The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    as you know i'm not a hockey guy, but mike richards strikes me as a tool, a fraud, and one who's way too liberal with his usage of the exclamation point:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/04/mi ... s-hat.html

wow you cats just cant deal with ny :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    as you know i'm not a hockey guy, but mike richards strikes me as a tool, a fraud, and one who's way too liberal with his usage of the exclamation point:

relax. i'd say the same thing if he wore a knicks hat. ironically, so would you. fraud. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

relax. i'd say the same thing if he wore a knicks hat. ironically, so would you. fraud. :lol:

lakers kid...sixers will get in to the playoffs though..its a step in the right direction
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

lakers kid...sixers will get in to the playoffs though..its a step in the right direction

they've already clinched. but, thanks. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I follow him on Twitter...I gave'em the bizness as soon as I saw his Tweet

Is being Canadian any excuse for him ?

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

they've already clinched. but, thanks. :thumbup:

i think they can take the bulls or heat or celtics...whoever they play
    :lol::lol:

I follow him on Twitter...I gave'em the bizness as soon as I saw his Tweet

Is being Canadian any excuse for him ?

:lol:

being a canadian isn't an excuse for anything. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Is tonight the night that this team gets their shit together?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

you'd like to think so. i can't stomach this crap much longer. no fire in the belly right now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    Thank God there's only two games of the Phils on TCN. I can handle not seeing one Flyers game.
    THere we go. Richie...it's about time my man
    The Fixer wrote:
    THere we go. Richie...it's about time my man

BAM...again. that was a seed.

the ottawa announcer just called him brad richards. and when ottawa scored he said, 'bingo, boingo, bango'. these canadien announcers crack me up. remind me of game show hosts
    Well, there goes the #1 seed and Pitt creeps up to one point.
    Pathetic
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Pathetic

Yeah, I'm officially worried. Not about the seed they end up with (don't think home ice matters at all. I actually like them starting on the road in the playoffs). The way they've played for the last 6 weeks is what scares me.

They look awful. Hopefully Pronger comes back for playoffs and makes a difference.
    Is there any word of when exactly Pronger is officially supposed to be back?
    Is there any word of when exactly Pronger is officially supposed to be back?

He's not playing again in the regular season. They are hoping he's ready to go for game 1 of the playoffs. he had a 'small setback' his rehab, but that's the only info they released (that I saw anyway)
    Have dropped 13 of their last 19 games...ugly

BOB to start in the playoffs

They can't drop below 4th in the conference after tonight

No effort on any side of the ice tonight

Richards played well finally

A 4/5 matchup vs tampa would be no bueno
    The Fixer wrote:

A 4/5 matchup vs tampa would be no bueno

Nope...not a good match up from what we saw in the reg season

I dont think TB has the depth to take a 7 game series but it all depends on what Flyers team shows up

Couple more games we'll know the match ups for sure

I'm hoping this leighton nonsense is just to give the other 2 a rest on saturday. I don't get it
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm hoping this leighton nonsense is just to give the other 2 a rest on saturday. I don't get it

the other two don't need a rest...they need to stop the puck. they could also use some help from the forwards and D man. hmm, maybe he will suit up as a centerman
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    panic mode has set in fellas...

Paul Holmgren flipped off the television. He was in South Jersey, watching his Flyers play in Ottawa, and decided he had seen enough.

Holmgren was tired of seeing his team, losers of 13 of its last 19 contests, free-fall through the Eastern Conference standings. So he took matters into his own hands yesterday.

Senators 5, Flyers 2 Top Flyers nicknames 2010-2011 Flyers fights Flyers @ SabresFri, Apr 8 at 7:30PMFrom:
    $161»BUY TICKETSMultiple team sources told the Daily News that Holmgren held a brief but very poignant closed-door meeting with all of the Flyers' players and coaches before their practice yesterday at the Skate Zone.

"I'd say it was pretty standard for something like that this time of year," one source said. "But he was pretty angry."

It was Holmgren's first meeting of that nature with the team this season, sources said. He is usually calm and reserved.

Holmgren, according to sources, spoke about the need for the Flyers to win puck battles during the game and compete, something they've done little of during the final quarter of the season.

The Flyers, with just two games remaining in the regular season, can slide as far as fourth in the East. Just 8 days ago, the Flyers had an 88 percent probability to clinch the No. 1 seed after their win in Pittsburgh. Now they have little chance to get the No. 1 seed, even though they still have a game in-hand over Washington. But with a win last night over Florida, the Capitals cut their magic number for the East's top seed to just one point.

