The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    I hate this series. Bob is going to choke away a game and get benched, then we will have to win a couple road games with Boosh. Buffalo in 6.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Pronger not on the ice for practice so far

:(

awww shucks...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    with pronger - flyers in 5
    without pronger - flyers in 7
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

awww shucks...

beep beep beep...that the rangers backing into the playoffs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

awww shucks...

beep beep beep...that the rangers backing into the playoffs

honk honk..we're in and coming through
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    I hate this series. Bob is going to choke away a game and get benched, then we will have to win a couple road games with Boosh. Buffalo in 6.

sadly i agree. hope im wrong but got a bad feeling about this series.
    pjhawks wrote:

hopefully your boy carter decides it's finally time to do something productive in the playoffs this year
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Big Drop wrote:
    My last post here for a while. . . .

You guys have a lot more riding on this series than I do. Honestly I'm just happy we made it. After our 3-9-2 start where we didn't get a home win until late November if you told me we would have finished last in the NHL I would have believed you. I'm excited to make it to the playoffs and I know with our new owner and management things are only going to get better.

Even though it may be a reach, I hope the series stays clean. Last year Boychuk from Boston intentionally injured Vanek and it just deflated us. I think both teams have evolved and we're not the big physical teams we were in the 90's.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is. . . Good luck?

Good Luck too...until the puck drops my sentiments may change

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

hopefully your boy carter decides it's finally time to do something productive in the playoffs this year

Definitely

He needs to step-up

Little Danny I think has a big series..he seems to like playing against his old team

http://www.csnphilly.com/04/11/11/Flyer ... feedID=704

Flyers notes: Will Pronger be ready for Game 1?

The mystery of whether Chris Pronger will or won’t play in Game 1 of the playoffs took another odd twist on Monday.

Pronger, who is still in rehab from surgery on March 15, did not practice at Skate Zone but did take part in the team’s special teams meetings and did his other off-ice rehab. General manager Paul Holmgren said Pronger's status remains day to day.

Some players say he’ll be ready to go Thursday in Game 1 against Buffalo while others are saying he won’t appear unless he is fully 100 percent and ready to go.

So the question is, how does coach Peter Laviolette prepare this week? Does he prepare as if he will have Pronger in the lineup? Or as if Pronger won’t be dressing?

If you take for gospel how things went today, then the Flyers are preparing as if Pronger won’t be available for Game 1.

“People come in and out of the lineup all year and they will throughout the course of the playoffs and our preparation remains the same as a group for our team,” Laviolette said. “We worked on the power play today and he wasn’t out there.

“So, we have to move on and prepare. It’s hard to say that we’re preparing as if Pronger were in there for Game 1 because he wasn’t out there today…”

But Pronger did participate in the special teams meetings … so you never know.

Laviolette would not say whether Pronger will be at practice this week.

PP, you beat me to it. Here's what I just read

Pronger, meanwhile, did not skate with his teammates again on Monday at the Flyers’ Skate Zone in Voorhees. It is believed that Pronger has not skated at all since March 28, raising multiple red flags about why a hand injury would suddenly derail Pronger’s feet from continuing to move on the ice.

General manager Paul Holmgren said in an e-mail on Monday afternoon that Pronger remains day-to-day. He missed the last 16 games of the regular season with his right hand surgery, which was supposed to not only strengthen the small bone that was fractured but also prevent re-injury.

The Flyers worked almost exclusively on special teams on Monday, which included penalty killing ace Blair Betts on the ice with his teammates. Betts, who is nursing a lower-body injury, appears to be ready for Game 1. He missed the last 3 games of the regular season.

The good news, though, is that Pronger did partake in the Flyers’ power play meeting, which is a sign he could be available to play. Or not.
    The Fixer wrote:
    PP, you beat me to it. Here's what I just read

Pronger, meanwhile, did not skate with his teammates again on Monday at the Flyers’ Skate Zone in Voorhees. It is believed that Pronger has not skated at all since March 28, raising multiple red flags about why a hand injury would suddenly derail Pronger’s feet from continuing to move on the ice.

