Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Can't believe people are pinning this on Bryz. He was their best player in the series. They scored ONE FUCKING GOAL last night. Hard to win like that.

Not saying he's the reason they lost, but that 2nd goal last night was the worst thing I have ever seen
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Couldnt figure out why the Flyers were still trying to goon it up down 2-1 in a 3-1 series. Wasted time and opportunity. Gave NJ powerplays which they finally converted on to make it 3-1. Then the Lou Lamariello neutral zone bog-down occurred and it was good night.
    In that situation, its time to stop going for the big hits and cheap shots. Time to get some puck possession and pressure in the NJ zone.

I think they were trying to become emotionally vested in the series. Before the big hits in last night's game this series was pretty much a pillow fight. Rare that you see two teams go through a series without hating one another, which is exactly how this series went.

Now I don't care what happens in the playoffs. Just please, someone beat the stinkin rangers
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    Can't believe people are pinning this on Bryz. He was their best player in the series. They scored ONE FUCKING GOAL last night. Hard to win like that.

Not saying he's the reason they lost, but that 2nd goal last night was the worst thing I have ever seen

i dunno...that empty net goal that marty gave up was pretty bad. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    :fp: JVR ... always score when you take bad penalties ...

he should be wearing carter's 17

yes, I went there. he's entering that territory for me. package him and bob in a trade

frustrating end to a fun season. they have work to do but the future is bright. worst part is that the biggest question is the same thing it's been for 25 fucking years :roll: (yes, I know bryz was solid vs NJ, but he's still more of a question mark than answer at this point)

carter and richards in the conference finals again. less points and worse position this year and same level of playoffs....want to reconsider the 'these trades were steals' comments?

as for Bryz cleary the Flyers didn't check out his personality or didn't seem to care that they guy is basically nuts. 8 more years...might be the worst contract in philly now?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    ...might be the worst contract in philly now?

no love for that pronger deal :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Roman Checkmanek was absolutely nuts, and he was probably the best goalie the Flyers have had in the last 20 years. The problem there was that he showed up his teammates who couldnt score to save their lives.

Wonder what he is up to these days.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Wonder what he is up to these days.

:lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

or ryan howard. or papelbon

anyone disappointed with the jeff carter trade is beyond lost
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

or ryan howard. or papelbon

anyone disappointed with the jeff carter trade is beyond lost

carter was a great deal....

however, i think a case could be made that the richards deal was not as good....jury is still out on it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

carter was a great deal....

however, i think a case could be made that the richards deal was not as good....jury is still out on it

schenn and simmonds both had pretty good years. and both were great vs pitt.

I love richards but he got another concussion this year (hasn't been the most durable guy) and his contract was pretty ridiculous (something like 8 more years). I see why the flyers got out from under that commitment.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    HartnellRobot.gif
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

• Options
    HartnellRobot.gif

:wtf:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    bryzaster said to a russian newspaper that the treatment he received from the phila fans wouldn't be wished upon his worst enemy. Amnesty please.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    boy, thank god for the sixers. right?

in all seriousness, i have to apologize. last tuesday i parlayed the sixers with the flyers. my buddy, huge flyers fan who's had season tix for years, told me the flyers were going to sweep. so, money line it was with the sixers +6 or whatever the line was. never thought it would the flyers to let me down in that one. luckily i had the sixers in a separate bet to break even.

aaaaaanywho, that was my first and probably only hockey bet ever. they didn't win another game. i'm sorry guys.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I don't know if I like this move by Holmgren calling out players but all well.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395598

I do actually think that Ilya will be much better next year.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fife wrote:

should try and lure sean burke out of phoenix ... dude made bryz look better than he is and obviously is doing a number with mike smith ...
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Don't see Bryz taking Philly to the promised land...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    fife wrote:

i didn't see his comments being all that bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    boy, thank god for the sixers. right?

in all seriousness, i have to apologize. last tuesday i parlayed the sixers with the flyers. my buddy, huge flyers fan who's had season tix for years, told me the flyers were going to sweep. so, money line it was with the sixers +6 or whatever the line was. never thought it would the flyers to let me down in that one. luckily i had the sixers in a separate bet to break even.

aaaaaanywho, that was my first and probably only hockey bet ever. they didn't win another game. i'm sorry guys.

Thanks Moosh

• Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i didn't see his comments being all that bad.

I heard the news conference live on the radio

It's hard to get the right context just reading quotes

Homer was half laughing when talking about Bryz

• Options
    panaccio agrees with me...get rid of bob

There was a point two years ago when Bobrovsky genuinely looked like the Flyers goalie of the future. By the playoffs, it was apparent he was not. Being a back-up goalie is not easy in the NHL, especially after you were a starter who won 28 games the year before as a rookie. If there is one thing the Flyers learned this season, it’s that Bob is not suited to back up, especially given how infrequent his starts were among the 29 games he played. He simply couldn’t find any kind of acceptable rhythm and finished with a very mediocre 3.02 GAA and .899 save percentage. He has one year left on his contract and it would behoove the club to find an accomplished back-up ala Brian Boucher’s pedigree, who can function better with long periods of inactivity. Someone like Scott Clemmensen in Florida, who is used to the back-up role and will be unrestricted this summer. Bob is 24. The guy ahead of him has eight years left on his contract. In fairness to Bobrovsky, the Flyers should move him to where he can be groomed into a full-time starter. He’s not going to develop here and he’s not going to play here.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

There was a point two years ago when Bobrovsky genuinely looked like the Flyers goalie of the future. By the playoffs, it was apparent he was not. Being a back-up goalie is not easy in the NHL, especially after you were a starter who won 28 games the year before as a rookie. If there is one thing the Flyers learned this season, it’s that Bob is not suited to back up, especially given how infrequent his starts were among the 29 games he played. He simply couldn’t find any kind of acceptable rhythm and finished with a very mediocre 3.02 GAA and .899 save percentage. He has one year left on his contract and it would behoove the club to find an accomplished back-up ala Brian Boucher’s pedigree, who can function better with long periods of inactivity. Someone like Scott Clemmensen in Florida, who is used to the back-up role and will be unrestricted this summer. Bob is 24. The guy ahead of him has eight years left on his contract. In fairness to Bobrovsky, the Flyers should move him to where he can be groomed into a full-time starter. He’s not going to develop here and he’s not going to play here.

if you can get somethign decent, trade him.

i still think he didn't get a fair shake in last years playoffs. the playoff round robin in net last year was a joke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

if you can get somethign decent, trade him.

i still think he didn't get a fair shake in last years playoffs. the playoff round robin in net last year was a joke.

I don't think he's good to begin with.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    Jeff Carter with a hat trick as the Kings move to 10-1 in the playoffs against the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the West. Crazy run they are on right now.

what's worse for Flyers fans, Henrik Lundquist taking the Cup down Broadway or Carter and Richards taking it down Hollywood Blvd.?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    pjhawks wrote:
    Jeff Carter with a hat trick as the Kings move to 10-1 in the playoffs against the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the West. Crazy run they are on right now.

what's worse for Flyers fans, Henrik Lundquist taking the Cup down Broadway or Carter and Richards taking it down Hollywood Blvd.?

Ah, I think hank and canyon of heroes would be worse for u guys cuz that would make 2 cups for rangers since your last one.......
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    pjhawks wrote:

i've moved on from hockey....but i'll be rooting for the teams in this order

kings
    yotes
    devils
    rangers

i don't think any flyers fan will say anything bad if the flyers west win the title. some may not like carter, but you can't hold anything agaist him or richards. neither asked to be traded, both signed long term deals with philly because they wanted to be there.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg