The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    PASS THE POPCORN :lol::lol:

i'm not gonna get involved..but goals aren't the most important things

ill take 25-30 goals and a great complete player

over a 45 goal scorer who does dick besides that

i don't eve know what you are arguing about :lol:

that wasn't the question. he thinks and said that jeff carter stinks which is absurd. the 7th leading goal scorer in the greatest hockey league in the world doesn't stink. and he won't forgive carter for not scoring even though he was plahing with 2 broken feet in the playoffs. his boy richards or carcillo didn't score in game 6 either. i guess it must be carter's fault that the flyers goalies suck still. moron probably has an Ian Lapiererre jersey and thinks he is great because he blocks shots with his face :roll: :roll: :roll:

ask him if we miss his man love chase yet too.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    PASS THE POPCORN :lol::lol:

i'm not gonna get involved..but goals aren't the most important things

ill take 25-30 goals and a great complete player

over a 45 goal scorer who does dick besides that

that wasn't the question. he thinks and said that jeff carter stinks which is absurd. the 7th leading goal scorer in the greatest hockey league in the world doesn't stink. and he won't forgive carter for not scoring even though he was plahing with 2 broken feet in the playoffs. his boy richards or carcillo didn't score in game 6 either. i guess it must be carter's fault that the flyers goalies suck still. moron probably has an Ian Lapiererre jersey and thinks he is great because he blocks shots with his face :roll: :roll: :roll:

ask him if we miss his man love chase yet too.

you are one angry mofo
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Ryan Howard
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    In the 32 games Pronger missed this season, the Flyers went 15-8-6. They were 32-15-6 in the 50 games he played.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378

That makes 2 of us. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

easy to explain for you guys - Fixer thinks Jeff Carter stinks and i say how can the guy who was 7th in the whole league in goals this season, 3rd in goals over a 3-year period in the league, and who is on pace to be the all time leading goal scorer in franchise history stink. and then they tried to tell me goals aren't that important. that sound you heard last night wasn't thunder it was me banging my head against the wall.
    pjhawks wrote:

easy to explain for you guys - Fixer thinks Jeff Carter stinks and i say how can the guy who was 7th in the whole league in goals this season, 3rd in goals over a 3-year period in the league, and who is on pace to be the all time leading goal scorer in franchise history stink. and then they tried to tell me goals aren't that important. that sound you heard last night wasn't thunder it was me banging my head against the wall.

"Stinks" is an over statement for sure

Is he a "Complete" player absolutely not but he doesn't stink

You're not on to Fixer's routine yet ? :lol:

there are probably 30 forwards in the NHL I would take over carter. Basing a player's value strictly on goal scoring totals is short sighted. the guys does one thing, which is shoot the puck. that is it. he's not that good.

the thing that frustrates me with carter is that he should be a good player. he has all of the tools...except for desire. most of the time he looks like he just doesn't give a fuck.

he's bobby abreu on skates
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,674
    its amazing how frequently these teams have played in Round 1 since they grouped the Divisions together in the playoff pool.

Rumors are that Pronger will not play in Game 1. Briere said on Buffalo radio today that pronger wont play. Officially, they have said nothing. Injuries are always so murky during the playoffs.
    The Fixer wrote:
    there are probably 30 forwards in the NHL I would take over carter. Basing a player's value strictly on goal scoring totals is short sighted. the guys does one thing, which is shoot the puck. that is it. he's not that good.

the thing that frustrates me with carter is that he should be a good player. he has all of the tools...except for desire. most of the time he looks like he just doesn't give a fuck.

wow a whole 30, so at worst you are admitting on average he would be the 2nd best forward on every team in the league. that's a pretty damn good player to me than (and might be a higher ranking on the Flyers team even for me). and i don't fully get that he only does one thing well. if that was the case he'd wouldn't be playing the minutes he does under Laviolette. the guy is a damn good nhl player.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

wow a whole 30, so at worst you are admitting on average he would be the 2nd best forward on every team in the league. that's a pretty damn good player to me than (and might be a higher ranking on the Flyers team even for me). and i don't fully get that he only does one thing well. if that was the case he'd wouldn't be playing the minutes he does under Laviolette. the guy is a damn good nhl player.

