some shit after everyone was kissing your ass for all the great moves you made...and then your team failed miserably in the 2nd round of the playoffs. regardless of personal feelings about richards and carter it's hard to say short-term the trades worked out. until the flyers get back to a Cup with the new players, especially if carter and richards make another, how can that be an argument? it's about winning ultimately. seeing this franchise fail in the playoffs again hurts. 37 freaking years
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I Don't think you can fault management for the trades of Richards and Carter. Management knew what was going on behind the scenes better than the fans. Richards wasn't much of a leader supposedly and Carter, Mr. Softee, would get hurt every year in playoffs and come up small when he wasn't hurt. I had no problem with the trades back then and don't now.

I don't think anyone imagined they would be on the same team again.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I Don't think you can fault management for the trades of Richards and Carter. Management knew what was going on behind the scenes better than the fans. Richards wasn't much of a leader supposedly and Carter, Mr. Softee, would get hurt every year in playoffs and come up small when he wasn't hurt. I had no problem with the trades back then and don't now.

i wouldn't ultimately judge it after one year, but if in 2 or 3 years this team hasn't made it back to a Cup with these players than managment ultimately has to be faulted unless someting unforeseen occurs (injuries to brzy and/or giroux for example).
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

1st year he has been healthly in the playoffs. not sure if you've watched any games but he is killing penalties as well. i never was the biggest richards fan but you have to give carter and richards credit as they are looking like they are on their way to their 2nd cup finals appearance in 3 years. for all the ass kissing of holmgren and the trades he made that's got to sting a bit.

37 years without a cup hurts :fp:

getting close to our 1940 chant...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    getting close to our 1940 chant...

when you really think about it it really is a crazy number. for as good as this franchise has been over the years to not have won one since 1975 is crazy.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

i wouldn't ultimately judge it after one year, but if in 2 or 3 years this team hasn't made it back to a Cup with these players than managment ultimately has to be faulted unless someting unforeseen occurs (injuries to brzy and/or giroux for example).

I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with the carter trade. couturier is already a better player than carter and you could make an argument that voracek is close as well. that was a flat out steal. if carter wins the cup with LA it will be the same as burrell winning a ring with SF...not like either player was a main cog in those teams

I think the flyers did well in those trades. If you want to rip them for anything it should be the bryz contract, not the richards/carter deals
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I agree Carter had to go and last I Checked we didn't trade Carter
    to LA ?

Also, their goalie is out of his mind this season something Carter/Richards never had here

I don't have regret with the Richards trade I think Schenn is showing signs of being a Richards type player

Giroux doesn't become the player he is if those trades aren't made

I think I read Quick lost 10 games this year 1-0 ?!?!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with the carter trade. couturier is already a better player than carter and you could make an argument that voracek is close as well. that was a flat out steal. if carter wins the cup with LA it will be the same as burrell winning a ring with SF...not like either player was a main cog in those teams

I think the flyers did well in those trades. If you want to rip them for anything it should be the bryz contract, not the richards/carter deals

love couturier and agree he will be much better than carter and even richards in the long run. voracek is nowhere near carter. voracek is decent at best. i just think you are way too hard on carter. he's not nearly as bad as you think. hopefully couturier, schenn with giroux are going to be the anchors to a Cup in the near future. i just want this franchise to win one...soon.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Schenn is going to be better than Richards. Plus you got Simmonds.

F Carter.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Schenn is going to be better than Richards. Plus you got Simmonds.

F Carter.

well at least your sabres got Ville Leino :fp:
  • Options
    to LA ?

Also, their goalie is out of his mind this season something Carter/Richards never had here

I don't have regret with the Richards trade I think Schenn is showing signs of being a Richards type player

I agree with you on most of this. Carter is a 30 goal scorer but 60 point player and to be honest didn't deserve the contract he got.

I don't agree that Schenn is a richards type players. I pick Courts to be more like Richards.

the real measure of these trades boils down to Ilya playing better and Flyers winning a cup. If that doesn't happen than we lose these trades.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    to LA ?

I agree with you on most of this. Carter is a 30 goal scorer but 60 point player and to be honest didn't deserve the contract he got.