The Flyers' magic number to win their first Atlantic Division title since 2004 remains at three points with Pittsburgh. The Flyers' game in-hand against Pittsburgh has vanished.
    good.

they are in full choke mode right now and they need an ass chewing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

Paul Holmgren flipped off the television. He was in South Jersey, watching his Flyers play in Ottawa, and decided he had seen enough.

Holmgren was tired of seeing his team, losers of 13 of its last 19 contests, free-fall through the Eastern Conference standings. So he took matters into his own hands yesterday.

Senators 5, Flyers 2 Top Flyers nicknames 2010-2011 Flyers fights Flyers @ SabresFri, Apr 8 at 7:30PMFrom:
    $161»BUY TICKETSMultiple team sources told the Daily News that Holmgren held a brief but very poignant closed-door meeting with all of the Flyers' players and coaches before their practice yesterday at the Skate Zone.

"I'd say it was pretty standard for something like that this time of year," one source said. "But he was pretty angry."

It was Holmgren's first meeting of that nature with the team this season, sources said. He is usually calm and reserved.

Holmgren, according to sources, spoke about the need for the Flyers to win puck battles during the game and compete, something they've done little of during the final quarter of the season.

The Flyers, with just two games remaining in the regular season, can slide as far as fourth in the East. Just 8 days ago, the Flyers had an 88 percent probability to clinch the No. 1 seed after their win in Pittsburgh. Now they have little chance to get the No. 1 seed, even though they still have a game in-hand over Washington. But with a win last night over Florida, the Capitals cut their magic number for the East's top seed to just one point.

The Flyers' magic number to win their first Atlantic Division title since 2004 remains at three points with Pittsburgh. The Flyers' game in-hand against Pittsburgh has vanished.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm all for it...this team has been dead for 2 months

Sadly it doesn't seem to matter who the coach is...I put ZERO blame on Lavy for this

He's a good fuckin coach these guys are playing like crap..team accountability

The Fixer wrote:

Sadly it doesn't seem to matter who the coach is...I put ZERO blame on Lavy for this

yeah man, I agree.

pronger tried before he got hurt by getting in giroux's face. that didn't work. hopefully homer has better luck

I blame carter :D
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah man, I agree.

pronger tried before he got hurt by getting in giroux's face. that didn't work. hopefully homer has better luck

I blame carter :D

I think Homer has had it

He tried breaking up the frat boys (Richards,Carter,Upshaw,Lupul) when he shipped Lupul and Upshaw out of town thinking they needed to grow up and focus more on Hockey less on partying

Common theme these last few seasons has been the same with the 2 Core Players at the helm Richards-Carter

Total blame can't go to those guys it's a team effort but it's under Richie's watch again wearing 'C'

The Fixer wrote:

hopefully tonight is the night
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

I think Homer has had it

He tried breaking up the frat boys (Richards,Carter,Upshaw,Lupul) when he shipped Lupul and Upshaw out of town thinking they needed to grow up and focus more on Hockey less on partying

Common theme these last few seasons has been the same with the 2 Core Players at the helm Richards-Carter

Total blame can't go to those guys it's a team effort but it's under Richie's watch again wearing 'C'

I agree to a point with that. This team has more veteran leadership types than in the past, although no real in your face guy other than Pronger.
    I think this season has been all about getting out in front, getting bored, and not playing meaningful games until the last couple of weeks. And after last season's squeak into the playoffs, blow through a couple of rounds, make history, and then be within a couple of close games of winning a cup, this team believes they can turn it on in the playoffs and everything will be fine (just like last year). I hope they're right or they'll be bounced early. It's almost like the motto at this point is "We limped into the playoffs last year and look where it got us"
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:

I think Homer has had it

I agree to a point with that. This team has more veteran leadership types than in the past, although no real in your face guy other than Pronger.
    I think this season has been all about getting out in front, getting bored, and not playing meaningful games until the last couple of weeks. And after last season's squeak into the playoffs, blow through a couple of rounds, make history, and then be within a couple of close games of winning a cup, this team believes they can turn it on in the playoffs and everything will be fine (just like last year). I hope they're right or they'll be bounced early. It's almost like the motto at this point is "We limped into the playoffs last year and look where it got us"

Yeah...I think Homer has really tried to bring in some leadership or former captains (Pronger,Briere) to help out with Richie's immaturity

In Hockey they would never take away the 'C' but I honestly don't think he was ready and know's how to handle the position