I don't see how you can like the guy as a flyers fan. esp after the pens series 3 years ago and the SCF last year. he's brutal

and you can't say he'd be the 2nd best player on every team. that's not accurate. he would be the best player on shit teams. and a 3rd line player on good teams. my point is that the guy isn't that good.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    MayDay10 wrote:
    its amazing how frequently these teams have played in Round 1 since they grouped the Divisions together in the playoff pool.

Rumors are that Pronger will not play in Game 1. Briere said on Buffalo radio today that pronger wont play. Officially, they have said nothing. Injuries are always so murky during the playoffs.

Briere just stated he was joking with the Buffalo radio guys and "has no clue" about Pronger's status.

Let the gamesmanship begin. Pronger skated for 50 minutes today but did not practice with the team.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't see how you can like the guy as a flyers fan. esp after the pens series 3 years ago and the SCF last year. he's brutal

and you can't say he'd be the 2nd best player on every team. that's not accurate. he would be the best player on shit teams. and a 3rd line player on good teams. my point is that the guy isn't that good.

THE FLYERS FINISHED 2ND IN THE CONFERNCE COMING OFF A STANLEY CUP FINALS APPEARANCE - THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM AND HE ISN'T A 3RD LINE PLAYER FOR THEM. :o
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Briere just stated he was joking with the Buffalo radio guys and "has no clue" about Pronger's status.

Let the gamesmanship begin. Pronger skated for 50 minutes today but did not practice with the team.

yeah, who knows what's going on with him. I think the flyers can win this series without him
    CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!

how else to get the point across of the absurdity of the fixer's statement(s). apparantly he doesn't think the flyers are a good team. and i'd love to hear the 6 forwards on each of the so-called good teams he thinks are better than jeff carter. insanity.
    pjhawks wrote:
    CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!

how else to get the point across of the absurdity of the fixer's statement(s). apparantly he doesn't think the flyers are a good team. and i'd love to hear the 6 forwards on each of the so-called good teams he thinks are better than jeff carter. insanity.

I don't get your infatuation with my opinions. Are you jeff carter?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    chromiam wrote:
    CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha

I know. :lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!

your comments on this topic made you look foolish and now your just trying to deflect the issue. try to backtrack now.....

and you know what, for a guy who watches and talks about sports as much as you do, it drives me wild that you could have such thoughts at times. i would expect the morons on wip and the people who don't actually watch a lot of sports to offer up these kinds of opinions. for a die-hard to have these opinions i don't get. i expect more from you.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

your comments on this topic made you look foolish and now your just trying to deflect the issue. try to backtrack now.....

I'm curious. did you like bobby abreu when he was here?

We can list your ridiculous post history in this thread, but I don't feel the need. You should stick to college hoops brotha.
    The Fixer wrote:

We can list your ridiculous post history in this thread, but I don't feel the need. You should stick to college hoops brotha.

i hated bobby abreau with a passion. one of the most hated players ever. and jeff carter is way better than bobby abreau.

and what posts are your referring to, the halladay one you love to quote but conveniently forget that i proved to you i was referring to a 3-4 start sample and not the whole season?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i hated bobby abreau with a passion. one of the most hated players ever. and jeff carter is way better than bobby abreau.

and what posts are your referring to, the halladay one you love to quote but conveniently forget that i proved to you i was referring to a 3-4 start sample and not the whole season?

most are baseball related. things like comparing howard to babe ruth and such.

anyway, this is the flyers thread. you like carter and I don't. Hopefully your boy does something...anything in the playoffs this year. I'm not counting on it...ya know, since he never does
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

most are baseball related. things like comparing howard to babe ruth and such.

anyway, this is the flyers thread. you like carter and I don't. Hopefully your boy does something...anything in the playoffs this year. I'm not counting on it...ya know, since he never does

ill wait on that list of the 6 forwards on each good team that you feel is better than Carter. i guess ill get that list when some sabermathician comes up with some stupid stat for hockey players :roll:
    pjhawks wrote:

ill wait on that list of the 6 forwards on each good team that you feel is better than Carter. i guess ill get that list when some sabermathician comes up with some stupid stat for hockey players :roll:

I'd take a guy like dubinsky or jordan staal over carter every time. they might not score as many goals, but they sure as hell bring more to their teams. I'm not putting the effort into examining every teams roster to find guys I think are better. sorry.

hopefully frosty proves me wrong and contributes to a long playoff run.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I'd take a guy like dubinsky or jordan staal over carter every time. they might not score as many goals, but they sure as hell bring more to their teams. I'm not putting the effort into examining every teams roster to find guys I think are better. sorry.

hopefully frosty proves me wrong and contributes to a long playoff run.

yes lets hope their shitty goaltending doesn't cost them another Cup.
    gotta love pronger taking all of the attention away from the team. just like last year. beast

Pronger 'very' confident he will play in series
    UPDATE 2: Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger says he is "very" confident that he will play in the first-round playoff series against Buffalo.

