For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    This is a fact. Please treat it as such. The New Jersey Devils finished behind the Maple Leafs in the standings one year ago.

:fp:
    The year I became a season ticket holder :fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Always comes down to goaltending.

the_ilya_bryzgalov_hbo_spinoffs_wed_pay_to_see.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299
    Good season nonetheless. Unfortunately same results as previous seasons. Got to hand it to the Devils I guess, they just outplayed us this round. :|
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    DS1119 wrote:
    Always comes down to goaltending.

the_ilya_bryzgalov_hbo_spinoffs_wed_pay_to_see.jpg

Honestly he kept them in many of the games

He's always prone to lapse but this series isn't on him
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Interesting factoid

Jonathan Quick, MIke Smith and Martin Brodeur all make less than Ilya Bryzgalov. Combined.

• Options

I know what you're saying. He might not have lost the series for thm but he didn't win it either. It's just always about the hot goaltender. Look what Smith is doing in Phoenix. As soon as his magic runs out that team will fall and fall quick.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I know what you're saying. He might not have lost the series for thm but he didn't win it either. It's just always about the hot goaltender. Look what Smith is doing in Phoenix. As soon as his magic runs out that team will fall and fall quick.

Definitely

But the whole off season is gonna be that crap clearing attempt

The other games would have been blowouts

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    When 10 of ur 12 forwards sucked ass ur gonna lose. When u lose every battle down low ur gonna lose. When ur outplayed and hustled ur gonna lose. When our best forward is wellwood ur gonna lose. When ur def turns the puck over all dries ur gonna lose. The only and I me only reason we weren't blown out EVERY game was Bryz
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    DS1119 wrote:

Quick? Very punny...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    When 10 of ur 12 forwards sucked ass ur gonna lose. When u lose every battle down low ur gonna lose. When ur outplayed and hustled ur gonna lose. When our best forward is wellwood ur gonna lose. When ur def turns the puck over all dries ur gonna lose. The only and I me only reason we weren't blown out EVERY game was Bryz

This team just lost its emotion and desire from round one

Classy move for Giroux to come down and shake hands

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Ok, off season talk can begin, unless there is a lockout.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Quick? Very punny...

Didn't even pick up on that. You're too Quick for me BD. :lol:
  • Options
    Ok, off season talk can begin, unless there is a lockout.

Clean House

:lol:

I need a break

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    well another season ending in disappointment. they did come out strong but 2 bad goals let in by Ilya. still the team just looked like they were not into this series.

so what do we now. Is bob gone this off season, do we need a dman to replace pronger and if so who do we get? Do we sign Jagr back and for how much? also what can wew do about getting Carle off this team.

good news is that next year our young players will be 1 year wiser.
  • Options
    Jaromir Jagr: "This was the most enjoyable year I've ever had. It's a sad day for me. I want to cry right now."

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24

UFA
    Jagr
    Kubina
    Carle

RFA
    Voracek
    Harry Z
    Sestito
    Bourdon

Kubina can go

i'd bring back Jagr if the money was cheap
    i'd also keep Carle unless something good comes along to take his place

defiantly sign Vorack
    Bourdon if he is cheap for depth

I'd also trade JVR if the right deal came along.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2012
    polaris_x wrote:
    :fp: JVR ... always score when you take bad penalties ...

he should be wearing carter's 17

yes, I went there. he's entering that territory for me. package him and bob in a trade

frustrating end to a fun season. they have work to do but the future is bright. worst part is that the biggest question is the same thing it's been for 25 fucking years :roll: (yes, I know bryz was solid vs NJ, but he's still more of a question mark than answer at this point)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Jaromir Jagr: "This was the most enjoyable year I've ever had. It's a sad day for me. I want to cry right now."

I really think he's done. He really did nothing during the entire playoffs.

If he wants a spot next year he better be ready to take a major, major pay cut. $3.3 mill this year. I kinda hope he's gone
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Carle will be gone.
    JVR will prob be dealt to bring in a young d-man to fill the Carle/Pronger spots
    Jagr- doubtful he comes back. His quotes there sound like he's lobbying for a new contract. Really, this has been your most enjoyable year? C'mon now. He clearly ran out of gas after the regular season. He could not keep up to the players on his own line.
    Kubina is gone.

Voracek will be resigned.
    Bourdon prob signed.

They will need to sign/trade for at least 2 D-men if Carle doesnt come back. He will be looking for $$$, and frankly, I dont think he's worth it.

First we have to wait to see what happens with the new CBA. That will affect the Flyers off season plans big time.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Doesn't Pronger need to decide whether or not to retire for cap reasons. The sooner he makes a decision, the better for the Flyers. Too bad all our young talent is on O. We need some D.

Fuckin Jersey :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Keep banging your in-laws Marty!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Doesn't Pronger need to decide whether or not to retire for cap reasons. The sooner he makes a decision, the better for the Flyers. Too bad all our young talent is on O. We need some D.

Pronger has the goofy contract. if memory serves, they will need to go LTIR each season. i could be wrong.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    JK_Livin wrote:

No... even if he retires, his salary counts against the cap. However, if he isn't medically cleared to play, they can put him on LTIR, and essentially their salary cap gets raised the amount of his contract (like Boston has been doing with Marc Savard).

With the new CBA, who knows if there will be any sort of change to that though.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I think they are going to make a play for (and overpay) Suter.

LTIR for Pronger... I dont think they will eliminate that in the CBA as its a good bone for the NHLPA.

I believe Bryzgalov is signed through 2020? Ouch. Maybe theyll trade Bryz for Luongo. :lol: :corn:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kimmo and Jagr are done.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    Can't believe people are pinning this on Bryz. He was their best player in the series. They scored ONE FUCKING GOAL last night. Hard to win like that.

Team basically stunk ever since JVR came back. He was horrendous this series. If he wasn't healthy he should've stayed in the press box and not interfered with the chemistry.

Another choking Phila sports team. I just don't understand how this franchise has gone so long without a Cup. They are always in it, and never win it. It's just mystifying.

Sports in 2012 have been absolutely horrible. I need a break.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Can't believe people are pinning this on Bryz. He was their best player in the series. They scored ONE FUCKING GOAL last night. Hard to win like that.

Team basically stunk ever since JVR came back. He was horrendous this series. If he wasn't healthy he should've stayed in the press box and not interfered with the chemistry.

Another choking Phila sports team. I just don't understand how this franchise has gone so long without a Cup. They are always in it, and never win it. It's just mystifying.

Sports in 2012 have been absolutely horrible. I need a break.

I know. Even if Bryz doesn't screw up that clearing pass for a goal, it's still 1-1. You can't win a game 1-1.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    team was absolutely lost out there ... NJ just played a complete team game - they clogged the neutral zone so you couldn't carry the puck in and when you tried to dump it - brodeur's superior stick handling nullified the forecheck ... you guys just couldn't figure out a way of breaking down their system ... NJ also played with superior composure - they didn't fall for any of the cheap shots and stayed clear of the penalty box ...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Couldnt figure out why the Flyers were still trying to goon it up down 2-1 in a 3-1 series. Wasted time and opportunity. Gave NJ powerplays which they finally converted on to make it 3-1. Then the Lou Lamariello neutral zone bog-down occurred and it was good night.
    In that situation, its time to stop going for the big hits and cheap shots. Time to get some puck possession and pressure in the NJ zone.