I don't agree that Schenn is a richards type players. I pick Courts to be more like Richards.

the real measure of these trades boils down to Ilya playing better and Flyers winning a cup. If that doesn't happen than we lose these trades.

they already won the carter deal. by a mile. seriously, that guy was here for a while. can anyone recall a big goal that he scored? or a big game where he was their best player? I can't. He blows. He will always be remembered for sucking when the games mattered most

I think the schenn/richards comp is pretty accurate. shcenn plays phisically and he has the same mean streak that richards does, even though neither of them are big guys

hopefully there is an amnesty clause in the new CBA so they can get outta that bryz contract
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:
    to LA ?

they already won the carter deal. by a mile. seriously, that guy was here for a while. can anyone recall a big goal that he scored? or a big game where he was their best player? I can't. He blows. He will always be remembered for sucking when the games mattered most

I think the schenn/richards comp is pretty accurate. shcenn plays phisically and he has the same mean streak that richards does, even though neither of them are big guys

hopefully there is an amnesty clause in the new CBA so they can get outta that bryz contract

Don't get me wrong I really like the Carter trade but it boils down to the cup. we traded those players players to get a better goalie and also to get a cup. The players we got back from both trades are really good but the reason we trader those players for the goalie. if we don't win the cup than the best we can say is that the trade was ok but didn't do what the expectation was.

Even if there is a amnesty clause and we drop Bryz we still have the same problem. No Goalie. but like I said before I think Bryz plays much better next season
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    walking wounded
    Giroux had surgery on his right wrist to repair torn cartilage and surgery on left wrist to remove bone spurs. He needs six weeks of recovery time.

Forward Wayne Simmonds had surgery to repair a broken left index finger. His recovery time is four to six weeks.

Defenseman Matt Carle had surgery to repair a torn stomach muscle. His recovery time is four to six weeks.

Defenseman Kimmo Timonen will have surgery next week to remove a disc fragment from his lower back. Full recovery is expected in eight to 10 weeks.

Forward James van Riemsdyk will have surgery next week to repair a torn labrum in his right hip. His recovery time is six weeks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    walking wounded
    Giroux had surgery on his right wrist to repair torn cartilage and surgery on left wrist to remove bone spurs. He needs six weeks of recovery time.

Forward Wayne Simmonds had surgery to repair a broken left index finger. His recovery time is four to six weeks.

Defenseman Matt Carle had surgery to repair a torn stomach muscle. His recovery time is four to six weeks.

Defenseman Kimmo Timonen will have surgery next week to remove a disc fragment from his lower back. Full recovery is expected in eight to 10 weeks.

Forward James van Riemsdyk will have surgery next week to repair a torn labrum in his right hip. His recovery time is six weeks.

Sounds like last year. Don't the other teams have injuries too?

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    walking wounded

Sounds like last year. Don't the other teams have injuries too?
    every team in the playoffs has a list of wounded...hence its the meanest sport out there
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    I like what I see on his fight card...

Right wing Derek Mathers has signed an entry-level deal with the Flyers, according to a tweet from the 18-year-old enforcer and announcement from his OHL team.

Mathers was the Flyers’ final pick of the 2011 draft, selected in the seventh round (206th overall). He spent last season with the Peterborough Petes of the OHL, where he served as an alternate captain and registered nine goals and eight assists in 65 games. He also played nine games with the Flyers’ AHL affiliate the Adirondack Phantoms on an amateur tryout after the Petes’ season came to a close this spring.

The deal with the Flyers is for three years, and Mathers will take home $925,000 each season. He is expected to remain in the OHL for another year.

Not much of a goal-scorer, Mathers already has quite a reputation as a tough guy. In two seasons with the Petes, he racked up 348 penalty minutes. In those nine aforementioned games with the Phantoms, he accumulated 26 minutes

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111453
  • Options
    didn't think I could like this guy any more than I already do. I was wrong

http://deadspin.com/5912332/claude-giro ... oth-wrists
  • Options
    anybody see iyla's new training program :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    in other news, Giroux might be on the next NHL game cover

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2 ... lle-predat