Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    On another related note a Dayhome isnt neccisarily better than a Daycare.
    Drives me nuts that my sister wont put her kids in Daycare.
    She has to find a Dayhome. And every Dayhome she has tried hasnt been as good about stuff as the Daycare I used to work at. Why do Daycares get such a bad rap?
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    genevieve wrote:
    I understand exactly what you are saying.
    But there were some parents that cared only about what thier kids looked like.
    Would fuss if there was a stain on the shirt that wasnt there before but couldnt be bothered to give thier 19 month old a little cuddle.
    Thats what bothered me. Parents who had an attitude about the stupedist stuff and would rip a strip off the workers and then drag their kid out of the place like piece of deadwood.
    we knew the parents like you were doing their best.
    We knew because the kids didnt have issues at the age of 6months.
    We knew because some of the parents didnt care if we thought thier little boy might be deaf. Or thier little girl was oozing crap out of her ear from an ear infection. Or wouldnt treat the excema so bad i could see flesh through and would out of my own pocket pay for cream for that little girl and put it on her while she was around.
    We knew who cared.
    And like I said.
    It depends on the parent and the caregiver.
    Working together is really important.

Gotcha.

Working together is very important yes!!!

You asked why daycares are getting bad rep... because unfortunately things have been happening and they've made it to news that scare parents.

dayhomes are not better... but cheaper. I freaked out when I was looking for one and this lady was coughing while there were kids in background and saying she'd accept one more kid. ugh.

The daycares I've had... some good and bad experiences.

Bad experiences where I had to deal with the workers who would not work with me or understand the issues I was trying to resolve.

For example, my son did not like naps and does not like vegetables (who doesn't right?).

So I told him to just lay down and pretend for a while... make up stories in his mind until it's time to "get up".

But there was one time when he really had to go to the bathroom and the workers wouldn't allow him.

He complained this to me and I spoke to them about that... "well that's the rules..." blah blah.

I went off on them because they wouldn't listen to me.

And I witnessed one worker yelling at a little four years old girl who was still in her potty training phase.

They were working together - she was all smiling. I was watching her while waiting for my children and they were unaware of me watching them.

Worker: "What's that smell?" *sniff sniff*
    girl: *scared face, shrugs uncomfortably*

Worker: "Is that you???" *checks her pants and smells her*
    "You pooped in your pants?!!!"
    girl: *head down, tries not to try*

I. Went. Off. On. Her.

I screamed on the top of my lungs - scared the shit out of the worker.

I fucking blew the roof off in that place - everyone was running to see what the hell happened. Thought someone got hurt badly.

Oh yes, that girl's self-esteem got blown bad and big time with that worker's attitude.

That was the day I started questioning daycare. I could not wait until I graduated from college to say goooood bye to them (I couldn't transfer them 'cause I was getting grant to cover for the daycare).

Obviously, you were one of the caring workers...but I don't think there are that many around.

But then again...that was years ago.

I still don't trust people...it's so hard.

I can't even get a babysitter if I wanted to anyway. :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Wow that would soooo never happen at the place I worked at.
    Sure the mats the kids slept on werent brand new. And neither were the toys.
    But I ate what the kids ate everyday for lunch.
    And I had a snuggle and nap beside a different kid everyday.
    And potty training you have to say "shit happens" literally.
    I have to say working there was the most rewarding job, but the most draining. The worst paying and yet the best paying.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Wow that would soooo never happen at the place I worked at.
    Sure the mats the kids slept on werent brand new. And neither were the toys.
    But I ate what the kids ate everyday for lunch.
    And I had a snuggle and nap beside a different kid everyday.
    And potty training you have to say "shit happens" literally.
    I have to say working there was the most rewarding job, but the most draining. The worst paying and yet the best paying.

Sounds like a great daycare! :)

That daycare I mentioned was "one of the best ones" - all fancy and stuff, even with security....

Ha!

It's tough these days...how do you convience parents it's really the best?

The best is to look for messageboards or blogs on parents' experiences with certain daycares, I guess?

I'm not trying to scare any parents here...but it's good to keep your eyes open!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Well the Montessori down the road wasnt as good.
    A few parents switched to us.
    We had no security. Just kept our eyes and ears open.
    Locked doors. Just were generally safe.
    The owner had to make ends meet.
    Subsidies and government help were only enough to get by on.
    We never had a hope of a raise and that is sad.
    We were looking after kids during some really important years.
    I taught 3-5 year olds french with flash cards I made on my own.
    But hey our meals were super balanced. Our kids had fun and structure.
    And I got to have a free lunch everyday and a nap during my break.
    What a great job!
  • Options
    Love the new pics, Gen! :) She really looks JUST like you! Annabelle really looks more like Greg (hubby), but she is starting to look like me. People say she has my smile. :)

As far as staying home vs. working goes, I think every family has to do what works best for everyone in question. I'm still trying to figure out what that is for our family. We're moving to New Jersey in one week and we will be very close to Greg's parents, who will be available for free babysitting anytime we need it. I'm thinking of getting some sort of part time job because I'm really REALLY missing the adult interaction that I used to have at work. I absolutely love every minute I spend with the baby, but I have to admit, I have been feeling kind of isolated from the rest of the world. I think it would be good for my mental health to get out a little more. Now that we'll be living so close to my in-laws, I think I'll feel okay leaving the baby with my mother-in-law for a couple of hours at least a couple of days a week. I trust her completely and I feel ok leaving the baby with her on a very part-time basis. But then, at the same time, the thought of leaving Annabelle for any amount of time makes me sad... So I think I'll just do it on a trial basis and see how it feels.

