The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• What a ballbreaker of a loss. That's how it goes I guess. Rags are in trouble Sunday.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Canes were UP for this game big time. Flyers couldn't match intensity in the 1st.

If you gotta lose a game, might as well lose it on Rod's night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Good game overall

BOB played really well after the 2nd goal

Nice Touch each team wearing the 17 Jersey's
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Fuck you nbc. I dont want to watch the red wings....and fuck you center ice, you dont have any of the games. Wtf
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Is it me, or can Carter not hit the Titanic from the iceberg?

he is brutal. the first pass he connects on will be the first.

speaking of brutal...who is this play-by-play guy on NBC? horrible
    The Fixer wrote:

he is brutal. the next pass he connects on will be the first.

Fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he is brutal. the next pass he connects on will be the first.

Fixed

same difference. carter right on cue getting stoned. giroux shows him how it's done. is it too late to trade their contracts for one another?

carcillo...holla

I hate the rangers more than any team in the NHL. I love watching the flyers beat their asses
    this announcer is so bad. I'm at my in-laws shorehouse in delaware. they get the baltimore NBC and the PHilly NBC feeds. Jim Jackson is doing play by play on the caps/sabres game. weird that he wouldn't get the flyers.

I gotta find out who this play-by-play guy is. I have never heard him before. and hopefully I won't ever be forced to listen to him again. where is sam rosen when you need him?
  • The Fixer wrote:

We have to admit that backhand pass to Giroux was amazing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

We have to admit that backhand pass to Giroux was amazing.

are you talking about the pass giroux made? he is incredible

I didn't see o'donnell get hurt. I saw lower body injury. anyone know what the exact injury is? hopefully it's not serious
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    JJ is doing the play by play for Wash/Buff? Weird.
    JJ is doing the play by play for Wash/Buff? Weird.

yep...strange indeed. This means that the turd calling the flyers game has to be a NYR guy right? I thought Sam Rosen did their games on TV.

whoever this dude is he is terrible
  • The Fixer wrote:

No, Carter's no look pass to Giroux after he got stoned. I can't stand him, but that was awesome.

The Fixer wrote:

No, Carter's no look pass to Giroux after he got stoned. I can't stand him, but that was awesome.

I didn't see any kind of pass. I thought the rebound bounced out to giroux.

well, boucher is done. that was fun while it lasted
  • The Fixer wrote:

Goal and an assist for Carter so far man he sucks.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Goal and an assist for Carter so far man he sucks.

did you see the rangers first goal? carter should have gotten an assist on that one too. but the stats are all the matter
    This team is awesome. Just stay healthy and they are winning it all
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Bad things happen in threes...Richards flu , Betts hand , O'Donnell's dreaded lower body injury. Let that be it for awhile. That said, thoroughly enjoy any victory over NY . Well done Orange and Black. great to see Carcillo chip in . Happy for Versteeg too . First goal as a Flyer.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    nice win, 4-0 against The Rangers this year. Didn't see the game cause it wasn't on live here for some reason. I thought it would be on NBC but they had another game. They showed a replay on cn8 (I think afterwards).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • A win on the road is always a good thing

They definitely didn't play well in the 3rd period though...3 shots ? :x

O'Donnell is fine..thankfully

Homer might want to get some depth at defense I'm not excited about Bartulis as our back up

• They definitely didn't play well in the 3rd period though...3 shots ? :x

This team is looking tired at the end of games quite a bit these days. Maybe just a stretch of a lot of games. (4 in 6 days, right?)

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    only the 3rd game ever in franchise history with no penalty calls against the flyers. been a long time since flyers and rangers met in a playoff series. i think this is the year for it to happen again.
  • They definitely didn't play well in the 3rd period though...3 shots ? :x

This team is looking tired at the end of games quite a bit these days. Maybe just a stretch of a lot of games. (4 in 6 days, right?)

Yeah they definitely do seem tired

Plus, Lavy's system is constant attack for the most part

I think they get complacent also...it's only human nature when you're winning a lot

• pjhawks wrote:
    only the 3rd game ever in franchise history with no penalty calls against the flyers. been a long time since flyers and rangers met in a playoff series. i think this is the year for it to happen again.

Didn't expect that yesterday against the Rangers of all teams

The Rivalries aren't what they used to be

:|

• pjhawks wrote:

Probably the next matchup will have about 200 PIM's - don't worry. ;)

• pjhawks wrote:

Probably the next matchup will have about 200 PIM's - don't worry. ;)

I hope so...nothing better than a few fisticuffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzcfCW0 ... 76BA92A36F

• My drinking team has a hockey problem

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    IN TODAY'S GAME..THEIR IS NO WAY a team can't take a 2 min penalty..im sorry but not possible
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    IN TODAY'S GAME..THEIR IS NO WAY a team can't take a 2 min penalty..im sorry but not possible

clearly, you didn't realize that the nhl is in bed with the flyers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

that dude is classic..

good snow story when he was with the pens...i went to isles pens at coliseum ..tickets were right next to the runway where pens backup goalie sits for those who don't know...snow was the backup

i was whacked and just started talking to him normal and he was more than happy to have a convo considering the pens were getting blown out

by the middle of the 2nd i convinced him to let me try on his glove and blocker...swear to god.... :lol:

the isles fans figured i was his cousin or something :lol:

then someone on the isles got a hat trick and all the collected hats were put in a bag and put by snow...he gets up and hands me the whole bag :lol: ...im like wtf AM I GONNA DO WITH THIS SHIT SNOW :mrgreen:
    so i was just throwing them up to the seats around me ...

man that was an awesome time....always have love for snow for being so cool

game ended got up shook hands and went on my way....by that time we need each other's life story

thats my story...carry on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......