Asked whether he would be ready for Game 1, he said, "I guess you will have to wait and see."

He wouldn't go into much detail, but he skated today with Ian Laperriere with a stick in his hand. He did not shoot a puck and has not shot a puck in two weeks.

General manager Paul Holmgren says he remains "day to day."

UPDATED: Well, we speculated that Danny Briere might have been joking around with the radio hosts in Buffalo.

And he told the reporters in the locker room after Flyers' practice that is just what he was doing.

If we take him at his word, Briere said he "had no clue" about Pronger's status for the playoff series against the Sabres.

FROM EARLIER:

Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger is scheduled to meet with the media today after practice to talk about his status for the playoff series against Buffalo.

All general manager Paul Holmgren would issue yesterday was that Pronger is "day-to-day."

Perhaps the best information thus far has come from teammate Danny Briere, who was on Buffalo radio station WGR this morning and said Pronger will not play in Game 1 and said it was "very possible" that Pronger could miss the entire series.

Briere, of course, is a former member of the Sabres and knew he was on radio in Buffalo. Maybe this was a move to simply boost the hopes of the Sabres fans who once cheered for him.

"Obviously he's a big part of our team. I can't wait for him to come back in the lineup and I don't know when he's going to come back in the lineup, whether it's going to be this series or the next one, if we move on," Briere said. "But we can't use that as an excuse."

Asked if Pronger would be available at all against Buffalo, Briere said, "Yeah, that's very possible. I just don't know, nobody knows when he's going to be ready. I don't expect him to start in the first game, to be there for the first game, but after that I don't know."
    The Fixer wrote:
    gotta love pronger taking all of the attention away from the team. just like last year. beast

Pronger 'very' confident he will play in series
    UPDATE 2: Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger says he is "very" confident that he will play in the first-round playoff series against Buffalo.

Asked whether he would be ready for Game 1, he said, "I guess you will have to wait and see."

He wouldn't go into much detail, but he skated today with Ian Laperriere with a stick in his hand. He did not shoot a puck and has not shot a puck in two weeks.

General manager Paul Holmgren says he remains "day to day."

UPDATED: Well, we speculated that Danny Briere might have been joking around with the radio hosts in Buffalo.

And he told the reporters in the locker room after Flyers' practice that is just what he was doing.

If we take him at his word, Briere said he "had no clue" about Pronger's status for the playoff series against the Sabres.

FROM EARLIER:

Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger is scheduled to meet with the media today after practice to talk about his status for the playoff series against Buffalo.

All general manager Paul Holmgren would issue yesterday was that Pronger is "day-to-day."

Perhaps the best information thus far has come from teammate Danny Briere, who was on Buffalo radio station WGR this morning and said Pronger will not play in Game 1 and said it was "very possible" that Pronger could miss the entire series.

Briere, of course, is a former member of the Sabres and knew he was on radio in Buffalo. Maybe this was a move to simply boost the hopes of the Sabres fans who once cheered for him.

"Obviously he's a big part of our team. I can't wait for him to come back in the lineup and I don't know when he's going to come back in the lineup, whether it's going to be this series or the next one, if we move on," Briere said. "But we can't use that as an excuse."

Asked if Pronger would be available at all against Buffalo, Briere said, "Yeah, that's very possible. I just don't know, nobody knows when he's going to be ready. I don't expect him to start in the first game, to be there for the first game, but after that I don't know."

He's playing

Not sure how effective he'll be if he has pain in his hand but I gurantee he's out there

Just bought tix for Thursday. I will be trying to improve on my 2-2 career playoff record
    Pronger skated and stick handled in practice no shooting

Most likely out according to the beat writers for Game 1