I honestly never expected to stay at home with a baby, until I got pregnant. I do plan to go back to work full-time at some point (doing god knows what, because I was not satisfied with my old career, lol). I don't know when, though, because I be at home for baby #2 and I am not really sure when he or she will be coming. (Last week I thought baby #2 might be coming in Sept 07, and that turned out to be a false alarm, lol...but that's another story! :D) So yeah...I have a lot of thinking to do about that. :)

Most importantly, I think that as long as you're actively *thinking* about what will be best for your individual family, half the battle is won. :) It's the people who only consider themselves or only consider the child's well-being that are missing out.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    If mom ain't happy.....AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY! Do what feels good and right for YOU and your child! Always listen to your gut in every situation. Each of your families are unique, just do everything with love being your focus...and it will all work out!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    Meddle your lack of posting has us all a flutter!
    Hope all is well.
    Take lotsa pics.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    maybe cloe is already there???
    By the way when did you all adjust the nursery???
  • Options
    and today we will give our Bird away .The Parents of my friend will get him.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    and today we will give our Bird away .The Parents of my friend will get him.

Why do you have to give your bird away? Are they harmful when pregnant?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    LetiLeti Posts: 25
    genevieve wrote:
    This can be either your significant other or you personally.
    I keep seeing people post in different threads that they are,
    so I thought we deserve a thread for it.

Im due May 17th. Have no idea if its a boy or girl, but secretly want a girl a bit more.
    This is my first baby.
    I thought us ladies could swap info and so-on its always nice to have support.

Hey I went on the Foo Fighters website and in thier Goods section they have bibs and one-pieces, sooo much more than here. I think Ill email 10c and see if they have any plans in the future for the same sort of thing.

Any way to make this a sticky?
    Kat? Sea?

They also have light up FF pacifiers.
    09.05.92 / 10.14.00 / 04.06.03 / 05.16.06 / 05.17.06

Leti
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Why do you have to give your bird away? Are they harmful when pregnant?

the bird excrement can be harmful .and my babe has not the nerves to do it.and the parents of my best friend ask to have it.and they have time .
  • Options
    Ok I'm not pregnant....but you all need to go to Meddle's myspace. There is a little diva there u all need to meet. ;)

http://www.myspace.com/meddledeal
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Ok I'm not pregnant....but you all need to go to Meddle's myspace. There is a little diva there u all need to meet. ;)

oh cool! i was wondering if chloe finally made her appearance! :) yay!
  • Options

Yay!!! Congratulations, Meddle (whenever you see this!!)!!! She is beautiful! Welcome to the world little Choe!! :):):)

I can't wait to see more pics!
  • Options

Hey Mel!!!!

Thanks for the heads up - her profile is set to private, but I was able to see her beautiful little one!!!

Meddle, congrats and rest well!!! :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options

oh she is sooo cute .Congrates !!!!And i wish you all the best for your family::):):):):)
  • Options
    Beautiful Baby!!!! Congrats to mom and dad!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    I made a post on her myspace page already but CONGRATS again girl!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    hi everyone! haha. I guess Mel has beat me to the punch. I did have my baby on Jan 18th @ 4:15am. it was a 9 hour labor and the contractions were not fun at all. I actually thought the whole delivering was the easiest. :D

My little Chloe Sequoia is here.I am sorry for my lack of posting, but I know you all understand the first few days of being a mom is going back and forth between feeding and changing and resting in the midst of everything. :p

I ended up having a episotomy which sucks, but oh well, what can you do? But bringing her into the world is the BEST feeling EVER! My boyfriend and I are escatic w/our new arrival. She has made our life even brighter than it ever was :D

Here is some pics of my little one :)
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Chloe%20Sequoia/
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Good to see that you are doing great! :D We need details! Sorry about the E, I had them with my first two....they do suck!

Get your rest!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    awwwww she's a doll! congratulations!!
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    hi everyone! haha. I guess Mel has beat me to the punch. I did have my baby on Jan 18th @ 4:15am. it was a 9 hour labor and the contractions were not fun at all. I actually thought the whole delivering was the easiest. :D

My little Chloe Sequoia is here.I am sorry for my lack of posting, but I know you all understand the first few days of being a mom is going back and forth between feeding and changing and resting in the midst of everything. :p

I ended up having a episotomy which sucks, but oh well, what can you do? But bringing her into the world is the BEST feeling EVER! My boyfriend and I are escatic w/our new arrival. She has made our life even brighter than it ever was :D

Here is some pics of my little one :)
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Chloe%20Sequoia/

Congrats! :D
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    Congrats again! Glad your home, get some rest, cant wait to read the whole story when your feeling up too it.

Forgive me, but Ive completely forgotten what a episotomy is..
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    Aww Meddle shes really cute.
    Congrats.
    And dont even worry about not being around! We all took a few days off! :D
    I need some stats when you got a sec. Weight, Length...
    How are you feeling?
    Got lotsa support?
    I didnt have and Episiotemy but did need one stitch.
    So was it pretty much natural or did you have an epi?
    9hrs is a good labour. Not too fast not dragging on either.
    Well fill us in when you got a sec.
    oooohhhh Im so excited!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Thumbs up Meddle and Congrats to you!

We're all so happy for you.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Thumbs up Meddle and Congrats to you!

We're all so happy for you.

PBM

Hey we need some new pics from you too Mr!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Well, I thought you'd never ask.

Never ask a parent to show you pictures of their kids...because they won't hesistate. :D;)

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/Brent_Hinson/

My favorite (Xavier holding his personalized guitar pick):

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/Brent_Hinson/?action=view&current=Rockstar.jpg

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    she's beautiful.

best wishes for your recovery and for your first experience of mumhood!
    I'd rather be with an animal.