General manager Paul Holmgren said in an e-mail on Monday afternoon that Pronger remains day-to-day. He missed the last 16 games of the regular season with his right hand surgery, which was supposed to not only strengthen the small bone that was fractured but also prevent re-injury.

The Flyers worked almost exclusively on special teams on Monday, which included penalty killing ace Blair Betts on the ice with his teammates. Betts, who is nursing a lower-body injury, appears to be ready for Game 1. He missed the last 3 games of the regular season.

The good news, though, is that Pronger did partake in the Flyers’ power play meeting, which is a sign he could be available to play. Or not.

Honestly the guy doesn't need to practice plus he re-injured himself practicing so Im not surprised he's not out there

I'd say he plays..its playoff time

He would have to have a severed hand not to play

I really smell upset here...buffalo is hot

I'm not just busting balls
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    Ha.

6a00d83451af4b69e2014e8767ecd8970d-500wi
    Ha.

sweet
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    Ha.

sweet

What's even funnier is the image of Rocky on the other side with the US flag behind him ala Rocky IV after Rocky beats the Russian. Ahhhh, irony.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Ha.

quality
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hopefully that mask has some saves in it.

is it thursday yet?
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

7th in the league in goals during the regular season, ahead of guys like Ovechkin, Toews and Eric Stall . not sure what you want out of the guy. played in playoffs last year coming off two broken feet so should get somewhat of a pass. no one wants to talk about that though. of course you will probably try and tell me goals dont matter :roll:

does our captain know the season started? mikey working on being the most overrated athlete in philly these days. and let's not forget that punk wore a yankees cap to a Nova game this year.

of course you were so happy carcillo got in the lineup last year in the playoffs so apparantly your love for the average (ross gload anyone) or worse players goes to hockey as well.
    I LOVE HOW THE FIXER ARGUES WITH HIS OWN BOYS IN EVERY SPORTS THREAD :lol: ITS GREAT
    goal totals dont mean good player.
    I LOVE HOW THE FIXER ARGUES WITH HIS OWN BOYS IN EVERY SPORTS THREAD :lol: ITS GREAT

haha. I try to keep things ineresting around here.

glad to be of service
    The Fixer wrote:

haha. I try to keep things ineresting around here.

glad to be of service

THEY GET real mad every once in awhile..its great

boys relax...its the fixer,just trying to slow down the swelling of your already swollen heads :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

YOU CANNOT BE FN SERIOUS? ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO IN HOCKEY!!!!! :x
    never said he was Wayne Gretzky but he does do the most important thing at a very high level, even if that is mostly what he does.
    jeezus christmas putting your head so far up chase utley's butt has done some serious damage there fella - get to a doctor asap.

anyone else on the top 10 or top 20 list you don't think is a good player?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

never said he was Wayne Gretzky but he does do the most important thing at a very high level, even if that is mostly what he does.
    jeezus christmas putting your head so far up chase utley's butt has done some serious damage there fella - get to a doctor asap.

so carter is better than ovechkin according to your theory. right. that makes sense
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

so carter is better than ovechkin according to your theory. right. that makes sense

where did i say he was better than Ovechkin? you said goals don't make you a good player. if you don't think the 7th leading goal scorer in the NHL is a good player than either you're a complete idiot or just an ahole stirring sh-- up.
    PASS THE POPCORN :lol::lol:

i'm not gonna get involved..but goals aren't the most important things

ill take 25-30 goals and a great complete player

over a 45 goal scorer who does dick besides that

i don't eve know what you are arguing about :lol:

:

exactly
    The Fixer wrote:

:

exactly

obviously defensive worth is most important...i love a great faceoff centermen
    The Fixer wrote:

:

exactly

obviously defensive worth is most important...i love a great faceoff centermen

it's all about roles in hockey. carter's main role is to put up solid numbers in reg season then suck ass in playoffs. I will never forgive him for game 6 of the SCF last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_803biLoDg